What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

It's Bezos day.  Shouldn't be surprising the stank drags down the entire market.
Man, he’s off in rocket land now.

Anyone got any thoughts on CLOV and KALA? Still sitting on them as I’m up on both now. It’s not a lot but I kind of have a hankering to finish off some other positions and trim down my number of holdings. Looking at GSAH and PSTH. I could put a big dent in finalizing some long term positions but don’t want to sell too soon if they might have life. KALA is probably the one that intrigues me the most down the road.

AAPL crushes every single metric, announces huge stock buyback.

Stock sinks.
Makes me think that whatever AMZN reports, it can NEVER live up to what expectations are.

Wouldn't shock me for them to crush earnings and have the price drop.

(same as AAPL)

Biggest moron move of the day...me staring at that sell button on my Amazon position and not "clicking"....repeatedly.

Also getting my butt handed to me on Z.

Here's another scorching hot take:  I think Nike makes crappy shoes.  They fall apart too easily and are horrible for fat guys like me who get plantar fasciitis absent proper footwear.  I swear by New Balance for the older guy who walks 5 miles a day and needs the right support.  

Nike is 16% of my holdings.  

Here's another scorching hot take:  I think Nike makes crappy shoes.  They fall apart too easily and are horrible for fat guys like me who get plantar fasciitis absent proper footwear.  I swear by New Balance for the older guy who walks 5 miles a day and needs the right support.  

Brooks ftw

@Todem if you were handling a $400k account would it be at all possible that you had your client so well positioned that you would make Zero moves over 4 months this year other than deducting your fee?
Funny you should ask this. I pretty much have everyone well positioned speaking candidly. Everything depends on the account type (IRA or taxable account) goals, income needs, growth only? Lot’s of variables. 

So for example....we are writing a lot of covered calls on our larger clients accounts (1MM or more in equities). Going way out of the money (typically 20-30% out of the money and expiring between 4-6 months from now). We feel like the market is going to be range bound here the remainder of this year and moving into 2022. This is a great way to generate additional income for the portfolio....and if some positions get called away...that’s ok. They will be very profitable stocks. We can always buy them right back if the strike is close to the price they were called away on. I expect most of these calls to expire worthless. And then we can write them again and add value.

For accounts like a 400K account....if it was an IRA...I would look at a rebalance right now. No taxable implications and making sure it is on track to the model allocation and not drifting. 

Just because I may not have activity in an account does not mean we are not working. We are constantly monitoring all the positions, both stocks and mutual funds, running risk models, and doing plenty of work.

A fee is more than just trading activity and I think that can get lost for some people. 

I do a ton of due diligence work that takes time. My clients pay me for expertise, portfolio construction, planning and giving advice on a wide range of topics that have to do with all things financial (Insurance, estate planning, long term care, college planning, home or business financing etc etc......not just trading.

I guess it all depends if you feel you getting value for what you are paying for. 

And when the market is just humming along people tend to think.....”I can do this by myself” then a correction hits and all the “emotional" mistakes are made....like clockwork. 

Biggest moron move of the day...me staring at that sell button on my Amazon position and not "clicking"....repeatedly.

Also getting my butt handed to me on Z.
Well I did this with Tesla earlier in the week despite knowing it was the wrong move to hold soooooooo

New Balance? Come on man have some pride 

Funny you should ask this. I pretty much have everyone well positioned speaking candidly. Everything depends on the account type (IRA or taxable account) goals, income needs, growth only? Lot’s of variables. 

So for example....we are writing a lot of covered calls on our larger clients accounts (1MM or more in equities). Going way out of the money (typically 20-30% out of the money and expiring between 4-6 months from now). We feel like the market is going to be range bound here the remainder of this year and moving into 2022. This is a great way to generate additional income for the portfolio....and if some positions get called away...that’s ok. They will be very profitable stocks. We can always buy them right back if the strike is close to the price they were called away on. I expect most of these calls to expire worthless. And then we can write them again and add value.

For accounts like a 400K account....if it was an IRA...I would look at a rebalance right now. No taxable implications and making sure it is on track to the model allocation and not drifting. 

Just because I may not have activity in an account does not mean we are not working. We are constantly monitoring all the positions, both stocks and mutual funds, running risk models, and doing plenty of work.

A fee is more than just trading activity and I think that can get lost for some people. 

I do a ton of due diligence work that takes time. My clients pay me for expertise, portfolio construction, planning and giving advice on a wide range of topics that have to do with all things financial (Insurance, estate planning, long term care, college planning, home or business financing etc etc......not just trading.

I guess it all depends if you feel you getting value for what you are paying for. 

And when the market is just humming along people tend to think.....”I can do this by myself” then a correction hits and all the “emotional" mistakes are made....like clockwork. 
I attest to @Todem always working for his clients, and well worth the money 😊.

Now he’s just got to get me to the 1MM mark so I can do some of those covered call things 😜

This x1000. If that's all you want, you're probably wasting time with an advisor. Overcoming the biases that almost everyone has with their own money is what is worth the fee. And having someone ask all the questions you didn't think about (do you need to be saving money for your parents future nursing home needs, or do they have that covered?, etc). 

Makes me think that whatever AMZN reports, it can NEVER live up to what expectations are.

Wouldn't shock me for them to crush earnings and have the price drop.

(same as AAPL)
Josh Brown said this morning that he doesn't think an earnings smash is built into the price for AMZN so it could sky rocket after hours.

FWIW

Brooks ftw

Hoke One One

New Balance? Come on man have some pride 

My wife swears by these.  My NB more fresh foam are big enough, and the Hoka's make those look small.  

I mix it up a bit.  Pull out the Addias Torsion and tight rolled Guess jeans at times.  
Y'all suck.

Saucony ($WWW) is almost all I wear now. 

Users who are viewing this thread