Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting.

Christo

Tonight's host is Martin Freeman.

WHO???

Tonight's musical guest is Charli XCX.

WHO???

Haven't seen the episode, so I have no idea if it was any good but you are a terrible judge of current pop culture. Charli is a pretty big star.

I love Amy Adams, and it's always good to see Kristen . . . but did we really need to see Garth and Kat again?

Yes. It wasn't funny, but the show needs to try things like that because they have almost no current funny reoccurring characters.

I love Amy Adams, and it's always good to see Kristen . . . but did we really need to see Garth and Kat again?

Yes. It wasn't funny, but the show needs to try things like that because they have almost no current funny reoccurring characters.

I always liked the Judy Grimes character, would have preferred that.

Most of the recurring bits are lame anyway. I'd prefer they work harder on one-off sketches.

Most of the recurring bits are lame anyway. I'd prefer they work harder on one-off sketches.

The reoccurring bits are the ones that help build bigger audiences. Many of them have been funny in the past.

The reoccurring bits are the ones that help build bigger audiences. Many of them have been funny in the past.

Garth and Kat has never been funny. <_<

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin Hart monologue very funny.

Funny, I made it about 3 minutes and fast-forwarded through the rest. Hoping the rest of the episode is good.

His imitation of the raccoon got me, as did his admission that he wouldn't want to be with his fiancé if she were to be disfigured by a mountain lion attack. He's got a unique energy. I find him funny.

I was on the fence with the guy until he delivered what I thought was the funniest line in "This is the End", to Jason Segal. I've found him hysterical since.

On the surface he seems like it's all energy, attitude, and selling. But that SNL monologue was well-crafted from start to finish. He was defending his version of the truth to his fiancé early, then admitting to a bold-faced lie to his son late. I lost it when he answered his son's yes/no question with, "Absolutely not. This is your journey." I'm going to start using that expression.

Funny, I made it about 3 minutes and fast-forwarded through the rest. Hoping the rest of the episode is good.

His imitation of the raccoon got me, as did his admission that he wouldn't want to be with his fiancé if she were to be disfigured by a mountain lion attack. He's got a unique energy. I find him funny.

I was on the fence with the guy until he delivered what I thought was the funniest line in "This is the End", to Jason Segal. I've found him hysterical since.

On the surface he seems like it's all energy, attitude, and selling. But that SNL monologue was well-crafted from start to finish. He was defending his version of the truth to his fiancé early, then admitting to a bold-faced lie to his son late. I lost it when he answered his son's yes/no question with, "Absolutely not. This is your journey." I'm going to start using that expression.

Well crafted...admitting the to the lie was excellent. Don't just tell us an unbelievable story and expect us to roll with it. Thought it was very well done.

Loved the flip on mountain lion attack...think he could've soaked the fact that he wouldn't jump in...making most think he's a coward...but then coming back with he'd simply wouldn't want to be with a woman who survives a mountain lion attack was freaking awesome. Think that was rushed a bit because of time constraints but still well crafted...love it.

He hit a lot of story in that one monologue...

I've often felt he was oversold...just every damn where...internet, radio, tv, movies...I can't turn on a device without seeing him.

And now that he's in that "Wedding Ringer"...he's finally made it. A black comedian hasn't made it until he's starred in a movie with a goofy, lost white guy and shows him how to be hip and cool. When will white guys ever learn?

Sia can sing her ### off.

She is a brilliant talent.

Absolutely...just didn't think she needed the Gaga mask and the dancers yet again.

She hit it out of the park with Chandelier...no need to keep revisiting that dancing thing again so soon...especially with the same dancer/attire.

he kiilled it this episode. was terrible the last time he hosted I thought.

that monologue was perhaps the best SNL opening in years. last time he hosted, you were telling me how awesome the guy was. not sure how you could fast forward through that.

comedy is so weird.

Absolutely...just didn't think she needed the Gaga mask and the dancers yet again.

She hit it out of the park with Chandelier...no need to keep revisiting that dancing thing again so soon...especially with the same dancer/attire.

There are singers, and there are singer/artists. She's a singer/artist. I know it looks weird sometimes, but she's kind of a cool, trippy chick. This is the first live Sia performance I ever saw. I've watched it 100 times, and I think there are only a handful of singers this talented:

Sia - Soon We'll Be Found Live (HD)

Watch until the end. Look how excited she is when Letterman thanks her.

She seems like a nice, unpretentious lady.

yeah, the mime was gratuitous after the first number. but wow- I didn't know her prior to this... that second song and performance was incredible. I like the mask and other "arty" crap I've just seen in Jdoggy's link above, with the pained hands.

sounds a little like Elizabeth Frazer, Kate Bush, Adele and Bjork mashed up.

eta: I watched part of a couple skits while jumping around on the TV and had to bail- but I stuck it out for her songs.

eta: listening to that song on spotify now... not as into it with all the auto-tuning and over-production.

Edited by El Floppo

There are singers, and there are singer/artists. She's a singer/artist. I know it looks weird sometimes, but she's kind of a cool, trippy chick. This is the first live Sia performance I ever saw. I've watched it 100 times, and I think there are only a handful of singers this talented:

She's awesome...been a fan for years. I just think the mask and dancers aren't necessary anymore...she's made the big time...no need for the theatrics anymore.

Go listen to her old stuff...it's incredible.

yeah, the mime was gratuitous after the first number. but wow- I didn't know her prior to this... that second song and performance was incredible. I like the mask and other "arty" crap I've just seen in Jdoggy's link above, with the pained hands.

sounds a little like Elizabeth Frazer, Kate Bush, Adele and Bjork mashed up.

eta: I watched part of a couple skits while jumping around on the TV and had to bail- but I stuck it out for her songs.

eta: listening to that song on spotify now... not as into it with all the auto-tuning and over-production.

This is my favorite of hers:

http://www.vevo.com/watch/sia/Breathe-Me/GB0700400017

She's the nice of the lead singer from Men at Work.

Edited by tdoss

She's awesome...been a fan for years. I just think the mask and dancers aren't necessary anymore...she's made the big time...no need for the theatrics anymore.

Go listen to her old stuff...it's incredible.

I know what you're saying. But it's clear she's really into the theatrics - kind of like a female Peter Gabriel. So I don't ever imagine she'll dispense with those.

Episode was not very good, perhaps evidenced by the fact that there have been many comments, but only on the monologue and the musical guest. Update was weird. Seemed kind of short and really choppy.

I've never really seen Hart's stand-up, but it seemed like the monologue was really rushed. Thought he could have let it breathe a bit, though maybe that's just my general preference.

Digital Short with Hart, Kenan and Pharoah was decent.

Episode was not very good, perhaps evidenced by the fact that there have been many comments, but only on the monologue and the musical guest. Update was weird. Seemed kind of short and really choppy.

I've never really seen Hart's stand-up, but it seemed like the monologue was really rushed. Thought he could have let it breathe a bit, though maybe that's just my general preference.

Digital Short with Hart, Kenan and Pharoah was decent.

I agree...but that's just his style...quick and a bit frenetic.

A pause for a beat would serve him well in spots.