What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (7 Viewers)

horrible.

so Dale is walking in the middle of a wide open field which is completely dead silent except for the cow groaning and then a walker just happens to be standing there? sorry, that's just dumb.
He was probably trying to figure out how Shane gutted the cow and just didnt notice the walker

For what it's worth Dale's departure may have been tied to Darabont's. There was a gossip blind item a few months back which said one of the series regulars was so upset about Darabont being fired that they asked to be released from their contract. After cooling down a bit the regular reportedly had a change of heart and wanted to stay but by then it may have been too late. Speculation at the time was Jeffrey DeMunn was the likely person given his past working relationship with Darabont.

Anyway, solid episode. Not as gripping as last week but this was all set up to be the moral right/wrong exposition episode so that's understandable.

Looks like we're headed toward one helluva finish.

So I have heard about the Governor from the comic book chat.

Wasn't the Governor a guy who raped a girl in the woods? That is the other group then, right? Based on what Randall said.
not the same situation. very different context in the comic
OK. But with the way the TV show has been diverging from the comic, wouldn't you think that Randall's group is the Governor's group? Is it similar enough?
very well could be, and it seems to be leading that way. if that is the case, i think we have to think the governor is someone new, making it Merle would be too coincidental. and if that is the case, they will really be going out of step with the comic because a lot of different things lead up to it. but at this point we can say they are definitely going away from the comic, so things that happen in the comic really don't mean too much. beside some characters coming, Dale getting it tonight is a big stray from the comic

horrible.

so Dale is walking in the middle of a wide open field which is completely dead silent except for the cow groaning and then a walker just happens to be standing there? sorry, that's just dumb.
He was probably trying to figure out how Shane gutted the cow and just didnt notice the walkerNo dumber than a 12 yo kid walking out in the woods alone during a zombie apocalypse

Dale was cool. I don't know why anyone wished him dead. I can think of at least 6 people is like to see killed before him.

You need that older voice of reason. He was an intellectual. Brought some balance to the group.

Dale was a good character. He brought humility to the group and a sense of civility. Overall, he is right that the prisoner should be kept alive. Why are they going to put themselves into the position of judge and jury?

With that said, the prisoner has to be killed not because of the possibility be might kill one of them but because if he escapes, that could e the end of the whole group. Preservation of the group is more important than one person they just met.

And, Lori is hot.

'The General said:
'mr roboto said:
'The General said:
Holy ####### ####
Can you get infected by getting ripped open?
Who knows, the show seems to take liberties with getting infected or not. Shane and Rick get bled all over repeatedly and don't get infected. You would be dead though I'd think either way in this case.
Why do you say that Shane and Rick aren't infected?

'SacramentoBob said:
'mr roboto said:
'SacramentoBob said:
I'm sure a bunch of people are happy now.
Why?
Because everyone seems to hate Dale.
I can't stand him. I realize that his character is there for a reason. You have to have someone to provide counter-balance next to guys like Shane and Daryl. But enough is enough. Someone posted this on another board:"'Survival of the fittest...that's a world I don't want to live in' Wish granted, you moral [F-word for homosexual]."

'urbanhack said:
horrible.

It still amazes me how cavalier everyone is about the walkers. Sleeping outside, wandering around alone, hooking up in drugstore, not noticing your kid (the kid that almost died already) is off somewhere etc etc.I guess they have to have moments like that to provide plot points but it's pretty silly.

I'm still leaning towards, most or all people have a latent infection. Seems that they are making a point of all human deaths receiving a head shot since the mechanic was turning.

'mr roboto said:
Poll on AMC's website...Kill him 10452 (27%)Drop him somewhere far away 4443 (11%)Keep him as a prisoner 4278 (11%)Let him stay and join the group 19245 (50%)
Where's the option to hold him under water and if he drowns it means he would have brought an army back to rape and kill everyone?

'mr roboto said:
Poll on AMC's website...Kill him 10452 (27%)Drop him somewhere far away 4443 (11%)Keep him as a prisoner 4278 (11%)Let him stay and join the group 19245 (50%)
Where's the option to hold him under water and if he drowns it means he would have brought an army back to rape and kill everyone?
2 ways of seeing this...1 - having just saved that kids life in town all they had to do was befriend him and take him in as one of there own right off the bat,he`s just a lost kid looking for safety and security.Or 2- he seems to have a bit of a sadistic side to him as he was stabbing that woman zombie at the DPW , and when he was shackled in the barn he was telling carl he would take him and his parents back to HIS people and take care of them...i dont trust him I VOTE DEATH :thumbdown:

That was a pretty awful episode. Wish Carl would die, as well. It's a zombie apocolypse, but we're just gonna let you wander off by yourself all the time. Dad's got to shoot the prisoner, so Mom doesn't have any idea where he is? Awful.

And in the preview for next week, the guy escapes. Shocker.
I've come around to the camp that this Farm storyline has gotten tedious. At this point, you have to kill the threat. Just stupid. I hope they all die now. Except Maggie.

A few questions:

1. Since they are concerned about another party why arent they having watches and scouting the road more? Seems like this would be a necessity now?

2. Aside from darryl nobody really questioned the kid that much. About the other group and their location. I know the kid say they moved around a lot but does that mean in that area or keep going south?

3. Shouldnt they be scavenging more than they are? Shouldnt they be prepping and planning more than it shows?

This episode starting awesome, got bogged down in Dales morality pitch and then ended great. Good episode all together. Hopefully now that there was a random walker they will tighten up the farm a bit more. I love Herschells transformation as well.

It's definitely time for this bunch to get themselves organized. Defensively, logistically, govenmentally.

They're down to a dozen adults, not enough of a community to survive, let alone turn things around even a little bit. They should be thinking about ways to attract or join with other groups of survivors. Will it be risky? Sure, some people will always be looking to exploit the situation but there will be plenty of others who will see the inherent of sense of banding together and cooperating.

It's definitely time for this bunch to get themselves organized. Defensively, logistically, govenmentally.They're down to a dozen adults, not enough of a community to survive, let alone turn things around even a little bit. They should be thinking about ways to attract or join with other groups of survivors. Will it be risky? Sure, some people will always be looking to exploit the situation but there will be plenty of others who will see the inherent of sense of banding together and cooperating.
I think it would be way easier to survive as a pair or as a large group then a smaller type situation that they have now. They are hard to mobilize and instruct as it stands now. As a pair you would be light on your feet and not tied down. As one really large group you could be way more organized. Now its just a bunch of people giving their opinions on crap.

'SacramentoBob said:
'mr roboto said:
'SacramentoBob said:
I'm sure a bunch of people are happy now.
Why?
Because everyone seems to hate Dale.
I can't stand him. I realize that his character is there for a reason. You have to have someone to provide counter-balance next to guys like Shane and Daryl. But enough is enough.
:goodposting: He was given every opportunity to argue in favor of his point of view, which was fine (preachy and shrill, but fine). But when he gets outvoted, he needs to let it go and not just keep repeating the same arguments over and over in a huffier tone. That kind of thing is okay in the FFA, but it really doesn't fly in a survival situation. The group is better off without him, just as the FFA is better off without LHUCKS.

It's about time they think about reproducing. Since Lori is preggers we need some sex scenes involving Maggie, Andrea and even the bald chick. Survival of the fittest and the fittest thing to do right now, for the ladies, is bang away. We need to see these scenes.

Also, I noticed in the "debate" scene that there was some black guy standing around with the others. Who is that guy, where did he come from, and why doesn't he say anything? Is he mute?

Dale might have been annoying but he filled an important role in making sure that everyone was aware what a murderous weasel that mother####ing ####### Shane was.

Not really buying the super strength walkers thing. These things can barely move, but they can pin a man down and rip his intestines out with their bare hands? But they can't open bus doors or break windows?

3. Shouldnt they be scavenging more than they are? Shouldnt they be prepping and planning more than it shows?Hopefully now that there was a random walker they will tighten up the farm a bit more.
The farm has made them complacent.
:goodposting: :goodposting: Up until this point the only Walkers were in the barn.. They started feeling "protected" at the farm.. That feeling is gone now, and as was written up a month ago or so in an interview with Rick, it seems it is time to hit the road :drive:

Last edited by a moderator:
'packersfan said:
For what it's worth Dale's departure may have been tied to Darabont's. There was a gossip blind item a few months back which said one of the series regulars was so upset about Darabont being fired that they asked to be released from their contract. After cooling down a bit the regular reportedly had a change of heart and wanted to stay but by then it may have been too late. Speculation at the time was Jeffrey DeMunn was the likely person given his past working relationship with Darabont. Anyway, solid episode. Not as gripping as last week but this was all set up to be the moral right/wrong exposition episode so that's understandable. Looks like we're headed toward one helluva finish.
The actor, Jeff DeMunn, wanted off the show. He's Darabont's number #1 actor to use in anything he ever does. Been in every single Darabont movie and show. Shawshank, he was the lawyer. Green Mile, prison guard. The Mist, customer in store. Whenever I read a Stephen King book I always insert this guy as one of the characters cause you know if Darabont makes the movie, he'll be in it.

Last scene would have been much more powerful if it had been Shane that walked up and put Dale out of his misery.

'packersfan said:
For what it's worth Dale's departure may have been tied to Darabont's. There was a gossip blind item a few months back which said one of the series regulars was so upset about Darabont being fired that they asked to be released from their contract. After cooling down a bit the regular reportedly had a change of heart and wanted to stay but by then it may have been too late. Speculation at the time was Jeffrey DeMunn was the likely person given his past working relationship with Darabont. Anyway, solid episode. Not as gripping as last week but this was all set up to be the moral right/wrong exposition episode so that's understandable. Looks like we're headed toward one helluva finish.
The actor, Jeff DeMunn, wanted off the show. He's Darabont's number #1 actor to use in anything he ever does. Been in every single Darabont movie and show. Shawshank, he was the lawyer. Green Mile, prison guard. The Mist, customer in store. Whenever I read a Stephen King book I always insert this guy as one of the characters cause you know if Darabont makes the movie, he'll be in it.
So he was overly moralistic IRL too. Seems like a good casting.

'SoCalBroncoFan said:
Anybody see the spoiler that was accidentally released?

Shane is going to die soon. Confirmed on the AMC website.
I found shots online of him in zombie makeup. Don't know if it was a fan pic or the real deal, but it looked pretty real to me.

Dale might have been annoying but he filled an important role in making sure that everyone was aware what a murderous weasel that mother####ing ####### Shane was.
Everybody seems to know this already. Dale was just the guy who wouldn't shut up about it.
That's not good enough for me. I want somebody around giving Shane the Evil Eyeball all the time. You can't let an ####### like that get comfortable.

'urbanhack said:
horrible.

It still amazes me how cavalier everyone is about the walkers. Sleeping outside, wandering around alone, hooking up in drugstore, not noticing your kid (the kid that almost died already) is off somewhere etc etc.I guess they have to have moments like that to provide plot points but it's pretty silly. :goodposting: The fact that Carl can just wander off by himself is ridiculus for the group to allow after what happened to Sophia, but so unrealistic for his mother to allow after Carl almost died when he was shot. Even if they felt safe at the farm, they should have at least some sort of buddy system, where no one goes anywhere alone or unarmed.

Also, I noticed in the "debate" scene that there was some black guy standing around with the others. Who is that guy, where did he come from, and why doesn't he say anything? Is he mute?
Star Trek 'red shirt'. They are useful when going out on expeditions. No need to give them a name as they won't be around long. I saw a couple other 'red shirts' in that meeting as well.

'urbanhack said:
horrible.

It still amazes me how cavalier everyone is about the walkers. Sleeping outside, wandering around alone, hooking up in drugstore, not noticing your kid (the kid that almost died already) is off somewhere etc etc.I guess they have to have moments like that to provide plot points but it's pretty silly.
:goodposting: The fact that Carl can just wander off by himself is ridiculus for the group to allow after what happened to Sophia, but so unrealistic for his mother to allow after Carl almost died when he was shot. Even if they felt safe at the farm, they should have at least some sort of buddy system, where no one goes anywhere alone or unarmed.That was the biggest part of my problems with last night's episode. Carl just all around needs to be smacked. And his mother, too. Instead of trying to turn it into a soap opera, she should be parenting.

'urbanhack said:
horrible.

:goodposting: The fact that Carl can just wander off by himself is ridiculus for the group to allow after what happened to Sophia, but so unrealistic for his mother to allow after Carl almost died when he was shot. Even if they felt safe at the farm, they should have at least some sort of buddy system, where no one goes anywhere alone or unarmed.No one should be going anywhere alone. That's just stupid.

'flapgreen said:
'BustedKnuckles said:
is it just me or was that cow still alive after being half eaten? zombie cow ?
Appeared so.
One of the writers or directors said on the first episode of Talking Dead that there will be no zombie animals.
:kicksrock:
Or 2- he seems to have a bit of a sadistic side to him as he was stabbing that woman zombie at the DPW , and when he was shackled in the barn he was telling carl he would take him and his parents back to HIS people and take care of them...i dont trust him
This, dude has alterior motives similar to Ben Linus allowing himself to be captured on LOST and playing stupid while he was beat to a bloody pulp.Shoulda hung him, remember sound attracts these things? Why fire off the .44 mag if you don't need to?

'flapgreen said:
'BustedKnuckles said:
is it just me or was that cow still alive after being half eaten? zombie cow ?
Appeared so.
One of the writers or directors said on the first episode of Talking Dead that there will be no zombie animals.
:kicksrock:
Or 2- he seems to have a bit of a sadistic side to him as he was stabbing that woman zombie at the DPW , and when he was shackled in the barn he was telling carl he would take him and his parents back to HIS people and take care of them...i dont trust him
This, dude has alterior motives similar to Ben Linus allowing himself to be captured on LOST and playing stupid while he was beat to a bloody pulp.Shoulda hung him, remember sound attracts these things? Why fire off the .44 mag if you don't need to?
If Randall = Ben, does Daryl = Sayid?now that I think of it:Rick = JackLori = KateShane = SawyerOr maybe I just wish Lost was still on...

Users who are viewing this thread