What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

I had an order to sell half my Desert Mountain if I caught a double, and I did this morning.  :bowtie:

Trading currently halted, will resume in 35 mins  :oldunsure:

I had an order to sell half my Desert Mountain if I caught a double, and I did this morning.  :bowtie:

Trading currently halted, will resume in 35 mins  :oldunsure:
Make sure to post the SEC market manipulation letter/court summons you get.  :thumbup:

-----

In other news, today bonds, stocks, and RE are all up.  Makes those with diversified holdings look brilliant.  At least today.  :towelwave:

UIPath. Automation company. Not sure the date yet, but I'm very intrigued. 
Got it. I put in for 200 shares. I put in for Tusimple and Applovin as well. Chances are I get squadoosh but they seem up my alley. We’ll see what happens. Should know this week on a couple of them. 

Hope you grabbed some SQ, too.
Got both. Good day today. Been a nice couple weeks. Still down 12-15% from the peak in February but at least up this year which is nice after last year. Wish I could fast forward a few years just to know how I did overall to see if I could relax more. 

SFTW just seems to hover at the $10 mark and has for weeks. I may have to cut my losses and move on. That's frustrating. 
I'm way down on that one, but I like the technology, so am going to hold.  Well, I may sell, pray it doesn't go anywhere for 31 days, and rebuy.  But I want that moonshot in this one. 

DM is the one that's frustrating me.  Damn, what a fall.

Well, just from an eye test...using $200M cash to pay off debt early isn't something they would do if the company/stock is in trouble. Cleaning up the balance sheet could be leading to an acquisition. They've announced they can sell shares up to $1B followed by clearing debt with cash. Seems like something is cooking...
Good thoughts.  Thanks  

Well, just from an eye test...using $200M cash to pay off debt early isn't something they would do if the company/stock is in trouble. Cleaning up the balance sheet could be leading to an acquisition. They've announced they can sell shares up to $1B followed by clearing debt with cash. Seems like something is cooking...
I don’t want to say wishful thinking but those notes were at 10%. In this interest rate environment that’s awful. That’s CYDY type rates. I think this is more of a simple retire really bad debt that the prior team put together especially as they’ve closed many stores to cut costs.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I don’t want to say wishful thinking but those notes were at 10%. In this interest rate environment that’s awful. That’s CYDY type rates. I think this is more of a simple retire really bad debt that the prior team put together especially as they’ve closed many stores to cut costs.
For sure - at the very least, it is clearing out bad debt. On the upside, they could be preparing for something bigger...and, considering how aggressively Cohen is making changes, I'm looking for follow through. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
For sure - at the very least, it is clearing out bad debt. On the upside, they could be preparing for something bigger...and, considering how aggressively Cohen is making changes, I'm looking for follow through. 
It is. I think it’s basically a we’re going to sell shares to fund the attempt to turn things around so why not just sell more shares to replace the cash that’s paying off bad debt. I think it’s a stretch to think they paid off the bad debt for some big acquisition. They aren’t really profitable right now and they need to spend a ####load to pivot to e-commerce only.

It is. I think it’s basically a we’re going to sell shares to fund the attempt to turn things around so why not just sell more shares to replace the cash that’s paying off bad debt. I think it’s a stretch to think they paid off the bad debt for some big acquisition. They aren’t really profitable right now and they need to spend a ####load to pivot to e-commerce only.
Of course, this is all subject to change immediately if Cohen tweets out a GIF of a clown farting in a dolphin's mouth.

RIOT blew up today. Are you guys jumping out temporarily?

Surprised MARA didn't really bounce much with it. 

Eta: oops...anyone else?   :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
GCV slowing making strides.  Its a @Todem-tastic play.  Are we long here or do we have an exit number?
Good question  :thumbup:

I've been trying to find a reason to sell any of the $GCV or $PBFX that I got last quarter. Both are staying strong and I'm going to stick to the boring dividend plan that got me in those to begin with.

The only dividend ticker that makes my heart flutter is $SLVO. I keep clocking dollars with it though :notselling:

:banned:

Fidelity or Schwab and why?  Not for trading or funds, just a stock/cash account online.  Website ease and interface is actually important.

Are there any other to consider?  Just want a big, safe, recognizable (for older uncle) name.  He had a USAA account and they stopped doing stonks.  They're referring business to Schwab I guess -- did Schwab buy or take over USAA's money management biz?

And is there much difference in advisors or customer service with these?  Thanks.

Fidelity or Schwab and why?  Not for trading or funds, just a stock/cash account online.  Website ease and interface is actually important.

Are there any other to consider?  Just want a big, safe, recognizable (for older uncle) name.  He had a USAA account and they stopped doing stonks.  They're referring business to Schwab I guess -- did Schwab buy or take over USAA's money management biz?

And is there much difference in advisors or customer service with these?  Thanks.
I have accounts on both and like the ease, options and information on Fidelity more.

I use both.

Fidelity website crushes Schwab's.  It's just so much faster to get to the info you want.

Schwab if you want to buy small foreign stuff as Fidelity charges fees.

When you place a trade with Schwab, it defaults to 100 shares.  I bought my MIL $320,000 of Amazon on margin instead of $3200 worth.  Luckily I caught it a few minutes later and made her a quick $900 minus margin interest.

Wow that's good stuff, thanks.  Did not think about the info each provides, that's huge.  Surprised there's such a difference.
Here's an example...let's say I want to see how many different times I've bought the turd DM and if any of the buys have been profitable.  On Fidelity it's one click on DM and a drop down box appears showing each and every mistake.  Let's say I actually have a "lot" that is up 10% and I want to trim, the trade this security button is right there.  But the reality is that I don't so I just scroll on down my stocks.

On Schwab I have to click an icon to the right which gives a drop down menu where I have to click transactions.  I'm then transported to a new page.  Now I have to click the back button to get back to where I was before to either sell or scroll on.

RIOT blew up today. Are you guys jumping out temporarily?

Surprised MARA didn't really bounce much with it. 

Eta: oops...anyone else?   :doh:
I sold out of the last of my Riot today, too soon of course ($56ish).

As for MARA I think that's probably just because MARA has run up so much recently relative to the rest of the miners.  It was due for a day of lagging them.

Users who are viewing this thread