What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

and for the record I think AMC could be in the same scenario, but there are so many shares that they likely never get called out for it

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Big risk and way more risk than Tesla had because there are so many more competitors now, including Tesla.

I think the biggest concern I have is that they will only be a niche high end player. It’s one thing to create a handful of high end things well and another to make 500k cars a year, let alone 2 million.

Betamax was a better tape than VHS. Lots of good tech they got beat out because it was too expensive for the masses or just didn’t win.

The battery seems cool and all but when Tesla has one that gets about the same distance, are they going to really have an advantage if they can’t mass produce it in a $25-35k car? Tesla didn’t jump market caps until the Model 3. It wasn’t worth much more than Lucid is right now with just the S and even the X. Tesla also didn’t have another Tesla 10 years ahead and a lot of other heavy weights back in 2012.

Investing now is not on my plan. Maybe after we see them make some cars and make them well and expand capacity without issues. Remember the manufacturing hell Tesla went through with the 3?
Yeah, the Model 3 almost BK'd them. Lucid will need more cash at some point. Having the PIF of Saudi Arabia as the majority owner should help with that.

I have a decent sized position @ $7.5 a share and feel comfortable with the risk there. I just really like the tech and the engineers in the company and excited to take the journey with them. I also have a few friends who are writers in the EV space, who know their stuff and love the company and the Air. If Lucid whiffs, it won't break me. Not trying to convince you of anything. I get it, not worth the risk for you. The Lucid roadmap is similar as Teslas; build the expensive model first, use skateboard and efficiencies of scale to build lower priced models and SUVs. With 1 factory built in AZ with 400,000 a year capacity and two more proposed for Saudi Arabia and China, they plan on making more than a handful of cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Shark move as Dodds has pointed out is to recall the shares.  The reality is Cohen has created an army of fanboy loyalists.  A literal army across the globe.  The worst thing he could do for the health of the company is to screw them over.  You want to create brand loyalty which is going to be passed on from generation to generation?  You make it about David vs Goliath with a happy ending.  A bed time story memorialized in movies.  Diamond ####### hands forever.  All of us not selling, we get to be part of that story.

Recalling the shares skyrockets the stock price.  This may be the real reason to get rid of the CFO.  The previous one was in bed with bankrupting the company.

Am I supposed to have diamond hands for DHHCU too? This SPAC stuff feels like a money market account with a potential boom at the end. I haven't finished the 500 page novel they mailed me, so I'll just sit on it until it makes a move. 

Game Stop could do these things tomorrow and the price goes crazy:

1. Ryan Cohen announces he and his friends have 50+% of shares outstanding. 

2. GME is recalling the votes to decide board of directors going forward and to ensure no synthetic shares have been actively trying to deflate the price.

3. GameStop will buy back ANY used games and credit people with cryptocurrency of their choice. All Game Stops will become crypto currency centers.

4. The Power Up loyalty program will offer crypto rewards

5. GameStop will hold 10% of their cash position in various crypto currencies.

6. Roaring Kitty (DFV) has been hired and will occupy a board seat of the new company.

Yeah, the Model 3 almost BK'd them. Lucid will need more cash at some point. Having the PIF of Saudi Arabia as the majority owner should help with that.

I have a decent sized position @ $7.5 a share and feel comfortable with the risk there. I just really like the tech and the engineers in the company and excited to take the journey with them. I also have a few friends who are writers in the EV space, who know their stuff and love the company and the Air. If Lucid whiffs, it won't break me. Not trying to convince you of anything. I get it, not worth the risk for you. The Lucid roadmap is similar as Teslas; build the expensive model first, use skateboard and efficiencies of scale to build lower priced models and SUVs. With 1 factory built in AZ with 400,000 a year capacity and two more proposed for Saudi Arabia and China, they plan on making more than a handful of cars.
Not, not worth the risk at all, more not worth the risk right now. I see all the love for them but if they will be another Tesla, there will be a ton of entry points. Already having delays when they are on a very low volume car. That right there seems to invalidate all the bubbly press that they have resolved everything that Tesla had problems with and let’s be honest, the CEO was the chief engineer of the model S. Was he big in the manufacturing setup for the S and was he even there for the model 3?

Anyway, I have no clue if they’ll die or do great, just have a problem with rosy predictions saying they are Tesla 10 years ago and so they should be worth Tesla of 1 year ago. It’s also completely incorrect that they are Tesla of 10 years ago because the EV competition isn’t remotely the same. Tesla had the ability to make mistakes and correct them and are now selling 500k a year when EVs are hot and likely to take off even more. Lucid doesn’t have that luxury.

ARKF and ARKW are my favorites, although I'm in ARKG as well.  I had ARKK and ARKW at one point, but they seemed to have very similar holdings, so I consolidated those into ARKW. 
Thanks!

I'm thinking ARKG to go along with ARKK because I read it has the least crossover.

Considering PRNT too.

Thanks!

I'm thinking ARKG to go along with ARKK because I read it has the least crossover.

Considering PRNT too.
Nice.  I got into these about 2 weeks ago which, apparently, was the wrong time to do so.  I'm down between 8-10% on all of them, even after doubling down.  ARKG has fallen the most in that time, so probably has a little more short term growth potential as well.

Users who are viewing this thread