What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

Damn. Brutal end to piss the game away. The announcers were spot on in saying take one step only and get it out of there. Even if you eat it, only a Hail Mary beats you. Really wanted to see Harbaugh continue this meteoric Michigan upswing. Oof.

That is the ultimate poster child for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. I mean... it's been... 30 minutes, and I am still stunned. Almost in denial.

No matter how poorly our QB played (again). No matter the lack of getting one last first down to end the game. It all came down to that last play, where the ONE thing that could cost us the game... happened.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I have seen that situation 100 times where the only way a team can lose is get the thing blocked and I have never seen it happen

And I hope to never see it again

Right now it feels like the worst loss one of my teams has ever suffered. It's hard to compare NCAAFB to other sports because every game counts and I've seen some heartbreakers in Detroit that had bigger implications, but this one really stings

Right now it feels like the worst loss one of my teams has ever suffered. It's hard to compare NCAAFB to other sports because every game counts and I've seen some heartbreakers in Detroit that had bigger implications, but this one really stings
Michigan's loss to Iowa in 1985 on a really long FG cost them the National Championship. There have been worse losses. The abrupt ending just makes it seem worse than it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan's loss to Iowa in 1985 on a really long FG cost them the National Championship. There have been worse losses. The abrupt ending just makes it seem worse than it was.
Maybe, but that was a huge game that would have meant a ton to Michigan after nearly a decade of suffering. This loss was bad on many levels including knocking them off of any hope of making it to the national championship playoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot went wrong besides the final play. Offensive line couldn't block anyone. And they should have had a game plan for Calhoun.

I can think of a grand slam by a Red Sox a few years ago that was a bit more painful.

I can think of a grand slam by a Red Sox a few years ago that was a bit more painful.
Yeah game 163, Borchevsky OT goal a few that come to me also that after some time I'd rank ahead of this, but I'm taking it hard

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Ilov80s said:
Poor punter, he's a good player too
Anybody that blames that kid is a dolt. Looks like at least 4 or 5 other players screwed the pooch there.
Come on. He ####ed up. Bad.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player or he's an ####### or anything like that. He played well for 59 minutes and 50 seconds. But those last 10 seconds? Oof.

Sometimes good players #### up.

Ilov80s said:
Anybody that blames that kid is a dolt. Looks like at least 4 or 5 other players screwed the pooch there.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player or he's an ####### or anything like that. He played well for 59 minutes and 50 seconds. But those last 10 seconds? Oof.

Hear that kid has received numerous death threats tonight. Stay classy Walvie.

Ilov80s said:

Thanks for proving my point.

Given that the snap was very catchable at his knees, did that punter make the worst play in the history of football? He could have done practically anything else with the ball and his team gets the win in a huge rivalry game.

jon_mx said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Dan Lambskin said:
Maybe, but that was a huge game that would have meant a ton to Michigan after nearly a decade of suffering. This loss was bad on many levels including knocking them off of any hope of making it to the national championship playoff.
:lmao:

That wasn't happening anyway. You might want to watch some other college football games jon, this team is not there yet.

Ilov80s said:
20-year-old kids playing football do dumb #### like that, it's what makes college football>>>>>>the NFL. There is a degree of unpredictability that is so terrific, just not always in the favor of the home team.

I feel bad for him, especially considering how dominate he was today.

Given that the snap was very catchable at his knees, did that punter make the worst play in the history of football? He could have done practically anything else with the ball and his team gets the win in a huge rivalry game.
I would say it's in the discussion. I can't really think of anything worse so maybe it is.

I wonder if Baxter went over the scenarios pre snap.....

Ilov80s said:
20-year-old kids playing football do dumb #### like that, it's what makes college football>>>>>>the NFL. There is a degree of unpredictability that is so terrific, just not always in the favor of the home team.

I feel bad for him, especially considering how dominate he was today.
That was the first thing I said. My daughters played college volleyball and I have ate with some baseball, football and basketball player in the dining area. Ever since then I have a totally different outlook on college sports. Without the helmets on they look like big high school kids..and they are just kids. The sad thing is that play will be shown forever..the town of Ann Arbor was packed last night and ready to explode. We were in a bar and I am not sure I have ever seen any faster change of emotion in my life. After MSU turned it over the place erupted..people were dancing and screaming and then watching the last play it was silent...and full of depression. If there were 110,000 in the stadium there were more than that outside partying. People were drunk and walking around in daze..like the walking dead.

As they lined up for the punt and the left side gunner didn't collapse in to block I had a bad feeling. Why would he just stay uncovered, and not slide in? Because of the punter he kept them in the game, had a 80 yard punt earlier. I think Jake should be taking him to dinner, because that play takes away his once again piss poor effort. Has he made 1 deep throw yet? Jim needs to get his own Qb in play before there is a real shot at a playoff IMO.

Still this team is light years a head where I thought they would be. Maybe just 3 losses before going bowling. with all of those 3 being from Top 10 teams. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Well, I did it....and watched :bag:

Going back to my psyche comment before, there is definitely something wrong with me. I don't feel as bad giving that game away to a higher ranked team as I would have had they been curb stomped (like in years passed). I was sorta surprised at how many busted coverages there were in the secondary. Made the Cook yardage total look a lot different. This team will be much different once they have something other than a game manager under center. That said, that ending couldn't have sucked any more....I felt very similar watching the Colorado game.

All said, this team is going the right direction and I feel bad for the punter, he had a great game til the end. Is EL still standing? I'm pretty sure there isn't a couch left in the city limits.

Going back to my psyche comment before, there is definitely something wrong with me. I don't feel as bad giving that game away to a higher ranked team as I would have had they been curb stomped (like in years passed). I was sorta surprised at how many busted coverages there were in the secondary. Made the Cook yardage total look a lot different. This team will be much different once they have something other than a game manager under center. That said, that ending couldn't have sucked any more....I felt very similar watching the Colorado game.

All said, this team is going the right direction and I feel bad for the punter, he had a great game til the end. Is EL still standing? I'm pretty sure there isn't a couch left in the city limits.
I turned the TV on this morning to find a cartoon for my kids. The TV happened to be on CBS and even the stupid morning show was talking about it lol.

What a gaffe. Gonna take awhile for this one to wear off.

I turned the TV on this morning to find a cartoon for my kids. The TV happened to be on CBS and even the stupid morning show was talking about it lol.

What a gaffe. Gonna take awhile for this one to wear off.
:goodposting:

It hurts.

Harbaugh said, "Welcome to football. Now we move forward." The moving forward may take a few days on this one.

I would say it's in the discussion. I can't really think of anything worse so maybe it is.

I wonder if Baxter went over the scenarios pre snap.....
That's what I was wondering. You don't want the kid to think about the negatives, but ya gotta prepare for all possibilities. Did Michigan have a time out left? You see 11 defenders on the line, take a time out and talk through the risks.

Users who are viewing this thread