What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis (3 Viewers)

If anyone watched the game ... wow. Lewis is back to 100%. His moves look similar to his vintage 2015 run. Just hoping he keeps getting 16+ touches a game. If so, good things will happen. He also got at least 3 redzone carries and took the ball inside the 5 on two other scampers. He got vulture by burkhead but he could have easily posted a score in the 20s last Sunday.

If anyone watched the game ... wow. Lewis is back to 100%. His moves look similar to his vintage 2015 run. Just hoping he keeps getting 16+ touches a game. If so, good things will happen. He also got at least 3 redzone carries and took the ball inside the 5 on two other scampers. He got vulture by burkhead but he could have easily posted a score in the 20s last Sunday.
At one point in the third quarter he was averaging 12 ypc. His explosion through the line is impressive and he always seems to make at least one person miss. 

Shame. If you could combine him and Burkhead you'd have the RB1. 

At one point in the third quarter he was averaging 12 ypc. His explosion through the line is impressive and he always seems to make at least one person miss. 

Shame. If you could combine him and Burkhead you'd have the RB1. 
If they'd just use Lewis more consistently in the passing game he'd be a RB1. Just 3-4 catches each week could do it. He looks fantastic. I'm still mystified as to why he isn't a consistent part of the short passing game. He's such a good receiver and dynamic in the open field. Hard to question an offense like this that's playing so well but you'd think it could be even better using him a little more there.   

If they'd just use Lewis more consistently in the passing game he'd be a RB1. Just 3-4 catches each week could do it. He looks fantastic. I'm still mystified as to why he isn't a consistent part of the short passing game. He's such a good receiver and dynamic in the open field. Hard to question an offense like this that's playing so well but you'd think it could be even better using him a little more there.   
Probably afraid his odds of a Mr Glass impersonation go up every time he touches the ball.

I honestly don’t think his lack of usage in the pass game has anything to do with limiting his touches. I think BB is simply playing the long game to set up his opponents for the playoffs. Do the same predictable rotation patterns all regular season because they are winning with that formula and once the playoffs begin switch it all up and do something else. That’s really the only angle that makes sense imo. If they were concerned about injury they wouldn’t have him returning kicks and running it up the gut. 

Guess I'm a "high floor" guy since I'd rather take to 10 non-ppr points from Lewis and not go for better matchups like Davis vs Jax #20 ranked rush D or Howard vs. Cin #28 ranked rush D.  Crazy that the multi-headed beast of the Pats RB crew is preferable. 
I don't feel great about keeping Lewis in my Flex in a TD heavy league watching Burkhead get the goal line carries and Lewis doing the work between the 20's. Then watching Lewis get pulled when he got it down to the 1 or so and doesn't get rewarded for all his work. He's averaging like 5.09 yards a carry? Yet still perhaps there are better choices to plug in this week. I see Kenyan Drake ranked higher on most boards and he looks explosive. Can't stand MIA as a team since the Marino days and then the 72 Dolphins. Gio makes for another choice at Flex. That's my dilemma: Lewis, Drake, Bernard, with Davis as a bench player as of now.

Giving the game script NE "should" be up big going into the 4th quarter and the rush game takes over favoring Lewis over Drake, but Drake could get his in the first 3 quarters as well. He does catch passes too. Howard has been dismal lately, but gets nice match up. Dismal, kinda like Evans. 

According to Bloom it's Howard, Gio / Dion, Davis, then Drake, where most others have Drake ranked higher. It's nice to own a piece of NE, but it's better to score the most points.

I don't feel great about keeping Lewis in my Flex in a TD heavy league watching Burkhead get the goal line carries and Lewis doing the work between the 20's. Then watching Lewis get pulled when he got it down to the 1 or so and doesn't get rewarded for all his work. He's averaging like 5.09 yards a carry? Yet still perhaps there are better choices to plug in this week. I see Kenyan Drake ranked higher on most boards and he looks explosive. Can't stand MIA as a team since the Marino days and then the 72 Dolphins. Gio makes for another choice at Flex. That's my dilemma: Lewis, Drake, Bernard, with Davis as a bench player as of now.

Giving the game script NE "should" be up big going into the 4th quarter and the rush game takes over favoring Lewis over Drake, but Drake could get his in the first 3 quarters as well. He does catch passes too. Howard has been dismal lately, but gets nice match up. Dismal, kinda like Evans. 

According to Bloom it's Howard, Gio / Dion, Davis, then Drake, where most others have Drake ranked higher. It's nice to own a piece of NE, but it's better to score the most points.
Tuff I was in between Davis or Lewis but the Miami mathcup is way to sweet 

He missed practice due to illness. Saw beat reporter post he'll play Monday. 
Limited in practice because of illness. Questionable tag. Most seem to suggest he plays. Illness is not an injury. Most recover within a day or two from the illness bug, unless it's the Flu and it lasts longer... So, does the questionable tag scare anybody for the dreaded inactive status?

I just grabbed White for this reason even though it sounds like he is a lock to play.  Can't risk taking a goose if it did happen!
Is White definitely the guy that would step in as opposed to Gillislie? Amendola also out there I moved Lewis to the Flex for this reason. Ugh.

After my last post, I’m flip flopping due to Monday night start. Going with Howard and crossing my fingers. 

Is White definitely the guy that would step in as opposed to Gillislie? Amendola also out there I moved Lewis to the Flex for this reason. Ugh.
I think so but who knows.  I know White is always used in some capacity and it's better than taking a potential goose!

This guy is pretty dynamic. I really hope some team gives him a shot next year at a full-time gig.
From an NFL POV I think he's at near optimal usage right now. Will be interesting the splits with Burkhead now out. I think Gilislee is short yardage guy, but if Lewis takes over the between the 20s series that were going to Rex he is a RB1 next week. 

From an NFL POV I think he's at near optimal usage right now. Will be interesting the splits with Burkhead now out. I think Gilislee is short yardage guy, but if Lewis takes over the between the 20s series that were going to Rex he is a RB1 next week. 
I don't see him as a 20-25 carry per game guy, but I think, say, 15 carries and 5 receptions a game in a full time role is manageable for him. He plays a lot bigger than his size. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see him as a 20-25 carry per game guy, but I think, say, 15 carries and 5 receptions a game in a full time role is manageable for him. He plays a lot bigger than his size. 
Agreed this is ideal. I think he'll be back in NE. Isn't he actually signed beyond this year? I know Rex is 1-yr and think Gilislee is due up as well as he was just RFA. 

Agreed this is ideal. I think he'll be back in NE. Isn't he actually signed beyond this year? I know Rex is 1-yr and think Gilislee is due up as well as he was just RFA. 
Lewis is an UFA, which is why I mentioned the possibility of someone signing him.

I guess it depends on whether Lewis wants to keep on winning Super Bowls or has enough of them and wants a more full time gig. Going against him leaving is that RBs don't carry a lot of value in free agency that much any more, given the availability of late round rookies or even guys that don't get drafted. 

With the news White is out Lewis looks like he will DOMINATE in this game his usual 15 rushes with all th passing work and a great match up is he moving up in consideration for anyone

With the news White is out Lewis looks like he will DOMINATE in this game his usual 15 rushes with all th passing work and a great match up is he moving up in consideration for anyone
Dominate between the 20's. The real story is who will get the TD's? Will Gilly vulture? I'm giving Lewis a shot in one DFS line up. And Gilly a shot in another at a very low price. 10 carries for 40 yards a score with upside. Lewis 15 carries, 75 yards, a score, and catch 4-5 passes. 

IMO the White news is giving me pause. This could be a bang it out game plan where Gilly Gilly takes over Dion's previous role and Dion is COP and the White third down role. 

I'm sticking with CMC. Way too much known unknown with this situation for me to take the gamble in championship.  

IMO the White news is giving me pause. This could be a bang it out game plan where Gilly Gilly takes over Dion's previous role and Dion is COP and the White third down role. 

I'm sticking with CMC. Way too much known unknown with this situation for me to take the gamble in championship.  
Have to disagree wholeheartedly. This is great news for dion And gilly IMO. 

Users who are viewing this thread