What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (2 Viewers)

Next years D-line could be amazing. Gary dominated in the UA game and Jordan Elliott is reportedly looking dominate at the Army practices. Willie Henry is still evaluating if he's going pro, hope not. If Henry stays and Gary gets on board they are going to crush teams.

The dead period ends on Wednesday and Thursday will be the first day contact opens up again for college coaches and prospective recruits.

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh will waste little time recruiting one of his top remaining targets, kicker Quinn Nordin, the nation’s top-ranked prospect at his position.

“Under the exact rules, he’s going to be at my house at 12:01 he said. That’s when it’s legal for him to be at my house,” Nordin said. “He said we can watch a movie, see how well we gel and he said he would sleep over after that.

“I was in tears laughing when he said that. He said the next day, if my parents didn’t want me to miss school, he would go to every class with me and go to lunch with me. I was laughing so hard.”

Harbaugh is attempting to flip Nordin from Big Ten rival Penn State, where he is committed, and many reminders of that are up in his house.

“He told me if I had a 6-foot-3 inch piece of carpet for him to sleep on, that would be enough. I said we have guest rooms, and he said ‘Tell you what, I’ll just sleep on the floor in your room.’ I said ‘Coach, I have Penn State stuff all over my walls.’ He said, ‘Tell you what, I can help you take it down.’”

Nordin will take his official to Michigan this weekend. He takes official visits to Baylor and Penn State the two weekends following and will announce his decision on Signing Day.

Commish got it..but not right thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The dead period ends on Wednesday and Thursday will be the first day contact opens up again for college coaches and prospective recruits.

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh will waste little time recruiting one of his top remaining targets, kicker Quinn Nordin, the nation’s top-ranked prospect at his position.

“Under the exact rules, he’s going to be at my house at 12:01 he said. That’s when it’s legal for him to be at my house,” Nordin said. “He said we can watch a movie, see how well we gel and he said he would sleep over after that.

“I was in tears laughing when he said that. He said the next day, if my parents didn’t want me to miss school, he would go to every class with me and go to lunch with me. I was laughing so hard.”

Harbaugh is attempting to flip Nordin from Big Ten rival Penn State, where he is committed, and many reminders of that are up in his house.

“He told me if I had a 6-foot-3 inch piece of carpet for him to sleep on, that would be enough. I said we have guest rooms, and he said ‘Tell you what, I’ll just sleep on the floor in your room.’ I said ‘Coach, I have Penn State stuff all over my walls.’ He said, ‘Tell you what, I can help you take it down.’”

Nordin will take his official to Michigan this weekend. He takes official visits to Baylor and Penn State the two weekends following and will announce his decision on Signing Day.

Commish got it..but not right thread :)
that was all whoknew....I just laughed my ### off about it :lmao:

Anyone want to bet if Michigan finishes as a top 4 team next year?
Michigan plays Iowa, MSU, and Ohio on the road. Then the Big Ten championship. I would bet against it even if I thought they were the best team in the country.
Anyone know how the scheduling got messed up to be road/road, home/home with those teams? Its always been a home/road split.
Another reason to thank Dave Brandon. When Ohio State moved to the East and they re-did the divisions, he somehow let this schedule happen this way.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday will be sleeping over at the home of a recruit.

The dead period in recruiting ends on Wednesday with contact reopening Thursday between college coaches and recruits. Hence the reason why Harbaugh intends an early — or late, depending on how you look at it — push for Rockford’s Quinn Nordin, the nation’s top-ranked kicker who happens to be a Penn State commit.

Allen Trieu, Scout’s Midwest football recruiting manager and a Detroit News contributor, first broke the story Tuesday.

“Under the exact rules, he’s going to be at my house at 12:01 he said,” Nordin told Trieu. “That’s when it’s legal for him to be at my house. He said we can watch a movie, see how well we gel and he said he would sleep over after that.”

In a phone interview with the News on Tuesday, Nordin confirmed that Harbaugh will be staying the night at his house.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Nordin committed to Penn State last July and made the announcement via a snazzy music video produced by a high school friend. Harbaugh is trying to flip Nordin’s commitment. The national signing period begins Feb. 3.

“He told me if I had a 6-foot-3-inch piece of carpet for him to sleep on, that would be enough,” Nordin told Scout. “I said we have guest rooms, and he said, ‘Tell you what, I’ll just sleep on the floor in your room.’ I said, ‘Coach, I have Penn State stuff all over my walls.’ “he said, ‘Tell you what, I can help you take it down.’”

DETROIT NEWS

Ladsud said:
jon_mx said:
swirvenirvin said:
Michigan plays Iowa, MSU, and Ohio on the road. Then the Big Ten championship. I would bet against it even if I thought they were the best team in the country.
Anyone know how the scheduling got messed up to be road/road, home/home with those teams? Its always been a home/road split.
Dave Brandon

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday will be sleeping over at the home of a recruit.

The dead period in recruiting ends on Wednesday with contact reopening Thursday between college coaches and recruits. Hence the reason why Harbaugh intends an early — or late, depending on how you look at it — push for Rockford’s Quinn Nordin, the nation’s top-ranked kicker who happens to be a Penn State commit.

Allen Trieu, Scout’s Midwest football recruiting manager and a Detroit News contributor, first broke the story Tuesday.

“Under the exact rules, he’s going to be at my house at 12:01 he said,” Nordin told Trieu. “That’s when it’s legal for him to be at my house. He said we can watch a movie, see how well we gel and he said he would sleep over after that.”

In a phone interview with the News on Tuesday, Nordin confirmed that Harbaugh will be staying the night at his house.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Nordin committed to Penn State last July and made the announcement via a snazzy music video produced by a high school friend. Harbaugh is trying to flip Nordin’s commitment. The national signing period begins Feb. 3.

“He told me if I had a 6-foot-3-inch piece of carpet for him to sleep on, that would be enough,” Nordin told Scout. “I said we have guest rooms, and he said, ‘Tell you what, I’ll just sleep on the floor in your room.’ I said, ‘Coach, I have Penn State stuff all over my walls.’ “he said, ‘Tell you what, I can help you take it down.’”

DETROIT NEWS
Wonder if he's going to arrive in a honda :D

Still makes me laugh every time I read it :lol:

Another reason to thank Dave Brandon. When Ohio State moved to the East and they re-did the divisions, he somehow let this schedule happen this way.
To me this will always be the dumbest thing he did and it's a long list of dumb things.

####.

WIllie Henry is going pro.
Next man up I guess :unsure:
He is not projected to go that high, so not sure it was the best move. But I wish him the best. Classy guy.
Leaves room for more in this class. I'm ok with that. They may get to the full 28 at this rate.
Maybe if Harbaugh has a sleepover with him he'll stay...
That whole crootin' story is just so creepy

####.

WIllie Henry is going pro.
Next man up I guess :unsure:
He is not projected to go that high, so not sure it was the best move. But I wish him the best. Classy guy.
Leaves room for more in this class. I'm ok with that. They may get to the full 28 at this rate.
Maybe if Harbaugh has a sleepover with him he'll stay...
That whole crootin' story is just so creepy awesome
Fixed that for you

Chances Harbaugh causes a Urban heart attack?

93%

Although how can a soulless ruffian who made a deal with the devil even have a heart? I don't get it.

Really don't like how this Swensen thing went down at all. :thumbdown: The kid handled it with pure class though :thumbup:
Yup. Seems pretty shady by Michigan.
Not good. I am not sure 1 guy in a 30 person class was worth the bad pub.
And it's just not the right way to treat a kid. At the least, they should've let him know a few months ago.

I hope there's more to this story but it doesn't look good.
Sounds like they tried to tell him months ago, but he didn't take the hint.

Who knows.

Really don't like how this Swensen thing went down at all. :thumbdown: The kid handled it with pure class though :thumbup:
And it's just not the right way to treat a kid. At the least, they should've let him know a few months ago.

Seems like a lot of fans have posted to the kid giving him the support :thumbup:

Of course there are a few "they can leave on signing day, what's the big deal?" idiots out there...mostly getting shouted down as they should be.

Sounds like they tried to tell him months ago, but he didn't take the hint.

Who knows.
Sorry....hints aren't trying. You don't try here...you flat out tell him and leave no ambiguity whatsoever.

What is the scoop on the Swenson kid - He is the 15th ranked OL in the country and #2 recruit in Illinois - His response makes him look like a class act. Why wouldn't they want him? What are the missing details here. I'm a big Harbaugh fan, but something here doesn't add up.

Users who are viewing this thread