What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Wrestling "analysts" are losing their minds. Hilarious.

WWE is garbage.
Seriously #### that company now. I'd love to put how I really feel about Vince and WWE but I'm afraid it'd get me banned. This just pisses me off further after the NJPW announce canceling shows 

Bray should get his little brother Bro and pull a Punk at SDL tomorrow and just walk out. Honestly if I were him after that BS I'd leave as soon as the Plan touched down on US Soil again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you rather have Fiend carry the belt into a Mania loss or stand tall over someone on the biggest show of the year? 
I'd rather the Fiend be book strong against an opponent who can look good in a loss. Not have him get buried in a match about an old fart who could never wrestle to begin with just to please a bunch of terrorist supporting Saudis who Vince listens to way more then the fans who if it was't for them in the 90s we'd be seeing Monday Night Nitro ever Mon night right now. People are pissed and have every right to be 

WWE main roster's singular interesting character just lost a lot of his mystique imo.

I don't even think I can say I'm surprised at this point.
Heard he still is facing Cena at Mania. But WWE believes Fiend has already lost all his momentum. I talked about this before but when he went after Seth I didn't think it was the right move at the time. They should've been building him up

hagmania said:
Who says he has to lose the title at Mania? If the rumor was to hand it over to Reigns then lol yeah, that's a no-win situation. Lord almighty.
The point is Fiend should have never been in that spot to begin with. We all know it was nothing more then to please the Saudi Prince 

So we have a Jewish man win a play wrestling title for the enjoyment of a Muslim prince? 🤔
From what I heard the Prince is in love with the old school guys. WWE hasn't been seen much in the last decade or more over there so many people remember Undertaker/Kane/Austin/Eddie/Hunter/HBK/etc. There were reports the Prince had been asking WWE to book deceased wrestlers like Savage, Davey Boy, Piper, etc and had to be informed all had died. This is why when they have these shows its a lot of the part timers and old farts going over. Why Taker has been a big part of the show etc etc. Given the money they are receiving I also heard that without the Saudi Deal we still might be having Hulk Hogan blacklisted as the Prince is a very big fan of his. It apparently took a bit to explain why Hulk couldn't wrestle or why WWE wouldn't let the likes of  Austin nor Flair wrestle a match either. 

And no one ever accused The Saudi government of being hypocrites 

Here's a quick list of names I can remember and per the ringside news report as well Eddie Guerrero, Big Boss Man, as well as “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth as well as Yokozuna. I also Heard Andre The Giant, Piper, Davey Boy Smith, Junkyard Dog,etc. You go down a who's who list of prominent 80s and 90s WWE legends and the Saudi Prince pretty much  asked for them. It's pretty sad but it shows just how much control that government has over its people. The fact Saudi Arabia has some questionable human rights violations and supported the 9/11 attacks and you can see why people are upset with WWE here. 

No sell of 4 spears + No sell of 2 Mandible claws+ hiptoss/bad attempt at jackhammer + squash only remaining regular protected character = $$$

If only they had a way to have "Bray Wyatt" lose the belt to Goldberg...... :lmao:  

The overwhelmingly positive: Spent less than 10 minutes watching this show and got to watch two championship matches in their entirety :thumbup:  

No sell of 4 spears + No sell of 2 Mandible claws+ hiptoss/bad attempt at jackhammer + squash only remaining regular protected character = $$$

If only they had a way to have "Bray Wyatt" lose the belt to Goldberg...... :lmao:  

The overwhelmingly positive: Spent less than 10 minutes watching this show and got to watch two championship matches in their entirety :thumbup:  
Not to mention all of the junk Rollins gave to him, but a jackhammer slays him?  :lmao:

I only watched the "jackhammer" finish but it sure looked like Bray was sandbagging him on it, and I can't say as I blame him.  Wow.

On the other hand that Pac Omega 30 minute iron man is probably the best match I've seen this year.

This is funny but the reality is it's so sad. This is why I love NJPW. They tell a story so well just in the ring and can have a 30-45 min title match and it still makes sense in the end. A lot of people including  Meltzer have the right idea that WWE needs to give Roman Reigns the Naito treatment. 

Not to mention all of the junk Rollins gave to him, but a jackhammer slays him?  :lmao:
They interviewed Goldberg after the match and all he said all ya got to do at my age is hit these guys quick. Like way to really bury this guy and his character. Like Jake said in the podcast you never expose your opponents weakness. He was probably at home watching that #### ready to smack the #### out of his next Damian to go after Goldberg for that 

So there's something going on in AEW thats not great but also I wouldn't say is terrible. Some guy claiming to work for the AEW website was in a chat on a podcast I watch online and there was talk of AEW backstage passes denied. The guy who claims to work for the website says they cut all access for fans after fan in came to it high and made a scene to "get views for their podcast" and filmed it. I checked around and got two people. One has a buddy who is associated with the backstage scene area in the Company. Apparently a lot of dirt sheet writers are back there smoking joints and getting high with the boys. Tony Khan is giving people hugs and some drinking. One source said it's a pathetic circle jerk by Dirt sheet guys trying to get inside info going as far as getting talent and staff numbers to text them. The big shots of the Company like COdi and the execs stay in the nicer hotels away from the boys. Moxley as usually is a loner stays to himself. I made a comment about Jericho I can see going either way but he wouldn't comment on Chris. So guys like Codi/Dustin/Bucks/Daniels/Omega/Paige etc aren't involved in these parties. It's a bit of an issue as well from what I've heard. Has a bit of a TNA/WCW feel. I asked if these parties get wild but my sources said it's pretty tame. 

There was an incident in December that happened too. I don't know if the Havoc incident was a part of one of these parties or an isolated incident. 

So if you are wondering about backstage access too AEW it's because some idiot decided to ruin things. 

This is funny but the reality is it's so sad. This is why I love NJPW. They tell a story so well just in the ring and can have a 30-45 min title match and it still makes sense in the end. A lot of people including  Meltzer have the right idea that WWE needs to give Roman Reigns the Naito treatment. 
I like New Japan's title matches, but they could stand to mix up the formula every now and then. I watched KENTA v Naito but was mostly on my phone until Red Shoes' bump because I knew the damn thing would take at least 25 minutes.

Have a couple of hard hitters out of the gate. Do an 18-minute barnburner.

I'm literally at the point if Roman faces Goldberg at Mania I hope Roman wins just so the title is back on TV every week. Also I think they need to turn Roman heel but Vince refuses to do that. Give him the Naito treatment have him and USOs go heel. Problem is when the USOs were coming back they really wanted to do things right by the fans and become faces after the ones issues 

I like New Japan's title matches, but they could stand to mix up the formula every now and then. I watched KENTA v Naito but was mostly on my phone until Red Shoes' bump because I knew the damn thing would take at least 25 minutes.

Thats one of my few complaints with their matches. Some of them are just too long. I feel a few matches I've seen went too short especially at G1 and a few that should've gone longer. I feel Osprey/Shingo Match for the Super Junior belt went way over. Guys like that in the ring especially Osprey a match like that shouldn't have taken that much of time up. I do shy away from matches going on my phone for the same reason. But if this is one of my few complaints about NJPW then they are doing a lot of things right if my main complaint is too long of matches. 

Another one small complaint is when they do the English feed and do these video tributes NJPWWorld could put the English Subs in. When I saw the Liger/Hittoria/Manabu Retirement ceremonies I couldn't understand what the video tributes said from guest speakers in them. It was Japanese subs from the actual screen in the venue. I feel for the non Japanese fans that a disservice. Christ does a good job of a basic summary on these but I feel NJPW to reach out more globally they need to do these little things. Another cool thing I'd do is have Kevin Kelly and Chris and Gino and a few others do an English speaking documentary or video on NJPWWorld about Japanese culture of wrestling and explain some of the nuances for fans to better understand. I think they already do a great job explaining things in commentary but theres a few things we miss every now and then that can make it better. 

Yeah, for the most part though the story lines are simple enough and the stars are charismatic enough that often translation isn't even necessary. Would be a nice to have.

One of my wife's favorite parts of New Japan is to watch the backstage press conferences. She mainly just wants to hear what ZSJ has to say though; when he was going on those hilarious Brexit rants during 2019 G-1 he earned himself a big fan of Mrs. hags.

One other complaint I have is when they do these US tours they could bring a few more of a bigger names with them. I get it for the last tour some of the guys were in NJPW to do that tour and couldn't come but Id like to see more variety other then when they do the big shows. Philly got shafted by not getting Okada and Tiger Hattori wasn't even at the show. One of the biggest reasons outside of the NJPW seeing it live finally was my chance to see Tiger for the first time. I got meet Mickey Nicholes, Lance Archer, Ibushi and shook Tanahashi's hand when he did his walk around the rind to end the show which was all great. However we need more variety 

We are at ROH tonight. There might be 500 people here, I think it's more like 400.

My wife turned to me and asked, "Why did Marty choose this???" 😬😬😬

We are at ROH tonight. There might be 500 people here, I think it's more like 400.

My wife turned to me and asked, "Why did Marty choose this???" 😬😬😬
A #### load of money they gave him and head booker. U don't turn away becoming a head booker. ROH right now is incredible sad though 

Favorite ironic moment from Smackdown last night: the flashback video, 18 years ago,  of the young, fresh rookie John Cena getting the rub from the old grizzled vet who won't be doing this much longer, Undertaker.

Caught up on the go home episode of AEW last night at work. Ironman match launched Pac into the top tier of performers there. He's a future AEW Champ. Cassidy is gonna come within half a count tonight before Pac takes him seriously.

I really freaking wish they didn't just throw Kris and Nyla into this match tonight. If they started this next Wednesday they could do a legit 3 month build to the next PPV. Kris is probably the only woman I can see legitimately competing with Nyla right now in that promotion.

Moxley is winning. Chris has done his part for 6 months holding this thing up as everybody finds their footing. Mox is now ready for the spotlight.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Cody winning. With Cody "unable" to compete for the title it doesn't really matter if he wins or loses. I could see MJF getting bloodied up but still coming out on top. I think if he were to beat Cody, he'd somehow get even more heat than he has now...dimming the fire on the AEW fan's golden boy. Could propel MJF into new territory.

Finally, really looking forward to seeing Hager get in the ring.

Darby/Sammy dark horse for Match of the Night.

Users who are viewing this thread