What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (29 Viewers)

anyone in Lumber stocks? I know many are near all time highs. Is there any meat left on the bones or should I avoid? thanks

After ETSY crushed and still went down, I sold FVRR yesterday figuring whatever they reported wouldn't matter (I am right so far.) Trimmed FLGT for the same reason (my cost basis is likely way lower than most here so I'm still holding a decent amount.) Sold DKNG based on PENN's action despite great earnings. Leaving SQ alone. Basically doing my own mini-rotation, trimming/selling some growth profits (those reporting this week) and adding or initiating a few more dividend-type or blue chip positions. Nothing like VZ, but started/added to TTC and FDX, added to NEE, added to COST, DIS, and MSFT. 
I did decide to add a bit to ETSY. I can't freaking wait for SE to crush earnings and go down 10% anyway so I can add to that position for the first time in a while. I forgot about AXON, they report today, too. I'm leaving them alone and will add if it goes down unless they announce they are shifting into turning bodycam footage into NFT's.

Damn, I’m just giving money back now. Really feel like it’s way overblown but this sucks a bit. Gotta keep remembering the long term goals just not fun watching day to day, really only my IRA getting whacked. Definitely should have trimmed way more back in February. Oh well, baby with the bath water. Even the stocks that reported great results and raised future guidance are still getting whacked. 5-10 year horizon  LOL, it’s way too easy to trade stocks now so day to day is so damn volatile.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
McBokonon said:
I did decide to add a bit to ETSY. I can't freaking wait for SE to crush earnings and go down 10% anyway so I can add to that position for the first time in a while. I forgot about AXON, they report today, too. I'm leaving them alone and will add if it goes down unless they announce they are shifting into turning bodycam footage into NFT's.
I feel like I want to add some things and maybe move some money into other things but I can’t pull the trigger on anything. Like you said, it almost won’t matter what you report right now. It’s just sell on the report regardless. 

I feel like I want to add some things and maybe move some money into other things but I can’t pull the trigger on anything. Like you said, it almost won’t matter what you report right now. It’s just sell on the report regardless. 
My stocks (RVLV, DKING, BYND,) are also tanking before they report earnings. GME is green on the day, though. 

Market so frustrating.  PENN beats earning estimates and is down 9%.  I know this is commonplace now but the old accountant in my is struggling to wrap my brain around this.  

Jumped out of a few things today....a Lithium stock that I've held for 5+ years and was green on, but just didn't feel like it wanted to do anything but leaf slowly down, so took the long term profits and raised cash.  Also sold a Cobalt stock that has been in the red for several years and was showing signs of life with the resurgence in Cobalt earlier this year, but Cobalt metal prices are slipping again and this stock is going with it.  Buh-bye.  

Out on RBLX.  Should have taken the quick profit last month but got out before major damage could occur.  This game has turned my little kids into psychopaths and while they may be addicted, screw that game and screw that stock.  I'm out.  Got out of OPEN too; I like the concept, but I didn't get the torque from being a Cathie Wood darling like I had hoped.  So, OPEN is closed out.  

So, I was at 0% cash this morning and now 12% cash.  I'm going to jump into INTC and DKNG with equal weighting.  Might also add some Copper to the portfolio via Ivanhoe Mines.  

GLA.

I think I'm only down 5.5% from my highs but it feels much worse. 

Fidelity should allow you to hide certain positions from view on your account page, I'd like to forget about BLDP and FLGT for a while and revisit in a few years.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
UWMC down big in sympathy for RKT getting crushed.  Which is pretty odd as UWMC is one of the big reasons that RKT business has gone down - they have taken it.  I'm back to about even on UWMC, so just holding, but this might be a good entry point.

Apparently in today’s stock market a drug company getting great results in a trial, with approval almost certainly a lock, for a global pandemic drug during a global pandemic is worth a 1 day small spike followed quickly by red day wiping all said gains out.  

Market so frustrating.  PENN beats earning estimates and is down 9%.  I know this is commonplace now but the old accountant in my is struggling to wrap my brain around this.  
It helps to remember that a lot of these went up extremely high, more than they should have, in a very short amount of time and are still big gainers IF you got in early to mid last year. If you (royal you, not you specifically) hopped in later than that you’re hurting right now.

Looking to double down and DCA some of my positions.

I DCA into BLDP yesterday.

What do you guys feel is the best double down? I could double all but that would deplete almost all of my cash in my ROTH. Originally it was earmarked for S&P 500 Index but the sale popped up.

IPOE @ $23.20 -> $18.49

BB @ $20.56 -> $12.59

SI @ $126 -> $111

CRSP @ $170 -> $131.25

What do you guys feel is the best double down? I could double all but that would deplete almost all of my cash in my ROTH. Originally it was earmarked for S&P 500 Index but the sale popped up.

IPOE @ $23.20 -> $18.49

BB @ $20.56 -> $12.59

SI @ $126 -> $111

CRSP @ $170 -> $131.25
I'm not an investment professional, but think SoFI is a slam dunk double from here. The biggest risk I see is that the SEC somehow doesn't allow the merger to go through, which I have no idea if that could be the case but are slow walking all the paperwork on these SPACS now. I have 3000 shares of IPOE and added the last time it got to 13. I plan to add if it gets to 12-13 where I feel more comfortable risk wise since I don't have a lot of faith in the SEC to anything right. IF IPOE becomes SoFI I truly believe it can be a 100B company in 5 years.

I'm not an investment professional, but think SoFI is a slam dunk double from here. The biggest risk I see is that the SEC somehow doesn't allow the merger to go through, which I have no idea if that could be the case but are slow walking all the paperwork on these SPACS now. I have 3000 shares of IPOE and added the last time it got to 13. I plan to add if it gets to 12-13 where I feel more comfortable risk wise since I don't have a lot of faith in the SEC to anything right. IF IPOE becomes SoFI I truly believe it can be a 100B company in 5 years.
I also like IPOE, but I dumped it at 16.50 because it seems like I'll be able to get it back under 13 as all SPACs pull back. 

Thoughts on COIN? All welcome, good and bad. 
It’s in the range I said I would buy it in but I added a lot of stuff this past week so passing for now. I like it long-term, probably going to be directly connected to how Bitcoin is doing so I guess it depends on how you feel about that. 

I fully expect all of my stocks reporting after the close to have tremendous quarters and tank anyway, including FLGT, but their short percentage is in the 30’s. It’s the only one I can see popping but it’s unlikely.

Kala imploding for no obvious reason..
No joke.  Sold DM, will stay out for 31 days, and hopefully get back in.  Bought some UWMC and QS.  UWMC is fine.  Already losing big on QS.  :wall:

Oh, and I have one put sold on PLTR.  Let's just say the chances I own some more of that in a few weeks is getting really high...

I fully expect all of my stocks reporting after the close to have tremendous quarters and tank anyway, including FLGT, but their short percentage is in the 30’s. It’s the only one I can see popping but it’s unlikely.
I wouldn't doubt it. Planning on holding the SPACs I bought for a year and reevaluating then. 

Anything Cathie Wood has touched recently is getting pounded.  If you are checking the stock price everyday, not a time to be in disruptive, speculative stuff.

This is where having conviction in your investments matter.  If you are confident in your choices, while hard to do, just block out the day to day.

I wish I had the will to just ride this out and not look for 2-3 years.   I can't go 2 hours really.  However I am trying to take this all with some understanding that these are long term investments and cannot always expect immediate results.

I got rid of a couple that I dont have as much personal conviction on, Butterfly and Unity. Aside from that, am going to try and take the day to day more lightly for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Added more Draftkings today, pretty loaded on that one and also Flutter (PDYPY) which is Betfair and Fanduel among others.   I feel like they are here to stay, gambling isn't going anywhere. 

IPOE @ $23.20 -> $18.49

BB @ $20.56 -> $12.59

SI @ $126 -> $111

CRSP @ $170 -> $131.25
I think it comes down to your outlook.  Are you planning to keep this stock for 5-10 years or just get green?

What sticks out to me is BB @20.56.  If you plan on keeping BB for 5-10 years, average down there.

I'm going to invest in a new HVAC instead, since one of my units has stopped working :hot:  
Heard a promo on the radio this morning from a local HVAC business (heating and cooling?  I don't really know what hVAC is) and they said that if you install a new A/C by May 31st and the temperature at PDX Airport is 96 or higher on July 4th, the unit is FREE!  Not sure if that covers labor, but thought it was an interesting gamble.  

I finished greed on the day.  This is stupid.  The whole thing is stupid.  I'm going to go sell HVACs for a living.
Not me but here’s part of the dumbness. AXON down 7% today because well because they have earnings to report today. AH, it’s up 8%. No real rhyme or reason.

If you need any advice or help, let me know. I'm in the business.
We've used a company called Prime Comfort (I think they spun off another franchise) before for another house and thought they were pretty fair with pricing. Just trying to decide what level of efficiency really make sense. They priced us SEERs ranging from 15 to 19. :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread