What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Sacrificed at the SPAC altar and funded some more BLDP and a starter in EBS.  If I had the cash I'd think about selling a put on EBS - this is probably a local low.

Keerock said:
Selloff or runup before long weekend?
Remember how Bitcoin ran up to like 20k a share then dropped to 3k before hitting 60k all in 2-3 years and how me, you and everyone else wishes they would have double mortgaged their houses to buy it at 3k? 

I feel we are at a similar point with the stock market and will be looking back a year from now wondering why we didn't buy more QUALITY stocks.

ETA

JMHO I'm not an official stockperson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember how Bitcoin ran up to like 20k a share then dropped to 3k before hitting 60k all in 2-3 years and how me, you and everyone else wishes they would have double mortgaged their houses to buy it at 3k? 

I feel we are at a similar point with the stock market and will be looking back a year from now wondering why we didn't buy more QUALITY stocks.

ETA

Yeah, I know it's fun to buy the little penny stocks and bark out things like STONKS but the vast majority of my holdings are boring, dividend producing stocks that I think will be around long after I'm gone.  Feel like Apple was giving us a buying opp the last month or so.  

Also read an article about Cathie Woods recent purchases and scooped up some Open Door for no other reason than because she loaded up on it.  Feel like that stock is a disrupter of sorts and will revolutionize the real estate game.  Feel like there's going to be a lot of home sellers in the next 2-5 years and many of them will embrace technology and ease.

ETA

Amazon under 3k a few weeks ago still makes me laugh out loud. I unloaded on that. 

ETA

I hope you are right. I do think I’m 5 years there are going to be some things we laugh at wondering why the heck they were the hottest things ever while some things that had great fundamentals were put in the corner. Which ones are which may yet to be determined but they’ll be obvious when we look back.

Nice action today, especially the close. S&P stayed above 4, Dow above 33. Start of a new quarter. April is historically a good month. Nothing huge on the near term horizon hopefully. Spring is in the air. Baseball is back!

Barring anything unforeseen over the weekend, I finally feel confident plunking down some money for the long term. 

What the hell am I supposed to do tomorrow?
It's funny, I log into one of my accounts and see the notice that the market is closed tomorrow and laughed.

I thought the only people that get Good Friday off were those of us in the steel (or related) industry. Truthfully, I'd rather have a guaranteed Friday off in the spring rather than some Tuesday in November. 

Full disclosure, I'm a veteran

:banned:

• Love
Reactions: JAA
It's funny, I log into one of my accounts and see the notice that the market is closed tomorrow and laughed.

I thought the only people that get Good Friday off were those of us in the steel (or related) industry. Truthfully, I'd rather have a guaranteed Friday off in the spring rather than some Tuesday in November. 

I have Good Friday off.  I think they closed the market for anticipated lack of volume.

BREAKING: The US added back 916,000 jobs in March, the strongest gain in 7 months as the economy picks up steam.

Official unemployment rate = 6% (down from 6.2% in Feb.)

**Overall the US has now gained back 13.7 million jobs – 62% -- of the 22.2 million lost in the pandemic**

should be a great day in the market!

<_<

• Laughing
Unrelated: can somebody Cash App me $15k? I'm good for it. 
28% interest? Compound daily

👍 

I'd take good friday off instead of Washington's birthday, veterans day or Columbus day. I'd take it over MLK but that would get no legs right now. 

I have no idea how much investors were counting on this, but you might be able to get $EBS even cheaper on Monday if they were counting on it at all:

Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE:EBS) today provided an update on the evaluation of its investigational SARS-CoV-2 Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) (COVID-HIG) for the treatment of hospitalized patients with COVID-19.

Topline data from the ITAC trial demonstrated that the addition of anti-SARS-CoV-2 hyperimmunoglobulin to standard of care, inclusive of remdesivir, for hospitalized adult COVID-19 patients with symptoms for less than 12 days did not provide clinical benefit when compared to standard of care plus placebo. There were no serious safety concerns identified
This was a Phase III trial

BREAKING: The US added back 916,000 jobs in March, the strongest gain in 7 months as the economy picks up steam.

**Overall the US has now gained back 13.7 million jobs – 62% -- of the 22.2 million lost in the pandemic**

<_<
I never get some of these jobs reports. We literally had more than expected unemployment claims yesterday, which the market pretty much ignored.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/weekly-jobless-claims.html

I don’t think this jobs report would have done anything after a nice week. We’ve seen it before where bad and good news don’t really affect things. To be honest with the re-opening stocks (many banks, restaurants and travel stocks) at ATHs, we have already priced in a we’re back at normal even though revenue wise some of them aren’t close. MGM, Marriott, Bloomin, JPM, KR and others are all at or right next to their all time highs. I know stuff like Carnival sure isn’t but many of these companies are in worse shape now (a lot of debt added, a lot of dilution so less chance of increasing capital expenditures for future growth). Will be interesting but I could have easily seen the market shrug those numbers off especially with the claims increase the day before.

I have no idea how much investors were counting on this, but you might be able to get $EBS even cheaper on Monday if they were counting on it at all:

Emergent BioSolutions Inc. (NYSE:EBS) today provided an update on the evaluation of its investigational SARS-CoV-2 Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) (COVID-HIG) for the treatment of hospitalized patients with COVID-19.

This was a Phase III trial
Ouch. That can't be good.

I'm hoping this was the reason for the price drop this week ...  yet this wasn't reported until today?

• Thanks
$NNOX got their FDA approval!

Link

:drive:
How much doubt do you think there was last couple of months or so leading up to the approval?

Guy with a bunch of $62 shares wondering how much approval was already baked in, or if we expect this to rocket to new highs...

Ouch. That can't be good.

I'm hoping this was the reason for the price drop this week ...  yet this wasn't reported until today?
It was mentioned a couple times here that last week's price drop was due to EBS ruining 15 million J&J vaccines.

How much doubt do you think there was last couple of months or so leading up to the approval?

Guy with a bunch of $62 shares wondering how much approval was already baked in, or if we expect this to rocket to new highs...
A lot of doubt. I have to imagine you'll at least get to your cost basis pretty quickly, I'd be shocked if you didn't. I also think this will give some confidence to institutional investors. They still might wait for the multi-source to be approved, though.

I have a question - it's gonna sound snarky but it's not meant to be - a lot of times people will ask "why did XYZ go up/down" when the answer is usually easily located on the news section of the ticker page in my brokerage accounts (TDA, Fidelity, Schwab.) Are there some brokerages that don't list company news?

I have a question - it's gonna sound snarky but it's not meant to be - a lot of times people will ask "why did XYZ go up/down" when the answer is usually easily located on the news section of the ticker page in my brokerage accounts (TDA, Fidelity, Schwab.) Are there some brokerages that don't list company news?
Easier to ask here....

<_<
Good news but still 8+ million that still haven't gotten a job back.  :(

Lots of Twitter-folk pointing out that FDA "clearance" does not equal "approval", are we popping boners prematurely?

What’s this going to? I can be on the computer Monday at 7 am. 
In what timeframe? I’m holding for years and years. But, I imagine there will be a pretty big spike and some short covering Monday- Tuesday. Then there’ll be a lull in news again for several months at least while they submit for the multi-source and await that decision. Then they have to execute on sales. I wouldn’t be surprised if it drifted lower than whatever it spikes to Monday during that time.

TL;DR I have no idea.

• Laughing
I never get some of these jobs reports. We literally had more than expected unemployment claims yesterday, which the market pretty much ignored.
IIRC, the monthly reports usually cover the first two weeks of the month and last two weeks of the month before. So today's report would cover mid-Feb through mid-March

Users who are viewing this thread