What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

By now everyones probably seen RAW, saw highlights or just saw the video of Kari Sane being injured by NIA Jaxx again. I'm still trying to get some confirmation on a lot of stuff but it seems like the Lockeroom at least the Women's Nia has some big heat on her after the events of the last few weeks regarding Kari as she's very well liked. This just is added on top of what happened to Becky Lynch last year as well as the fact when Nia injured Becky she was not fully aware that Becky was hurt or aware of her surroundings. It took Dana Brooke stepping in to make Nia realize what was going on. Thats a concern as your co workers when in the ring with you put their life in the trust of you to protect them. Many feel the only reasons Nia is not discipline is her family and the fact she's the only "big" women heel wise WWE has at the moment. Most would like to see her back in NXT getting more training where others feel like she doesn't give a dam and she should just be let go. There's no word if anything is happening after this incident as of now. I just know a lot of the talent men and women are upset WWE banned the Buckle Bomb as they feel like I said a short cut and putting a band aid on the real issue. 
To go back to this awhile back I reported some in WWE wanted NIA fired. Well The Wrestling Observer's Bryan Alvarez says a source said just That and didn't mince words saying she needs to be fired before she cripples or kills someone. Many in WWE want her gone NOW 

NIA Jaxx has major heat in WWE. Some hope she's fired

Caught up on Last Ride over the weekend. Also listened to The Undertaker interview with both Bill Simmons and on Cheap Heat. Really enjoyed the Cheap Heat one because Peter Rosenberg knew the right questions to ask. Taker tells great stories, really great stories.

Taker tells the story of the quick title swap during Tuesday in Texas and paints not a new, but more focused picture of Hogan. Going from "you hurt my neck by dropping me" to "you hurt my neck by protecting me too much" is classic Hogan.

I get that but Sasha is no way top talent. She's decent but people overrate her by a lot because of the trash WWE had before her and others. Outside of Paige very few women who could wrestle besides Natty. I think the girls currently in NXT who had the 6 women tag match last night are better then the 4 horse women honestly. 
We also don't know what kind of price she paid behind the scenes.  After Stone Cold walked out in 2002 and came back, Vince told him he was getting fined.  VKM proposed 650k and SC countered with 250k which Vince took.  He never scratched a check; it just came out of future earnings.  The same thing could apply here; she's been punished and/or fined and we just never found out what the extent of it was.

We also don't know what kind of price she paid behind the scenes.  After Stone Cold walked out in 2002 and came back, Vince told him he was getting fined.  VKM proposed 650k and SC countered with 250k which Vince took.  He never scratched a check; it just came out of future earnings.  The same thing could apply here; she's been punished and/or fined and we just never found out what the extent of it was.
Yeah that could be the case but from people I talked to there was no signs she was ever punished. 

there's a huge Rumor Adam Cole will be leaving WWE. If that Happens Keith Lee will lead the Undisputed ERA. All signs right now point to Cole leaving  I've also heard. Another source told me that Cole signed a contract extension in late 2019 early 2020 so I'm trying to sort this one out. I figured I'd put it up anyway for thoughts on Should the UDE stay if Cole leaves and if so do you like the idea of Keith Lee Leading the group?

Where we left off with NJPW: Tetsuya Naito is the first-ever double champion, carrying the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles after his first successful defense against KENTA. They need to quickly re-establish the Naito-led LIJ as the top faction of the company, along with building up challengers for the champ. In the Juniors division, Hiromu has returned from a likely career-ending injury to reclaim Junior Heavyweight gold yet again for Los Ingobernables de Japon.

Here's the bracket for the New Japan Cup: https://cultaholic.com/app/cultaholic/assets/images/d8bda383d983200f5289224d90dbce3c.jpeg?v=1591693450

I'll take a final four of Hiromu Takahashi (in a miracle juniors run through several heavyweights) - Minoru Suzuki (in a surprise over Okada) - Kota Ibushi (in three absolute classics vs ZSJ, Tanahashi and Shingo Takagi) - EVIL (in a very weak portion of the bracket). LIJ goes over strong in the tourney throughout, getting two in the semifinals, where they fail to get either into the main. Minoru Suzuki vs Kota Ibushi is my finals for the NJC, with ageless killer MINORU SUZUKI as your New Japan Cup winner!

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbup:

Look forward to seeing The Goon, Freddy Joe Floyd, Mantaur.

The only time WWE MIGHT have been in a worse spot creatively in its history was when Bruce was in creative in the early/mid 90s. Then you know who came along and saved the day creatively for WWF.
I mean, Pritchard is Vince's toady, and I would expect more junk like what's going to happen tonight on Smackdown:

Sheamus and Jeff Hardy will have a contract signing tonight.  Sheamus will insist Hardy take a pee test to prove he is able to perform.  Hardy will provide the urine sample, and then throw it in the Celtic Warrior's face.

:rolleyes:

Paul Heyman OUT as part of RAW Creative

He lasted longer than I thought he would. 
Sounds like rumors with Heyman no longer with creative are true of Drew losing to Lashley. Another stupid decision by Vince and WWE. Heyman should be leading creative big time as well as also helping performers with their promos. They should bring in some of the former ECW guys like Raven and some others who cut great promos to teach how to give a good one. Stop with the scripted child like bull####.

One rumor I've heard and not concrete is despite only being the RAW creative he was not happy with the Jeff Hardy Storyline. He felt WWE and Vince were completely trying to disrespect Jeff since Matt left for AEW and know that since they added time on Jeff's deal he had to do anything WWE wanted for now as Jeff when the time comes and he's fulfilled the last of his contract will be going to AEW to join his brother Matt. Theres also been other differences over time too.

I'm still working on my contacts to see what they know in terms of why all this went down and so fourth

DJackson10 said:
Sounds like rumors with Heyman no longer with creative are true of Drew losing to Lashley. Another stupid decision by Vince and WWE. Heyman should be leading creative big time as well as also helping performers with their promos. They should bring in some of the former ECW guys like Raven and some others who cut great promos to teach how to give a good one. Stop with the scripted child like bull####.

One rumor I've heard and not concrete is despite only being the RAW creative he was not happy with the Jeff Hardy Storyline. He felt WWE and Vince were completely trying to disrespect Jeff since Matt left for AEW and know that since they added time on Jeff's deal he had to do anything WWE wanted for now as Jeff when the time comes and he's fulfilled the last of his contract will be going to AEW to join his brother Matt. Theres also been other differences over time too.

I'm still working on my contacts to see what they know in terms of why all this went down and so fourth
Hatred, jealousy, and political machinations, oh my!!

Thought I put this in here may have acccidently put this in another thread. 

Vince fired Heyman because he apparently didn't want backlash from the PC crowd over Bobby not winning the title as Heyman was vehemently against this"

Per a Source:

"what I heard was that they covered it up as a cost saving initiative for not paying him two contracts but in reality it was that he opposed Drew losing the belt to Lashley. WWE don’t want backlash as the ppv name is for a black man that has never won it to lose it"

I also asked if this is also because Bruce Prichard is a Company ### Kisser where Paul isn't and blatant about his opinion. Maybe too much for VKM to handle. The Source said that's also part of the reason as Prichard comes across as telling Vince and explaining things how he wants it. Vince is also impatient about creating new stars and went along for a bit with Heyman on pushing young stars but then became his impatient self 

Vince fired Heyman because he apparently didn't want backlash from the PC crowd over Bobby not winning the title as Heyman was vehemently against this"

Per a Source:

"what I heard was that they covered it up as a cost saving initiative for not paying him two contracts but in reality it was that he opposed Drew losing the belt to Lashley. WWE don’t want backlash as the ppv name is for a black man that has never won it to lose it"

I also asked if this is also because Bruce Prichard is a Company ### Kisser where Paul isn't and blatant about his opinion. Maybe too much for VKM to handle. The Source said that's also part of the reason as Prichard comes across as telling Vince and explaining things how he wants it. Vince is also impatient about creating new stars and went along for a bit with Heyman on pushing young stars but then became his impatient self 
Also, go back and look at what's happened before each quarterly call - someone has been fired.  Bischoff before Q3, the co-presidents before Q4 and the mass firings after the Q1 call.  With Q2 coming up next week, I suspect Heyman was made this quarter's sacrificial lamb.

DJackson10 said:

Per a Source:

It’s a shame they fired Heyman for opposing Lashley winning the title at Backlash and then have McIntyre win anyway.

Tom Servo said:
Are Sami and Roman being punished? I mean they don’t want to come to work, but the show must go on. What else can you do but strip the title from Sami and not include Roman in storylines?

And in this industry, if you’re not on TV, the stories go on without you and the fans forget about you. It’s not punishment, it’s just how things have always worked. That’s why wrestlers would work injured, they don’t want to lose their spot.

Wrestling Twitter blowing up this afternoon. I don't want to make assumptions, but there are a lot of guys that might not have careers after today. #metoo

Wrestling Twitter blowing up this afternoon. I don't want to make assumptions, but there are a lot of guys that might not have careers after today. #metoo
Here, I'll name one: David Starr.

When we last saw this dude, he posted a rant against Sinclair Broadcasting the week before his ROH title match in Israel against Jay Lethal.  You know, the same Sinclair Broadcasting that owns ROH?

Are Sami and Roman being punished? I mean they don’t want to come to work, but the show must go on. What else can you do but strip the title from Sami and not include Roman in storylines?

And in this industry, if you’re not on TV, the stories go on without you and the fans forget about you. It’s not punishment, it’s just how things have always worked. That’s why wrestlers would work injured, they don’t want to lose their spot.
RR is gone from even being mentioned on TV.  A segment where Seth Rollins pinned RR was edited such that RR wasn't in the shot.  After all, you couldn't go 15 seconds without some mention of Reigns, and now radio silence on the guy?  Vince's fetish for Reigns meant his got pushed way past the fans' tolerance of him, and suddenly we get our wish for him to go away?

As for Zayn, why did he get stripped of the IC title after refusing to work?  Vince is notoriously petty and will get revenge if he feels he's been wronged (ask Jeff Jarrett).

Actually, the story with Owens and Crews now comes to a dead stop without him around.  

The problem comes in that after the mass layoffs, the discovery of another COVID-19 case in a trainee, NXT "fans" without masks in the crowd, and these seemingly spiteful actions, WWE looks really bad right now.

RR is gone from even being mentioned on TV.  A segment where Seth Rollins pinned RR was edited such that RR wasn't in the shot.  After all, you couldn't go 15 seconds without some mention of Reigns, and now radio silence on the guy?  Vince's fetish for Reigns meant his got pushed way past the fans' tolerance of him, and suddenly we get our wish for him to go away?

As for Zayn, why did he get stripped of the IC title after refusing to work?  Vince is notoriously petty and will get revenge if he feels he's been wronged (ask Jeff Jarrett).

Actually, the story with Owens and Crews now comes to a dead stop without him around.  

The problem comes in that after the mass layoffs, the discovery of another COVID-19 case in a trainee, NXT "fans" without masks in the crowd, and these seemingly spiteful actions, WWE looks really bad right now.
RR isn’t working. Why would you mention him? The only reason he was mentioned when he was out for cancer treatment was to make his recovery more special. There’s no telling when he’ll be back right now. There’s no story to work around him. There’s no anticipation of an imminent return to build. There’s no reason to detract from the product you have for one you wish you had.

The same goes for Sami. You don’t know when he’ll be back, but you do know that fans like title bouts. That’s why they have an IC title. If you don’t strip it off Sami, you’re wasting it.

What do you suggest they should do instead? Constantly air best of matches from the past? That doesn’t do much for your working talent.

RR isn’t working. Why would you mention him? The only reason he was mentioned when he was out for cancer treatment was to make his recovery more special. There’s no telling when he’ll be back right now. There’s no story to work around him. There’s no anticipation of an imminent return to build. There’s no reason to detract from the product you have for one you wish you had.

The same goes for Sami. You don’t know when he’ll be back, but you do know that fans like title bouts. That’s why they have an IC title. If you don’t strip it off Sami, you’re wasting it.

What do you suggest they should do instead? Constantly air best of matches from the past? That doesn’t do much for your working talent.
:shrug: :

Dave Lagana (NWA VP) has resigned from his position due to allegations from yesterday. They've temporarily suspended all production of content as result. He was a big part of their productions.

Can't say I'm surprised whatsoever. I'm not a huge Twitter guy but the guy has liked some very questionable stuff over the years. I don't even recall how I saw it but made me just scratch my head a guy with a decent standing in the business would put himself out there like that on social media.

---------

Allegations against some others are questionable at best. Not going to name a name but one of the accusers did a hack photoshop job as "proof". 

Allegations against some others are questionable at best. Not going to name a name but one of the accusers did a hack photoshop job as "proof". 
1. Things have been rough for the NWA. 

2.  Cornette being accused of manipulating guys to screw his wife is strangely the type of stupid, baseless allegation that seems would happen only to him. 

Jack Gallagher FIRED by WWE.  Spoiler tags just in case you don't want to read with the accuser alleges.

“I never thought this is something I would say publicly, but I want others to know that they never need to be ashamed and should feel like they can tell their stories. On New Year’s Eve 2014 I attended a house party and Jack Gallagher (Gentleman Jack) was there. Jack got me drunk. While I acknowledge that I am an adult and can make my own decisions, he was literally pouring straight spirits into my glass, putting it to my mouth and telling me to drink. When I would make myself a drink he would add more alcohol when my glass was unattended. I thought I was in a safe environment and didn’t need to shield my glass.”

“Jack asked me to sit on his lap, I said no. He then sat on my lap and made advances. The entire time I expressed that I was uncomfortable, but I also didn’t want to make a scene. In hindsight I should have. At the end of the evening I went to the bathroom and Jack barged into the room. I immediately stood up and tried to pull my skirt down. Jack grabbed me and he pulled at my skirt. He pulled so hard he ripped my skirt. I managed to push him away and I left the room, I then immediately left the party. I spent years afterwards downplaying the story, trying not to cause any issues. I’m not going to be silent any longer.”

SoCalUncensored.com has a series of tweets about predatory behavior by Joey Ryan. 

Least. Surprising. News. Ever. <_<  

SoCalUncensored.com has a series of tweets about predatory behavior by Joey Ryan. 

UPDATE: Bar Wrestling deleted its twitter account, as has Joey Ryan.  BTE has taken down shows with Joey Ryan in them (3, I believe).

This movement is going to have sweeping changes in the entire industry. My little local company here, MPX Wrestling got hit, as Dirty Andy Dalton (not the QB), a regular all over Texas had several accusations against him. He took quick responsibility for the first, lesser one and then much worse ones came out against him, and he has been radio silent. He was supposed to be in the main event title match Saturday night, but the company pulled him. MPX has already been labeled "a boys club" and "safe haven for creeps", so it will be interesting to see what they do going forward.

Dalton's roommate and fellow wrestler, Jaxon Stone (a huge mental health advocate) has already come out and stated while he wants to help his friend get the help he needs, he has also ended all professional relationships with him and they are working on the living situation with both names on the least. I don't think Dalton wrestles again, and if the allegations are true, he shouldn't.

Bogart said:
This movement is going to have sweeping changes in the entire industry. My little local company here, MPX Wrestling got hit, as Dirty Andy Dalton (not the QB), a regular all over Texas had several accusations against him. He took quick responsibility for the first, lesser one and then much worse ones came out against him, and he has been radio silent. He was supposed to be in the main event title match Saturday night, but the company pulled him. MPX has already been labeled "a boys club" and "safe haven for creeps", so it will be interesting to see what they do going forward.

Dalton's roommate and fellow wrestler, Jaxon Stone (a huge mental health advocate) has already come out and stated while he wants to help his friend get the help he needs, he has also ended all professional relationships with him and they are working on the living situation with both names on the least. I don't think Dalton wrestles again, and if the allegations are true, he shouldn't.
If this means scumbags like Joey Ryan are purged from the industry, then this uncomfortable time in wrestling will have been well worth it.

Tom Servo said:

I heard a lot from a lot of people on Joey it's really no shocker

. I've been posting in a Facebook wrestling group where I've put my stuff I hear on here as well. So I'll just copy and past what I've gotten so far. 

June 17th

Indy Wrestler David Starr is being accused of Sexual abuse by an ex partner

Top Indy Star'r Accussed of abuse by former partner

June 18th 

Alot of news coming out today

Jim Cornett apparently lets wrestlers Bang his wife in front of him to get a contract. Story seems similar to Giant Baba in All Japan who had ED who let American talents bang his wife for pushes in AJPW

Carmella apparently enjoys "WATERSPORTS" with Corey Graves. We'll get the biggest topic next. I'm still working on sources and all right now

Justin Roberts is accused of asking for inappropriate pics from a girl age 17 back in 2014. She has screen shots posted to twitter.

Bram has also been accused ofSexaul assault. Bram is previously married to CHarlotte Flair and they divorced after domestic violence.

Jimmy Havoc is now also accussed of assault from an ex GF. Havoc has suffered substance abuse and mental issues in the past and AEW put out a statement that he's in rehabilitation again. This could explain why he was off TV after an outburst this past Dec for awhile. AEW is aware of events currently but will not take any further action or comment until he completes the rehab.

Now the biggest American Name Matt Riddle. As of right now all I have is WWE edited out Riddle and he will not debut on SDL now this week. Audio and everything has been edited. Instead a preview for Extreme rules will be in his spot. Riddle is working with WWE and lawyers. Claims the girl has stalked him for yrs and changed his # numerous times. Didn't want to file a restraining order and ruin her career but they are now in the process of charging her with Liable and defamation. As well as Cyber stalking and BUlling.

So far I've gotten very little. I've reached out to people in the Indies I know from friends in the business from wrestlers, promoters, staff and got in contact with my WWE sources. My once source says based on what he's heard so far from his guys is the Devlin stuff a lot of people aren't buying it. David Starr from people I contacted some believed something was up with him but never came forward as they never had proof. Some believe those who did know may have been apart of the sexual assaults or knew of him doing but hid from fear from others or didn't feel anything would be done about it

Jack Gallaghar was released by WWE today. He's been accused of assaulting a female back in 2014 at a party. Putting more liquor in her drinks, adding more when she wasn't looking and accused of barging in and trying to assault her in the bathroom.

Other then this right now I'm trying to sift through the bull#### and what might be true.

El Ligero James Devlin and Travis Banks have all been accused of Sexaul misconduct and other things. All I know so far is that WWE called an emergency meeting at 6 PM tonight (6/18-2020). So far we don't know what's true or not. Hopefully this is all cleared up. If these allegations are false the accusers should be punished. if the wrestlers accused is true they should be held accountable.

Continued on next post:

Yesterday:

Some new info since Friday. Overall still pretty hush hush on the WWE stuff as it shows WWE just isn't interested in the UK as they make it seem like on TV.

Matt Riddle: WWE had an edited version ready in case they didn't have things tied up on his case You can confirm this as many TV guides took Matt Riddle's name off the list. WWE felt confident to air the original which is why his debut was shown (I didn't receive this till the next day) as they saw the women has been stalking Riddle for 4 yrs.

Undertakers statement today was more of a retirement speech on the Final Ride Doc WWE Network is showing. It's open to interpretation as Vince and WWE might want to give him one final match at Mania with fans and he's an early candidate to headline next years WWE HOF (depending what happens this year with the current inductees).

Both Ligero and Devlin are expected to be released at some point. THere's still some in WWE not buying Devlin did anything wrong. Both have already along with Travis Banks been released from Progress Wrestling so far.

Jack Gallaghar was released as he admitted to the accusations right away.

I'm told some of the talent accused if they are proven innocent and were let go there's a metal understanding WWE would bring them back when things cool down. Some guys are just being released partially for PR.

I'm told by many that a lot believed Starr had been involved with stuff but many couldn't give actual proof. It was mostly he said she said talk in locker rooms and promotions. A few I talked too said there promotions that knew about Starr's issues but signed him anyway for the money. A lot of talent was already not on board with his unionization as many knew he was solely in it for personal gain which is why it didn't gain the traction many dirt sheet people thought it would. Also a lot of people knew the guy was just full of #### and complete blowhard.

As for Joey Ryan many aren't surprised. There's been some past allegations floating around the business never shared before and a lot felt uncomfortable with his #### gimmick. Some felt it was just an excuse for him to get people to touch him and he was aroused by it. He also acted weird in the locker rooms many times as well.

WWE rehired Eric Rowan per a source. this past week on Smackdown Bray Wyatt returned in his FCW Wyatt family gear and did a promo on Braun how one chapter is over but another is starting. A video of Wyatt with Braun and Rowan in sheep masks as the Wyatt Family was shown (Brodie Lee left off for obvious reasons) and Rowan could be inserted into the story line.

On statements made by promotions I feel and some wrestlers and people in these promotions I know have said that they are nothing more then PR fodder. Theyve said many promotions especially Indies hire talent despite knowing allegations. Theres been talk on Joey Ryan and Starr for yrs now but they draw big in the Indies. Once in awhile WWE may do this but over the past several years since going public with WWE they've been really strict on who gets hired. kris Statlander recently said in an interview WWE didn't get back to her because of tweets that were taken out of context. Some weird tweets like her commenting on a fire that happened were red flagged as well as other. WWE takes their stuff incredible serious now. Statlanders WWE stuff is with in the last year or so. Back to the statements though many feel it's just cover our Asses type statements. Many will continue to hire talent that is abuses or commits sexual assault and other things. Some have also blacklisted talent or others for speaking out against hiring someone for a promotion with a sketchy past which is why many are afraid to speak out if they knew something.

As of right now from wrestling friends in the business I can say several have already Told me off the record they will not wrestle for any promotion who hires or defends these clowns if true and if they find out a promotion is hiring talent even if it's last minute will refuse to wrestle that night.

One other thing I was told was they said if I saw youngsters inspiring to wrestle today I'd try and push them away especially the Indy scene. Some of these allegations by gals and guys is accurate but a lot are defamation, not true, flat out lies, cyber bullying and or stalking (Like Riddle's) or set ups. All because of pure jealousy or hatred of certain talent. If this whole thing doesn't end the business it will hurt it for a long while. The drama isn't worth it and if you aren't one of the top talents in the Indies or someone they can bill as Former WWE/IMPACT/AEW/NWA/NJPW/etc wrester the money made isn't worth the aggravation or the torment and bullying. It just made me really feel bad honestly something I've loved as a kid this could be the answer Ive heard from friends in the business.

Yesterday 2 hrs before Joey Ryan's latest accusers came out:

Like my earlier post said on more Joey Ryan Allegations this now confirms it. The dude is a straight up scumbag. The one girl he booked exactly on her 18th birthday to grab his meat.

New Sexual assault allegations on Joey Ryan. I expect there to be a lot more then this too

KO refuse to work after a famale NXT talent came down with Covid. The talent is Simon Johnson Dwayne The Rock Johnson's Daughter. KO got scared and told the company his intentions do to his family and all. WWE understood his decision. 

The whistleblower for Saudi case WWE is dismissing Aiden English. His mother in law as some may know is Eddie Guerrero's widow Vicky who still has a ton of WWE friends and contacts. Vicky texted him when all this started to go down when she got word of the plan being essentially hijacked by the Saudis. Per a source the Saudi's "hijacked" the plane to show WWE they were not messing around and VKM has no choice but to keep the Saudi Deal. 

Here, I'll name one: David Starr.

When we last saw this dude, he posted a rant against Sinclair Broadcasting the week before his ROH title match in Israel against Jay Lethal.  You know, the same Sinclair Broadcasting that owns ROH?
Another note on David Starr. Pete Dunne has been vocal on twitter defending the victims. He called Starr out for being full of #### and the Union thing Starr was doing wasn't a bigger push because most knew Starr was doing it mostly for himself. Was never genuine. If you want some good commentary on this whole thing Pete is an excellent Read right now. He's holding no punches back. I don't think his own family if they did something wrong is off limits to his wrath right now either. Dude is pissed 

Users who are viewing this thread