What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (6 Viewers)

abbottjamesr said:
As long as he's keeping himself in game shape and not eating Doritos on the coach, he should be ok.
I am a Gordon owner and agree with you in theory, but I may not start him the first week back pending my available options come week 12.

I don't get to watch many Browns games, but if feels like the dynamic in Cleveland is different this year and it might not be in Gordon's favor.

abbottjamesr said:
As long as he's keeping himself in game shape and not eating Doritos on the coach, he should be ok.
I am a Gordon owner and agree with you in theory, but I may not start him the first week back pending my available options come week 12.

I don't get to watch many Browns games, but if feels like the dynamic in Cleveland is different this year and it might not be in Gordon's favor.
The dynamic is different BECAUSE of no Gordon...

Will they still run a ton? YES. They have to. Theyre too good at it... Will Cameron get balls? of course.

Thing is... with that run game going, with cameron healthy, w hawkins speeding out the slot, things are actually BETTER for gordon once he returns

abbottjamesr said:

The dynamic is different BECAUSE of no Gordon...

Will they still run a ton? YES. They have to. Theyre too good at it... Will Cameron get balls? of course.

Thing is... with that run game going, with cameron healthy, w hawkins speeding out the slot, things are actually BETTER for gordon once he returns
I hope your right.

Believe the next time would be a 1yr suspension.

Going off memory.
That was my understanding, as well. What I really want to know is how often he's getting tested (still 10 times a month?) and how high the threshold is (50ng/ml?). If the league is doing the crazy testing regimen still, I don't have a lot of faith in him. If they're switching to a more "we don't actually want to catch you, so we'll advertise our tests and make them infrequent so that only major idiots get caught in our net", like they do with the rest of the league, then I'm all aboard the Gordon train.

Going off memory.
That was my understanding, as well. What I really want to know is how often he's getting tested (still 10 times a month?) and how high the threshold is (50ng/ml?). If the league is doing the crazy testing regimen still, I don't have a lot of faith in him. If they're switching to a more "we don't actually want to catch you, so we'll advertise our tests and make them infrequent so that only major idiots get caught in our net", like they do with the rest of the league, then I'm all aboard the Gordon train.
Believe the treshhold is now 35ng/ml

As for frequency of testing, no idea. Would hope they made it much less frequent

His value rises with each week we get closer to his return.

And with Hoyer's continued emergence. (Continued from last year, actually.)

Going off memory.

As for frequency of testing, no idea. Would hope they made it much less frequent
Thanks Soulfly.

I also hope that's the case, although I'm going to retain a little bit of skepticism until I see confirmation.

I gave Gordon & Reggie Bush and got Jordy N.

It is a keep one player league. The team that got Gordon is pretty far out (0-6) of any playoffs. I am middle of the pack (3-3) and need to win now.

Going off memory.

i dunno, if its super frequent, then i think that will dissuade him from smoking anything whereas if they rarely test, he may be more inclined to "risk it."

Going off memory.

i dunno, if its super frequent, then i think that will dissuade him from smoking anything whereas if they rarely test, he may be more inclined to "risk it."
He's failed six tests since he got to college. I think he's going to smoke it either way. I think if the tests are rare and telegraphed in advance, his chances of beating them are much higher.

I got an offer of Gordon for Cook who's my #3WR (start 3WR PPR)
Redraft? Gordon owner is struggling?
Redraft and he's 1st and I'm 3rd.
FWIW, I pulled the trigger on the trade. I went back and looked at Hoyer's 2013 numbers before he was hurt, Gordon's ridiculous 2013 statistics (mostly from Campbell mind you), Hoyer's current #9 QB rating of 99.5, and concluded that there is just to much upside.

Anyone getting/making/accepting trade offers? What's his value TODAY?
in redraft i traded sankey and crabtree for him.

i'm in 2nd place (4-2 record, most points in the league) and traded with the owner in 2nd to last. i have foster, murray, crowell, mckinnon at RB as well as Demaryius and kelvin at WR

He should be in good shape when he comes back....but will take 2 weeks before he is in football shape.....If he can stay injury free the first 2 weeks (no hammy injuries) he should be good to go!

Anyone getting/making/accepting trade offers? What's his value TODAY?
in redraft i traded sankey and crabtree for him.i'm in 2nd place (4-2 record, most points in the league) and traded with the owner in 2nd to last. i have foster, murray, crowell, mckinnon at RB as well as Demaryius and kelvin at WR
A few weeks ago In 10 team redraft league I traded Rivers/Gordon for Rogers. I have Gordon in my 2 other leagues and I'm holding for week 12.

Hes still sitting out there on the wire

I'm trying to trade WR to make room for him, but so far nice dice

Can I drop Decker or V Jackson for him in a redraft?

I'll still have AJ, Jefferery, and Benjamin.

Seriously?

He's out on the wire and you haven't done a George Costanza bull rush pushing old women with walkers and small screaming children out of the way to pick him up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnfbhdELQLA

Seinfeld clip George fire

WR Josh Gordon missed the first two games last year but still wound up the NFL leading receiver.

I would drop Decker, quick.

The other point about Gordon, the Cleveland run game has been firing on all cylinders no matter which of their 3 they use. So it's not like defenses can play the run conservatively and double or put a safety over the top of Gordon. He's going to come back to a very generous (please stay healthy Ben Tate) situation, just not soon enough... I'm just hoping I stave off all these injuries to make it to the post season so i can plug him in.

Going off memory.

Thanks Soulfly.

I also hope that's the case, although I'm going to retain a little bit of skepticism until I see confirmation.
From the joint NFL-NFLPA press release:

Two discipline stages will be added for marijuana positives, as follows: a first violation will result in referral to the substance abuse program, as is the case today. Subsequent violations will result in a two-game fine, a four-game fine, a four-game suspension, a 10-game suspension, and one-year banishment. The new stages are the two-game fine and the 10-game suspension. In addition, the threshold for a positive marijuana test will be raised from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml, reflecting recent actions taken by other testing organizations.
He's already at the 10-game suspension, so yes, one-year suspension next.

Going off memory.

agreed, he is the kind of player that performs better while stoned.

I'm down to $1 in one league and $17 in another (out of $1000 FAAB budget) because of this man. Once I make the playoffs in both, it will all be worth it.

He got dropped in our league last week and noone picked him up.

I NEARLY dropped Roddy White for him. Thank god I didn't! Those 25 points pushed me to 5-2.

So he seems to have very little value in redraft-focused leagues.

Got him right when the news broke that he might be coming back. I haven't won since and have been the highest scored against team by an amazingly wide margin. It's comical how bad my luck has been.

He's like that cursed idol on The Brady Bunch.

I NEARLY dropped Roddy White for him. Thank god I didn't! Those 25 points pushed me to 5-2.

you still need to find a way to get him. Whoever owned him for 6 weeks did most of the heavy lifting for you.

In every single one of my ffpc leagues he was picked up for at least 90% of the budget. He has a ton of redraft value.

Disagree, maybe in inactive leagues

Got him in a 16 tm half pt ppr about to drop to 2-5... Thanks montee ball CJ spiller and cordarelle Patterson

Anyway people are coming after him now but I'm too stubborn to let go... Rather he rot on my bench than let a buddy win some money with him in their lineup

Gordon is going to be a 100% healthy when evey other player is going to be sore and banged up through the grind of an NFL season. He is going to light up the fantasy scoreboards.

did anyone else catch mort during halftime tonight?... he mentioned if the commissioner were to take a game off aldon smiths suspension he could rejaoin the lineup week 9.... mort said it in passing but if smith is going to get a game reduction why the hell not gordon? why would he even speculate that would be possible without having some cource telling him it could be possible?

seemed like an odd thing for mort to say.

did anyone else catch mort during halftime tonight?... he mentioned if the commissioner were to take a game off aldon smiths suspension he could rejaoin the lineup week 9.... mort said it in passing but if smith is going to get a game reduction why the hell not gordon? why would he even speculate that would be possible without having some cource telling him it could be possible?

seemed like an odd thing for mort to say.
Because the drug policy is set by the new CBA agreement, A Smith's suspension is for off field activities (guns, DUI, bomb threat in airport, general knucklehead activities) and the Commissioner has complete discretion in those penalties. So Goodell can reduce or extend the suspension if he has reason to do so. Just speculating, but he may reduce A Smith's suspension due to Smith going through a rehab session during the season last year and missing I believe 4 games.

Users who are viewing this thread