What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Herron, Cyrus Gray, Dwayne Allen (1 Viewer)

steveb1164

Footballguy
Can anyone shed some light on the pluses and minuses of these players and how you would rank them for a PPR dynasty league?

I like Herron as a late sleeper pick, remember the Law firm is solid but very average, and Scott has never proven anything it might take 2 or 3 years but I think Herron ends up being the guy.

I don't know alot about Gray.

Allen is going to be ok, he will probably start alot this year because he is a mucher better blocker than Fleener, but Fleener will see more targets. I think Allen is a going to be a good nfl player that does everything good but nothing great, and will have very little impact on fantasy football other than the spot start because of injury or bye weeks. Think along the lines of Tony Scheffler.

I wrote those on Dan Herron a few weeks ago....

As most dynasty drafters like to do especially late in rookie drafts it is finding that hidden gem and crossing your fingers that they end up working out and contributing in some way to your team.

I have had some success picking late round rb's in my rookie drafts and not because I am some awesome scout but by pure luck. I drafted Arian Foster in the 6th round of my rookie draft a few years ago, and also drafted Blount late the 5th round of a draft and both guys have had some success. The problem is trying to be patient with these guys after you have picked them. I actually dropped Foster when he was sent to the practice roster of the Texans and he was picked up by someone else in my league. After learning my lesson I kept Blount even though he was cut by the Titans and then I was rewarded as he was picked up by the Bucs and had a good year 2 years ago with them.

This year my late round flier pick that I drafted is Dan Herron who I picked in the 5th round of my rookie draft and feel he is one of those guys who could be a solid NFL RB. Nothing about his game jumps out at you, but he does everything fairly well and in turn may have a chance at some point with the Bengals.

Herron is basically a lock to make the team even though he is a 6th round pick as he only has to beat out Pearmen who has proven to not be a very good player. BJGE will open up as the number 1, and the change of pace role goes to Scott who at 28 years of age has shown very little as a pro.

Herron has very good RB measurables at 5'10 and 213 lbs. At the NFL combine Herron had a very good 3 cone drill at 6.97 (9th at the combine) and just for refernce sake Wilson this year had a 7.09 (13th) and Martin had a 6.79 (3rd).

Herron had the 3rd best shuttle time for RB's at 4.04, the 7th best bench press at 22 and although his broad jump and vertical jump were middle of the pack he does show some wiggle with his size.

He didin't run a blazing forty at 4.66, but neither did Foster who ran a 4.68 when he was signed as an udfa by the Texans. I am not saying Herron is like Foster as a player but only comapring them as late round fliers.

Wood is the only FBG to rank Herron so far as he has him as the 6th best rookie RB and actually as the 15th pick overall in rookie drafts (obviously he is high on him).

Herron has signed a contract with the Bengals already and they like his ability to be a 3 down guy as it is said he is a good blocker. Now he will have to start by contributing on special teams to make the game day roster, but he is my late round flier pick in rookie drafts this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then Pete Johnson is an idiot and his fandom for OSU Buckeyes clouds his judgement, therefore, he should never be mentioned on this site again. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread