Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antonio Brown - Official Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

( •_•)     Seems like Antonio Brown got...       ( •_•)>⌐■-■         (⌐■_■) ...cold feet

He probably got Cold Feet 

I have no love lost for the Raiders as a Bronco fan, but I feel this type of situation needs to be addressed by the NFL. The Raiders did the "right thing" here and in the end, they pay for it by one o

3 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

? There have been multiple articles about Jimmy blasting country music in the locker room and how his teammates don't like it or think it is weird.

I see. because hes an nba player hes supposed to like a certain kind of music. that is in no way stereotyping. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

AB was told he was not receiving any of his signing bonus money. He would have gotten his 2019 salary guaranteed at 4:00, but his nearly $30 million in bonus money was yanked by the team. 

We know this.  What' he's saying is that why couldn't he have kept it together and not acted up at all until after week 1?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KCitons said:

This is where I think we take a step back. AB couldn't control himself. Even if he wanted to. 

Football should be the last thing on his to do list. Guy needs help. 

Yep. And you can buy a lot of help with $30M

i think the bipolar thing has legs. I’m familiar with it from a personal relationship & a manic episode is no joke.

the last week feels like a very massive manic episode.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Dan said:

I see. because hes an nba player hes supposed to like a certain kind of music. that is in no way stereotyping. 

 

 Yes, all NBA players like ZAMFIR, master of the pan flute.  Country music shouldn't ever be allowed in the locker rooms, it might drown out the flute.

 I'm sick of the stereotypes in here.......lets at least get our facts straight. 

 

 TZM     

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

People are crazy if they think NE wouldn’t want him. The issue will be it’s unlikely AB will want NE. They will offer him a one year deal for half what he was making and not put up with his drama. Brown will think he can get a Julio Jones deal. But the Patriots would take him at a huge discount on a short term deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, oswizzle said:

Playing for Oakland must be that horrible.... AB never wanted to be a Raider... He got himself cut on purpose... Its like in the NBA when Jimmy Butler called out the T-Wolves and ended up going to a team he wanted to be on.... AB knows some other team is waiting to sign/pay him the min he is eligible at 4pm today

 

Collusion going on 

Really reaching now aren't we.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

We know this.  What' he's saying is that why couldn't he have kept it together and not acted up at all until after week 1?

I guess the timeline was unclear in the post I quoted. Was it intended to mean AB needed to pipe down since March? July? Last week? The past 48 hours? I inferred it to mean since the team apology and the team saying he would play Week 1.

Edited by Anarchy99
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

 

 Yes, all NBA players like ZAMFIR, master of the pan flute.  Country music shouldn't ever be allowed in the locker rooms, it might drown out the flute.

 I'm sick of the stereotypes in here.......lets at least get our facts straight. 

 

 TZM     

Don’t be talking shiz about my boy Zamfir! 

I feel attacked by this post. Why must you marginalize me for your little jokes?  :cry: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I see. because hes an nba player hes supposed to like a certain kind of music. that is in no way stereotyping. 

It's a really weird thing to have focused on dude. I can see why you get into so many pointless slap fights here in the shark pool. Have a nice season on my ignore list, guy.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yep. And you can buy a lot of help with $30M

i think the bipolar thing has legs. I’m familiar with it from a personal relationship & a manic episode is no joke.

the last week feels like a very massive manic episode.

Sure. Which is why I said him keeping it together wasn't up to him. I don't know that we should blame AB for not being able to control a mental issue. 

Either way, he's made a ton of money over the last decade. If he can't buy help with what he has, I'm not sure how someone making minimum wage is going to have any chance in the same situation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

I guess the timeline was unclear in the post I quoted. Was it intended to mean AB needed to pipe down since March? July? Last week? The past 48 hours? I inferred it to me since the team apology and the team saying he would play Week 1.

My understanding is they let him apologize and said he could play Monday and then informed him his 30 million bonus was void.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as he would help the Saints, I can't imagine in my wildest dreams they'd bring him into their locker room.

Well, except for that game last year where he had something like 600 catches for 20,000 yards in the Superdome

Talent-wise, I can't think of a better fit for that offense, but Coach P is a get-in-your-face type.... I can't see that ending in hugs

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Seriously Oakland?

Seriously? How is this Oakland's fault whatsoever? The team was 5000% patient and said all the right supporting things through the feet issue, the helmet issue, and even capitulated when he threatened Mayock.

This is all on AB. I have never seen this level of complete self-destruction by a player. It's clear with this behavior he doesn't want to be a Raider or in the NFL, and ever team/FO has it's breaking point.

11 minutes ago, Maximus* said:

I believe Jets have the cap space to fit AB in. Would I want him? As much of a drama queen as he is, I think I would give this a shot. 

This was completely the mentality the Steelers and the Raiders had. What makes you think AB all of the sudden becomes the model player with another team?

9 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

All he had to do is make it to week 1 and the 30M was his.  He could then act up all he wants and still have the money.  This shows how stupid he is.  I don't think I've ever read about anyone being this stupid.  

100%. This is truly the most deranged part, making me think there may honestly be something mentally wrong with AB that he can't move past impulsive emotion to rational decision, or that he simply wants out of the NFL. 

Really sad at the waste of a season that could have been.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kleck said:

Whatever he drives, he makes it cool.  

Driving down the road with the window down singing, "You've got to, kiss an angel good morning,  and let her know you think about her when you're gone. Kiss an angel good morning and love her like the devil when you get back home".

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:
16 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

True, but if he was smart, which he isn't, all he had to do was keep it together to week 1 and have his 30M.  How can anyone be that dumb?  Especially because that was the reason he wanted out of Pittsburgh, or was it really?

24 hours. He needed 24 hours. 

He couldn’t keep it together for 24 hours for $30M. 

It amazing. 

I think technically he was only guaranteed $15 million for being on the Week 1 roster. The other $15 million is for 2020 which would have required him to either be on the roster for Week 1 of 2020, or get cut for performance/injury reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I tip my hat to the Steelers. How they put up with him and how they kept his behavior under wraps for this long is a monumental achievement. 

first phone call Mayock makes after releasing Brown is to PIT: "JFC how did you guys do it?!?!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anarchy99 said:

I tip my hat to the Steelers. How they put up with him and how they kept his behavior under wraps for this long is a monumental achievement. 

That’s what makes this so bizarre. He seemed more like a typical diva/attention-seeking star WR in Pittsburgh but seemingly all of a sudden he’s sort of gone crazy over the past year or so. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3nOut said:

Although his behavior has been erratic, I honestly don't think it's a mental issue. I just think it's ourego. He is the prima donna of all prima donna's.

I subscribe to this line of thinking. unless the bipolar thing is real. but if that was real then why would it be quiet until now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

People are crazy if they think NE wouldn’t want him. The issue will be it’s unlikely AB will want NE. They will offer him a one year deal for half what he was making and not put up with his drama. Brown will think he can get a Julio Jones deal. But the Patriots would take him at a huge discount on a short term deal.

Agreed.  But they also wouldn't put up with his crap should AB sign with them, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steeler said:

Agreed.  But they also wouldn't put up with his crap should AB sign with them, right? 

According to some, wearing a magical Pats helmet prevents you from doing any of that crap. That or Bill is a Jedi

Edited by Dr. Dan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

According to some, wearing a magical Pats helmet prevents you from doing any of that crap. That or Bill is a Jedi

 nothing magical..it's a culture and players realize the crap they pulled on other teams will not be tolerated. Not just by the coach, but by the other players..that is the key.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theplayer11 said:

 nothing magical..it's a culture and players realize the crap they pulled on other teams will not be tolerated. Not just by the coach, but by the other players..that is the key.

Seems AB is not likely to suddenly transform into a team player for a team friendly contract, even in NE

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, theplayer11 said:

 nothing magical..it's a culture and players realize the crap they pulled on other teams will not be tolerated. Not just by the coach, but by the other players..that is the key.

:shrug: seems to me the raiders didnt tolerate it

players didnt either. they told mayock they support whatever he does 

Edited by Dr. Dan
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Let’s go mile high perspective here. 

I don’t know what anyone here does for a living. I make hot sauce. It is what it is. I don’t make a lot of $ but I love what I do. 

Whatever your job, no matter how much you love or hate it, would you continue to do it with your head down & mouth shut for a month to get $30M? How about a week? 

I dunno about yous guys, but I’d straight up suck a D a day for a week for $30M

$30M buys a lot of mouthwash is all I’m sayin. :shrug:

and I don’t think it matters how much $ you’ve got. You still want to make another $30M 

all of this points to serious mental illness for AB. He’s out of control. I don’t think playing football is in his best interests right now. 

You keep saying 30 million but that was yanked, he was only going to make his week to week money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CGRdrJoe said:

You keep saying 30 million but that was yanked, he was only going to make his week to week money.

No, original amount. If he kept it together this week. The $ was yanked because of his antics over the last week. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CGRdrJoe said:

You keep saying 30 million but that was yanked, he was only going to make his week to week money.

reading that OP, it looks like he meant to say if he had just behaved all preseason hed have had 30 million. not sure if that's true but I think its what he meant 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theplayer11 said:

 nothing magical..it's a culture and players realize the crap they pulled on other teams will not be tolerated. Not just by the coach, but by the other players..that is the key.

:lmao: ok, Aaron henrnandez didn’t go kill someone and Josh Gordon has gotten off drugs 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I think technically he was only guaranteed $15 million for being on the Week 1 roster. The other $15 million is for 2020 which would have required him to either be on the roster for Week 1 of 2020, or get cut for performance/injury reasons.

That’s still quite a bit of $ to piss away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...