What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
EBS......great price here. Ignore the noise. GREAT COMPANY.
Is it just "noise?" Seriously asking - small cap with a history of quality control problems.

But the company has been cited repeatedly by the Food and Drug Administration for problems such as poorly trained employees, cracked vials and mold around one of its facilities, according to records obtained by The Associated Press through the Freedom of Information Act. The records cover inspections at Emergent facilities since 2017.
The FDA inspected Emergent’s Bayview plant in April 2020, just as the agreement with J&J was being announced. The federal agency criticized the company for problems with its testing of a potential treatment for anthrax, according to the records obtained by the AP. The FDA’s lead investigator cited the company for failing to train employees “in the particular operations they perform as part of their function and current good manufacturing practices.”...
The inspection was the most recent in a series of critical reports from the FDA about Emergent, including one following a December 2017 inspection at a plant in Canton, Massachusetts, in which the FDA said the company hadn’t corrected “continued low-level mold and yeast isolates” found in the facility. Nearly a year later, agency investigators questioned why Emergent had “an unwritten policy of not conducting routine compliance audits” at a separate plant in Baltimore, known as Camden, where an anthrax vaccine is filled into vials.

This looks to be a great day for my holdings. Out of Blackberry and back into AMC at this discount. Adding GME at the discount.

Great day but a little bittersweet. Feel like I missed some good buy points but honestly, the cash I would have spent (never planned to go to zero cash) was only around 3-4% of my entire portfolio so I’ll take an almost 3% overall up day and not worry about the 0.1 to 0.2% gain I missed. The market has still been bouncing so much that I wouldn’t be shocked to see it retreat a bit anyway.

Great day but a little bittersweet. Feel like I missed some good buy points but honestly, the cash I would have spent (never planned to go to zero cash) was only around 3-4% of my entire portfolio so I’ll take an almost 3% overall up day and not worry about the 0.1 to 0.2% gain I missed. The market has still been bouncing so much that I wouldn’t be shocked to see it retreat a bit anyway.
Kinda pivotal day for me. If S&P can hold 4 and the Dow 33, I'll be feeling confident. Even the Naz nearing the monthly highs should be interesting to watch. Hopefully today stays up where it is or higher.

In EBS with two $50 calls for May at $32.50 per. I'll go with some leverage on this one even though I know todem pegs it as a long term play. I'm counting on this being an anomalous event with a quick recovery.
I can't see these on yahoo finance to figure out what you did :)

I think you sold 2 calls with 50 strike price and someone bought them for $650 - yes?

EBS

QS

BLDP

These are the most speculative positions in my portfolio. So don’t fret with the gyrations. All are long term plays for me. 

I am doing some heavy research on another emerging sector and will eventually let you guys know what I am doing in the space of "Crisper" Bio Technology. Basically there are 6 big players here. So I am doing my due diligence on all of them. My plan is to create a 6 position ETF per say and weight them accordingly based on my conviction in each. 

Stay tuned.

Is it just "noise?" Seriously asking - small cap with a history of quality control problems.
I will preface this with "I am not trying to be snarky in any way (with text you can’t hear my tone)"

When I say noise.....I mean that. BA had all kinds of noise back in March 2020 The stock was behaving like no one will ever buy a plane from them again and they will go under.

I pounded the table about buying in the low 100’s even screaming about it when it was around 100 a share at one brief moment.

Fast forward to today. 

There was a ton of noise. Legit concerns.....just like now on EBS. But when I have conviction.....I make the big boy decisions to buy when people are running for the hills.

That is conviction. 

It is how I have always been with stocks. Most of the time.....I have won. Do we lose a few? Of course. But that is how it goes. No one can bat 1000.

I am not advocating dropping in 50% of your portfolio in this stock. Hell you should never be more than 5% weighted in any one company in my opinion. 10% max for the highest risk tolerance.....and that is really pushing it IMO. 

So yes.

EBS

BUY BUY BUY BUY

Block out the noise and go long. 

I can't see these on yahoo finance to figure out what you did :)

I think you sold 2 calls with 50 strike price and someone bought them for $650 - yes?
I bought two EBS calls for May with a strike price of $50 and paid $32.50 (or $3250) each for them. That gets me the equivalent of 200 shares but ponying up only $6500 for them. Since the stock is trading around $80, had I bought $6500 worth of stock, it would amount to about 80 shares, not 200, so I've got about 2.5X leverage. In other words, if it drops eight more points (or another 10%), it's going to ding me at least 25% but if it goes up eight points then I'd get more like 25% of a gain. I see that it is down to $79 and may pull the trigger on one more call if they're cheaper yet.

EBS

QS

BLDP

These are the most speculative positions in my portfolio. So don’t fret with the gyrations. All are long term plays for me. 

I am doing some heavy research on another emerging sector and will eventually let you guys know what I am doing in the space of "Crisper" Bio Technology. Basically there are 6 big players here. So I am doing my due diligence on all of them. My plan is to create a 6 position ETF per say and weight them accordingly based on my conviction in each. 

Stay tuned.
Todem Woods

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
EBS

QS

BLDP

Stay tuned.
Great post. Question: Do you know PRIM at all? Looking at it as a long term infrastructure play. Seems reasonably priced.

So, does EBS basically boil down to the US isn't going to stop buying Anthrax vaccines? Because the re-evaluation of the national stockpile and the prospect of cutting back the amount we're buying would concern me more than the QC stuff.

I bought two EBS calls for May with a strike price of $50 and paid $32.50 (or $3250) each for them. That gets me the equivalent of 200 shares but ponying up only $6500 for them. Since the stock is trading around $80, had I bought $6500 worth of stock, it would amount to about 80 shares, not 200, so I've got about 2.5X leverage. In other words, if it drops eight more points (or another 10%), it's going to ding me at least 25% but if it goes up eight points then I'd get more like 25% of a gain. I see that it is down to $79 and may pull the trigger on one more call if they're cheaper yet.
When did you buy these?

PLTR

*gasp* The CEO sold shares!

"Karp has 60.9 million stock options granted in 2009 with strike prices of 10.3 cents that will expire on Dec. 3, and another 8 million options granted in 2011 with a strike price of 85 cents that also expire Dec. 3.

Exercising those options will cost Karp $12.8 million. In return, he will receive stock worth $1.6 billion. That will create a mammoth tax bill and Karp is likely to sell a substantial portion of those shares this year to cover the liability."

I will preface this with "I am not trying to be snarky in any way (with text you can’t hear my tone)"

When I say noise.....I mean that. BA had all kinds of noise back in March 2020 The stock was behaving like no one will ever buy a plane from them again and they will go under.

I pounded the table about buying in the low 100’s even screaming about it when it was around 100 a share at one brief moment.

Fast forward to today. 

There was a ton of noise. Legit concerns.....just like now on EBS. But when I have conviction.....I make the big boy decisions to buy when people are running for the hills.

That is conviction. 

It is how I have always been with stocks. Most of the time.....I have won. Do we lose a few? Of course. But that is how it goes. No one can bat 1000.

I am not advocating dropping in 50% of your portfolio in this stock. Hell you should never be more than 5% weighted in any one company in my opinion. 10% max for the highest risk tolerance.....and that is really pushing it IMO. 

So yes.

EBS

BUY BUY BUY BUY

Block out the noise and go long. 
FOMO made me buy a tad more. I will hope we who are in the "This too shall pass" group are correct.

When did you buy these?
10:09AM. If you look on Yahoo Finance for the EBS calls, you will see them. I errantly wrote "May" in my original post but they are the September calls with $50 strike price. Sorry for the typo. Volume should be two as I am the only buyer at this point and the precise sale price was $32.47. I may buy one more, they seem like a good deal today.

Users who are viewing this thread