What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

Had a big order for IGR this morning at $6.97 and missed. Hoping for another opportunity sub $7. Paying around 8% monthly in dividends now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold all of the UCO (I had bought some back around the 10 dollar mark)

Buying some AAPL this morning and that's about it. :/
And oil promptly goes up. :wall:

I REALLY want it to dip into the 20's so I can just start pushing all in and say #### it.
I've had a bearish stance on oil for a while now... I think we are getting close, but still some turbulence ahead in the next few months. I'm prob going to start pushing late Spring.

Sold all of the UCO (I had bought some back around the 10 dollar mark)

Buying some AAPL this morning and that's about it. :/
And oil promptly goes up. :wall:

I REALLY want it to dip into the 20's so I can just start pushing all in and say #### it.
I have timed every order incorrectly on oil stuff.

this morning there was a nice dip in AAPL that represented an opportunity to me to own some premium stuff that I've always wanted to and told myself, if I had a chance to get more at below 97 dollars, I would do so. Unfortunately, my account wasn't fully funded and my only option was to sell the massive amount of UCO I had been holding.

So I'm on the sideline until tomorrow (which is probably a good thing anyway)

Is it Time to buy Fitbit ? Trading below IPO price.
I'm bullish on the whole, relatively speaking, and am buying as much as I can. FIT is OK, I suppose, at these levels but it doesn't crack top five in my wish list: FCX, QCOM, XOM, AAPL, GOOG. I'm enamored with bigger companies for stability--rather go with FCX if you are looking for upside but that's just me.

If China and energy are really driving a lot of this, it seems as though something like Delta or United would be a good play. Does anybody stand to gain more than the airlines from prolonged depression of oil prices?

China is driving it as much as Greece was. I'm more interested in determining if we are in recession. When they finally admit we are, we are usually months into it.

I think we're going to see some great buying opportunities in 2016.

The question is, how to short the market until the market is done bottoming out.

China is driving it as much as Greece was. I'm more interested in determining if we are in recession. When they finally admit we are, we are usually months into it.
I think we are in a correction cycle, not a recession(yet)

As a reminder...

"The NBER defines an economic recession as: "a significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales.""

Gonna hold pat with what I got for now, and look to make my 15 and 16 Roth contributions asap.

What ticks me is that I had a 'sell/lock in $?' note in my outlook calendar set for right after Xmas, but I decided to snooze it a couple of weeks. Market dove so fast I have to hold through it now.
I bailed on the 30th but have since attempted to put $ to work only to run screaming again. Still beating 'buy & hold' but not nearly as much as I had hoped. They are going to be pimping up S&P 1750 soon as the next support level which is the Feb 2014 low. We are at the August 2015 low.

Users who are viewing this thread