What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

I'm seeing AMZN at the $3000 level which looks like a support and also thinking that stimulus checks and a general reopening is a decent upcoming catalyst. Looking for a boom/bust play with one AMZN call for January 2022 at $3700 strike price. Selling around $140 at the end of the day. The stock price can't languish between $3000 and $3300 forever, can it?

No need to be sad banana. I’m the idiot that sold my 500 shares of FLGT in the $30s after buying at $15-16. Now In building up shares way higher. SMH. 100% of my worst decisions have been selling too soon. I’ve made good calls selling at the highs or close to it, but I’d say selling early has beaten selling timely.

Added a little more FLGT, DNMR, PLL and U. Not huge amounts in case there’s more downward pressure. I’m sure there will be but good to slowly build those positions for long term.

If amazon goes under 3 I guess I have to buy more. 
:fishy: :doh:

DNMR is one, FLGT was another. Don’t have any of the former, got some of the latter. Should have never sold it back in the summer, but at least it’s closer to what it was. I sold some Amazon earlier so that boosted my cash a bunch. It’s hard to know if this was the worst of it. It’s a pretty bad dad. Still way, way up based on beginning of last year but it still hurts. I meant to trim but never did. That worked out well last March as did all the purchases at the bottom. 
:jawdrop:   :grad:

I'm seeing AMZN at the $3000 level which looks like a support and also thinking that stimulus checks and a general reopening is a decent upcoming catalyst. Looking for a boom/bust play with one AMZN call for January 2022 at $3700 strike price. Selling around $140 at the end of the day. The stock price can't languish between $3000 and $3300 forever, can it?
:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to remain as optimistic as possible considering the relatively mild volume again today. Another bad close though. Nas closing below 13,000 isn't a good sign. Could test the YTD low very soon. We need a few boring days to settle this down.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Trying to remain as optimistic as possible considering the relatively mild volume again today. Another bad close though. Nas closing below 13,000 isn't a good sign. Could test the YTD low very soon. We need a few boring days to settle this down.
Its amazing GME is weathering this storm.  Im guessing there really is a lot of diamond hands out there.

Sell 1,065.000 Shares of UUUUWSFilled at $4.43

two hours later

Buy 1,000.000 Shares of UUUUWSFilled at $3.40

If I could do this 5-10x a day, I might make a living out of it.

I've honestly become numb to the beatings. Had this day occurred a couple of weeks ago I'd be looking for a fight, right now I'm more worried about the puff pastry being thawed in time to top the chicken pot pie I'm working on. That's good right?  :shrug:

Only sold a handful of shares, don’t worry. It’s held up better and it’s the simplest way to create a lot of cash. I still think it’s way undervalued but the other stuff was up to 50% off peak.
Which was still up over Amazon over the last 6 or so months.

Anyway...glad you could benefit from my advice.

You like that whole sector or more so the individual stock? 
ABNB is kind of it's own duck...which is why I like it...doesn't fit neatly into a sector.

But if you consider it hospitality, I also like several "return to normal" stocks like MAR and CZR.

ABNB is kind of it's own duck...which is why I like it...doesn't fit neatly into a sector.

But if you consider it hospitality, I also like several "return to normal" stocks like MAR and CZR.
I got into some Trip Advisor a month ago that has skyrocketed and debating if I hold which I think I do. You are right ABNB is different, thinking more of travel options that benefit with opening back up. 

Did someone mention a special dividend for UWMC? Was that speculation or a certainty? If a certainty, was there a date anywhere? Might matter for options.

Did someone mention a special dividend for UWMC? Was that speculation or a certainty? If a certainty, was there a date anywhere? Might matter for options.
RKT has a special dividend on I believe March 9th that was one of the big catalysts for RKT's recent rocket. Maybe mixing it up with that one? 

Announcement Date:    2/03/2021

Ex-Div Date:                  3/09/2021

Record Date:                 3/10/2021

Pay Date:                      4/06/2021

$0.10 / share (Quarterly) 

Thanks, @Desert_Power for the note about the quarterly div.

When the S&P hits 3600-3605 it will continue its trajectory upward, but if it fails to do so, it will be the first time in a year it has not tracked that upward trajectory and that would open the door to it falling to 3760 or even 3610 (the next two level levels of support).

I think

The Ultra short is SPXU That's what I have as a hedge. It was up 3.4% today.

I also hold SQQQ, the Ultra Pro short in the Nasdaq, It was up 8.68%
Playing with SPXU is like playing with fire, but that might be the play if that trend line is indeed broken. My last month's of profit is gone. Time to get defensive.

There’s been a “support” trendline that the S&P has bounced off of repeatedly over the last year. We’re approaching that line again and don’t want to fall through it. 
I mean that's what he says, but his chart basically shows a line connecting the March lows to the September lows which we're sitting on now (the line, not the september lows).  There are no other bounces off of it.  He just connected 2 dots.  It is a weak resistance.  Strong resistance is SPY 369 imo.

I mean that's what he says, but his chart basically shows a line connecting the March lows to the September lows which we're sitting on now (the line, not the september lows).  There are no other bounces off of it.  He just connected 2 dots.  It is a weak resistance.  Strong resistance is SPY 369 imo.
I see three big ones — March ‘20, Oct ‘20, Jan ‘21. That support line also held last week, although the “bounce” we got wasn’t very durable. I dunno.

I tend to buy high and Hodor ..

(which will only make sense to Game of Thrones fans)
Whenever the wife accuses me ,,, or catches me doing something stupid...

I look at her dumbly ... and in a dumb voice say "Hodor"

Applies to just about every stock that I buy

Hodor

$FVRR announced a secondary so it's getting hit a little. Could be a buying opportunity but will wait and see. When a growth stock shoots up this fast, and I'm an owner, I kind of want them to do this. Especially because I assume they're just building a war chest to go shopping.
Never mind

"Fiverr International (NYSE:FVRR) pulls its $700M follow-on-offering after determining that market conditions are not in the best interest of the company and its shareholders to raise equity capital."

Users who are viewing this thread