Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, rick6668 said:

 

It's going to take me a bit to digest and understand this.  This is like another language... 

Took me a bit to figure it out as well. Why would someone pay ME to buy stock at a price lower than it's trading for?

People buying puts are betting the stock price will go down and will be less than the strike price by the strike date.

5 hours ago, pecorino said:

Related: Just sold four puts on PLTR with $25 strike for March 19th, netting a premium of $3 per (or $1200). Where is bossman to explain this better? Maybe he's at a NERV board meeting...

1 of 2 scenarios will happen here;

 Pecorino just pocketed $1200 for doing nothing .... 4 contracts (400 shares) x $3 ea = $1200

... or, on 3/19/21 Pecorino will own 400 shares of PLTR at a cost basis of $22.00 a share ($25 strike price less $3 premium which he gets to keep regardless of if the stock is put to him or not)

A win/win scenario if you don't mind owning PLTR for $22

If I wanted to own PLTR, I would also do this. OK, I talked me into it. I'm in.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might regret it but I just maxed my Roth IRA for the year. The original plan was to contribute $1k/monthly. 🤔

Wife has $2k to go. I might wait for a bit to complete hers.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, -OZ- said:

I might regret it but I just maxed my Roth IRA for the year. The original plan was to contribute $1k/monthly. 🤔

Wife has $2k to go. I might wait for a bit to complete hers.

 

 

 

I went back and maxed my HSA for 2020 a few weeks ago.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next time we have a day like this, just sell everything, then buy it all back at the same price. That way when you come back to your computer, you can say, "Oh, look, I'm even for the day. Cool."

Wa-la!

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, pecorino said:

Related: Just sold four puts on PLTR with $25 strike for March 19th, netting a premium of $3 per (or $1200). Where is bossman to explain this better? Maybe he's at a NERV board meeting...

Got out of my board meeting just in time to get this order in.

Same parameters .... but I got paid $3.25 

Don't hate the playa!

Adding PLTR to the watch list now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bossman said:

Got out of my board meeting just in time to get this order in.

Same parameters .... but I got paid $3.25 

Don't hate the playa!

Adding PLTR to the watch list now.

 April $24s @ $3.65.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pecorino said:

I'm down about 1% across my portfolios and you all are making me feel pretty good about that today. Thanks.

I'm pretty close to that, but I don't get the gains others here do on good days.

1 minute ago, rick6668 said:

Yesterday and Today were a wash, and I picked up some quality items on the dip.  Not going to complain.  

You're doing this wrong.. We're supposed to rant when it's down and talk about how smart we are when it's up.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AMZN and TWLO pared my losses by a third. Mostly red, but basically inline with the Nasdaq which isn’t bad. Honestly, today and yesterday combined at times I was down well over 4%, but ended up down a bit over 1% I think, which isn’t bad considering the couple of weeks before.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the bright side, after enduring a day like this, I get to go home, grab that cold beer from the fridge, and promptly finish painting my 10 year old daughter's bedroom as she jumps up and down on her bed asking me about 2,437 questions about painting.

 

Have a good night, boys. :banned:

  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, stbugs said:

AMZN and TWLO pared my losses by a third. Mostly red, but basically inline with the Nasdaq which isn’t bad. Honestly, today and yesterday combined at times I was down well over 4%, but ended up down a bit over 1% I think, which isn’t bad considering the couple of weeks before.

Might wanna check their AH...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, caustic said:

Added another tranche of PLTR at 24.98. Leaving room for more in case the lockup expiry pushes it down even further.

The market makers controlled PLTR damn well today. Over 300k shares traded and kept it pegged at 25. Bravo. A ton of buyers for all those sells. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad I sold 60% of my BEEM when I did, but it hasn't helped soften the blow of what's happened to it lately.  Of course that wasn't the only stock that hurt me today, but it's getting crushed.  

Have had a few 50s in my wallet for a couple of weeks.  Combo of crappy weather and nowhere to blow it = forced savings.  But I'm gonna hit the locally sourced meat market and pick up some steaks and a bottle of Rose, both I hope to make a pleasant memory of by 8pm before edible weed, booze and full belly puts me in a coma until I wake up and see what tomorrow brings. 

Well, other than morning diarrhea.

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Glad I sold 60% of my BEEM when I did, but it hasn't helped soften the blow of what's happened to it lately.  Of course that wasn't the only stock that hurt me today, but it's getting crushed.  

Have had a few 50s in my wallet for a couple of weeks.  Combo of crappy weather and nowhere to blow it = forced savings.  But I'm gonna hit the locally sourced meat market and pick up some steaks and a bottle of Rose, both I hope to make a pleasant memory of by 8pm before edible weed, booze and full belly puts me in a coma until I wake up and see what tomorrow brings. 

Well, other than morning diarrhea.

I just spit out my bourbon

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Aaaand it’s back. I was too slow to buy when it plummeted

AH is a mess nowadays. I think there are so many newbies on there that people take advantage of now. INSP and HCAT are two stocks I own and both were down about 2% today, normal based on their solid returns lately. They were both down 10% at one time last night and I couldn’t figure out why. I thought maybe a bad earnings report. Just weird price action sometimes that has 0 correlation with the actual trading the next day. Premarket is usually better, but I’ve notice more wild numbers AH. I’d expect TWLO to sell off a little after a good day but whatever you saw was very likely some idiot who put in a market order and got taken advantage of by a low ball ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

AH is a mess nowadays. I think there are so many newbies on there that people take advantage of now. INSP and HCAT are two stocks I own and both were down about 2% today, normal based on their solid returns lately. They were both down 10% at one time last night and I couldn’t figure out why. I thought maybe a bad earnings report. Just weird price action sometimes that has 0 correlation with the actual trading the next day. Premarket is usually better, but I’ve notice more wild numbers AH. I’d expect TWLO to sell off a little after a good day but whatever you saw was very likely some idiot who put in a market order and got taken advantage of by a low ball ask.

I think it was an algo reacting to the offering.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been eyeing PLTR like a lot in here, but the lock up period has me spooked.  I will wait till next week at earliest.

 

Sold first option contract today, it expires tomorrow.  Looking at making a sweet $4.50 total.  Thinking I may use the proceeds for a downpayment on a G7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

APPN getting hammered like a Portlandian with a bottle of rose and some edibles.

Sort of glad I sold my last after it got over $200. Their growth (only 19% YoY for the quarter just reported tonight) doesn’t justify the stock price jump lately. I may get back in if it gets sort of reasonable because I like the company and it’s future but it was just way overextended. I’d bet it’s down under 200 easy tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

That's Beavertonian to you, sir.  And I've got a 6 pack of pFriem Hazy IPA to add to the body pollution. 

Can always switch to bourbon later.....

Pffttt, I’ve already laid out tomorrow’s clothes because I plan to forget the last 2 days tonight. Gonna need a breakfast beer on the way to the golf course tomorrow, my buddies are gonna lovveee picking me up 

Edited by CGRdrJoe
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Pffttt, I’ve already laid out tomorrow’s clothes because I plan to forget the last 2 days tonight. Gonna need a breakfast beer on the way to the golf course tomorrow, my buddies are gonna lovveee picking me up 

You guys are really hitting close to home these last few posts.  :oldunsure:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...