What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Changing owners in a Yahoo private league. (1 Viewer)

Touchdown Syndrome

Footballguy
I'm the commish of a yahoo keeper league, and one of the owners posted that he basically isn't having fun and won't be coming back next year (his team has historically sucked...big surprise).

I prefer granting his wish now, and handing his team over to someone else.

However, I don't see a means to do this in the Commissioner's Tools. I have the option to "lock" his team, so he can't post or make any transactions...but then what?

Is there a way to transfer ownership completely that I'm missing?

Thanks for any help. This is kind of a lousy situation.

Unless you can get the deadbeat to give the new guy his ID and password, you are going to have to be creative.

You can lock his team and then have the new owner make his moves through you via e-mail, phone, etc. Things could get dicey with waiver pick-ups though. Pain in the ### for you, but at least it doesn't kill the league by having a dead team. Then, next year, you can have the new owner sign up with his own ID.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the commish of a yahoo keeper league, and one of the owners posted that he basically isn't having fun and won't be coming back next year (his team has historically sucked...big surprise).I prefer granting his wish now, and handing his team over to someone else.However, I don't see a means to do this in the Commissioner's Tools. I have the option to "lock" his team, so he can't post or make any transactions...but then what? Is there a way to transfer ownership completely that I'm missing?Thanks for any help. This is kind of a lousy situation.
You absolutely can get the guy removed from the league this year. I did this as commissioner of a Yahoo baseball league this year with two different dorks. You can add me to replace the guy. It's 12:29 by me right now and I needed to go to bed an hour ago. I will try to find time in the morning to explain how to go about removing the guy. If I can't find the time, then PM me and I'll help you out on Wednesday evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had to do with with football, but I run a keeper hockey league on yahoo and have had this situation arise a few times. What I did was email yahoo from the help/contact us and explain the situation, give them all your league info, the team with the GM you need to replace, and then the yahoo email and username of the new GM you want to add to take over that team. It usually takes a few days, but they have been able to do that. Like I said, I haven't tried this specifically with yahoo football, but with yahoo hockey it has been successful for me a few times. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread