• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

It's time for an $OESX trade again. Great company, very prudent. The trading action on this thing has been a decline the week or 2 weeks before earnings, then they report, then a day lag, and then a run. These guys are executing and I expect them to announce more big contracts - earnings are 2/8.

• Like 1
Just now, BassNBrew said:

UUUU up 13% today.  I've been selling 25-33% in this range and then reacquiring on the dips below $4.

been doing same, though I missed buying on the dip this am. 

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

No. I was the one confused. Sometime I mix up bear/bull 

Ah.  That's why I was confused too and decided to pass 🤣

Now I'm dippingg toe at $59.66

Edited by KGB
7 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

Annoyed Vanguard wouldn't let me buy SFIO last Friday.

Annoyed Vanguard is the name of my Elvis Costello tribute band

7 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

It's time for an $OESX trade again. Great company, very prudent. The trading action on this thing has been a decline the week or 2 weeks before earnings, then they report, then a day lag, and then a run. These guys are executing and I expect them to announce more big contracts - earnings are 2/8.

You can sell some $10 February 19 puts for $1.00-$1.05. That's pretty good, it will be $12 by then.

1 hour ago, GROOT said:

Would it be crazy expect people cash to out GME and move to AMC?

This was my thought a few weeks ago.  I posted it here.  We shall see.  I killed it on amc so I got it, but am down on BB so far

• Like 1

I don't think it's over.  I've heard that it's over a dozen times by now, just like we heard a thousand that today was going to be blood red as the market soars yet again.  Short interest numbers can be manipulated and we've already seen them outright lie about their positions, and it's holding pretty well considering retail still can't even buy it on the platforms most of them have their money in yet.

I'm HODLing some more, but I have a good average and am willing to lose all the paper profits in the end if it comes to that.  Pure gamble.

ETA: today's "sell off" was as MM manufactured as it gets too. Same size blocks selling on the same time frame stopping just short of tripping circuits to let it cool down until the circuit moved to the next level down, etc. 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I don't think it's over.  I've heard that it's over a dozen times by now, just like we heard a thousand that today was going to be blood red as the market soars yet again.  Short interest numbers can be manipulated and we've already seen them outright lie about their positions, and it's holding pretty well considering retail still can't even buy it on the platforms most of them have their money in yet.

I'm HODLing some more, but I have a good average and am willing to lose all the paper profits in the end if it comes to that.  Pure gamble.

It ain't over til the stonk lady sings

-QG

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5
2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Are you talking about SFIO?

1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

I have more FLGT than AAPL now, this is bonkers. I have a LOT of AAPL.

Currently in overall percentage of portfolio:

$SE

$FLGT

$AAPL

$CRWD

$AXON

$MSFT

lol

There was a time I was concerned about the % of my portfolio AAPL made up. Then DOCU blew past it. #empathy?

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

lol

There was a time I was concerned about the % of my portfolio AAPL made up. Then DOCU blew past it. #empathy?

This was even after I trimmed a little (12.5%) to buy $TER. $FLGT didn't care, just said "Oh really?"

15 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I have more FLGT than AAPL now, this is bonkers. I have a LOT of AAPL.

Currently in overall percentage of portfolio:

$SE

$FLGT

$AAPL

$CRWD

$AXON

$MSFT

Let me guess...AMZN was number one but Bezos has tanked it to number 12...

• Laughing 2
2 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Let me guess...AMZN was number one but Bezos has tanked it to number 12...

Don't own it. It's a large part of 2 out of 3 of my 401K mutual funds but SE and ETSY are my e-commerce boos.

• Love 1
Just now, Wild Young Billy said:

Is FLGT at it's peak or is there still room for growth?

TONS of room for growth. The recent run is crazy and it needs to calm down and pull back, a lot, but they were a small cap until last week.

• Thinking 1
54 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

@-OZ- KR down 3% today.  Good time to start accumulating the shares we sold.

:)

Are you selling SE today?

19 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

ftr: Don't Google TER from work

I did, thrice.

Just now, -OZ- said:

:)

Are you selling SE today?

I'm going to sit tight on SE and start selling again in the 240s.  The pattern has been new high and then pullback.  Will add on any 5%+ pullback from here.  I'm at my base amount of shares, 3%-4% of my portfolio.  I'm much more conservative than most here and don't want to be anywhere north of 5% on SE.  I'm may lose some ground if the bull continues to run by moving money from SE to KR, but if we get that 10% pullback, SE will drop much more than KR.  KR reports in a month and assuming a flat market I see a 10% upside again by then.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

TONS of room for growth. The recent run is crazy and it needs to calm down and pull back, a lot, but they were a small cap until last week.

Yep. FLGT feels like one I don't have enough of yet. Still helping power my Roth to 17% YTD :thumbup: 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I don't think I'd buy it here, though. Not after the run it has had. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, but I have to think there's an opportunity to get it cheaper in the next week.

:broken record: Don't wait for a pullback that might not happen if you're a long term investor. Buy a third now and wait until earnings or something. A pullback is likely but not 100%. May as well get a little now in case the bull run continues, but start small in case it takes a breather.

Edited by McBokonon
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I don't think I'd buy it here, though. Not after the run it has had. Maybe I'll turn out to be wrong, but I have to think there's an opportunity to get it cheaper in the next week.

What stock are you talking about here?

All of them?

@urbanhackto follow up on a couple of names I have in my PA for income, I like Ben Franklin Resources (BEN) which is trading at $26 and throws off 4.26% yield.  Stock tends to stay in its lane though it dropped to $14 when stocks crashed last year but has rallied since.  And, since I know you to be a man of high integrity and a heart of gold, this might resonate with you:

SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Franklin Templeton is pleased to announce its receipt of a perfect score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), the nation’s premier benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality. Franklin Templeton earned top marks in the national survey for the fourth consecutive year and was designated as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.

Anyhow, if you're looking for stocks that aren't going to be subject to wild swings (ordinarily) and will pay you each quarter a cash dividend, you could do a lot worse than BEN.

Another one I own is People's United Financial (PBCT) and is a little cheaper at $13.57 but has a juicy 5.27% yield.  Not sure how they are graded by our LGBTQRSTUV friends, but there's a couple of stocks I use for income to go along with things I don't know what they do.

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
19 hours ago, cosjobs said:
19 hours ago, JAA said:

This is why I believe BB can be next.  I dont think AMC has the fundamentals.

I see those two opposite of you. Not that I know much about them at all and should be listened to. But I have owned both recently and dumped the BB and rode AMC to minor fortunes.

All of my plays are based in companies I /could/ hold long term.  None of my plays are short term dumps.  For that, I dont like the AMC balance sheet.  I forget how many billion they pay in simply rent.

Made 2 plays today, 1 just for fun

Date/Time 	Description	Amount 	Commission 	Reg Fee 	Details	
02/01/2021  10:52:01	Bought 1 GME @ 236.9999	-237.00		0.00		0.00		
02/01/2021  11:11:56	Bought 335 BB @ 14.2236	-4,764.91		0.00		0.00		

The GME I so I can say DIAMOND HANDS ... pure LOOK AT ME

I watched BB this morning and it played out the way I thought, though I didnt have the balls to buy at the open.  I figured it would dip in the early hours as everyone was afraid and start to rally at lunch.  It started rallying a little early so I jumped when I saw green.  Still moving a bit today, but this ape is holding to the moon, WSB FOR LIFE!!1!!11!

PS - forgot to add, my hope is BB to 20 by Friday.  There are a ton of calls out from 15-20 till the end of the week.  Im hoping to see a continued squeezer this week.

Edited by JAA
  • Laughing 1