Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

3 hours ago, Wild Young Billy said:

SE looking nice today, and it's been a very good month.

I'm within a point of an official double on this one right now.  And I don't plan on trimming as I normally might.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 63.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• Capella

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

4 hours ago, Capella said:

:lmao: is there any upside to cobalt. I have a very hefty amount of that stock and it’s propping me up lately. I’m in the green! Never thought I’d see that again!

Oh yeah, I've been updating the board here with metal prices, but they tend to get lost in the shuffle.  Cobalt is an essential part of the lithium-ion battery chemistry and to date, there isn't a substitute.  65% of the world's cobalt comes from the DRC and the last time prices rose, the artisan miners (think dads with kids and picks and shovels digging for rocks) flooded the market with supply and prices crashed.  That's still a risk, but right now the big boy miners have either halted or suppressed their operations because 1) COVID and 2) prices weren't worth the headache of refining this by-product metal.  

So this price rise is real and while there is another risk of an artisan mining response, most of the easy digging has been done.  And with EV adoption rate looking more and more real, the world is going to need a LOT of cobalt to implement the seachange in autos.  

Which brings us back to this stupid assssssssssss company.  They do have real property with good cobalt deposits and the ability to prove ethical sourcing through blockchain is legit.  Dude, we might actually have something here.  

But still, I wouldn't blame you for selling now that you're green or close to green.  I might unload a little here, though honestly, it's a lottery ticket at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Oh yeah, I've been updating the board here with metal prices, but they tend to get lost in the shuffle.  Cobalt is an essential part of the lithium-ion battery chemistry and to date, there isn't a substitute.  65% of the world's cobalt comes from the DRC and the last time prices rose, the artisan miners (think dads with kids and picks and shovels digging for rocks) flooded the market with supply and prices crashed.  That's still a risk, but right now the big boy miners have either halted or suppressed their operations because 1) COVID and 2) prices weren't worth the headache of refining this by-product metal.  

So this price rise is real and while there is another risk of an artisan mining response, most of the easy digging has been done.  And with EV adoption rate looking more and more real, the world is going to need a LOT of cobalt to implement the seachange in autos.  

Which brings us back to this stupid assssssssssss company.  They do have real property with good cobalt deposits and the ability to prove ethical sourcing through blockchain is legit.  Dude, we might actually have something here.  

But still, I wouldn't blame you for selling now that you're green or close to green.  I might unload a little here, though honestly, it's a lottery ticket at this point.  

If only I could interest the folks at Reddit about this one....man.

7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Limit order in for 200 shares.

@hooter311, a week ago RIOT was trading about $10 less than GTBC.  Now that's reversed.  Is that what you would have expected?  Any thoughts on the short term outlook of how they will trade in relation to each other?  

I'm in both so just curious.  

This is new and frustrating - I've sold a few stocks today, stuff I've held for at least a week. In the past I could use that money immediately to buy another stock. Now E-Trade isn't allowing me to use those funds. 

I'm probably going to transfer these accounts from from E-Trade to Schwab.

41 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Nah it’s just a lottery ticket. It was already money sunk so I’ll just keep that viewpoint and let it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

43 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

@General Malaise. What's the stock symbol?

2 hours ago, beef said:

What are the merger rumors for HAACU, anything?  I can't seem to find anything but it keeps climbing.

Or AACQ.  Poppin' on something.

4 minutes ago, beef said:

Rumored to merge with Origin Materials. I think there's quite a bit of potential there.

“Origin Materials, a chemical-technology company, is in talks to go public via a merger with blank-check firm Artius Acquisition Inc., according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Deliberations are ongoing and may not lead to a transaction, the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private.

A representative for Artius, a special purpose acquisition company, or SPAC, declined to comment. Representatives for Origin Materials didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Origin Materials extracts chemicals from plants that are used to make a more environmentally friendly version of plastic, according to its website. Its partners and customers include Nestle SA, Danone SA and PepsiCo Inc.

Origin Materials is building a new plant in Ontario, it said in a press release in November.

Artius raised $630 million in an initial public offering in July.”

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, beef said:

Origin Materials rumor from a few days ago. Haven't seen anything else.

Haven't seen anything more than speculation on HAAC, Color being the most frequent reference. But it's all wish list #### as far as I can tell.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, identikit said:

@General Malaise. What's the stock symbol?

It's a Canadian stock, but trades here under COBCF.  This is NOT a recommendation to buy, however.  Cappy and I are just stubborn olds who refused to sell this thing because really, it wasn't even worth selling at the ultra lows.  But hey, here we are, back in the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a resource name that's actually got a terrific future, I continue to hammer on Alphamin Resources.  One of the very few good tin plays out there and tin is going to be a headliner very soon for its scarcity.  AFMJF trades today at $0.47 cents but I could see this thing getting wild as investors look for a way to play the looming tin shortage.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

If only I could interest the folks at Reddit about this one....man.

Try the shuke alias.

Edited by urbanhack
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....tap the brakes, Andrew Carnegie.  

Filled at .1199.  Based on past history I wanted room to dca down.  Already have lost 18 cents on this investment 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

It's a Canadian stock, but trades here under COBCF.  This is NOT a recommendation to buy, however.  Cappy and I are just stubborn olds who refused to sell this thing because really, it wasn't even worth selling at the ultra lows.  But hey, here we are, back in the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a resource name that's actually got a terrific future, I continue to hammer on Alphamin Resources.  One of the very few good tin plays out there and tin is going to be a headliner very soon for its scarcity.  AFMJF trades today at $0.47 cents but I could see this thing getting wild as investors look for a way to play the looming tin shortage.

i'm up 10% on this already.  Thanks!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Looming? Just looked at the tin spot price chart. Looks like BTC.

13 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Filled at .1199.  Based on past history I wanted room to dca down.  Already have lost 18 cents on this investment 

Keep doing that and you'll be GoldfishNWater soon. 

• Laughing 4
2 minutes ago, caustic said:

Opened half a position in PLTR at 27.50. 

I just added another 100 shares (had 100  @21.8) and added 24 more shares of AXON. Not really doing much but willing to sit on those for a while. If they go a little lower I’ll add more. Kind of sitting right for the most part. Down a little more than the market today.

7 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Just bought FUSE based on Lupton recommendation.

His rec came out around 3:10pm and FUSE at 11.08, everyone who got it started buying and it was 12.07 at 3:14. 

Not a bad gig, get paid to send out a recommendation after starting a position in said recommendation.

5 minutes ago, needanap said:

His rec came out around 3:10pm and FUSE at 11.08, everyone who got it started buying and it was 12.07 at 3:14. 

Not a bad gig, get paid to send out a recommendation after starting a position in said recommendation.

Impressive.  That's quite the following to get it to jump like that.

Back in $PLTR, also added some $NNOX and $FLGT.

And now I'm damn near out of cash again after being as much as 17% last week, waiting for the fire sale. I have a real hard time keeping it on the sidelines when things I like dip, even if its not "the big one." 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Swaymoney said:

So, what happens to CCIV stock if a merger with lucid actually happens?

My best guess is triple digit price, but nobody really knows.  I'm not doubling down...I'm happy with the gains.  I'm chasing some other SPACs with a lower risk profile.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, needanap said:

He is moving the market on small caps, no question.   If you can anticipate his moves and/or tail them closely it has been money in the bank...similar to Cathie Wood and ARK but not as well known so its easier to get in early.

Edited by TripItUp
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TripItUp said:

I know, they’ve been saying it for a while. That said, that’s the lowest valuation I’ve seen. I don’t get why they wouldn’t pull out and do an IPO. Get a $12B valuation and sell 1/6th of the company for $2B or go IPO and sense huge demand, ratchet up share price so you get $2B in cash but sell it based on $60B valuation you’re saying you should get and you give up only 1/30th of the company.

I don’t see how CCIV can strike a deal for a $12B valuation. Lucid would be screwing themselves when everyone is basically saying you are worth way more. Give up 16% of the company instead of 3-4% for the same amount of cash?

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I know, they’ve been saying it for a while. That said, that’s the lowest valuation I’ve seen. I don’t get why they wouldn’t pull out and do an IPO. Get a $12B valuation and sell 1/6th of the company for $2B or go IPO and sense huge demand, ratchet up share price so you get $2B in cash but sell it based on $60B valuation you’re saying you should get and you give up only 1/30th of the company.

I don’t see how CCIV can strike a deal for a $12B valuation. Lucid would be screwing themselves when everyone is basically saying you are worth way more. Give up 16% of the company instead of 3-4% for the same amount of cash?

LUCID isn't going to agree to an unfair or below market valuation.   

Edited by TripItUp
30 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

My best guess is triple digit price, but nobody really knows.  I'm not doubling down...I'm happy with the gains.  I'm chasing some other SPACs with a lower risk profile.

Thx, such as?