What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

How could institutions hold 200%? I’m really not having much faith in these numbers, how often they are updated and checked. I mean if they don’t catch a Fidelity name change, how accurate can it be? If you look at the fund ownership, Fidelity has 8M in the top 10 funds and the other tab says they have 28M. It would take a #### ton of other funds not in the top 10 to come close.

If you look at the equity owners chart the institution and mutual fund ownership totals look way way less than 200%. Also, isn’t non fund institutional ownership retail investors?
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME/holders?p=GME - Yahoo Finance has institutions owning 168% of the float. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I bailed at .31 for a 30%+ loss. Something smells fishy with this one. My gut steered me wrong. I actually thought I was doing the right thing and watched it for a while before jumping in over two buys. I hope it goes to a buck but I won't be reaping any rewards. I think ZOM is safer so I put my money there instead. Thankfully I hadn't bought a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME/holders?p=GME - Yahoo Finance has institutions owning 168% of the float. 
And Morningstar had Fidelity top with 10M more shares than Yahoo lists. I know there is this talked about synthetic shares but how could institutions really have more than the total outstanding and why are two sites completely different? All I am saying is that at first glance those numbers don’t jive. Heck on the Morningstar site the chart showed Institution, Fund and Insiders as a total of 50% of market cap (outstanding shares * price). I’m just looking forward to the earnings report tonight. They’ve already kind of said that holiday sales were disappointing and analysts have lowered the estimates because of that. It all comes down to how much fluff and hope they can deliver about the future.

And Morningstar had Fidelity top with 10M more shares than Yahoo lists. I know there is this talked about synthetic shares but how could institutions really have more than the total outstanding and why are two sites completely different? All I am saying is that at first glance those numbers don’t jive. Heck on the Morningstar site the chart showed Institution, Fund and Insiders as a total of 50% of market cap (outstanding shares * price). I’m just looking forward to the earnings report tonight. They’ve already kind of said that holiday sales were disappointing and analysts have lowered the estimates because of that. It all comes down to how much fluff and hope they can deliver about the future.
I've tried to make heads or tails of these numbers before on other stocks and the numbers never seem to jive.  

If what Dodds is suggesting was true there would be a huge investigation going on.  A stock market can't exist when 70m magically turns into 140m.  

BassNBrew said:
DHHCU

FCAC

JWSMU

IPOF ($11+)

HZAC

GHACU

FSSIU

ETAC
Ended up joining ETAC, already have DHHCU and IPOF. HZAC is interesting as Vivid Seats is rumoured target, but 7% premium to NAV on the units.

ETA: Picked up LGV.U yesterday too.

Am I missing news on FNKO coming from somewhere or is it up 15% because the meme apes are finally realizing Funko is the manufacturer of Gamestop's kitten banana squeezable that is being released on 4/20? 

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/toys/plush/products/snazzy-bananya-16-in-plush-only-at-gamestop/226912.html
The NFT stuff is bubbling up some stock. TKAT is my favorite. It’s P/S right now is 200 around SNOW at it’s peak and it’s revenue has gone from $19M in 2016 to $4M in 2020 (not a great trend but damn consistent 45 degree slope down the last 4 years.

The best part is that they must really be successful in their online art platform. I mean their listing example talks about art obtained in December 2016 and their listing process highlights their volume in 2017. Their listed artwork just stops in 2018. The investor page and the news and media also just stop in 2018. This isn’t filings this is their company web site.

Man, it really is a real world Boilerroom out there now. I’m too dumb to take advantage but I guess I’m not a big enough risk taker to invest in something that may not even be a functional company anymore.

I am back in at day trading AMC. It will be on the SSR rule for tomorrow and should see a decent pop as it has been hammered all week.

Daytraded GME all day again. I ended the day +200 shares.

It's getting a tad easy. Market opens. Sell a lot starting at $2 above open price. Create tiered sells above that price as well. After the first few minutes the short attacks start. I look to add back my shares just sold when RSI(14) dips substantially (usually an hour+ into the trading day). You can visualize this easily using 5 minute intervals on the daily chart at stockcharts.com. Once I complete a sell/buy cycle, I tighten the window on buying and selling and then usually make a final splash play in the last 15 minutes of trading to get the total buys / sells within a few hundred (if the stock is trading within my channel).

I will do this every day the stock is trading at less than $225 a share. IMO, there will be no moon voyage until we can cross $350 and hold that level. This week (and again on April 16th) are the best chances for the option trains to light the fuse and push the stock to that range. At a closing price of $200 on Friday, 5 million shares are needed. It's clear these shares don't actually exist, but the shell games continue. Shorts borrowed at least 4 million shares these past three days and I expect they will be in price suppression mode all day tomorrow as well.

My guess is no liftoff tomorrow, but the spring continues to tighten. IMO the best catalyst remains the earnings call after market on Tuesday. I also suspect Tuesday will be the last day to pick up cheap shares as the option chains weaken substantially until April 16th. This will be the time the shorts minimize their restraining pressure and the price should trade closer to reality to release the pressure building up.

I am playing this without a true date. I value the company/stock at $180 a share so these games at these levels don't even raise my blood pressure. I will buy and sell all day below $225 a share (it's worth a premium to me because of the liftoff possibility).

Best of luck to everyone holding and buying. 
Still thinking this?

Neat market. 😐 For those of you in PLTR and IPOE, are you still thinking LT, or just trying to get back to even at this point?

MP down 17% on news of 8 million shares being offered.  Seems like an overreaction.  Also seems like common practice with these former SPACs.  Go live, few months later, dilute.   

Neat market. 😐 For those of you in PLTR and IPOE, are you still thinking LT, or just trying to get back to even at this point?
I'm done adding PLTR so I'm riding this one out now.  My average is around $25/sh so not too bad.  IPOE I'm holding LT too.  I made a huge buy when it dipped to the low teens so I'm up 30%, and no plans on trimming.   

Hoh boy.....where is the money going?  Cash it seems.  Yeesh.
I believe that cash will always come back to the market ...

unless we're in a bonified depression (not the case here).

Investors like us, brokers / institutions  .. sitting on the sidelines waiting to get back in.

Holding cash for too long is not a good investment strategy.

Still got a bunch of cash and some things to buy but I haven’t settled yet on if it’s the bottom or not. If I had bought on the 5th/8th, I’d be just sitting back and waiting for long term. I just want to fill out some positions and take a break for the spring/summer.

The only thing I’m definitely still doing is avoiding the stocks that I think aren’t real like DLPN. A stock that’s lost 95% over the past 5 years but announced an NFT division to spike up today. It’s a mirage. If you time it, great but it was PR to bump the stock up. In today’s world of investing, that’s how it’s done. Tweet an ice cream cone, announce you are moving into Bitcoin mining and now announce you are into NFTs. Amazing.

So maybe I should have dipped a toe in UVXY when it was at $6 and pennies.  Or just on days Powell talks.  Missed what he said, but before he talked I was up, and now down 3%, so I'm blaming him either way.  

I had some cash to deploy anyway.  

I'm holding plenty of PLTR ... on the recommendation of my fellow FBG's.

I like what I was hearing about the company and willing to hold this long term ... assuming it doesn't completely tank.

MP down 17% on news of 8 million shares being offered.  Seems like an overreaction.  Also seems like common practice with these former SPACs.  Go live, few months later, dilute.   
It's not even dilutive - these are existing shareholders, not new shares.

I believe that cash will always come back to the market ...

unless we're in a bonified depression (not the case here).

Investors like us, brokers / institutions  .. sitting on the sidelines waiting to get back in.

Holding cash for too long is not a good investment strategy.
Agreed in principal as cash isn't rewarding anybody right now.  But oil, gold, defensive stocks you name it, all blood in the streets it seems.  

• Smile
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread