What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

It’s gone so far downhill no check ins after mid season finale.  

I’ll just say this:  Granted Carol has been one of my least favorite characters for years, but she is now pretty much the Gilligan of the zombie apocalypse.   
Yeah I don't like what they've turned Carol into.  One bad decision after another with one of the best characters in the series.  I think Daryl knows what she needs but he can't talk the writers into setting the stage.  Now if it were on HBO...  

Below average finale, mid-season or not.  They seemed to spend too much time on the new guy from the island. So Michonne is going to his island to bring back some key weapon that can kill a herd?  Gatling gun... couple of rocket launchers?  And the group can keep in touch with her via walkie-talkie with her being 2 days journey away?  Is that right?  And his group is just going to let Michonne take their weapons?  Really?  

Rosita has lost her fighting edge because she is a mother now?  Seems it would be the opposite when motherly protective instincts kick in.

Following Carol into a rabbit hole, one after another seems like a pretty solid idea.  What could go wrong?  

Best scene was the first with Rosita, baby, the guy and a zombie Saddik.  Went downhill from there.  
Agreed, regarding below average mid-season finale.. The one part though that was worth watching was .. Preacher man.. WHOH!!!!   :eek:

Response to Bold - He is on the island alone with his family.. At least that is what he told Michonne...
Based on what little information we were given, it seems the weapons he is bringing her to the island for are something that is not needed to protect the island. Guessing some kind of bomb/explosives?

Red - Yea, that was the worst "lazy" writing in the season, and that's saying a lot!  Plenty of ways to "trap" them then "Which way did she go...wait, it's a trap??"
No reason Carol, or even those that fell in after her, couldn't have yelled back at Daryl to stop as they knew he'd follow. 

As mentioned above, Carol needs to go.. She's was a interesting character, but has now become a liability to the group and this show.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one part though that was worth watching was .. Preacher man.. WHOH!!!!   :eek:

As mentioned above, Carol needs to go.. She's was a interesting character, but has now become a liability to the group and this show.
I wanted to like the scene with the preacher but I can't remember from last night what actually put him over the edge.  Just wasn't his character to do that.  Because of Saddik? Because he took away the doctor and his girlfriend has an infant?  All the things he's been through with Negan, etc., and he chose that guy, who was in no position to do any more harm, to go nuts on?  IDK, guess I just didn't buy it.

IIRC, Carol's character in the comics is dead at this point (not a spoiler).  These writers don't have any story arc for her to go by (from the comics) and they, it appears, just decided to make her a reckless, impulsive liability to the group.   Well that's one way to go I suppose.  

One thing the show did reveal is how the doctor got into Alexandria seemingly out of nowhere and how Lydia didn't recognize him or know who he was.  Glad the included that up front as it answered a lot of questions.  

I wanted to like the scene with the preacher but I can't remember from last night what actually put him over the edge.  Just wasn't his character to do that.  Because of Saddik? Because he took away the doctor and his girlfriend has an infant?  All the things he's been through with Negan, etc., and he chose that guy, who was in no position to do any more harm, to go nuts on?  IDK, guess I just didn't buy it.

IIRC, Carol's character in the comics is dead at this point (not a spoiler).  These writers don't have any story arc for her to go by (from the comics) and they, it appears, just decided to make her a reckless, impulsive liability to the group.   Well that's one way to go I suppose.  
It's been a few season, but he has snapped before.. In this case it wasn't just that he thought of Saddik as a Brother, but that he felt he was there to protect Rosita and the child and failed.

So, in his case, "“My Wrath prevails over my Mercy.” ;)  

Below average finale, mid-season or not.  They seemed to spend too much time on the new guy from the island. So Michonne is going to his island to bring back some key weapon that can kill a herd?  Gatling gun... couple of rocket launchers?  And the group can keep in touch with her via walkie-talkie with her being 2 days journey away?  Is that right?  And his group is just going to let Michonne take their weapons?  Really?  

Rosita has lost her fighting edge because she is a mother now?  Seems it would be the opposite when motherly protective instincts kick in.

Following Carol into a rabbit hole, one after another seems like a pretty solid idea.  What could go wrong?  

Best scene was the first with Rosita, baby, the guy and a zombie Saddik.  Went downhill from there.  
I was thinking a large bomb or at least some type of napalm type weapon.  

One thing the show did reveal is how the doctor got into Alexandria seemingly out of nowhere and how Lydia didn't recognize him or know who he was.  Glad the included that up front as it answered a lot of questions.  
Sort of lazy writing though, kind of a hey let's set up a scene that explains exactly what people will be wondering about (how did Lydia not know him) from when that doctor suddenly turns bad. IMHO, it opens up more cans of worms because I start wondering how he went from being a 100% follower with no personality to a joking, fully functional doctor.

Think about it, this guy has been walking around for years now with the Whisperers but he didn't forget any of his doctor training (if he used it, Lydia would have to know who the doctor of the group was) and can turn on a switch and become a charming, funny member of a community. The garbage pail kids devolved into single word sentence people, but he went from not talking and practicing anything in years to Patch Adams?

Michonne is supposed to be leaving the show.  is this the last we've seen of her perhaps?
I suspect she comes back to save the day when things look bleak for her side. The only question then is what the strategy is for her to leave the show (I'm assuming she won't die because they want to use her in the stand-alone Rick movies that are planned).

I don't really know why I am still watching this show. It's really not even close to good. I miss even the days of Daryl rocket launching a biker gang or the hysterical buddy comedy of Daryl and Carol falling off a bridge in a van. I feel like we jumped the shark that ate the other shark that Fonzie jumped over.

I guess I am in it until it ends. I will probably still fast forward through scenes like I have been doing. I don't need to see Eugene cry in front of Rosita again.

If they want to preserve this idea that Alpha is someone to be scared of in a physical confrontation, they should probably refrain from showing her running...

She runs like my 67 year old aunt chasing after her granddaughter

Sort of lazy writing though, kind of a hey let's set up a scene that explains exactly what people will be wondering about (how did Lydia not know him) from when that doctor suddenly turns bad. IMHO, it opens up more cans of worms because I start wondering how he went from being a 100% follower with no personality to a joking, fully functional doctor.

Think about it, this guy has been walking around for years now with the Whisperers but he didn't forget any of his doctor training (if he used it, Lydia would have to know who the doctor of the group was) and can turn on a switch and become a charming, funny member of a community. The garbage pail kids devolved into single word sentence people, but he went from not talking and practicing anything in years to Patch Adams?
When Alpha was talking to him for the job in Alexandria she said he was new to the group and Lydia didn't know him.  Guess he joined the group after Lydia had left the group and stayed at hilltop.  So he wasn't walking around with them for years.  

incidentally, the mask they found on the beach at seaside a few episodes ago was the doctor's mask when he joined seaside by infiltration set up by alpha.  

Crap finale.  Seemed like a filler episode.  Sucked.  These days I am just sticking with it since I have so much time already invested. Not sure why I still feel excited when Sunday nights approach.  Maybe it's ingrained in me from years/seasons ago.

When Alpha was talking to him for the job in Alexandria she said he was new to the group and Lydia didn't know him.  Guess he joined the group after Lydia had left the group and stayed at hilltop.  So he wasn't walking around with them for years.  
That’s even worse. How would he be so ingrained with them if he joined a few months ago? I would have taken the shot to leave them and live in Alexandria.

I understand the explanation, but it rang a little hollow as if they knew they’d have to explain it. Look at the other prisoner. He was a devotee for sure. He was there as long and he didn’t seem to notice the other guy and no way he could have pulled that off. I got the point just seemed more just to satisfy people watching who didn’t believe he was a spy. Kind of like those whodunnit movies where the killer was someone we didn’t even know so you had no chance to guess it and then they explain why after the fact.

That’s even worse. How would he be so ingrained with them if he joined a few months ago? I would have taken the shot to leave them and live in Alexandria.
That I agree with.  Why not just jump ship and stay in Alexandria and give them any whisperer secrets he may have?  Or maybe they have his kid or something, I don't know about that.  

me's thinks you are thinking too much about this show ;)

Michonne is supposed to be leaving the show.  is this the last we've seen of her perhaps?
I suspect she comes back to save the day when things look bleak for her side. The only question then is what the strategy is for her to leave the show (I'm assuming she won't die because they want to use her in the stand-alone Rick movies that are planned).
Always the possibility they kill her off on the Island and have the Family return with the weapons as a pay back. :shrug:  

If they want to preserve this idea that Alpha is someone to be scared of in a physical confrontation, they should probably refrain from showing her running...

She runs like my 67 year old aunt chasing after her granddaughter
IMO, that was on purpose.. She didn't want to lose them... if she outruns them and hides, then they don't follow and thus they don't fall into the trap. :shrug:  

Crap finale.  Seemed like a filler episode.  Sucked.  These days I am just sticking with it since I have so much time already invested. Not sure why I still feel excited when Sunday nights approach.  Maybe it's ingrained in me from years/seasons ago.
Agreed crap finale for sure.   that said it was the best show of the season imo.   The zombie syid and gabe flipping the #### out was cool at least, everything else was pretty bad.

I am the exact same way, I am riding this crap fest out only cuz I've been watching it for ten years and its something to watch after the football game on sunday nights, I do not get excited anymore though.    I fell behind a couple weeks and literally forced myself to half ### watch the other two episodes this weekend.

honest question, this show really coming back again in the spring?  And if it does that has to be the last of it I am assuming.   I thought I read the ratings were still very good for its spot but I find that hard to believe at the same time.

honest question, this show really coming back again in the spring?  And if it does that has to be the last of it I am assuming.   I thought I read the ratings were still very good for its spot but I find that hard to believe at the same time.
Daryl & unfortunately Carol extended their contracts 3 years in December of 2018 leading many to see it lasting at least 3 more seasons, aka season 12. It has already been renewed for season 10 by AMC so buckle in. ;)

So this new spin off coming...is that the people that nabbed Rick? Are they the same ones in Fear with the helicopter?
Doubt it... They have a Rick movie coming out, so can't see them bringing that group in, unless they jump back 10 years. :oldunsure:

ETA......

Looks like it is that group after all..

It'll feature CRM, the mysterious group that flew Grimes away in a helicopter in Lincoln's final episode last season.

I'm looking forward to Negan double crossing Alpha and helping out the Alexandrians.
Agreed, but how many episodes will it take to get there.

As soon as Alpha started running toward the cave I thought "You're kidding, right?". Then it got more ridiculous by the second.  :rolleyes:

Agreed, but how many episodes will it take to get there.

As soon as Alpha started running toward the cave I thought "You're kidding, right?". Then it got more ridiculous by the second.  :rolleyes:
ugh I am so bad at this show now,  I must have feel asleep and not even noticed.   I thought I watched the whole thing until I came in here yesterday and read about the rabbit hole, I watched the last 10-15 minutes last night.    There has been a ton of stupid crap though on this show but that was right up there, the entire group just kept falling off the cliff lol

Yeah the cave thing was dumb. Almost like the commercial where they run into the garage behind the chain saws.
LOL, so true.

"Why can't we just get in the running car?"

"Shut up Daryl and just run into the cave with a slide like entrance that doesn't allow for escape after Alpha pulls the Indiana Jones lever to close the boulder door."

"Good idea Carol."

Single best episode in years with Negan spouting one liners at Alpha and Beta then doesnt even make an appearance in the final two. Jesus christ these #### sacks. 

Daryl & unfortunately Carol extended their contracts 3 years in December of 2018 leading many to see it lasting at least 3 more seasons, aka season 12. It has already been renewed for season 10 by AMC so buckle in. ;)
According to The Independent:

"The zombie drama, which airs in the US on network AMC, is midway through its 10th season, but according to sources close to the show, it will end with its 12th in March 2022."

End of TWD

World Beyond has a trailer if you want a peek. https://youtu.be/MWjp82a5qmA

All the rest of your links I believe are for the various webisodes and shorts the two shows have used as advertisements in the off season over the years.  I have seen most of them.

I liked those early Walking Dead webisodes. Webisodes were kind of cool imo when done well, but Feels like a thing that died out very quickly.

Flight 462 was so bad. They built it up as this huge preview for season 2 of Fear but decided to break it up into like 60 second intervals in commercial breaks for The Walking Dead. Turned out to be a horrible idea as It made it take forever for the story to get ever get anywhere. I’m not sure I ever even bothered to finish it back then.

I liked those early Walking Dead webisodes. Webisodes were kind of cool imo when done well, but Feels like a thing that died out very quickly.

Flight 462 was so bad. They built it up as this huge preview for season 2 of Fear but decided to break it up into like 60 second intervals in commercial breaks for The Walking Dead. Turned out to be a horrible idea as It made it take forever for the story to get ever get anywhere. I’m not sure I ever even bothered to finish it back then.
Flight 462 wasn't great.  I know it's a zombie show and everyone dies eventually, but the ending is still disappointing.  It must have bled directly into the FTWD episode.

Passage was decent.

I don't really know why I am still watching this show. It's really not even close to good. I miss even the days of Daryl rocket launching a biker gang or the hysterical buddy comedy of Daryl and Carol falling off a bridge in a van. I feel like we jumped the shark that ate the other shark that Fonzie jumped over.

I guess I am in it until it ends. I will probably still fast forward through scenes like I have been doing. I don't need to see Eugene cry in front of Rosita again.
Fwiw, I thought I'd rode it out to the end too, and then found myself forgetting about it on Sundays and then lacking the interest to even watch later. When the interest strikes I check in here, and the remember why I bailed after reading everybody's comments.

I do miss the show, or at least the show when it was good. But Like a junkie, I feel I've finally kicked the habit and you guys in here have been my methadone.

I hear "offshoots", get a little interested again and then remember what a ####show they turned FTWD into. 

I guess what I'm saying is... Stbugs and the rest of you- it may seem like you need to stay with this to the end- but you really don't. Try chewing gum instead.

ETA...I think the last episode I watched may have had the first whisperer appearance.

El Floppo said:
Fwiw, I thought I'd rode it out to the end too, and then found myself forgetting about it on Sundays and then lacking the interest to even watch later. When the interest strikes I check in here, and the remember why I bailed after reading everybody's comments.

I do miss the show, or at least the show when it was good. But Like a junkie, I feel I've finally kicked the habit and you guys in here have been my methadone.

I hear "offshoots", get a little interested again and then remember what a ####show they turned FTWD into. 

I guess what I'm saying is... Stbugs and the rest of you- it may seem like you need to stay with this to the end- but you really don't. Try chewing gum instead.

ETA...I think the last episode I watched may have had the first whisperer appearance.
Don’t worry. I usually watch while working and even FF when it’s characters IDGAF about knowing I’m not going to miss anything important. I hate working late on my time with you some sort of background noise. TWD is almost like a movie I rewatch, knowing that I can barely pay attention to and it doesn’t matter.

I miss the good FTWD too because they missed the opportunity to spend way more time on the initial outbreak but it actually got to where I enjoyed it more than TWD. The mom whacking people left and right to save her kids was great and the dad got sadistic at the hotel again to save his own. Then they did the same stupid stuff and ruined it. I liked it being a bit of a celebrate the do whatever it takes and don’t worry about getting a projector light for a ducking fair attitude until it was gone. Stop making characters soft. Help people sure, but don’t #### around getting killed while doing it.

El Floppo said:

There was exactly 1/8 good episodes this past half season.  When new Negan walked into the Whispers camp and hit them with a bunch of one liners. It was freaking hilarious. I’m guessing there is more of that coming so I’m going to keep watching. 

Having Negan as a good guy likable character makes his persona so much better. I’d go for a spin-off with him going around taking care of bad guys - or have him head out and take out the new group on FTWD after he gets done with the Whisperers. They should have had him as the centerpiece of this season. All in on Negan, that is if you can get over the fact that he bashed Glenn’s and Abe’s heads in. 

These writers have destroyed one of the better characters of the series.. Sure Carol in the past has been frustrating at times ( Leave me alone!!!).. But now she is just outright stupid.. Not sure how they redeem her character at this time as she is the one character I'd have no issue never seeing again.

Otherwise, I thought the episode was well done.. Although I could have done without the Negan/Alpha Dirty naked bodies pressed against each other in the woods :yucky:  

Thought they did a good job of placing Jerry in pearl.. There were a couple of times while watching I thought "They're not going to kill off Jerry, are they?"

Users who are viewing this thread