What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

T.Y. Hilton caught 4-of-9 targets for 53 yards in Indianapolis' Week 1 loss to the Jaguars.

His nine targets tied Parris Campbell for the team lead in target share (19.5%). The veteran wideout also lost two catches on the final two plays, dropping a deep shot along the boundary and, on the ensuing snap, a back shoulder comeback. Philip Rivers will take heat for his two boneheaded interceptions that allowed the Jaguars to keep competitive, but Indy's offense was uptempo (6.6 yards per play) and didn't punt, which bodes well for Hilton's long-term outlook. He'll be a low-end WR2 next week against the Vikings.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'm still benching him this weekend for Diggs, Godwin, McLaurin, and Moore in a PPR league. I wonder if father time has just caught up with Hilton...seems he's hurt more than he's healthy the last few years...

Haven't been able to watch a Colts game all the way through yet but just looking at the game highlights and recap videos, it looks like he still has the ability to separate but Rivers just isn't leaning on him like I'd hoped.  I drafted Hilton in one league as my WR3 after going very RB heavy and thought I had an absolute steal, expecting him to be pretty much what Keenan Allen has been but Rivers just isn't using him that way

It's only been two games, so I wouldn't panic yet. With Campbell out for the foreseeable future, I imagine more targets will go Hilton's way. If they don't in the next few games, then I think it's not going to happen for TY this year.

It's only been two games, so I wouldn't panic yet. With Campbell out for the foreseeable future, I imagine more targets will go Hilton's way. If they don't in the next few games, then I think it's not going to happen for TY this year.

T.Y. Hilton caught all three of his targets for 52 yards in Indianapolis' Week 3 win over the Jets.

Philip Rivers and Jacoby Brissett combined for 25 dropbacks in an easy win, limiting Hilton in a run-heavy game script for the second consecutive game. His 52 receiving yards still led the team despite Rivers' propensity to target 10 different receivers. Hopefully the Bears present a challenge in Week 4 so fantasy players can finally reap the rewards of Hilton's services for a full game.

Sep 27, 2020, 8:01 PM ET

Still like Hilton as a buy-low. Don't see this level of defensive success keeping up, and Hilton is basically the last man standing at WR. Hilton hasn't looked like he's lost a step, just has suffered from lack of targets. 

As an owner of some T.Y. Shares, I’d sell him in a minute...he is killing teams that are starting him.  

I do think he will produce at some point in the coming weeks, but have no idea at what level.  Treat as a WR3/Flex going forward.  

As an owner of some T.Y. Shares, I’d sell him in a minute...he is killing teams that are starting him.  

I do think he will produce at some point in the coming weeks, but have no idea at what level.  Treat as a WR3/Flex going forward.  
Absolutely this!

I'm considering just flat out dropping him for HIggins in a 10 team redraft with mandatory 3WRs.  I'm 0-3 mainly because I lost MT and AJB so Hilton and his 4 pts a game are sitting in my WR1 spot...now with the COVID game cancellations and injuries I can't afford to stash him on the bench and pick up more WRs, I'm at the point of "if you're not useful then you gotta be gone"...

Absolutely this!

I'm considering just flat out dropping him for HIggins in a 10 team redraft with mandatory 3WRs.  I'm 0-3 mainly because I lost MT and AJB so Hilton and his 4 pts a game are sitting in my WR1 spot...now with the COVID game cancellations and injuries I can't afford to stash him on the bench and pick up more WRs, I'm at the point of "if you're not useful then you gotta be gone"...
Yep. I benched him last week in a10 team and will again this week

If he doesn’t go off I think I might cut bait

Yep. I benched him last week in a10 team and will again this week

If he doesn’t go off I think I might cut bait
I might have to start him in FFPC dynasty in place of Tyreek if I don’t feel confident by 10am PST tomorrow morning that the KC/NE game will actually happen. Hilton has fallen to the ranks of "emergency starter" and I guess this weekend's situation is turning into an emergency. 

He hasn't had a 100yd game in a really long time. It's been at least 16 games in a row counting playoffs. Maybe he's due. Or maybe he just doesn't have it anymore. 

It usually doesn't end well for WR1 that string together that many games in a row under 100yds. 

T.Y. Hilton caught 3-of-5 targets for 29 yards in the Colts' Week 4 win over the Bears.

The five targets tied Trey Burton for second on the team behind Zach Pascal's eight. A quarter of the way through the season, Hilton is on pace for just 52 catches for 648 scoreless yards. He's been extremely disappointing as an early-round fantasy pick. Hilton won't have things any easier next week against Denzel Ward and the Browns.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:06 PM ET

I know you're just quoting, but:

1. How does he only get 5 targets? What did Hilton do to make Rivers hate him?

2. He won't have it any easier going against the Browns defense that gave up over 500 passing yards this week?

Rivers is beyond cooked.  Really thought TY was going to have a great year but after watching every throw that Rivers made yesterday go wobbling sideways and woefully off target, I no longer have any faith in any Colts WR until he’s gone.

Rivers is beyond cooked.  Really thought TY was going to have a great year but after watching every throw that Rivers made yesterday go wobbling sideways and woefully off target, I no longer have any faith in any Colts WR until he’s gone.
I noticed that too. Seems like Rivers’ throws are like how Dan Quisenberry used to pitch (youngsters can Google that). For a downfield guy like Hilton, that certainly is not a good thing.

Agree.  Rivers is a low end game manger right now.  2020 Colts are a team of field goals and defense.

I mean... Rivers is the same guy he was last year. I never understood the attraction to T.Y. this year, he needs a strong intermediate to deep passer to get the most outta him, which hasn't been Rivers for arguably 2 years. Slot guys and RBs are what he makes look good. The other option is to rewok the O and have Hilton worked closer to the LOS so he can get the work in Rivers' range, and that hasn't happened yet.

Think overall Colts is a run first team behind that good oline.  Play defense.  And only throw out of necessity with Rivers' noodle arm.  Not much different from last year.

I mean... Rivers is the same guy he was last year. I never understood the attraction to T.Y. this year, he needs a strong intermediate to deep passer to get the most outta him, which hasn't been Rivers for arguably 2 years. Slot guys and RBs are what he makes look good. The other option is to rewok the O and have Hilton worked closer to the LOS so he can get the work in Rivers' range, and that hasn't happened yet.
At least for me, the bolded is what I was expecting coming into the season. I was thinking that Hilton would be used in more of a Keenan Allen type way, as he was the only proven route runner on the team. Hilton had begun to be more of that the last couple years anyway, so it was only natural to assume he'd be a higher volume lower YPC option that in years past. 

I don't think Hilton is a drop...yet, as he's been sooooooo close to 2-3 long TD's this year, but he's very hard to trust right now. It just sucks, because it doesn't look like its on Hilton, and the Colts are 3-1 and likely are happy with how things are going, so he's gonna have to make the most of his targets.

I bought into Hilton this year because I thought Rivers is an upgrade over Brisset and the Colts will have a balanced offensive approach similar to LAC.  Boy was I wrong.

If the Colts can win a game 10-6 they are going to be happy with that.

T.Y. Hilton caught 6-of-10 targets for 69 yards in Indianapolis' Week 5 loss to Cleveland.

His yards and targets were both season-high numbers. Hilton commanded a 30.3% target share ahead of Trey Burton (6, 18.1%) but still left meat on the bone for a variety of reasons — one drop, overthrows from Philip Rivers, and a target that turned into a walk-in pick-six for backup S Ronnie Harrison. Meanwhile Marcus Johnson and Ashton Dulin were schemed wide open downfield for a 36- and 34-yard gain from the slot. Simply put, Hilton lacks both the opportunity downfield and raw targets in what will typically be a run-first scheme. He'll be ranked as a WR3 in a softer matchup against Cincinnati next week.

Oct 11, 2020, 8:57 PM ET

Not sure if it’s Hilton, Rivers’ arm, or some combination of the two, but looking like TY  is at the point of being droppable in all formats.

He did have a short TD called back for a penalty, but the point still stands.

T.Y. Hilton caught 1-of-5 targets for 11 yards in the Colts' Week 6 win over the Bengals.

Hilton did have a touchdown negated after an ineligible offensive lineman was caught downfield, but there are only so many excuses one can make before it becomes clear that the 30-year-old lacks explosion and a rapport with Philip Rivers. Meanwhile Marcus Johnson recorded two 20-yard catches to lead the Colts in receiving with 5/108. Hilton has yet to reach 70 receiving yards in any game this year, making him an impasse WR4 until he proves otherwise. Perhaps the Colts will get him more involved underneath when the team returns from its Week 7 bye.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:21 PM ET

Wasn’t his nickname ‘ghost’?

It is appropriate because he has been fairly invisible so far this year.

Not sure if it’s Hilton, Rivers’ arm, or some combination of the two, but looking like TY  is at the point of being droppable in all formats.

He did have a short TD called back for a penalty, but the point still stands.
I'm in the same boat. 

Week after I drop him he will go off, of course

I just moved him for Pollard in a PPR dynasty league. He just can't stay healthy and hasn't produced on a regular basis in what seems like YEARS. Maybe I sold short but feels good to have him off my roster. 

On the one hand, he's still getting separation. On the other hand, he hasn't hit 100+yds since Dec. 2018. In the 19 games since then including playoffs, he's averaging only 50 yds per game. If you look at the career path of any other 30+yo WR1 in the history of the NFL, that's not a good trend. 

He really needs a blowup game, like 150yds and 2TD to show he can still do it. It may come this week against the Lions. 

TwinTurbo said:
On the one hand, he's still getting separation. On the other hand, he hasn't hit 100+yds since Dec. 2018. In the 19 games since then including playoffs, he's averaging only 50 yds per game. If you look at the career path of any other 30+yo WR1 in the history of the NFL, that's not a good trend. 

He really needs a blowup game, like 150yds and 2TD to show he can still do it. It may come this week against the Lions. 
And his yds per catch has dropped like a rock...I couldn't tell you who the QB was in Indy last year, I think I might know but not sure...I am sure however who the QB of Indy was all those years TY Hilton was avg 16-17 yds per catch. I'd like to see Hilton on another team or a solid QB before I write him off completely. 

And his yds per catch has dropped like a rock...I couldn't tell you who the QB was in Indy last year, I think I might know but not sure...I am sure however who the QB of Indy was all those years TY Hilton was avg 16-17 yds per catch. I'd like to see Hilton on another team or a solid QB before I write him off completely. 
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but look at Hopkins with the clown car of QBs before Murray and Watson. 19 games is a long time. Even Zach Pascal had a couple 100yd games for the Colts last season. Marcus Johnson had one last week. 

Picked this gentleman up with a mid 2nd his rookie year and been enjoying ever since.  But I think...it’s time.  Sniff.

Hoh said:
Picked this gentleman up with a mid 2nd his rookie year and been enjoying ever since.  But I think...it’s time.  Sniff.
Never easy to put a WR down.  But you will also have those happy memories. 

T.Y. Hilton (groin) didn't practice Wednesday.

Hilton was a quick rule out after going down in the first half last week. This looks like something that could keep him out, but the Colts may take him all the way to game-time. Coach Frank Reich said Hilton is a "fast healer who doesn't necessarily need practice to play."

SOURCE: The Herald Bulletin

Nov 4, 2020, 12:31 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (groin) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice. 

Back-to-back DNPs following Hilton's quick Week 8 rule out have him looking doubtful to suit up for Sunday's game against the Ravens. With Marcus Johnson (knee) popping up with a "DNP" on Thursday, the Colts could be looking really thin at wideout with Zach Pascal and Michael Pittman leading the way. The Colts are once again going to have to lean on their backfield and tight ends. Hilton will probably be formally ruled out on Friday. 

Nov 5, 2020, 4:50 PM ET

Speaking Tuesday, T.Y. Hilton (groin) said he was "very close" to a return, but he would not commit to suiting up for Thursday night's game against the Titans. 

"But it's up to the coaches and the doctors," was Hilton's diplomatic addendum. Hilton is practicing Tuesday. Hilton missed Week 9 after catching three combined passes in Weeks 7 and 8. The Colts have essentially been employing a three-man receiver rotation in Hilton's absence, with none of Zach Pascal, Marcus Johnson or Michael Pittman pulling away from a targets perspective. Even if Hilton gets cleared for Thursday night's potential shootout, he will be little more than a risky WR4. He has surpassed 53 yards one time all season. 

Nov 10, 2020, 1:15 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread