What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

So do I buy back the shares I sold here or do we see further down side?
I’m not buying here fwiw. I think it could slip back to 32-3300 and I’ll get in there. 

Still think we end the year in the 38-4000 range. Extremely confident in that but man, Bezos hates his shareholders. 

Not a bad month. 4.65% total increase in retirement accounts. 

I know you ballers are doing better but I'm pleased.

5.8% here. S and p 500 was 4%
Yeah, the bulk of my accounts are fairly conservative at this point.  I'm good with it.

Checked my selective buy and hold accounts - up 6.06% and 7.54% (mostly due to SE and DFS) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be the top secret TSP funds. Mine have barely gotten that YTD. 
(I putting my hand against the side of my mouth so Capella can't hear what I'm saying)

I don't think Capella is doing the math right if he thinks he's up 12% in his mutual fund last month.

(I putting my hand against the side of my mouth so Capella can't hear what I'm saying)

I don't think Capella is doing the math right if he thinks he's up 12% in his mutual fund last month.
I was referring to year to date. Wasn’t paying attention I guess. 

Yeah, the bulk of my accounts are fairly conservative at this point.  I'm good with it.

Checked my selective buy and hold accounts - up 6.06% and 7.54% (mostly due to SE and DFS) 
Nice. I didn’t hit that mark. Too much Wbs and DM. Also I have a bad habit of hedging with UXyz and tza. Lasting I’ve been lugging around a 25% Bezos boat anchor 

Listened to a MF Industry Focus podcast from earlier this week during my morning run and learned about this 5G themed ETF

You can download the holdings CSV at that link. Pretty decent holdings (SE is top holding, the guy who created the ETF talked about why in the podcast which was a good listen) if you want 5G exposure but don't know which individual stocks to pick. 

Listened to a MF Industry Focus podcast from earlier this week during my morning run and learned about this 5G themed ETF

You can download the holdings CSV at that link. Pretty decent holdings (SE is top holding, the guy who created the ETF talked about why in the podcast which was a good listen) if you want 5G exposure but don't know which individual stocks to pick. 
I own a lot of those stocks.

Often hard to tell which of these podcasts are going to be useful, but that is a pretty good one. Have a lot of the names mentioned too.

Is it still a good time to buy on this one? I'm totally just trying to piggyback off you guys without doing an DD on my own.
Yea as Chaz said I think it hits 30-40 with the EUA but of course there is always the chance it doesn’t get it. In which case it drops to 8-10. 

Desert_Power said:
Often hard to tell which of these podcasts are going to be useful, but that is a pretty good one. Have a lot of the names mentioned too.
Any podcast that talks favorable about stocks we own is a good one.

Any podcast that talks favorable about stocks we own is a good one.
True. I particularly liked the one where their finance guy picked WFC as his stock of 2021. But, I've gotten some good ideas from them or learned of stocks I never would have heard of (VWDRY). This one was particularly interesting because the ETF founder has a lot in common with my investment philosophy. There isn't a lot of good free content out there that doesn't feel shady...

Think I'm going to buy some MMI in the am. Real estate prices are through the roof in more sectors than residential, they crushed last quarter, and it looks like analysts expectations are very low. Seems like a setup for a beat.

I also want to validate a (perhaps faulty?) recollection I have that the stock trends up in advance of earnings (5/7), though I believe it broke that in the heart of covid. 

This is a trade. Not an investment. Looking for low $40s in very short order. But the stock seems to want to settle around $35 anyway. Really low downside and a good floor regardless imo. 

I am picking up a small investment in BYND. They are rolling out new products, and I am betting on more people trying them after all the "Biden is coming for your burgers" political takes. 

McBokonon said:

Other than having SE as it's top holding, is there any real reason to buy that one over FIVG? 

Other than having SE as it's top holding, is there any real reason to buy that one over FIVG? 
The holdings actually seem to be pretty different. Might not be a bad idea to go half/half as a 5g ETF play. WUGI has some foreign exchange exposure FIVG doesn’t, too. 

WUGI almost seems more conservative in a way with FIVG holding more swing for the fences stuff. 

I am picking up a small investment in BYND. They are rolling out new products, and I am betting on more people trying them after all the "Biden is coming for your burgers" political takes. 
My 12yo convinced us to try some veggie burgers Saturday. I won't be eating those (at least that brand) again. Tasted like a merger of bad beef and fish. :X

My 16yo, who really wanted to like them did not. 12yo and his 6yo sister liked it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I told him I'd rather just eat black beans in a salad than a fake burger for our meatless days.

My 12yo convinced us to try some veggie burgers Saturday. I won't be eating those (at least that brand) again. Tasted like a merger of bad beef and fish. :X

My 16yo, who really wanted to like them did not. 12yo and his 6yo sister liked it. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I told him I'd rather just eat black beans in a salad than a fake burger for our meatless days.
Well, they are replacing that product in grocery stores starting this week, so you should try again! 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/beyond-meat-just-revealed-its-juiciest-burger-ever-130018981.html 

Well, they are replacing that product in grocery stores starting this week, so you should try again! 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/beyond-meat-just-revealed-its-juiciest-burger-ever-130018981.html 
I’ll be interested to see what these are like. IMO, Impossible > Beyond right now. Beyond burgers are a big upgrade over veggie burgers of years past, but they still have a bit of a funky taste. Impossible meat cooks and tastes almost exactly like regular beef, it’s pretty wild. 

Users who are viewing this thread