What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (3 Viewers)

I only have a vague understanding of what happened here. Something about Molly, EDC, and "crackin." But I get the BJ part and the general gist.

Good update. :thumbup:

That's a fine Vegas trip... except for that whole cleaing your act up part. But nonetheless good work on the action.

What are EDC and XS?
Not sure what XS is but I'm pretty sure EDC is widely considered the largest dubstep/techno kiddie festival in the U.S. The whole dubstep culture seems to be filled with complete morons. How guys like Avicii and Skrillex get paid millions to do these gigs and basically just hit "play" on a laptop with prerecorded tracks is insane.

Oh, so it's a dubstep festival. Now I totally understand. :mellow:
:lmao: Essentially it consists of:

1) 20 something year old European dude wearing headphones plays music on his laptop.

2) Thousands of drugged out kids get really sweaty and dry hump each other.

The girls wear practically nothing and are usually hot/slutty, but I guess I'm just an "old fogey" as the whole scene seems pretty ######ed to me. :shrug:

With Sunday being our last day we had to make sure it was done right. We arrived back at our hotel around 0700 and fell asleep until 1030 and I woke everyone up so we can head to Rehab. Had a quick breakfast, everyone got ready, and as we were getting ready we heard a knock on our door. My GB went to open it and it was one of the girls (Filipina chick) that came with our supplier the day before and her friend (Latina chick). She said she had "lost" her sunglasses and was looking for them. She didn't look for them for long as we started drinking and partying. After a few drinks and her snuggling up next to me, I told her we should look for her glasses in the bathroom. She obliged, we went into the bathroom, and I was able to make out with her and get a BJ. When we got out my friends had the Latina chick topless and giving them lap dances. We had already bought pre-sale tickets for rehab and didn't want them to go to waste so we kicked the skanks out and then left.was actually her friend dancing the daybed: a cute Asian in a two piece, with a nice thickness you don't usually get from Asians.... that was until I noticed she was missing a hand.We finally arrive to the last night of EDC around 2230. My friends and I have generally stuck to booze and weed as our substances of abuse, but for EDC we decided we need needed to try Mollies. We were planning to drop all weekend but Friday my friend couldn't get in and Saturday the winds KO'd the show. So tonight was our night, a bunch of mdma virgins. We each popped 2 pills and holy crap.... I now know why Electronic Dance Music and raves are so damn popular. Music that I previously found barely tolerable, was ####### amazing. Combine that with the energy from the crowd, the theatrics, and we were hooked on the EDC experience. Girl-wise I danced with a few girls, but during the peak of my high, I was particularly ballsy and was able grope some white chicks #### for awhile (she was obviously rolling as well).
You need to focus your storytelling on the good parts and then possibly fill in some of the fluff later.

Oh, so it's a dubstep festival. Now I totally understand. :mellow:
:lmao: Essentially it consists of:

1) 20 something year old European dude wearing headphones plays music on his laptop.

The girls wear practically nothing and are usually hot/slutty, but I guess I'm just an "old fogey" as the whole scene seems pretty ######ed to me. :shrug:
Meh, no dumber than Woodstock.

With Sunday being our last day we had to make sure it was done right. We arrived back at our hotel around 0700 and fell asleep until 1030 and I woke everyone up so we can head to Rehab. Had a quick breakfast, everyone got ready, and as we were getting ready we heard a knock on our door. My GB went to open it and it was one of the girls (Filipina chick) that came with our supplier the day before and her friend (Latina chick). She said she had "lost" her sunglasses and was looking for them. She didn't look for them for long as we started drinking and partying. After a few drinks and her snuggling up next to me, I told her we should look for her glasses in the bathroom. She obliged, we went into the bathroom, and I was able to make out with her and get a BJ. When we got out my friends had the Latina chick topless and giving them lap dances. We had already bought pre-sale tickets for rehab and didn't want them to go to waste so we kicked the skanks out and then left.was actually her friend dancing the daybed: a cute Asian in a two piece, with a nice thickness you don't usually get from Asians.... that was until I noticed she was missing a hand.We finally arrive to the last night of EDC around 2230. My friends and I have generally stuck to booze and weed as our substances of abuse, but for EDC we decided we need needed to try Mollies. We were planning to drop all weekend but Friday my friend couldn't get in and Saturday the winds KO'd the show. So tonight was our night, a bunch of mdma virgins. We each popped 2 pills and holy crap.... I now know why Electronic Dance Music and raves are so damn popular. Music that I previously found barely tolerable, was ####### amazing. Combine that with the energy from the crowd, the theatrics, and we were hooked on the EDC experience. Girl-wise I danced with a few girls, but during the peak of my high, I was particularly ballsy and was able grope some white chicks #### for awhile (she was obviously rolling as well).
You need to focus your storytelling on the good parts and then possibly fill in some of the fluff later.
Sorry. Put it together in the few moments before crossfit and I have work tonight. Been doing a good job of keeping myself busy.I'll update about the wedding when I have time tomorrow. It just passed this weekend. Tomorrow will be my first day off with nothing planned in two weeks. Still have errands to run but should be able to update.

Doesn't this pretty much describe youth culture for every generation since the 60's?
This is true. And I'm not above some sweaty dry-humping action. I guess it's just the "music" that bothers me. Or that everyone I've met who is into it is usually a #####.I probably am just getting old though. :unsure:
Oh make no bones about it... a lot of the candykids are massive tools. The folks that overdo it are a lot like those douchebags that you see walking down bourbon street with $600 worth of beads around their necks. They think they're kings of the local currency but everyone around them feels sorry for their pathetic asses. That said, the rave scene comes from a good place at it's core and once you've seen a true turntablist in action you'll have a whole new respect for the genre.

but it gives you an idea how hard some of the true turntablists are working back there. There are certainly some "press play" guys on the scene but most of those who are the best at what they do get there by busting their asses and doing a great job of connecting withe the crowd in the same way a traditional musician does. I've been out of the scene for a long time, but I've been lucky enough to see a lot of badasses in my time from big names like Fatboy Slim, Sasha & Digweed, DJ Shadow etc... down to some of the lesser known folks like Aphrodite, Diesel Boy, and such. Hell I once got to see Paul Oakenfold spinto a crowd of less than 100 people, and I was literally on the rail watching the guy work. He gets a rap for being corporate, but the guy knows what the #### he's doing back there. As far as the drugs go... meh... E for this group is the same as Herb/Acid for the 70's crew or cocaine for the 80's. Every generation has their vices. Used responsibly they each enhance the party. Used irresponsibly, they turn folks into morons. That truth stands the test of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is this UniAlias anyway? Where does he get off making fun of bad hygiene and horrible taste in "music"?

He makes me soooo mad. I just want to dunk on his big fat stupid skull.

'UniAlias said:
'Steve Tasker said:
What are EDC and XS?
Not sure what XS is but I'm pretty sure EDC is widely considered the largest dubstep/techno kiddie festival in the U.S. The whole dubstep culture seems to be filled with complete morons. How guys like Avicii and Skrillex get paid millions to do these gigs and basically just hit "play" on a laptop with prerecorded tracks is insane.
Ummm...they do a ####load more than just hit "play".

'[icon] said:
'Copeman said:
Klaatu barada nicotino.
Army of Darkness?Great update, No. 16 ! :thumbup:Now what's this feud between my GB [icon] and my fellow Steelers fan Copeman? Do I need to broker a truce here?
He got upset that I didn't like his little beanbag game (cornhole) and threw every stereotype (name calling) my way based on where I live (Pittsburgh) and my avatar. It really hurt me. Bad. :mellow: :shrug:

The Wedding....

This was the event I had been looking towards and putting all my energy an effort into the past 6 months. I never stated it out loud, didn't think about it all the time, and didn't put it as the main focus of my life because it just wouldn't be healthy to my psyche but this meeting, this night, was always something in the back of my head.

I worked out hard because I wanted to show her I could have a personal trainer body.

I planned as many cool trips as possible to show her I wasn't the "boring" guy she left.

I went out as much as I could and took pictures with as many women as possible to show her that I didn't need her in my life.

Everything, I had been doing for the past 6 months was so that on this night I could prove to her I wasn't the man she left. That I was different. Truthfully, I'm not sure what I wanted or expected out of this night. Should I be nice to her? Should I give her the cold shoulder? Should I try to #### her? #### someone else? With my life being busy I didn't have time to consult with the FFA. I had asked my friends in a drunken stupor the night before the wedding, so the quality of the advice was not reliable. So it was up to me.

The only thing I did know was that I wanted her to know that she ####ed up. That she made a huge mistake leaving me.

The morning of the wedding was a beautiful one here in California. Weathermen predicted the temperature in the 90s, with true blue skies and no clouds, and they were right. I had gone out the night before with a group of friends so when my phone rang at 0900, my mind jolted awake and clumsily guided my hand to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Hey, I'll pick you up at 1130 and we'll get ready at the hotel before the wedding" my friend Rusty said.

"What time is the wedding? I partied last night... I think I'm, just gonna go to the reception at 1730."

"That's messed up. You should go. I'll pick you up at 1130."

I slowly got my ### out of bed, but once I realized I had yet to even pick out my outfit I started to haul ###. I had gone to the store the night before and bought $500 dollars worth of shirts, ties, and bowties. I had gone after working 4 hours overtime and only had 2 hours the night before to decide on an outfit. In the past 7 years, I always had her as a 2nd opinion. Now alone, expecting me to pick an outfit in 2 hours is madness. So my brilliant plan was to buy a bunch of stuff and try it on in the comfort of my own home then return what I didn't use. Well, my plan did give me more time.... 30 whole minutes. Actually, less if you count the time needed to launder the shirt and shower. I was determined to look perfect today.

Luckily, my Dad woke up and the man who taught me how to dress up and take pride in my clothing helped me sort through the dozens of combinations I tried. We had settled on a top 3 shirt and neckwear combo to go with my dark charcoal suit: a light pink shirt with thin white plaid stripes matched with a cotton pink bow tie with fine white and black stripes, a white shirt with blue plaid paired with a solid silk navy tie, and a red pinstripe shirt and solid red silk tie. Eventually we settled on the red pinstripe shirt and red tie combo at around 1100. I really wanted to wear a bowtie...she hated when I wore a bowtie, but that red shirt/red tie combo just "clicked" for me...maybe it was my subconscious trying to cater to her.

With the decision made, it left me 30 minutes to pack my luggage (we would be staying the night in a hotel), shower, style my hair with a side part that would make Don Draper proud (a hair style she hated since it made me look old), and eat a quick breakfast.

My friend picked me up and we drove to the hotel. Like old buddies we caught up on what has been going on with our lives. We had known each other since the 2nd grade so although we don't hangout much now, the conversation is always easy. Not once during the 30 minute card ride do we bring up my ex... hell we were busy recounting our recent conquests of Vegas, but in the back of my mind a slight anticipation was building.

We got to the hotel around 1200 with our HS friend John watching the soccer game on TV. We had about an hour to go before we left for the wedding and were waiting for one other friend so we did what anyone else would do before mass.... take some shots of Jameson. With the prospect of being in a suit for the next 12 hours, we obviously waited until the last moment to get ready. I took extra time in making sure my shirt was pressed nicely, ironing it twice. I made my tie, and re-made my tie until the tip just barely hit my belt buckle and the knot width was just right. My white pocket square was carefully placed so that the peak was dead center. I had to look like million bucks and with the time I spent..... I did.

Before, we got to the car anticipating the midday California sun, I put on my tortoise Carrera sunglasses and Rusty, John, our friend AJ, and myself loaded into the car on our way to the wedding. There's no feeling like feeling like the best looking guy in a group. Rusty was a good looking guy, but his suit was ill fitting. John talked as if he knew how to dress his fat pudgy body, but in a suit he still looked fat and pudgy. AJ had the style down, but he didn't have the smoothness and confidence to pull it off without looking like he was trying too hard. They're my friends, I don't mean to put them down... but when she sees me next to these guys it would be hard not to look good.

The car stopped in the church parking lot and we reached the church. We made our way towards the church and there it was the first sign of her.... her car.

"She's here already" I said to no one in particular.

"Who?" Rusty asked.

"Alyssa."

"What? I didn't know she was going to be here. You ok?"

"Yah. They were college friends. I'm fine. I'm over her."

"Is she going to be with the new guy?"

"No, I talked to Sara and she didn't give either of us +1."

Inside, I was far from being as cool as I thought I sounded. My heart was beating and I could feeling a tightness just grip my stomach as we neared the church door. I stepped in, took off my sunglasses, dipped my hand in the holy water, and gave myself the sign of the cross as I had done thousands of times before. I walked down the aisle and finally after nearly 6 months without seeing her...there was her long black hair that I had once run my fingers through. With our mutual friends sitting behind her I had no choice but to sit there. The commotion finally got her attention and she turned to the side and we made eye contact. As I passed all the friends in her aisle, I gave the women that awkward sitting/bending side hug and the men a firm handshake. Once I reached her, her face remained neutral no smile, no visible distress... I just gently rested my hand on her bare shoulder and said, "HI". I moved on and took my seat. The tightness disappeared, my heart rate slowed, and I was relaxed again.

She looked just the same as she did before. Always the most beautiful woman in the room. Her skin was smooth, silky, and the perfect shade of brown. Her figure remained slim. Nothing I hadn't seen before... except for one thing.... the color of her dress. She wore coral. We had gone to numerous events together that required dressing up and I always encouraged her to wear coral. I knew she would looking beautiful in it. Hell for our 3rd anniversary dinner, I bought her a coral dress to wear, but she wouldn't wear it and wore a teal dress instead. For someone as beautiful as she was, she didn't like to wear bright colors. Her wardrobe consisted of blues, purples, grays, and blacks. So I found it a bit funny that after 7 years she finally wears a coral dress after breaking up with me and you know what.... I was right. She looked damn good.

The mass passed without us even exchanging glances, but then came the "Peace be with you" time in church. What was going to happen here? I asked myself. I quickly turned to the aisle behind and shook hands and exchanged hugs with everyone I could. Then I did the same with those next to me and those in my 10 o'clock direction. When I had exhausted all possibilities, there she was.... facing me. Our eyes met as if to make sure neither of us would burn the other in such a public manner and when they came to an agreement, we exchanged a simple handshake and "Peace be with you."

Funny thing to say to someone who betrayed your trust, ripped your heart out, and completely destroyed everything you thought you knew about life and love. It was said, but I'm not sure if I really meant it, though a small smile broke into her face. That was the last of our interaction at the church. The wedding progressed our friends exchanged vows, tied the knot, kissed, and looked like the happiest people on Earth. I wanted that feeling again... hell that was supposed to be us next year. We lounged around the church afterwards taking pictures and catching up with people we hadn't seen in years. Alyssa and I were always close to one another, but we never talked..it was as if each was waiting for the other to break the ice. Being stubborn or maybe afraid, neither of us did.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Now alone, expecting me to pick an outfit in 2 hours is madness.Luckily, my Dad woke up and the man who taught me how to dress up and take pride in my clothing helped me sort through the dozens of combinations I tried.
:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread