What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (13 Viewers)

Just watched Talking Dead and season 3 looks to be pretty cool. Also, and I may have said it before, but Chris Hardwick is really a great host for the show. His enthusiasm really shows and he even threw out a GOT references with a zombie Lanister always pays his debts.

Man, I am zombied out. I have spent ALL day catching up. I'm currently watching the third episode of season 2 (episode 9 of 19) and I need just one thing answered which I'm unclear on. Please don't spoil anything I haven't seen yet in your answer.

What I want to know is, does every person who dies eventually become a "walker?"

I know the doctor at the CDC said it the transformation to zombie can happen in just a few minutes, or it could take up to 8 hours. But when Rick left the hospital in the series premiere, there were bodies on the ground everywhere covered in sheets. Why weren't they walkers? And the dead guy in the car on the highway who Carl took the knives off of... why wasn't he with the zombie herd walking the highway?

Etc.

Thanks.
yeah, that's answered later, but the army had been at that hospital you mentioned, so all those bodies under the sheets might've been shot in the head.
Also...
While Rick was told by the CDC guy that everyone he was with was infected, the infection had to spread and happen over time. If everyone was infected before the first wave, then the dead would have been rising way before then. So, the guy in the truck and people in the hospital and people everywhere could have died before they were infected. Nothing we have seen showed dead rising from the graves, just people who were infected coming alive after death. With the guy in the truck as the main example, people can die before being infected and not come back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the end of season 2

"We're all infected," Rick says solemnly. "At the CDC, Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it."

Is this "we all", just the little group or is it "we all" as in everyone?

Now that's the way to catch up on a series. :banned:

19 episodes in about 15 hours, blowing through the commercials. It was also fun reading Sepinwall's reviews after each episode. Not the best show I've ever seen, but definitely good enough that I'm looking forward to more.

One thing I don't get is why they keep T-Dog around. All the guy does is watch the perimeter (24 style) and is barely allowed to speak.

Now that's the way to catch up on a series. :banned:

19 episodes in about 15 hours, blowing through the commercials. It was also fun reading Sepinwall's reviews after each episode. Not the best show I've ever seen, but definitely good enough that I'm looking forward to more.

One thing I don't get is why they keep T-Dog around. All the guy does is watch the perimeter (24 style) and is barely allowed to speak.
Thats Token -T

I think I hated Dale even more the second time than I did the first time. I didn't know one character could be that sanctimonious.

'IvanKaramazov said:
I think I hated Dale even more the second time than I did the first time. I didn't know one character could be that sanctimonious.
He seemed like "the cool older guy" at first when he was standing (sitting) guard on top of the RV.But by the time his guts were ripped out, I was giddy.

'NewlyRetired said:

"We're all infected," Rick says solemnly. "At the CDC, Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it."Is this "we all", just the little group or is it "we all" as in everyone?
Everyone

I need to know something for the future.

What is the cutoff for spoiler tags? Like, do we need to be a full season ahead?

'NewlyRetired said:

"We're all infected," Rick says solemnly. "At the CDC, Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it."Is this "we all", just the little group or is it "we all" as in everyone?
Everyone
yeah, the cdc guy said there were no surprises with their bloodwork -- pretty sure at least most people are infected.

I need to know something for the future. What is the cutoff for spoiler tags? Like, do we need to be a full season ahead?
My philosophy on this is that after an episode airs, it's fair game for discussion. If somebody hasn't seen the most recent episode, they shouldn't be wading through a thread devoted to the series. All tv threads should follow that rule IMO.Events from the comics that haven't come up in the show yet, like when Laurie kills Rick and takes command of the group, should go in spoiler tags though.

After this weekend's marathon, I finally went ahead and ordered the first compendium from Amazon. I've never read a comic book ever, and I'm looking forward to working my way through this one. The weird thing is that I'm a little worried about whether reading the comic is going to ruin the tv series for me, even thought I know that the AMC version has apparently gone quite a bit differently than the comic.

I need to know something for the future. What is the cutoff for spoiler tags? Like, do we need to be a full season ahead?
My philosophy on this is that after an episode airs, it's fair game for discussion. If somebody hasn't seen the most recent episode, they shouldn't be wading through a thread devoted to the series. All tv threads should follow that rule IMO.Events from the comics that haven't come up in the show yet, like when Laurie kills Rick and takes command of the group, should go in spoiler tags though.
lolzI'd like to think you could leave this up to common sense or courtesy, but that's probably pointless.if it's a new ep you probably shouldn't rush in here posting the big reveal ending, or whatever.give it at least a week, and maybe err on the side of vague allusions.

lolzI'd like to think you could leave this up to common sense or courtesy, but that's probably pointless.if it's a new ep you probably shouldn't rush in here posting the big reveal ending, or whatever.give it at least a week, and maybe err on the side of vague allusions.
WTF? The show's been aired and we can't discuss it?????????????????????????

In fairness, these sorts of threads are generally inhabited by people who like to discuss the episode they just watched, and spoiler tags are cumbersome as hell for that. IMO, people have fair warning when they open a thread like this to expect free discussion of anything that's aired already. But I find that I still tend to use spoiler tags when discussing "last night's episode" anyway, so maybe my gut is right and my reasoning is wrong. Really though, people who don't want an episode spoiled should stay out. I haven't read the thread about the comic series, and if I opened it up I don't think I'd have any right to complain about having season 3 spoiled.

People in TV show threads often discuss stuff as it happens.

Since I'm on the west coast, if a show will be on at 9 pm Pacific, I know that I will have to stay out of the thread from 6 pm on to avoid spoilers.

People in TV show threads often discuss stuff as it happens.Since I'm on the west coast, if a show will be on at 9 pm Pacific, I know that I will have to stay out of the thread from 6 pm on to avoid spoilers.
:grad: this...anything after it airs on the west coast is open for discussion.
:lmao: :lmao: he just said 6p, but you say 10p.you can actually discuss an ep without spoiling the #### out of it.but all this is a pointless discussion, if there are any rules at all it's certainly not my jurisdiction.I agree with roboto (who agreed with me)

If a person has not seen the newest episode, why would they come into a thread expecting to not see anything posted about said episode? It's that persons fault if they venture into a thread after the show has aired. Spoiler tags are not needed at that time.

I have read here that some people want others to use discretion about talking about the newest episode. How about those same people, who have not seen the episode, use their discretion and not go into a thread discussing the show?

If a person has not seen the newest episode, why would they come into a thread expecting to not see anything posted about said episode? It's that persons fault if they venture into a thread after the show has aired. Spoiler tags are not needed at that time.I have read here that some people want others to use discretion about talking about the newest episode. How about those same people, who have not seen the episode, use their discretion and not go into a thread discussing the show?
how about you worry about your own behavior and not everybody else's?

In fairness, these sorts of threads are generally inhabited by people who like to discuss the episode they just watched, and spoiler tags are cumbersome as hell for that. IMO, people have fair warning when they open a thread like this to expect free discussion of anything that's aired already. But I find that I still tend to use spoiler tags when discussing "last night's episode" anyway, so maybe my gut is right and my reasoning is wrong. Really though, people who don't want an episode spoiled should stay out. I haven't read the thread about the comic series, and if I opened it up I don't think I'd have any right to complain about having season 3 spoiled.
So for the future, can we refrain from throwing out the old
Events from the comics that haven't come up in the show yet, like when Laurie kills Rick and takes command of the group, should go in spoiler tags though.
in the thread? That hasn't happened in the show yet. :unsure: TIA

If a person has not seen the newest episode, why would they come into a thread expecting to not see anything posted about said episode? It's that persons fault if they venture into a thread after the show has aired. Spoiler tags are not needed at that time.I have read here that some people want others to use discretion about talking about the newest episode. How about those same people, who have not seen the episode, use their discretion and not go into a thread discussing the show?
Aren't you worrying about my behavior? If the show is airing or has aired, I'm not posting with spoiler tags. That defeats the purpose of a spoiler tag. I'm not worried about what you do however it is pretty selfish of you to "impose" spoiler tag rules on posters after the show has aired.

If a person has not seen the newest episode, why would they come into a thread expecting to not see anything posted about said episode? It's that persons fault if they venture into a thread after the show has aired. Spoiler tags are not needed at that time.

I have read here that some people want others to use discretion about talking about the newest episode. How about those same people, who have not seen the episode, use their discretion and not go into a thread discussing the show?
The bolded. Anything that has been aired is fair game, IMO. Spoiler the comic book stuff and anything you get from Talking Dead (I think mild as those spoilers are, they are still spoilers for those that only watch the show itself.) If you want to be courteous to those on the West Coast, you can wait till 1am EST to post any spoilers, I suppose.

Once it's aired, it's fair game. That's the rule here. There's nothing "commone sense" about what you are proposing.

After this weekend's marathon, I finally went ahead and ordered the first compendium from Amazon. I've never read a comic book ever, and I'm looking forward to working my way through this one. The weird thing is that I'm a little worried about whether reading the comic is going to ruin the tv series for me, even thought I know that the AMC version has apparently gone quite a bit differently than the comic.
The Compendium is only the first 48 issues. But it will contain what should be the majority of the next season or two on tv. The comic series is now up to 99 issues. In case you are interested, we have a thread here which has every issue online that can be safely downloaded if you have a tablet to view it on.

So for the future, can we refrain from throwing out the old
Events from the comics that haven't come up in the show yet, like when Laurie kills Rick and takes command of the group, should go in spoiler tags though.
in the thread? That hasn't happened in the show yet. :unsure: TIA

Pretty sure that was a joke. If you noticed above, he just ordered the comics and hasn't ever read them.Shuke is correct above, once a show aired, it was fair game to discuss. That has been the same spoiler rule in all TV threads. Spoilers were for tidbits of information that are not general knowledge, such as some of the web sites that were dedicated to spoilers for future episodes (Lost had a bunch based on people who somehow had inside knowledge). Heck, in the Lost threads we even had discussions going on during the show after certain scenes.

Aren't you worrying about my behavior?
not according to my posts.maybe according to your imagination.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

:goodposting: It's pretty easy.. If you haven't watched the latest episode stay the :censored: out of a thread that is discussing the show.. Seems like common sense to me :shrug:

:lmao:
I'd like to think you could leave this up to common sense or courtesy, but that's probably pointless.

if it's a new ep you probably shouldn't rush in here posting the big reveal ending, or whatever.

give it at least a week, and maybe err on the side of vague allusions.

Aren't you worrying about my behavior?
not according to my posts.maybe according to your imagination.
ORLY?
I'd like to think you could leave this up to common sense or courtesy, but that's probably pointless.

if it's a new ep you probably shouldn't rush in here posting the big reveal ending, or whatever.

ya rly

no offense if you're not a native english language speaker, but in this language we have a fairly common usage of the impersonal 'you'.

Sometimes, “you” does not refer to any one person or any one group of people. Instead, it refers to anyone or everyone. In these cases, “you” has the same meaning as “people”:

the more you know.......

I have a couple other posts I notice you didn't quote, though.

The Compendium is only the first 48 issues. But it will contain what should be the majority of the next season or two on tv. The comic series is now up to 99 issues. In case you are interested, we have a thread here which has every issue online that can be safely downloaded if you have a tablet to view it on.
Thanks. I'm and old fogey who still likes handling physical books, but I appreciate the heads-up.

ya rly

no offense if you're not a native english language speaker, but in this language we have a fairly common usage of the impersonal 'you'.

Sometimes, “you” does not refer to any one person or any one group of people. Instead, it refers to anyone or everyone. In these cases, “you” has the same meaning as “people”:

the more you know.......

Let it go, man.

ya rly

the more you know.......

:lol:

and then you go and tell all of us how we should post in this thread:

lolz

:potkettle:

ya rly

the more you know.......

:lmao: You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? You told Mario Kart not to worry about everybody else. Then you explained how you were using the impersonal "you" to refer to "anyone and everyone."

'Raider Nation said:
I read no posts in here until I was all caught up. Silly of me to expect people who have seen it to not talk about it. :shrug:
I see everything the day after it airs. I just stay out of the thread until I have watched. It isn't that hard.

'IvanKaramazov said:
'NewlyRetired said:
Thanks. I'm and old fogey who still likes handling physical books, but I appreciate the heads-up.
Cool. Be forewarned. I had that book. It weighs a ton :)

I bought my first comic in ... well, I can't remember the last time I actually bought a comic, just never had that bug. Always bought books instead. But I wanted to grab issue #100 of TWD, which came out Wed.

Users who are viewing this thread