What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (25 Viewers)

I bought some more FLGT. :bag:

Going to play around with the volatility on this lot, though, I think. We'll see how it reacts after today, but I'm thinking I'll use it to try to accumulate some "free" shares over time.

Amazon doubles their EPS estimate and is barely up after hours. 
Here are the results: 

Earnings: $14.09 vs $7.23 per share forecast by Refinitiv

Revenue: $125.56 billion vs $119.7 billion forecast by Refinitiv

@stbugs I won't dig for the post, but this was the number I posted.

@cappella Pretty much a utility stock sans the dividend.

And I never get earnings trades right.  I like trading options only because I'm a lowdown degenerate gambler when all is said and done.  I figured FB would blow out earnings, which they did, but they announce AAPL as a competitor and stock doesn't lift off.  AMD had an unreal quarter, and they announced a 37% increase in EPS going forward.  Like 1 company out of a 100 gives guidance this year and AMD gets hammered.  So stupid.  AMD should be at about $125 right now. FB $300.  To be perfectly honest, I think NVDA could be at $700+ easy.  They'll probably announce an unreal quarter and get hammered.  stupid.

"Revenue at AWS climbed to $12.7 billion from $9.95 billion a year earlier, below the $12.83 billion consensus estimate among analysts polled by FactSet."

And they're (AWS) losing their leader.

Amazon doubles their EPS estimate and is barely up after hours. 
I think the Bezos change probably scares people but he’s probably been planning this. Jassey is the perfect guy for the job. Well liked, has been head of AWS forever and is Bezos’ right hand guy. Honestly, I don’t think it changes anything.

Great results overshadowed, but the stock will run. 

Here are the results: 

Earnings: $14.09 vs $7.23 per share forecast by Refinitiv

Revenue: $125.56 billion vs $119.7 billion forecast by Refinitiv

@stbugs I won't dig for the post, but this was the number I posted.

@cappella Pretty much a utility stock sans the dividend.
Dividend stocks don’t have 44% revenue growth for the quarter. $385B in revenue for 2020, 37.5% complete year over year growth. That’s impressive growth for one of the world’s largest companies. That’s faster growth than some of the tech stocks I own that sell for 20-30-40 times revenue. Amazon is at a little over 4 times revenue. Not saying they should trade at a higher multiple just that they aren’t close to slowing down to be a dividend play.

"California’s $441 billion public pension fund increased its stake in bitcoin miner Riot Blockchain (RIOT) nearly sevenfold in last year’s Q4 amid the meteoric run-up in the price of bitcoin.

California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) held 113,034 shares in RIOT worth over $1.9 million at the end of 2020, according to Tuesday filings. That's up from Q3 2020, when CalPERS' 16,907 RIOT shares were worth a comparatively minuscule $49,000.

The largest public pension fund in the U.S. had been holding firm on its nearly 17 thousand RIOT shares since acquiring them during the bull run in late 2017. That position seldom varied until now."

"California’s $441 billion public pension fund increased its stake in bitcoin miner Riot Blockchain (RIOT) nearly sevenfold in last year’s Q4 amid the meteoric run-up in the price of bitcoin.

California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) held 113,034 shares in RIOT worth over $1.9 million at the end of 2020, according to Tuesday filings. That's up from Q3 2020, when CalPERS' 16,907 RIOT shares were worth a comparatively minuscule $49,000.

The largest public pension fund in the U.S. had been holding firm on its nearly 17 thousand RIOT shares since acquiring them during the bull run in late 2017. That position seldom varied until now."
Lol. Talk about a zit on the ### of an 800 lb gorilla.

Huge news everyone, CalPERS portfolio is 0.0004% RIOT. Just to clarify, I already multiplied by 100 to get it to a percent. Probably had to buy more so that the daily report stopped failing with a divide by zero.  

If my portfolio was worth $100M (it isn’t, but I can dream) and I had the same ratio of RIOT, I’d have a little over $400 worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Bezos change probably scares people but he’s probably been planning this. Jassey is the perfect guy for the job. Well liked, has been head of AWS forever and is Bezos’ right hand guy. Honestly, I don’t think it changes anything.

Great results overshadowed, but the stock will run. 
I'm liking this the more I think/read about it. Bezos has run this company day-to-day for 27 years and has multiple other ventures. Hopefully the reporting he will mostly be involved with newer ventures isn't just spin. AWS is the future so Jassy makes perfect sense. It will be interesting if/how management of the older businesses changes.

I'm liking this the more I think/read about it. Bezos has run this company day-to-day for 27 years and has multiple other ventures. Hopefully the reporting he will mostly be involved with newer ventures isn't just spin. AWS is the future so Jassy makes perfect sense. It will be interesting if/how management of the older businesses changes.
Surely Jassey will make more than 2-3 decisions a day.  Glad to see Bezos sent to the pasture.

Some FishNBeer dude mentioned that Bezos only has three ideas a day so I’m assuming Jassey and others were already the COOs. Bezos will likely still be about as involved as he was without having to do any day to day.

Some FishNBeer dude mentioned that Bezos only has three ideas a day so I’m assuming Jassey and others were already the COOs. Bezos will likely still be about as involved as he was without having to do any day to day.
I'd also assume Jassy would be a bit more interested in going out to evangelize the stonk more than Bezos feels like. That seems to matter. 

Lol. Talk about a zit on the ### of an 800 lb gorilla.

Huge news everyone, CalPERS portfolio is 0.0004% RIOT. Just to clarify, I already multiplied by 100 to get it to a percent. Probably had to buy more so that the daily report stopped failing with a divide by zero.  

If my portfolio was worth $100M (it isn’t, but I can dream) and I had the same ratio of RIOT, I’d have a little over $400 worth.
You're being short-sighted. BTC and derivatives were viewed as not being investment grade not all that long ago. Making inroads in corporate treasuries, pensions, endowments, etc is a tremendous gain for the asset.

This is a small company (about 1/3 the market cap of CYDY). If every pension in the US held .0004% of RIOT, that's probably in the neighborhood of 10-20% of their market cap. I'm too lazy to look up the actual #. And likely means they're open to gaining exposure to BTC through other investments. Very much not insignificant to the asset class 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also assume Jassy would be a bit more interested in going out to evangelize the stonk more than Bezos feels like. That seems to matter. 
I don’t think we’ll see any changes early, but it will be interesting to see if they have different styles. Bezos really wasn’t a limelight type of guy.

So BTWN just went ape#### about 15 minutes before close (20+%).  It was one of the SPACs that's been discussed here.  I think it's the Thiel SPAC (why I bought it - he's a heavyweight).   I've been looking and I see nothing concrete - just pretty wild speculation over getting Tokopedia.

So BTWN just went ape#### about 15 minutes before close (20+%).  It was one of the SPACs that's been discussed here.  I think it's the Thiel SPAC (why I bought it - he's a heavyweight).   I've been looking and I see nothing concrete - just pretty wild speculation over getting Tokopedia.
Tokopedia has pretty much already said they are prepping to go IPO. I have no idea what that pop was, but a bunch of SPACs jumped at the end of the day. Saw some rumors about people jumping out of the heavily shorted stocks into SPACs, but who knows. 

Tokopedia has pretty much already said they are prepping to go IPO. I have no idea what that pop was, but a bunch of SPACs jumped at the end of the day. Saw some rumors about people jumping out of the heavily shorted stocks into SPACs, but who knows. 
So basically just money sloshing around in a bathtub.  I was hoping to hear that it had landed a good candidate.  I still like the issue because of who is behind it.

So basically just money sloshing around in a bathtub.  I was hoping to hear that it had landed a good candidate.  I still like the issue because of who is behind it.
I caught that, too.  Somebody knows (or thinks they know) something about BTWN.

I spot checked a bunch of the other SPACs I own and really only IPOF jumped at the end of the day, and that was just a couple of percent.

Im planning to sue TD Ameritrade for not letting me buy SFIO.  ####, just today they saved me from about $75 in stock price, but still ... I NEED MY FIX!!

Users who are viewing this thread