What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Graham (knee) got in another full practice Thursday.
Graham is on track to start Sunday's opener against the Dolphins, but his status still can't be taken for granted. The Seahawks have been vague with his health ever since he first went down. If Graham does suit up, he's just a mid-range TE2 until he proves he's back to being the player he was before tearing up his knee.

Sep 8 - 7:17 PM

This guy is quietly practicing in full.  

Is Jimmy Graham a sleeper?  That would be weird.  
Will the Seahawks have him on a snap count on Sunday?

Game flow would be my other concern - assuming the Seahawks are leading in the second half, it will be very likely that they will run the ball to control the clock.

Russell Wilson said he and Jimmy Graham (knee) have been "lights out" working together at practice.
Per Liz Mathews of 710 ESPN Seattle, Wilson has thrown "a ton" of balls to Graham and the two have had "lots of meetings." Graham could sure use the reps following a length recovery from knee surgery. It's still unclear if Graham will play Week 1 against Miami or how effective the tight end will be if he does suit up.

Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter 
Sep 8 - 3:39 PM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jimmy Graham (knee) will play Sunday versus Miami, but will not play a full complement of snaps.
The good news is Graham will be a contributor at all after rupturing his patellar tendon last season. The bad news is his playing time and usage are entirely unclear coming off the toughest injury a football player can suffer. Graham will not be a fantasy option until he shows he's capable of handling at least half of Seattle's weekly offensive snaps. He's just a TE2 stash.

Source: Around the NFL on Twitter 
Sep 11 - 9:24 AM

Graham goes for 6/100/1 in his 3rd game back and there's nobody talking about it?  Or were there too many people calling his demise a little early and can't come back and eat that crow like so many seem to require here in the Shark Pool?

Graham goes for 6/100/1 in his 3rd game back and there's nobody talking about it?  Or were there too many people calling his demise a little early and can't come back and eat that crow like so many seem to require here in the Shark Pool?
I actually called him a sleeper in the "Breakouts/Busts/Sleepers" thread before the season started--and I don't think the silence is about anybody eating crow.  I think it's his first really good game and it was against marginal competition.   Being that he was getting drafted very late--or even going undrafted--in some drafts--I still stand by my preseason projection of him being a decent sleeper.   He could very easily be a low end TE1-high end TE2 by the end of the year. 

:towelwave:

I did post in another Jimmy Graham but he was money in the DFS World this past weekend. I don't usually play 1 guy on multiple tickets but he was one of them. Wish I had paired him with Pryor on a couple more tickets this past weekend but happy to have found what I did. His number moved to 4,000 next weekend, think he was 3,000 this past weekend. 

From an NFL perspective, he did it in 1 half and Wilson got hurt further(not good) and the Niners posed no threat so there was no reason to keep targeting him. Graham and Baldwin plus Wilson makes perhaps their most vertical offense. Also feels like Kearse and Lockett can help keep defenses honest. This team will be rolling in a couple weeks IMO when they get healthy and Rawls is back to where he was a year ago. Don't overlook Seattle because they have everybody exactly where they want them. 

He was even around on some Waiver Wires in a couple leagues, and rightly so. He stunk last year even when he was healthy but it looks different feels different and out of simple desperation to get the offense cranking so maybe that is part of it. In New Orleans he had to produce to help the team stay in games, in Seattle they get 14 on the board and it's time to start running the clock down. I like that they figured out it's best to use him early and often because a lot of times in the 2nd half are nursing leads. Maybe Graham is part of the "Fast Break" to start games. 

There is a ceiling because this isn't New Orleans but he looks great and he is healthy so I'm holding the rosary beads with Nantz and praying for the best.  

The silence is probably more about people being cautious, or cautiously optimistic.  This is the first year I've owned him in any league, having traded for him before the season in my main dynasty league (tye and cook for Graham).  It's great that he had a good game but even with it I'm not sure I feel confident starting him over Ebron.  I'd like to see a couple good games here. 

He looked really good and very involved,  but I never trust Seattle... 

I hope he can keep this up for a few weeks so I can trust him in the lineup. 

Sitting on my wire. I have Ebron but I'm a little loaded with Lions - Stafford/Jones/Ebron. 

Sorely tempted to pick him up but would have to drop my 5th receiver Tyrell Williams. 

If he stays fit what kind of season do people think he can have ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Graham on his way back to being an elite, or at least higher end TE option or was last week just a tease? Lots of moving parts in SEA right now.

I picked him up off the wire but have Olsen.  I think I could flip Graham now for end of roster types in a 14 teamer but have visions of a top 3 and a top 10 TE locked up.  

Sitting on my wire. I have Ebron but I'm a little loaded with Lions - Stafford/Jones/Ebron. 

Sorely tempted to pick him up but would have to drop my 5th receiver Tyrell Williams. 

If he stays fit what kind of season do people think he can have ? 
Funny, in my main dynasty and only redraft I have both jimmy and EE. I'll start EE in both but Jimmy is in as flex in dyno.  

I'm expecting bottom half te1 stats. Similar to Ebron, pitta*, or Witten.  If he has a couple nice games his value will soar with his name.  

I'm trying to decide if RW's injury might actually be good for jimmy. 

Funny, in my main dynasty and only redraft I have both jimmy and EE. I'll start EE in both but Jimmy is in as flex in dyno.  

I'm expecting bottom half te1 stats. Similar to Ebron, pitta*, or Witten.  If he has a couple nice games his value will soar with his name.  

I'm trying to decide if RW's injury might actually be good for jimmy. 
If Wilson is really still hurt then no, it won't be good.  If he can't scramble effectively they'll use blocking TEs and that's not really Graham's thing.  Vannett is finally healthy and both he and Luke Willson are better blockers so I think Jimmy sees less time.

I'd like to be wrong on this because this is such a good story stemming from a really bad injury.

If Wilson is really still hurt then no, it won't be good.  If he can't scramble effectively they'll use blocking TEs and that's not really Graham's thing.  Vannett is finally healthy and both he and Luke Willson are better blockers so I think Jimmy sees less time.

I'd like to be wrong on this because this is such a good story stemming from a really bad injury.
There is another way to look at it. White can't run around so he has to get rid of it quickly and the biggest, closest guy is Graham. The WRs get open when Wilson can run in circles and they can break away from the DBs. He can't do that now.

There is another way to look at it. White can't run around so he has to get rid of it quickly and the biggest, closest guy is Graham. The WRs get open when Wilson can run in circles and they can break away from the DBs. He can't do that now.
That's certainly possible as well.  It's tough to really know because we don't have enough data to say what they will do or how hurt Russell really is.  By media accounts he appears to be fine, but I have a tough time completely buying that...

That's how I want to look at it but that might be overly optimistic. 

So long as he's healthy I've seen enough of graham in the last 2 weeks to start him with confidence vs a jets team that has trouble against the TE 

On my bench behind Olsen who hasnt done jack squat today.

But looks like I may have two top 5 TEs on my hands.  

nice to see him back after being written off by many.  Anyone who drafted him late is going to get some great value.

Again, do I need to start calling people out or are you guys going to come here and eat the crow?  You know who you are...

Got him in,Ike three leagues of the ww. I can't believe it...if he's really back its like finding a $100 on the ground...or something....
I feel the same way. He was an afterthought at the draft and I took him late for the lottery ticket factor with the often injured Orange Julius as my #1.

He's really passing the eyeball test and more importantly, Wilson has figured out how and when to utilize this beast.

Thanks for making that wasted draft pick Coby Fleener expendable Jimmy!

Really good to see Seattle using him as they should. Last years' usage was so weird. If you don't wanna feature the guy, fine, but then why trade the farm to get him? Not like they have elite WRs he has to compete with either.

Over 100 yards two games in a row. That's the kind of TE production you dream about. Especially this year.

Let's hope it continues.  And he stays healthy.  And most of all let's just enjoy the ride!  I'm in an interesting position as I picked up graham and brate off the fa pool 2 weeks ago.  I think have 2 te1 on my squad.  And if graham has another good game after the bye I can probably get great value for him in a trade.   I've already had him packaged in an offer to me in a trade i rejected.  But keep in mind that the rest of your league is watching graham with envious eyes RT now and recalling the graham from NO with Brees.  If you have another good TE you might be surprised what graham can fetch you in a trade.  

Jimmy Graham on the injury report as a DNP. After practicing yesterday. Hip. Possibly related to knee? Veteran day off?  Not good. 

Yeah Friday will tell us.   Damnit,  I really want to flip him for a 1st...  Right now he's actually worth it,  but not if hurt. 

I've been reading the Cardinals have been pretty tough matchup-wise against TEs (however they haven't exactly seen top notch TEs) so I wouldn't necessarily be betting on anything great anyway.  Then again, putting him in there so there's a good seam threat might mean someone like Paul Richardson gets deep or Doug Baldwin/Christine Michael feasts on the short routes.

Source: Lix Mathews on Twitter 
Oct 21 - 5:32 PM

Jimmy Graham - TE -  Seahawks

Coach Pete Carroll said Jimmy Graham (knee, hip) will play in Sunday night's game against the Cardinals.
Graham is dealing with hip soreness, but it's not going to keep him from playing this week. His missed practice Thursday looks like routine maintenance. Graham's heath is a non-issue, but he facing a tough matchup with a Cardinals secondary that shuts down tight ends. He's more of a back-end TE1 for Week 7.

Source: Sheil Kapadia on Twitter 
Oct 21 - 5:18 PM

Users who are viewing this thread