What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (6 Viewers)

Anyone care to share an opinion on MVIS?

Took a huge hit last night on earnings miss.

Possibly a good time to get in?

I don’t see any fundamental reason to get in at all - just need to gamble and hope you’re on the right side of the meme that day and hope you’re in when a squeeze hits.

Get in now and hold. It will spike again in time. I'm getting in again, buy the fear.

Last edited by a moderator:

They've been around for 28 years and have only 3M in rev. Not really sure how they've stayed in business that long, let alone be valued at over $2B. I remember they had a big pump and dump in the early 2000's. I think it was over their pico projector. There very well could be another pump is in the cards, but not a stock I'd want to be stuck with when the music stops.

Skyworks Solutions, with a reasonable enough P/E around 30x and a dividend, is down 8.30% because they only had 53% revenue growth, beating estimates, beat on EPS, and guided higher than analyst estimates. Can't have that. Adding to my watchlist.

Skyworks Solutions, with a reasonable enough P/E around 30x and a dividend, is down 8.30% because they only had 53% revenue growth, beating estimates, beat on EPS, and guided higher than analyst estimates. Can't have that. Adding to my watchlist.
In for a share.  I'll add as it drops.

Nope. Been sucked down that route with Apple before. I think we see the 120s before 140s
Kept telling myself to sell my Apple (could even see a pretty good line of resistance at $136).  The play seems to be to buy some a few weeks before earnings and then sell in after hours when it shoots up.  There's been a few Twitter rumors involving Apple and EVs lately which stuck in my mind too.  Looks like I'm in for another quarter while it Amazon's me.

So let me get this straight, Elon Musk bought Bitcoin, pumped it up on Twitter, sold 1/2 of the  Bitcoin, then padded Tesla earnings with it? And now the stock is rising?

Anyone smarter than me have input on TRCH? I'm in for 500 shares at $1.80. from what I read there is a merger happening and a sell off of some oil lands that is going to provide a special dividend. Seems like a good investment no?

edit to add there is supposed to be some PR today

Anyone smarter than me have input on TRCH? I'm in for 500 shares at $1.80. from what I read there is a merger happening and a sell off of some oil lands that is going to provide a special dividend. Seems like a good investment no?

Saw this a couple days ago SAGE - META: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF GEOTHERMAL FOR CLEAN, COMPACT, RENEWABLE BASELOAD POWER.. Around 18M shares short, so many are expecting a good squeeze.

Unfortunately, I got in higher before the market tanked (small position).

So let me get this straight, Elon Musk bought Bitcoin, pumped it up on Twitter, sold 1/2 of the  Bitcoin, then padded Tesla earnings with it? And now the stock is rising?
Not exactly.

TSLA dropped 15% after the earnings report that included bitcoin.  People clearly ignored the Bitcoin sales in their evaluation of earnings and it tanked.

I think it is up today because of this: https://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-stock-turns-higher-because-sales-and-deliveries-may-blow-away-estimates-51619801562

Either way, it's definitely not up today because they sold some Bitcoin and reported it at earnings given that it's been red literally every day since earnings until now.

Picked up a little TWTR on this 10.6% post earnings drop in AH.  Seems these things often overreact (either way) in AH, then settle down a bit the next day so hoping for a quick trade.
Well that didn't work, down 13% today so I'm down a couple of points.  

So I downloaded this Robinhood app and threw a couple hundred bucks in it. Can you guys just tell me the right stocks to buy now that will let me retire next year?

What about airlines? Thinking about maybe throwing some $$ at Delta or Southwest. I know they have gone up since they crashed during the pandemic, but I think they have a good chance to recover pretty well by the end of the year.

To be fair, I've never really followed stocks before and my current strategy is just throw extra money at whatever I see in news articles.  :lmao:

So far I've bought some Amazon stock and Noravax stock. 

Dropping like a rock.

Might meet you @ $1.80

top dog said:
To be fair, I've never really followed stocks before and my current strategy is just throw extra money at whatever I see in news articles.  :lmao:

This was me in here a few years ago...

I remember asking if AMZN was a good play ... after my dd revealed that 1/2 of America households had prime membership. Just a matter of time before the other half catches on.

Course the stock price was maybe $1500 back then.

This was me in here a few years ago...

I remember asking if AMZN was a good play ... after my dd revealed that 1/2 of America households had prime membership. Just a matter of time before the other half catches on.

Course the stock price was maybe $1500 back then.
Designated Driver?

GROOT said:
He did kick Bezos butt and won a lunar contract that Bezos is :cry: over.  While it doesn't related to Tesla directly, people are putting their money behind a successful leader, not one getting shoved out to pasture.

top dog said:

Best advice I could give (which I have yet taken as I’m playing short, basically gambling, and not long yet) is to read every @Todem post over the past few months and do/buy as he suggests.  

:yawn:  bought some AVUV (small cap ETF), MNMD, GOEV, AI, and LAZR today. MNMD will be a short term. The others are buy and hold.

Users who are viewing this thread