What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (8 Viewers)

LAZR is up. It might take another shot at recent peaks and be good for another 10%

Definitely a watch for a breakout.

Miners have been using the bitcoin they mine to buy more miners.  That explains some of the exponential growth.
What is the best way to get exposure to BTC without buying the coin?

seems like MSTR, Greyscale and the miners are all through the roof and already trading at huge premiums.

I think I'm going to have to adjust my yearly investment goals. This month has been nuts after the downer of the last week of January.

Miners have been using the bitcoin they mine to buy more miners.  That explains some of the exponential growth.
I guess, but there’s also likely way more competition now as well, right? When BTC was at $10k, it wasn’t as lucrative, now you’ve got a reason to compete. Look at some of the current mining stocks in here, some of them weren’t even miners before like SOS. They just announced a month ago they are getting into the business.

I think it’s far safer and maybe better in the long run to own Bitcoin until you actually see earnings reports from some of these companies that don’t really have any length of financial history to see how well they are doing. Are they buying new company Lambos or are they worried about shareholder value?

You are all correct about Greyscale and premium.  In the past it’s been way higher than 7%.

better question.  If we wake up in a month and BTC is $100K - what asset appreciates the most?

What is the best way to get exposure to BTC without buying the coin?

seems like MSTR, Greyscale and the miners are all through the roof and already trading at huge premiums.
Grayscale still the best direct exposure. 

2 Canadian ETF's have been approved in the last couple weeks, a us one might be around the corner.

Gbtc is only trading at about a 6% premium which is a fraction of historical trend.  I think even an etf will trade at a 2-4% premium.

2017 bull run had gbtc trading at a 200% premium.

LAZR VLDR IPV etc all popped today on news that Apple was in talks with LIDAR suppliers for their self-driving car.
This is the funny stuff. Apple needs a supplier and will likely pick one or two and announce in 2 years that iOS 15 now had LIDAR functionality and cut the suppliers out! What’s funny is that all LIDAR companies pop and there’s a bunch of them. We have a ton of that in this market where lots of the companies in one market will fail as not all succeed.

Here’s one I might trim. Billy Beanea SPAC RBAC Was suggested by several people here. Sounds like a good story but are people in the business world going to take him seriously? Hi only hold 20 shares so this seems like a good place to start trimming. Thoughts?
I still have it, but much less interested now that their deal with Fenway Sports allegedly fell through. Its one of the 80 or so stonks I have.

Jesus...UVXY. I've always had a bit as a hedge, but should have cut bait days ago. Oof. 
Yeah this one is getting ugly fast.  I keep waiting for that couple of day mini-correction like we had back at the end of January, but before then it consistently bounced off that $10 mark.  Since breaking that it's sure speeding up it's journey to $0.

Started positions in the following SPACs today, haven't sold any of my original positions...have taken an 8% hit the past few days...slightly down on the week.

GSAH

VUZI

SBG

AHAC

HAAC

GHVI
I know why you bought GHVI.  Any thoughts on the others?

LAZR VLDR IPV etc all popped today on news that Apple was in talks with LIDAR suppliers for their self-driving car.
Went down the rabbit hole reading about LIDAR yesterday.  Really like $CLA which recently announced merger with Ouster.  Here is a good write up from a guy who is a fan of the company.  Apparently the Ouster product is digital vs the analog products that competitors have and it will be much less expensive.  Ford family has stake in Ouster but will still use the $VLDR product on their testing vehicles for now. 

Another interesting one is $CFAC which just announced a deal with AEye.  The AEye approach is very interesting.  They combine LIDAR with object recognition so a vehicle could tell the different from a parked car vs pedestrian.

I know why you bought GHVI.  Any thoughts on the others?
I'm not sure I'd recommend anybody buy a SPAC at $15 before knowing who the merger target might be, but this is a pretty good read on HAAC, even if a bit disjointed in places. I love that management team and am hopeful for big things. 

Full disclosure: That's by far my biggest SPAC position, and I've been in it since IPO.

I have no interest in buying these stocks, but thought this thread on Reddit was interesting.
Great read and absolutely my worries. Amazing that the CEO of MARA awarded himself $300M in compensation when the market cap last year was that. I guess my post above about company car Lambos wasn’t far off, not much corporate governance when there’s 1 to 6 employees.

Think I'm dumping my Gores SPACs (V and VI), both of which I was in early. I hate to do it. I'm sure one of them will end up announcing shortly afterwards. The number they have out there now is just unreal. They've stopped waiting for 1 to fill before firing up the next one. Which might be fine if it was 1. Or 2. I think they're up to about 10, and I'm not a fan of that approach.
This was a close call. And why I now feel like I can't sell any of these IPO entry SPACs pre-DA.

Freaking crazy. Press releases announcing the date of earnings calls can pop stocks.
NGA has never come close to regaining the highs it reached after the Lion CEO was on Mad Money. Should have seen that one coming, but it's one I kinda want to hold l-t.

BTW, on the Todem list EXC today has dropped a good bit and is at the bottom of it's channel.  For those looking for a good utility (3.6% yield) this might be a good entry.

Yes, it's boring.
As a corollary to this the long bond is in full crash mode.  Holy moly it has plummeted this year.  This is part of the drop in this one - it's interest rate sensitive.  If one thinks inflation will spike then holding off on this buy may be prudent.  I'm not smart enough to know how badly utilities will be affected by this trend.  If the divvy gets really juicy I'll close my eyes and buy more.

Very glad I rotated out of TLT, though, - saved myself easily 10k this year.

Users who are viewing this thread