What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

Agreed.  But they also wouldn't put up with his crap should AB sign with them, right? 
NE / BB will simply tell him here is our offer and our terms, take it or leave it (complete with ways for them  to get out from under the contract). No negotiating. They probably won't even let AB talk at all or make a counter offer. They CERTAINLY would not entertain a list of demands. At that point they would just say never mind.

You keep saying 30 million but that was yanked, he was only going to make his week to week money.
That's what is being reported, but that isn't really how things work. Anyone on an NFL contract at the close of business today has their 2019 salary fully guaranteed. So sure, he would get his weekly game check, but no matter what happened, he would be getting 17 weekly paychecks, even if they ended up cutting him. OAK couldn't decide after two games they weren't going to pay him. They could have tried the conduct detrimental to the team stuff and suspend him for 4 games. Whether he would be entitled to be paid in those 4 games would turn into a players association grievance case. But he was going to see his 2019 money.

nothing magical..it's a culture and players realize the crap they pulled on other teams will not be tolerated. Not just by the coach, but by the other players..that is the key.

:lmao:  ok, Aaron henrnandez didn’t go kill someone and Josh Gordon has gotten off drugs 
How dare you disparage the do no wrong Patriots.  Shame on you, lol. So sick of hearing the same regurgitated Patriots crap.

Can somebody explain to me what exactly he wanted from the Raiders? I don't think that is very clear. Why was he doing everything he could to sabotage this relationship?

So he ##$#ed away $30mil from a team that supported him unconditionally, for the opportunity to risk his health, career and financial future for a one year prove it contract. And that's if he's lucky.

Judging by his decision making that we have seen, even if he signs for $100mil he's going to be bankrupt within five years of retirement.

Can somebody explain to me what exactly he wanted from the Raiders? I don't think that is very clear. Why was he doing everything he could to sabotage this relationship?
My best guess is that when he was on the Steelers, they let him get away with bad teammate behavior . . . late to meetings, not showing up to things, and basically being a diva. It sounds like he could do whatever and rarely if ever got fined.

On Oakland, they didn't go for his shenanigans and fined him for the things that went against team and league rules. That set him off and sparked even more inappropriate behavior. AB apologized and thought that would result in his fines being waived, but instead the team fined him more money and took away his bonus money.

Why was Julio's new contract almost fully guaranteed, but not AB's.
I guess the Falcons knew Julio outperformed and has been greatly underpaid compared to other WRs.  The Falcons stepped up and rewarded Julio.  The big guarantee $$$ in this contract, to me, is paying Julio for past performance also

I want to know more about this "emotional apology" that AB supposedly did about 12 hours ago that Gruden thought was so convincing.  The same apology he backed off about 6 hours later.   

My best guess is that when he was on the Steelers, they let him get away with bad teammate behavior . . . late to meetings, not showing up to things, and basically being a diva. It sounds like he could do whatever and rarely if ever got fined.

On Oakland, they didn't go for his shenanigans and fined him for the things that went against team and league rules. That set him off and sparked even more inappropriate behavior. AB apologized and thought that would result in his fines being waived, but instead the team fined him more money and took away his bonus money.
Thanks. That makes sense. It's too bad that someone this talented can't just shut up and play football and collect his millions and live a life 99% of us just dream about, without all the prima donna stuff.

Let’s go mile high perspective here. 

I don’t know what anyone here does for a living. I make hot sauce. It is what it is. I don’t make a lot of $ but I love what I do. 

Whatever your job, no matter how much you love or hate it, would you continue to do it with your head down & mouth shut for a month to get $30M? How about a week? 

I dunno about yous guys, but I’d straight up suck a D a day for a week for $30M

$30M buys a lot of mouthwash is all I’m sayin.  :shrug:

and I don’t think it matters how much $ you’ve got. You still want to make another $30M 

all of this points to serious mental illness for AB. He’s out of control. I don’t think playing football is in his best interests right now. 
I think my answer to that question would change quite a bit if I had already made $70 million

What makes you think he wanted anything. He was just being himself.
Very likely. They traded for him and gave him the big deal. He felt like he was a prized asset for the team and expected superstar treatment. He is a guy who has gotten by in life with a me vs the world mentality, always having to beat the odds and prove himself so he clearly has a huge chip on his shoulder. When the Raiders didn't treat him the way he felt he should be treated, he got real pissed off, lashed out and wanted to show that he values himself more than he values the Raiders or his job, etc. 

I don't see how DC isn't a VERY likely destination. No true #1 WR, Dan Snyder wants any kind of attention he can get, and they have a track record of this- remember when D-Jax was cut and speculation about possible gang activity, well that didn't scare the Redskins at all, they immediately signed him...same with Josh Norman when he was cut. I think he lands in DC at 4:01pm. 

I don't see how DC isn't a VERY likely destination. No true #1 WR, Dan Snyder wants any kind of attention he can get, and they have a track record of this- remember when D-Jax was cut and speculation about possible gang activity, well that didn't scare the Redskins at all, they immediately signed him...same with Josh Norman when he was cut. I think he lands in DC at 4:01pm. 
AP... after he whipped his 2 year old in the groin with a stick. 

Reuben Foster... Fresh off being cut for domestic abuse allegations.  They unabashedly claimed him off waivers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just know after this, I will never watch Hard Knocks again, all the interesting stuff is cut out by the team and we only get the fluff.   Even though this latest crap with AB came after the show ended, there had to be a whole lot that wasn't shown this season on Hard Knocks.

Snyder would be absolutely fine with it because he's not the one who has to deal with the daily petulance. His coach does. If coach can't reel AB in, he'll just fire him and find a new one. Snyder logic...

This is the best landing spot for us FF nerds. Won't hurt any of our wide receivers value.

They only have $4 million in cap space.

This was on page 77 at the start of today...now page 89 with no end in sight.

BTW, just got a trade offer (dynasty PPR) involving Brown.  I would sent Todd Gurley for Brown and a 2020 1st.

:doh:

Having already made $70 million, I would have no problem at any point walking off my job if I wasn't happy with how it was going. I taught with a guy who had 40+ years of experience. He had a pension and a very large personal savings but he still liked teaching. However, he told me that it was such a weight off his shoulders knowing he could retire whenever he wanted. He said if at any point the district administration made him do something he didn't want to do he would just immediately retire. That freedom  and power has to feel good. 

Potential landing spots after 4PM today:

Seattle

Dallas

Washington

New England

KC

And he is still a lunatic but some team will absolutely sign him. 

Don't count out Cincinatti.  They also have a very high tolerance for off the field issues players.  Not sure about the new regime, but the owner meddles...

Potential landing spots after 4PM today:

Seattle

Dallas

Washington

New England

KC

And he is still a lunatic but some team will absolutely sign him. 
Absolutely, because at the end of the day, teams want to win. He is one of the best WRs in the game even though he's bat chit crazy. Now if a team is already a contender, no reason to risk poisoning your winning culture, but if you're desperate to climb out of mediocrity or suckville, you absolutely take the chance. That's why I think NE and KC won't touch him, but Snyder, Jerry Jones, and Pete Carroll...game on. 

Users who are viewing this thread