What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Borderlands 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Drifter

Footballguy
I'll try and update this when I can. In addition to talking about the game, we can keep screen names for searching for people to co-op with.

PS3

driftinj (drifter)

AndyLovesHisBge (newlyretired)

Silverbacks (Silverbacks)

EAbell (belljr)

GenSplatton (TxBuckeye)

JasonSwires (Zartan)

bizerker21 (RGIII HTTR)

cjflinders (cj*)

Hitem20 (Buddy Ball 2k3)

Ren Ho3k (Ren Ho3k)

EAbell (belljr)

Nodnarb518 (Sundays Rule)

orcinus_kc (Orcinus)

broncojack61 (rascal)

Gmanx23 (SoCalBroncosFan)

PC

TheEyeDoc (Mad Cow)

Hitem20 (Buddy Ball 2k3)

cooleyo (Corporation)

SlaX (SlaX)

Zedness (Zasada)

eabelljr (belljr)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not played a ton of coop. Is it better to turn on my bluetooth ear piece before I launch the game or after? I seem to have intermittent problems getting it to work.

I probably won't get to play until next week as it looks like Amazon is not going to ship at least until tomorrow on release day.

I probably won't get to play until next week as it looks like Amazon is not going to ship at least until tomorrow on release day.
Are you not Prime? Prime customers get free release day delivery.For Bluetooth, I have had better luck syncing up before starting the game.

Are you not Prime? Prime customers get free release day delivery.For Bluetooth, I have had better luck syncing up before starting the game.
No, not on prime. Something like this for a procedure? Or do you check something specific to see if synced before launching game?Turn on ps3Turn on Bluetooth Ear pieceLaunch game

No, not on prime. Something like this for a procedure? Or do you check something specific to see if synced before launching game?Turn on ps3Turn on Bluetooth Ear pieceLaunch game
Pretty much. I had enough problems that I'd also go into the PS3 menus and test to make sure it was working in the bluetooth setup.I say "had" because I use a wired surround sound/mic headphone set now.

still kinda on the fence. Never played the first one but the co-op seems fun. Still playing Bf3 and I need to finish Assassin's creed: revelations before 3 comes out in October.

Also waiting for Fifa 13, but if they haven't fixed player progression in career mode, I might need another game to play

still kinda on the fence. Never played the first one but the co-op seems fun. Still playing Bf3 and I need to finish Assassin's creed: revelations before 3 comes out in October.Also waiting for Fifa 13, but if they haven't fixed player progression in career mode, I might need another game to play
No need to be on the fence. The first Borderlands was awesome. The only weakness it had was the story...and I don't think that playing the first one would be required here.

XBOX- cjflinders

I won't be able to play till next week though. Foo fighters and avett brothers show in atlanta on friday night will keep me out till sunday night.

still kinda on the fence. Never played the first one but the co-op seems fun. Still playing Bf3 and I need to finish Assassin's creed: revelations before 3 comes out in October.Also waiting for Fifa 13, but if they haven't fixed player progression in career mode, I might need another game to play
No need to be on the fence. The first Borderlands was awesome. The only weakness it had was the story...and I don't think that playing the first one would be required here.
You should at least mention that it's only awesome if you play with buddies. (IMHO)

You should at least mention that it's only awesome if you play with buddies. (IMHO)
Probably my favorite game ever and I played probably 95% solo.

Probably my favorite game ever and I played probably 95% solo.
:goodposting:I didn't play 95% solo, but I played solo over 50% of the time and I still loved the #### out of it. Granted, I love most loot-based games.

Anyone know if Borderlands 2 will allow for more customization of your character. That was one of the things I think that could have improved the first. The only customizing it had was changing the color of your attire and renaming the character, and no one even saw your character name so that was pointless.

Anyone know if Borderlands 2 will allow for more customization of your character. That was one of the things I think that could have improved the first. The only customizing it had was changing the color of your attire and renaming the character, and no one even saw your character name so that was pointless.
:confused: Did you never use the skill trees?Likely going to be getting this one. Username:JasonSwires

From what ive heard, each character has a few skins and a few heads. There supposedly will also be dlc to add more later.Many of the preorder bonuses were just skins :yucky:

Read the review I linked earlier. They talked about this. Still minimal character customization from a physical aspect. But the skill trees did increase giving more choices on how to build the non physical parts of the character.

In the IGN review video it showed some characters can wear eyepatches and stuff like that, so prob a few little things like that.

In the IGN review video it showed some characters can wear eyepatches and stuff like that, so prob a few little things like that.
Sounds like good news. I'm already in to pick it up in the morning, but I was curious as a friend was telling me today that lack of customization was the reason he wasn't buying this one. :shrug:

Gonna run some SP now. Got the wife the new episode of Downton Abbey to watch so she is occupied.

Ugh, tried playing and there are some issues that need corrected in PC right away. First of all, when you hit play in Steam, in automatically tries to install MC .Net 4.0 every time, even if you already have it. PITA to cancel it out. It took two reboots for me to figure that was broken. Second is there is an audio bug with my setup. Audio stutters badly after every 3 seconds, affecting the video. Given that there is a huge ### cutscene to begin it, it was intolerable. I tried twice and have yet to make it out of that. :hot:

The .NET loop is hitting about everyone. I am updating video drivers to see if that helps with the other.

Not sure if I do pick this up. I'm the King of wanting to play a game, and playing for 2 weeks before I have no more time. I still want to play L4D on the Pc but I'm in bed by 9:30 :bag:

ANywho - Xbox & PS3 - EAbell, steam - eabelljr

Always like co-op

The .NET loop is hitting about everyone. I am updating video drivers to see if that helps with the other.
I played from a shortcut and did not have issues. Already in love with the game and jonesing to play some more. I did have a question since I am not that familiar with steam games. BL2 says I have DLC available, however I can not find a way to down load it from Steam as it says its automatically down loaded. Thoughts?

I played from a shortcut and did not have issues. Already in love with the game and jonesing to play some more. I did have a question since I am not that familiar with steam games. BL2 says I have DLC available, however I can not find a way to down load it from Steam as it says its automatically down loaded. Thoughts?
freaking noobs
I asked the same exact question when I signed up :)
I think by default the setting is set to autoupdate so when you signed in it downloaded.Sometimes the game won't run because it's doing a download and you didn't realize it :bag:I forget where to double check what was downloaded but there is a way to check

Drivers fixed the video and audio issues. Played almost none, but it looks as incredible as ever on pc. Not sure about the bonus items. As for dlc, we have some but it is not yet available like the extra class. Out can be downloaded once available.

Drivers fixed the video and audio issues. Played almost none, but it looks as incredible as ever on pc. Not sure about the bonus items. As for dlc, we have some but it is not yet available like the extra class. Out can be downloaded once available.
Thanks for the info. I made a commando and got sweet pistol after beating the first mini boss, shoots a few tiny acid pellets and takes everything down rather quickly. We going to have a trading group for PC players?

PS3: GenSplatton (main) TxTransplant (backup, likely won't be used).

The onyl way I would use the second one is if for some reason you can't run two concurrent characters on one account. I'll be keeping my co-op and SP characters separate.

Edit to add: I tend to play right after work, about 4:00 pm CST. Any others out there that tend to play earlier rather than later? I get the feeling most of you will be on during prime time hours, and I'll miss out on most.

Is this game more like Call of Duty with a RPG aspect or Skyrim with a first person shooter aspect.

Sounds cool but I just bought NHL 13 on Friday. Dont have time for both

Is this game more like Call of Duty with a RPG aspect or Skyrim with a first person shooter aspect.
It is an over the top action FPS, using cell shading visuals and a lot of humor and arguably more loot than any game I have ever seen. It has skill trees that when you level up, you can build your character a certain way. Think Fallout 3, sped up significantly, using cell shading, with more loot and less talking.

Thanks for the info. I made a commando and got sweet pistol after beating the first mini boss, shoots a few tiny acid pellets and takes everything down rather quickly. We going to have a trading group for PC players?
Sure. I started a gunserker, since I just loved the assault rifles in the previous game. Dual wield ars or smgs? Sign me up!

Sure. I started a gunserker, since I just loved the assault rifles in the previous game. Dual wield ars or smgs? Sign me up!
Love that class. That will be my second for sure.

Just picked my copy up at the base Game Stop. No time to play today, but I'll get 'er installed and patched as necessary. Damn having to wait until tomorrow to really play. It makes me sad. :(

Users who are viewing this thread