What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Man it is probably going to be ugly if they don't announce a split.  May completely negate (and then some) a huge blowout quarter.

Stocktwits is amazing on days like today

"Give me a split so I can increase my ownership."

Wha?
I said it before, I think a ton people think that splits give them free shares somehow. It’s the same people who applauded GME after the dilution was done. It’s part of the reason why I’d have trouble investing in Tesla. A huge part of their 2020 run up was getting into the S&P and splitting. They still haven’t made a profit from operations, they are mainly selling the lower margin cars and I’ve seen people post about Musk’s other businesses like SpaceX as if they are part of Tesla. I just worry that one day those investors will stop buying every dip, walk somewhere else and then the real numbers take over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t want to say that’s a dumb comparison but isn’t GDP more equivalent to sales (not market cap which is a multiple of sales or earnings) and if so what price to sales multiple do countries get?

Also, these companies are a wee bit more profitable than countries.

Seems to me like a weird random comparison that means nothing.
It's mind-blowing the value of these 4 companies.

I said it before, I think a ton people think that splits give them free shares somehow. It’s the same people who applauded GME after the dilution was done. It’s part of the reason why I’d have trouble investing in Tesla. A huge part of their 2020 run up was getting into the S&P and splitting. They still haven’t made a profit from operations, they are mainly selling the lower margin cars and I’ve seen people post about Musk’s other businesses like SpaceX as if they are part of Tesla. I just worry that one day those investors will stop buying every dip, walk somewhere else and then the real numbers take over.
My favorite Italian saying: La mamma dei cretini è sempre incinta

"You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today.

"Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only Microsoft, and Amazon, and T-Mobile, and DuPont, Dow, Skillz and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale."

"You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today.

"Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only Microsoft, and Amazon, and T-Mobile, and DuPont, Dow, Skillz and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale."
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man.

I had to rewatch this scene, been 20 years since I watched this. Ned Beatty has some range!

Picked up a little TWTR on this 10.6% post earnings drop in AH.  Seems these things often overreact (either way) in AH, then settle down a bit the next day so hoping for a quick trade.

So if they didn't announce the split pre Q&A they probably aren't going to do it, right?  Surely that's not something they'd announce as the answer to a question.

Q: Are you guys doing a split or what?

A: (slaps forehead.) ####, sorry, completely forgot about that in the whirlwind of PRINTING ####### RACKS ON TOP OF RACKS, YO!
:lmao: I knew I was forgetting something!  I thought I left the oven on at home!  Had my partner check it three times today!

So many boring JPM and Jeffries guys asking these boring questions on the AMZN call.  WSBs should get a rep that gets to ask one question as well so someone can put them on the spot about a possible split in the future with Bezos out.

So many boring JPM and Jeffries guys asking these boring questions on the AMZN call.  WSBs should get a rep that gets to ask one question as well so someone can put them on the spot about a possible split in the future with Bezos out.
Was waiting for a ***Breaking News*** throw to Gene Munster to announce the split.  :kicksrock:

The good news is made a small fortune on my 35 shares of AMZN today.

Users who are viewing this thread