What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

I wonder is he has the site Jaywalking being illegal bookmarked on his desktop?

Pretty sure that the powers that be prosecute jaywalking and possession of marijuana (in states where its legal) at about the same rate.
Doesn't change the fact that it's against the law. If the post had been about prosecuting for breaking this law, you'd have a point, but it wasn't, and you don't.

Would the new rule wipe anybody else's slate clean (Justin Blackmon) and if so are they attractive targets for acquisition?

Taking this back onto a FF track, has anyone made any trades involving Gordon?

I'm thinking of packaging Gordon and a WR2 for a WR1. That way you upgrade your WR2 spot no matter what regardless of Gordon outcome. Seems like smart asset management to me.
I just got offered Vjax and Ingram for Gordon/Hunter. I prob should take the sure thing Vjax, but going to reject it I think.

I'm thinking of packaging Gordon and a WR2 for a WR1. That way you upgrade your WR2 spot no matter what regardless of Gordon outcome. Seems like smart asset management to me.
I just got offered Vjax and Ingram for Gordon/Hunter. I prob should take the sure thing Vjax, but going to reject it I think.
Oh see that's exactly the type of trade I would want to make as a Gordon owner.

Not a bad trade at all, and I probably shouldn't pass it up. However, I am pretty deep at WR, so I am going to take the gamble on Gordon getting reinstated, as his upside is Calvin Johnson/Demaryius Thomas.

VJax is a #1?

Was offered Jordy and CJ Mosely in dynasty.

MIMN said:
Henry Ford said:
Bamac said:
Henry Ford said:
MIMN said:
Bamac said:
dagwood said:
Pretty sure its not breaking any federal laws if you use it in a state where its legal. There, now you know. :cool:
Pretty sure you're wrong.
Feel free to follow up with the law. I am confident that even outside those states the laws only refer to possession, sale, cultivation, and sale of paraphernalia. Just get us the facts though and educate everyone.
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/844.htm21 u.s.c. section 844.
Thanks for doing the legwork.
It's a bookmark on my desktop. But I'll still bill you for a quarter hour.
In what way did Josh Gordon violate that? It talks a lot about possession, distribution, etc., correct? Please post the link to the police report showing his arrest for possession of a substance referenced in that.

The DUI is a different story.
You don't have to be arrested in order to have done something illegal.

He tested positive for marijuana, which is relevant evidence of possession. Federal law prohibits possession.

MIMN said:
Henry Ford said:
Bamac said:
Henry Ford said:
MIMN said:
Bamac said:
dagwood said:
Pretty sure its not breaking any federal laws if you use it in a state where its legal. There, now you know. :cool:
Pretty sure you're wrong.
Feel free to follow up with the law. I am confident that even outside those states the laws only refer to possession, sale, cultivation, and sale of paraphernalia. Just get us the facts though and educate everyone.
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/844.htm21 u.s.c. section 844.
Thanks for doing the legwork.
It's a bookmark on my desktop. But I'll still bill you for a quarter hour.
In what way did Josh Gordon violate that? It talks a lot about possession, distribution, etc., correct? Please post the link to the police report showing his arrest for possession of a substance referenced in that.The DUI is a different story.
You don't have to be arrested in order to have done something illegal. He tested positive for marijuana, which is relevant evidence of possession. Federal law prohibits possession.
no prosecutor anywhere would try for a possession charge based on the test results here.

You don't have to be arrested in order to have done something illegal. He tested positive for marijuana, which is relevant evidence of possession. Federal law prohibits possession.
no prosecutor anywhere would try for a possession charge based on the test results here.
That doesn't mean he didn't break the law. And it sure as #### doesn't mean "its not breaking any federal laws if you use it in a state where its legal." which is what I was responding to when I posted the law.

Last edited by a moderator:

VJax is a #1?
I consider him a low end WR1 yeah. I'm in 14 teamer though.

dagwood said:
Pretty sure that even in "states" where legal, it is still mandated "locally" where federal law can still be the law.

Colorado for example, some towns can sell it, but not all. You can smoke it (where legal) in the privacy of your home. Smoke it walking around Rocky Mountain National Park, and you've broken the law, big fine.

P.S. As of Labor Day, Blue Dream was on sale for $287/ounce at the dispensary in Crested Butte, CO... not sure if that's a good price or not, but there you go. :whistle:

No offense. But you are engaging in magical thinking. VJax and Ingram for Hunter (whom I like but is still more potential than reality and is the third WR in his offense) and Gordon (who is still suspended for the year) is a great deal. I don't understand why people are acting like the suspension has been lifted.

ericttspikes said:
B-Deep said:
he may be a nice guy but he is an idiot, and none of this changes that

it just means the browns do not have to be as concerned with him being an idiot because it is less likely to impact them

i say less likely because more DUIs could still bite him on the ###
I see the "idiot" thing thrown around a lot about Gordon. Seems like the problems that are public aren't much different than many 23 year old kids. He drinks and parties. He just needs to mature, and probably could use some mentoring to make better choices.

That is another crazy thing about the punishment doled out by the league. Where is the support and rehabilitation? This is another problem with Goodell and the NFL, even with the domestic abuse policy, there is very little effort in rehabilitation. Fans like to see these players. Players mess up. How about going the extra mile to help and support them? It is crazy just to banish talented players. Fans want to see great athletes play football. Punishment is fine, but the absence of league support to help rehabilitate them is just insane. Take their game checks, don't let them play, but don't let them remain with the team? Dumb.
he's risked his dream, and millions of dollars, for weed

he's an idiot
Take the money out of the equation. I'd bet 80% of the people here in the 20's and beyond "risked" their lives driving over the limit. Everyone is an idiot.

ericttspikes said:
B-Deep said:
he may be a nice guy but he is an idiot, and none of this changes that

it just means the browns do not have to be as concerned with him being an idiot because it is less likely to impact them

i say less likely because more DUIs could still bite him on the ###
I see the "idiot" thing thrown around a lot about Gordon. Seems like the problems that are public aren't much different than many 23 year old kids. He drinks and parties. He just needs to mature, and probably could use some mentoring to make better choices.

That is another crazy thing about the punishment doled out by the league. Where is the support and rehabilitation? This is another problem with Goodell and the NFL, even with the domestic abuse policy, there is very little effort in rehabilitation. Fans like to see these players. Players mess up. How about going the extra mile to help and support them? It is crazy just to banish talented players. Fans want to see great athletes play football. Punishment is fine, but the absence of league support to help rehabilitate them is just insane. Take their game checks, don't let them play, but don't let them remain with the team? Dumb.
he's risked his dream, and millions of dollars, for weed

he's an idiot
Take the money out of the equation. I'd bet 80% of the people here in the 20's and beyond "risked" their lives driving over the limit. Everyone is an idiot.
sure if he was not risking his nfl career for weed i'd be less likely to call him an idiot

conversely, i had a friend who did not get a good job because he could not pass a piss test....that guy was also an idiot

so if you take the fact that since college he has continually risked his dream career just to get high, then yes, he is not an idiot. But then again, if you take out the nfl he;s a dope smoking car salesman and none of us give a crap

that's an excellent deal in a redraft. Doubt you will get a better offer. Whether you take it or not would be dependent upon what the rest of your roster looks like. Not a good deal in a dynasty. But that's the point I am making. Guys who own Gordon are valueing him as if he will play on Sunday. Which makes trades difficult.

dagwood said:
Pretty sure that even in "states" where legal, it is still mandated "locally" where federal law can still be the law.

Colorado for example, some towns can sell it, but not all. You can smoke it (where legal) in the privacy of your home. Smoke it walking around Rocky Mountain National Park, and you've broken the law, big fine.

P.S. As of Labor Day, Blue Dream was on sale for $287/ounce at the dispensary in Crested Butte, CO... not sure if that's a good price or not, but there you go. :whistle:
legal - check

better regulated - check

taxed - check

all good - check

usage relatively unchanged - check

:gang2: :cool:

that's an excellent deal in a redraft. Doubt you will get a better offer. Whether you take it or not would be dependent upon what the rest of your roster looks like. Not a good deal in a dynasty. But that's the point I am making. Guys who own Gordon are valueing him as if he will play on Sunday. Which makes trades difficult.
I have JG in one league, and If I got that offer I would accept quckly before he changed his mind.

That said, with any offer, there's always the suspicion that somebody found some info that informed the offer...

Vote for overhaul of the policy could come early next week according to recent reports. If Gordon is reinstated & then hit for the drunk driving & is allowed to play even 8 games after the DUI shakes out.... his value will go through the roof and that will be the time to trade him. I own him in practically ever dynasty/keeper league I'm in. I will either trade him at that point or hold him. If he never plays again I can live with that vs. trading him very low. I would kick myself if I moved him now & he comes back & plays this year.

No updates from Mortenson or anybody else today?
Since there is a game scheduled...any talks or votes or updates are essentially tabled until tomorrow
I don't believe "talks" are tabled, simply the ability to vote is tabled as all 32 reps aren't readily available today due to a game. 30 are. We should still hear something today regarding the possibility of a vote tomorrow.

Since there is a game scheduled...any talks or votes or updates are essentially tabled until tomorrow
I don't believe "talks" are tabled, simply the ability to vote is tabled as all 32 reps aren't readily available today due to a game. 30 are. We should still hear something today regarding the possibility of a vote tomorrow.
Essentially there will no announcement one way or the other until tomorrow.

You very well may be right, but I haven't read anything that says the NFLPA and NFL have "stopped talking today" for ANY reason (because there is a game). That's not what is being reported. All that is known is they won't vote today due to availability of ALL 32 player reps.. I expect news of some kind today regarding progress or lack thereof of the talks.

Just curious - are you saying this (VJax+Ingram/Hunter) is a good move because you don't think Gordon will be Top 5 WR from the date he gets back, or because you're not sure he gets reinstated, or both? Because my thought is that VJax & Ingram will be up and down depending on the week, while Gordon is a guy that can win championships.

There hasn't been any substantive FF discussion on Gordon since around Page 37 or so. My only hesitancy is what would (will) happen with Manziel at QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't mean he didn't break the law. And it sure as #### doesn't mean "its not breaking any federal laws if you use it in a state where its legal." which is what I was responding to when I posted the law.
You can't prove possession on the amounts in his test - honestly it leans the other way - not enough in the system to ever have been enough for possession.

So I'm looking for opinions on the following scenario, assuming the reps vote to approve Friday it could only mean a deal had been reached. Given all the recent optimism by major news organizations its seems likely that said deal includes some strong likely hood that the 20 or so players suspensions either will or soon will be res-ended.

Just curious - are you saying this (VJax+Ingram/Hunter) is a good move because you don't think Gordon will be Top 5 WR from the date he gets back, or because you're not sure he gets reinstated, or both? Because my thought is that VJax & Ingram will be up and down depending on the week, while Gordon is a guy that can win championships.

There hasn't been any substantive FF discussion on Gordon since around Page 37 or so. My only hesitancy is what would (will) happen with Manziel at QB.
I am saying that VJax plus Ingram for Hunter and Gordon (discounted for risk of uncertainty surrounding his suspension) is a good deal today. Now whether you accept or not is dependent on the rest of your roster. If you have two other good receivers and can afford to wait for a potential home run of Gordon playing soon then you pass. If you have 0-1 good receivers and would start VJax everyday and your RB's are awful and you could really use Ingram. Then you jump at this offer.

So I'm looking for opinions on the following scenario, assuming the reps vote to approve Friday it could only mean a deal had been reached. Given all the recent optimism by major news organizations its seems likely that said deal includes some strong likely hood that the 20 or so players suspensions either will or soon will be res-ended.
What is your scenario?

And, if reps vote on Friday to accept, then there is a deal.

You very well may be right, but I haven't read anything that says the NFLPA and NFL have "stopped talking today" for ANY reason (because there is a game). That's not what is being reported. All that is known is they won't vote today due to availability of ALL 32 player reps.. I expect news of some kind today regarding progress or lack thereof of the talks.
Actually, let me clarify.... All we know is that "odds are" 2 of the reps wont be able to vote today. Nothing has been tabled today.

My opinion.

A deal will be reached and agreed on either Friday or Tuesday. The only issue is whether the players will be reinstated this week or next.

My opinion only.

Users who are viewing this thread