What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tony Moeaki Week 8 (1 Viewer)

OU#1

Footballguy
Prelims rankings has him TE4 in PPR and TE6 in non-PPR for week 8.

Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me....Fool me the third time???

Sorry I won't be starting this guy anytime soon. I think FBGs needs to jump off this bandwagon at this point. The HOU matchup was his best yet, and he should of roasted JAX too. It's the Dwayne Bowe show now IMHO.

Bye week filler at best unless his targets go up. Three targets in week 7. Three targets in week 6. He's #22 out of all TEs in total targets year to date (granted he had his bye week) with 29 total targets. That's 4.83 targets per game folks. Yet FBGs is giving him 5 receptions (again) this week?

In fact his targets are terrible besides week 2:

Week 1: 4 Targets for 3/21/1

Week 2: 10 Targets for 5/58/0

Week 3: 5 Targets for 4/44/1

Week 5: 4 Targets for 4/50/0

Week 6: 3 Targets for 2/21/0

Week 7: 3 Targets for 3/42/0

At least his target conversion percentage is decent @ 72.4%, but you can't catch balls unless you get targets. Lastly he's borderline garbage unless he gets a TD. Definately not Top 5 TE or even Top 10 for that matter.

Disclaimer: Hopefully this post motivates him cause I need him in week 10!

You are nuts!!! Loco Crazy

He's facing Buffalo, and all TE's facing Buffalo are gold.

Last week Todd Heap was in ahead of Z. Miller. 2 TD's got me the narrowest of wins.

If I could trade for Moeaki, I'd offer top dollar about now.

You need to reconsider.

You are nuts!!! Loco CrazyHe's facing Buffalo, and all TE's facing Buffalo are gold.Last week Todd Heap was in ahead of Z. Miller. 2 TD's got me the narrowest of wins.If I could trade for Moeaki, I'd offer top dollar about now.You need to reconsider.
In Week 6 FBGs had him at TE2ish because he was facing the HOU D who at that point had given up the most fantasy points to TEs in the league. He finished with 2/21/0. I'm all about playing the matchups but the bottom line is he's gotta get the targets to produce and it just isn't happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are nuts!!! Loco CrazyHe's facing Buffalo, and all TE's facing Buffalo are gold.Last week Todd Heap was in ahead of Z. Miller. 2 TD's got me the narrowest of wins.If I could trade for Moeaki, I'd offer top dollar about now.You need to reconsider.
In Week 5 FBGs had him at TE2ish because he was facing the HOU D who at that point had given up the most fantasy points to TEs in the league. I'm all about playing the matchups but the bottom line is he's gotta get the targets to produce and it just isn't happening.
You think Houston is bad, and they are...but WR's are gold against them. Go back and do a week by week sort off all Buffalo games and compile the stats of the starting TE's. They are far and away the most likely to make a TE go OFF.Start Moeaki with confidence. I'd start him over my Z. Miller for reference.

You think Houston is bad, and they are...but WR's are gold against them. Go back and do a week by week sort off all Buffalo games and compile the stats of the starting TE's. They are far and away the most likely to make a TE go OFF.

Start Moeaki with confidence. I'd start him over my Z. Miller for reference.
Team FPA High LowBuffalo 14.00 19 4

Houston 11.00 18 4

Arizona 9.00 26 0

New England 8.67 17 2

San Diego 8.43 13 3

Philadelphia 8.43 16 0

Oakland 8.43 17 0

Kansas City 8.00 16 2

New Orleans 7.71 17 1

Denver 7.57 15 4

I understand what you are saying and Buffalo is in fact a solid matchup but again my point is if he doesn't have the targets he simply can't produce regardless of the matchup.

I read somewhere that Moeaki has the best schedule for TE's in the remaining 8 games.
Does the schedule really matter when you get 3 targets per game? Or the "juicy" matchup?Looks like FBGs has him at TE9 in PPR and standard scoring now. So it looks like he's trending down in the projections. Rightfully so until his targets go up...

I read somewhere that Moeaki has the best schedule for TE's in the remaining 8 games.
Does the schedule really matter when you get 3 targets per game? Or the "juicy" matchup?Looks like FBGs has him at TE9 in PPR and standard scoring now. So it looks like he's trending down in the projections. Rightfully so until his targets go up...
Last week I had a healthy Zach Miller rated #2 all week while Heap was way lower. I think because he was questionable as a GTD. As soon as they called him active at 12:30 on Sunday, I quickly made the decision, and even though Miller had a nice day with a TD, Heap had 2 TD's and the few extra points he got allowed me to win by just 2 points over my opponent. Granted, I made a lot of boneheaded lineup mistakes too, but the decision to play Heap over Miller because he playing the Buffalo defense paid off.

Moeaki is used more for blocking and dosent go out as much for passes. The Chiefs also dont throw that much. Moeaki has a great matchup and he might do well but he has had great matchups before ( jax ec) and has not produced. If he does not get a TD he puts up 3-33 numbers. Hes the 18 th ranked TE in my league and on the waiver wire for a reason until he show he does something . maybe he puts up 5-42 and a TD this week maybe hes worth a start if you have no TE , better chance he gets a zero. but . and will disapoints again next week . Rather have a guy going forward like A Watson , Heap or Daniels etc who gets 6-8 targets a week or take a chance on a guy like Tamme.

big goose egg. whats going on here?
He just got a catch for 16 yards in OT! Now I feel better about starting him!! :X I do expect better things out of him going forward though. At least I hope so...

Big zero until late overtime. I watched the game and he stays in and blocks. 1 target in regulation. So many better TE''s you can find on the waiver wire. I wouldnt even consider him a backup TE going forward. I would just be so afraid to use him and get his 0-3 points.

I've said this many times now, but matchups mean nothing as far as Moeaki goes: he is an excellent blocker in a HEAVY run offense. He's never going to get you 6 or 7 catches so what is the upside, a solitary TD every so often?

Bench this guy until they're not able to run for 275 yards, their 3rd straight 200+ yard game, and 4th out of 7 games played.

Week 8: 4 targets 3/45/0. Goosegg until Overtime and only 1 target in regulation.

And he stays firmly planted on my bench. Might even get dropped at this point. I need him to cover gates in Week 10 but there might be better options on the wire at this point.

Traded him for Ricky Williams before the week, and started Heath Miller. Looks like I need to hit the waiver wire.

I dropped him today and added Tamme since Cooley is on bye next week. Can't do much worse really and I might just get lucky if Tamme ends up being big part of the offensive game plan.

Users who are viewing this thread