What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

They are slowly trying to get rid of NXT. They did this with WWE ECW. They are having a title fight where they will merge the UK and NXT title belts after that NXT UK is done (A dam shame given the potential it had too). Then give it another. Year before we start hearing WWE may get rid of NXT. Don't know what the ratings for NXT are these days but I can't imagine they are as good as they use to be. Most of the people I know who solely only watch NXT and didn't watch the main roster anymore has barely or stopped watching NXT all together 
If I watched 10 minutes of NXT, that would be a lot. I had no interest before and even less now. 

I've been cherry picking the aew matches I watch the last year or so and now I'm reminded why. You get a great match like Page/Danielson and than absolute dreck afterwards. Soho/Jade was a styles clash, Luchas/Jurassic is a train wreck and Black /Pillman was just boring.  I am looking forward to Punk and Wardlow next week though.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWE on twitter promoting "Walter's Last Stand" as Walter is about to have his last match in NXT UK. Guess they bring him in for the Royal Rumble? Put him on RAW and have him join the big men slapping big men main event picture.

WWE on twitter promoting "Walter's Last Stand" as Walter is about to have his last match in NXT UK. Guess they bring him in for the Royal Rumble? Put him on RAW and have him join the big men slapping big men main event picture.

WWE is getting rid of NXT UK. I've heard they are gonna merge the UK and NXT titles possible 

Fenix broke his arm on that table spot in last night’s match. Oof. 

I paused it, can't believe he got away with only a dislocation.  His arm was going the wrong way under the edge of the table.  I was expecting a Joe Theisman-esque extra elbow out of it.    And I think Luchasaurus lucked out by wearing his mask, it looked like the edge of the table popped up and smacked his face.

So apparently I have been paying NJPWWorld two times a month. I'm not sure why I had two accounts but I'm know I wanted most of my subs and stuff on my gmail account. I guess I forgot to cancel. Either way thats a few extra $$$$$ in my bank account now each month 

Did anyone else have a hard time watching the AEW women's street fight yesterday? I mean, the wrestling was good enough, but the blood was way over the top.
It's ####### ridiculous.  I don't need to see women wrestling garbage deathmatch ####, and now it looks like the AEW women are going to feel like they need to do it in order to get to the top of the card thanks to Britt.

There's PLENTY of room between Diva bra and panty matches and what they did in the street fight.  The WWE women have been putting on banger matches and main eventing Wrestlemania without stooping to thumbtacks and blood.

Maybe it's a get off my lawn moment.  I also don't think every big match needs to resort to color to be amazing, which seems to be what TK thinks.  Honestly, who cares anymore?  Seems like someone is getting color on nearly every show, so it's already being devalued in terms of impact.  :shrug:  

It's ####### ridiculous.  I don't need to see women wrestling garbage deathmatch ####, and now it looks like the AEW women are going to feel like they need to do it in order to get to the top of the card thanks to Britt.

There's PLENTY of room between Diva bra and panty matches and what they did in the street fight.  The WWE women have been putting on banger matches and main eventing Wrestlemania without stooping to thumbtacks and blood.

Maybe it's a get off my lawn moment.  I also don't think every big match needs to resort to color to be amazing, which seems to be what TK thinks.  Honestly, who cares anymore?  Seems like someone is getting color on nearly every show, so it's already being devalued in terms of impact.  :shrug:  
Blood can enhance a match. I've always believed so, even as a kid. That being said,  who wants to watch some hot-### blonde bleed? Daniel Bryan? No problem. Tay Conti....not so much.

Blood can enhance a match. I've always believed so, even as a kid. That being said,  who wants to watch some hot-### blonde bleed? Daniel Bryan? No problem. Tay Conti....not so much.

What I thought Tay looking fricken hot with all that blood. Maybe I'm just a sick SOB or something but dam 

Is there not another tag team on Smackdown. How many times can you run Uso's and New Day. Xavier has the King crown they can't find an angle with that. 

WWE only wants you to think there are only 2 Tag teams worth anything. It's one of the better things about AEW and why FTR didn't resign with WWE. AEW actually cares about the Tag Team division and even when we get rehashed teams there's always a different storyline or teams take a bit of a break before colliding again and branching off. 

So didn't have nearly the time I thought. Got through part of WK night one. Saw the the SHibata match and Holy ####!!!!! I was in tears I was so happy to watch this. Shibata was one of my first original NJPW favorites other then Bullet Club when I first started watching so when he was injured in 2017 I never thought I'd see him in a ring again but 2022 is turning into a great year so far. 

Love the New Sho and Kenta/ELP/Ishimori are always entertaining together. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PantherThunder said:
Is there not another tag team on Smackdown. How many times can you run Uso's and New Day. Xavier has the King crown they can't find an angle with that. 
At the end of the AWA, they had two tag teams - the champs and the challengers. 

PantherThunder said:
When you let go of everyone what do you expect.  For the Women's Rumble they had to break down the forbidden door and bring in Impact to fill out the 30 entries.

UOFI_316 said:
When you let go of everyone what do you expect.  For the Women's Rumble they had to break down the forbidden door and bring in Impact to fill out the 30 entries.

They literally showed a full package video of all the "surprises" for the WOmen's rumble too. Summer Rae commented how she and others were told that WWE wouldn't announce them and they'd be surprises when the show was on. I guess WWE is desperate for Eye balls. 

Also another forbidden WWE word now Pay per views and PPV are gone from WWE vocabulary so update those "E" ban books of words Vincent Kennedy mcMahon does not like you to use 

PCO and Kingdom crashed IMPACT's Hard to Kill. Apparently IMPACT called it an invasion so this might be how ROH stays relevant to a degree till they comeback in April 

I saw someone over the weekend state that Sareena Deeb was seeing Marty Scurll. If true, we’ll, fill in the blank for yourself. 

I saw someone over the weekend state that Sareena Deeb was seeing Marty Scurll. If true, we’ll, fill in the blank for yourself. 

That's disappointing if true and if you think he's signing there he's not. THey didn't publicly say anything but the whole Elite kicked him out after the METOO movement. Rhoades privately called him and told him he was kicked out and they just couldn't have someone like that as their friend or in the company. The Bucks, Kenny and Hangman all agreed and Rhoades made the phone call. Now a lot can change since then but that was their call after everything happened and before ROH released him too. 

RAW was in Philly last night and only reason I knew was because I was looking to see if my friend was going to ask me if I wanted to go to a stupid 76ers game or go to a flyers game. Saw they were in town and really didn't even care. That's sad 6-7 yrs ago I probably would've gotten tickets. Lower level seats 9th row on the ramp Hard Cam side I could get for $29. My have the might fallen. 

MLW filed a lawsuit in CA against WWE of manipulating 3rd party contracts, pressuring them to abandon relationships and contracts with MLW, disrupting major business deals including one a big market gain on a streaming service deal. Also a WWE employee apparently told Vice that Vince was PO'd with them airing MLW content on their channel and should stop. MLW claimed this was against anti trust laws and illegal. The executive remarked she had no control over Vince. 
Court Beur owns MLW he worked in WWE for yrs. If MLW is filing a lawsuit against WWE they definitely have proof of WWE doing these things. Buaer still has friends in WWE or people who know people close to WWE who give him the dirt as well. So the fact MLW is filing a lawsuit is pretty big and sounds like they have grounds to file it. 

Cody Rhodes is wrestling without an AEW contract right now. Technically a free agent. Feels like a nice plot point for their reality show, but could be used as a story telling stipulation for him to challenge Hangman Page.

And no, he is not showing up at the Royal Rumble.

Semi related WWE content:  watched the first episode of Peacemaker and it was pretty funny. And if you want to see a naked John Cena having aggressive sechs, it’s the show for you.

Walter was renamed "Gunther" last night.  WWE took out a trademark for Gunther Stark...which is the name of an obscure Nazi official.  :oldunsure:  
And like that, POOF, he is gone.

E has some stupid "Relatively Famous" show with kids of famous people working at a ranch.  One of the kids is Austin Gunn.  From what I have seen in my few minutes of watching, the others are kids of Shaq, Easy E, Pat Benetar, Hasselhoff, Martin Lawnrence, and Billy Bob Thornton.

All I have read on the Mox heckler was he said something along the lines of "get that drunk out of the ring"  I tried to rewind and listen and couldn't get exactly what he said, but love that the first words from Mox was to swear.

Cody Rhodes is wrestling without an AEW contract right now. Technically a free agent. Feels like a nice plot point for their reality show, but could be used as a story telling stipulation for him to challenge Hangman Page.

And no, he is not showing up at the Royal Rumble.
His Promo on Dynamite was quite hellish. I think he's going for a heel run. On the squared circle reddit a few months ago he did a Q/A where he said a lot of stuff he's doing will make sense eventually but when it first happens a lot of people might actually hate it before they love it or understand it. 

From everyone I've talked too Cody isn't leaving AEW at all but everyone is pretty hush hush on what's going on there. 

And like that, POOF, he is gone.

E has some stupid "Relatively Famous" show with kids of famous people working at a ranch.  One of the kids is Austin Gunn.  From what I have seen in my few minutes of watching, the others are kids of Shaq, Easy E, Pat Benetar, Hasselhoff, Martin Lawnrence, and Billy Bob Thornton.

All I have read on the Mox heckler was he said something along the lines of "get that drunk out of the ring"  I tried to rewind and listen and couldn't get exactly what he said, but love that the first words from Mox was to swear.

He basically called Mox a garbage Drunk and to get him out of the ring. Apparently the dude wasn't behaving before the show either.

So Mustafa Ali was denied his release and he blocked WWE SD on Fox. He made a tweet about how he was imprisoned. Brodie Lee's window Amanda Huber made a comment how she was rooting for Ali and knows what it's like to be in his position (referring to her husband and WWE release he asked for and didn't get" Sasha banks liked Amanda's tweet too. So there's a lot going on here. Also Brain Kendrick asked for his release from WWE as well. 

Really the only thing WWE wise I'm looking forward too right now is WWE 2K they are doing a Rey Mystero showcase so I hope that means they have Psycosis in the game as that was one of his big feuds outside of his Eddie feuds outside of WWE in ECW and WCW. They also brought back GM mode, better engine and there's some sort of faction game that looks cool. I've yet to really dive deep into it. Also the game is going to be good for the sh*** and giggles on the fact the roster will be so out of date. 2K was complaining how they needed more time as the WWE releases screwed them up. SO there's going to be a ton of wrestlers in this game who are released and I've heard might be a couple who are already signed to other promotions. Scarlet apparently made a comment how she did motion work for the game and her and Killian Kross are in the game despite being released. 

Purchased the WRLD GCW event watched it live. It was interesting was at Hammerstien Ballroom. Had a few cameo appearances from Bill Alfonso, Sabu came in to save second crew from 44OH. Blake Christianson defeated Lio Rush who replaced Jonathan Greshman as this was suppose to be for the ROH HW Title. AJ Gray won the Brass Ring Ladder match to get any title match he wanted. AJ was suppose to fight Eddie Kingston who couldn't go for some reason. Jeff Jarret had a match and defeated ELFFI. Matt Cardona with Chelsea Green defeated Joey Janela with outside interference from Swoggle and Marko Stunt returned to GCW to try and help Joey to no avail. The Lucha match was great under lucha rules. Highly competitive match.  Moxley defeated Homicide in a decent match. There wasn't a lot of the normal GCW stuff because of the rules on Death Matches NY State has now similar to PA (Which is why you don't see these matches in those states anymore) and why GCW runs in either Del or NJ in my area most times when home. A F Bully Ray chant erupted before the match and both seemed to make good fun with it. Mox won to keep the GCW Heavyweight belt and gave his respects to Homicide after the match. Mox and Homicide have had 4 other matches and this was the 5th with Mox winning all but 1 of them. 

Ruby Soho Defeated Allie Katch in a dream match for Allie. Her story is pretty cool and almost retired 2 yrs ago only to come back. After the match Soho gave her a huge and left the ring so Allie could have her moment with the fans. The Briscoes ended up fighting Nick F'N Gage and Matt Tretmont who use to take together. MDK won the match to become the new GCW Tag Champs. There seemed to be a botched ending but the Briscoes tweeted out an hour after the event F time limits so apparently the match was cut short do to time. A few of the matches went longer then they should've and there were a few delays as well. Speculation is Broscoes dropped the belts and could be headed to AEW so we'll see where that goes as they'd had a war or words with FTR lately. 

Overall the event wasn't GCW's greatest. They've had worse but for a Sunday Night Indy PPV I'll take it. It was only $24 too and I don't mind spending it to support some friends in the company too. 

I am excited to watch it just to see what kind of jobbers they can bring in to fill out the  match, You know when an almost 50 year old Knoxville is all you got, you are in trouble. Let's dust off Tugboat or one of the other geezers. 

Haven’t seen the wwe since last rumble 

didn’t know Pat McAfee did color , see,s like a huge improvement 

these suicide dives are still lame

Users who are viewing this thread