What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (12 Viewers)

I’m not planning to sell any of my Amazon for a while. They’ve got a lot of really solid growing businesses/profit centers. I was reading about Prime taking a big step forward with the LOTRs stuff and Wheel of Time. I hadn’t ever heard/read of that but it’s got a big following. You’d think there would be a lot of potential crossover of fans.
:thumbup:   Same here

I’m not planning to sell any of my Amazon for a while. They’ve got a lot of really solid growing businesses/profit centers. I was reading about Prime taking a big step forward with the LOTRs stuff and Wheel of Time. I hadn’t ever heard/read of that but it’s got a big following. You’d think there would be a lot of potential crossover of fans.
:diamond: hands over here

HGEN looking good…

Regular guy “Mike from Kentucky” made over $30 million on GME stock/options, and has a large portion of it riding on HGEN. He owns 3%!! of the company and has credibility with meme stock players.

For more details, find a podcast link in his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/mwm76/status/1397527330441076736?s=21 
Let’s go!  Bout time I get a rocket ship that takes off.  Every other one I’ve jumped on exploded on the launching pad.  

Depends on what you mean by nice growth potential and what kind of timeline you're looking for. Will 20-ish% in the next 1-2 years work? If you're looking for more/faster, don't bother to read this. If that works...

WPC is rock solid, it's still yielding over 5.5%, it's up 10% from where I bought in, and it has another 17% to go just to get back to pre-COVID prices. I think there's still upside from there as we reopen, rates remain low, and new businesses start to replace those lost during the pandemic. And I'm willing to collect 5.5% as long as I have to in order to find out. 

They'll reach dividend aristocrat status pretty soon ('22, I believe. If not, '23), and that will add them to the radars of some additional people/institutions/funds when it happens. That status is a magnet for income investors, and some companies lost it with dividend cuts over the last year+. 

Here is a nice comparison between how they performed during COVID vs what is considered a similar REIT. I have to think that's a decent representation of how they perform in the absolute worst conditions. Hopefully we don't have to test it again anytime soon.
:blackdot:

HGEN looking good…

Regular guy “Mike from Kentucky” made over $30 million on GME stock/options, and has a large portion of it riding on HGEN. He owns 3%!! of the company and has credibility with meme stock players.

I'm reading that the target price for HGEN is between $30-36.  You guys feel the same?

Any RBLX folks in here still? 

Been on a steady run and getting good pub. Sold off a bit from my initial buy today and am wondering if there is any sentiment either way in here.

• Love
Reactions: KGB

Been on a steady run and getting good pub. Sold off a bit from my initial buy today and am wondering if there is any sentiment either way in here.
I’m in. About half a position. I bought that and Unity (rebought both after holding before) at the same time, kind of a creation engine basket play. Figure if one outperforms the other over time I can reallocate to the winner. I have no plans on selling and might add after a couple more quarters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in. About half a position. I bought that and Unity (rebought both after holding before) at the same time, kind of a creation engine basket play. Figure if one outperforms the other over time I can reallocate to the winner. I have no plans on selling and might add after a couple more quarters.
I’m not finding too much in the negative column here. Let’s roll.

I'm reading that the target price for HGEN is between $30-36.  You guys feel the same?
Analyst estimates are in this range. I think they are conservative and will be revised higher.

That said, biotech other than ARK stuff has been hot garbage since February, so the macro trend is unfavorable. I think that will change as there will be M&A in 2H2021, which HGEN is a candidate.

HGEN looking good…

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2021/2/16/22284786/gamestop-stock-wall-street-short-squeeze-beach-volleyball-referee?__twitter_impression=true

here’s an article on this guy too

I sold a covered call against my meager 100 shares and, of course, watched it rocket well past my strike price. It's nice to lock in a profit, and I can always roll up that call, but at this point I'm just watching it go north. I would be fine with a pullback which would allow me to roll the call, but if it goes to the moon, good for you and other holders.

:diamond: hands over here
Welcome to the club fellas.  Great strategy to avoid a tax bill.

Apologies for being lazy, I went through the last couple pages and didn’t see too much talk about this latest AMC run.

Holding 500 “free shares” from the Todem method of selling half. 

That doesn’t mean I want to lose it :lol:

Are we in this gamma short sell or whatever? Is this an auto sell? Help!

BYND up nicely today because Cramer went on last night telling WSBs to do a short squeeze. The market manipulation is getting out of hand now. I feel like a dinosaur wanting to hold stocks for more than a few weeks.

Started a small position in ULTA last night. They report today after the close, so I'll likely add after that pretty much no matter what. Reopening play, sure, but I like their partnership with Target, and they can revisit their international expansion plans as we continue to open up. They've incorporated AR into their services and are now carrying CBD products - this is not a stagnant company.

It's a non-tech growth company to add to my tech-heavy portfolio, market cap is only $18.1 Billion so a ton of runway left. P/S is only around 3x. Bought some before earnings because I think they sandbagged guidance last time, but only bought some (which I usually do) in case there's a post-earnings pullback. I'm no technician but it also looks like they've formed a base over the last few years. 

Paint your faces, ladies. Giddy up.

The General said:
Apologies for being lazy, I went through the last couple pages and didn’t see too much talk about this latest AMC run.

Holding 500 “free shares” from the Todem method of selling half. 

That doesn’t mean I want to lose it :lol:

Are we in this gamma short sell or whatever? Is this an auto sell? Help!
Lol. Don’t listen to me on this. AMC is a terrible stock to hold on long enough for the short squeeze crowd to get disinterested. The funny thing is that I don’t really think it is truly short squeezing. The volume is sky high. Half the company in market cap has already traded hands in 2 hours and that’s way more than the short interest which was about 20-25% based on someone’s posting a few days ago. If shorts are covering, every single one has already done so. That means that this is just people setting higher and higher ask prices and more people just buying at market price. That’s fine and dandy but you have to balance being greedy and knowing that the fundamentals of AMC in particular are terrible. It has so much debt now that it can’t turn a profit unless it’s generating way more cash than it ever has when revenue per-pandemic was dropping and now there’s way more streaming competition and the pandemic did happen.

Just be ready to pull the trigger once you are happy. I personally don’t think short interest is high enough compared to when GME first popped so there’s way more hot air compared to a few months ago squeezing.

Started a small position in ULTA last night. They report today after the close, so I'll likely add after that pretty much no matter what. Reopening play, sure, but I like their partnership with Target, and they can revisit their international expansion plans as we continue to open up. They've incorporated AR into their services and are now carrying CBD products - this is not a stagnant company.

It's a non-tech growth company to add to my tech-heavy portfolio, market cap is only $18.1 Billion so a ton of runway left. P/S is only around 3x. Bought some before earnings because I think they sandbagged guidance last time, but only bought some (which I usually do) in case there's a post-earnings pullback. I'm no technician but it also looks like they've formed a base over the last few years. 

I buy my face moisturizer there.  :mellow:

Lol. Was looking at this when the ceo announced she was leaving. Decided to wait and see what it did after and lost track of it.

Lol. Was looking at this when the ceo announced she was leaving. Decided to wait and see what it did after and lost track of it.
She stuck around as Exec Chair and the new CEO was their President (right?) so I'm optimistic there'll be some continuity there. Plus, I hear they have a face moisturizer that makes your cheeks incredibly soft and youthful.

Matterport earnings, for those still holding GHVI

Total revenue was $26.9 million, up 108% year over year

Subscriber revenue of $13.8 million, up 84% year over year

Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) of $55.2 million

Spaces Under Management (SUM) grew to 4.9 million, up 88% from a year ago, surpassing 5 million in April

Subscribers increased to 331,000, up 531% year over year

Matterport earnings, for those still holding GHVI

Total revenue was $26.9 million, up 108% year over year

Subscriber revenue of $13.8 million, up 84% year over year

Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) of $55.2 million

Spaces Under Management (SUM) grew to 4.9 million, up 88% from a year ago, surpassing 5 million in April

Subscribers increased to 331,000, up 531% year over year
Sounds pretty good. How much did it drop on the report?

Just churned some ZIM $40 puts and calls for a nice little profit in a few days. Looking for somewhere to put it if anyone sees puts they think are attractive to write right now.

Woo-hoo....I knew this thing would score big.  Now that's a rocket shot.

On another note...has anyone seen my missing UVXY shares?  I think Fidelity lost them.
This thing is just going to go to zero, right?  Is there any reason to hold onto this??  wtf

This is all about Lenzilumab treating Covid, right? What kind of timeframe do we think we're looking at right now?
Yea. Seems like the EUA application will be any day, and then approval is expected mid-June. 

The risk of course is the application would be denied but that seems very unlikely. But not impossible by any means. 

Yea. Seems like the EUA application will be any day, and then approval is expected mid-June. 

The risk of course is the application would be denied but that seems very unlikely. But not impossible by any means. 
I just put in a sell order at $22.99 for 1/6th of my position.  May be getting too cute here.  I'm up over 40% on the shares purchased 5 weeks ago.  I expect a sell off after the application annoucement.  Hoping news leaks late and we see a run at the the end of the day.

I just put in a sell order at $22.99 for 1/6th of my position.  May be getting too cute here.  I'm up over 40% on the shares purchased 5 weeks ago.  I expect a sell off after the application annoucement.  Hoping news leaks late and we see a run at the the end of the day.
I’m just going for it. I agree it will pull back after the announcement but that’s too much for me. 

I think the announcement pops it up shortly first.  Then a sell off while we wait for the FDA.

Lol. Don’t listen to me on this. AMC is a terrible stock to hold on long enough for the short squeeze crowd to get disinterested. The funny thing is that I don’t really think it is truly short squeezing. The volume is sky high. Half the company in market cap has already traded hands in 2 hours and that’s way more than the short interest which was about 20-25% based on someone’s posting a few days ago. If shorts are covering, every single one has already done so. That means that this is just people setting higher and higher ask prices and more people just buying at market price. That’s fine and dandy but you have to balance being greedy and knowing that the fundamentals of AMC in particular are terrible. It has so much debt now that it can’t turn a profit unless it’s generating way more cash than it ever has when revenue per-pandemic was dropping and now there’s way more streaming competition and the pandemic did happen.

Just be ready to pull the trigger once you are happy. I personally don’t think short interest is high enough compared to when GME first popped so there’s way more hot air compared to a few months ago squeezing.
And out today. Hopefully it goes up to 200 for those still on the bus.

Set aside 1/2 the profits for my “Vegas” stock moon shots.

AMC blasted off. GME next? 
AMC is amazing. It truly is an awful investment fundamentally. The best part about this so called squeeze it the volume. Short volume was around 20-30% yesterday based on sites I looked at so based on today’s volume another 70-80% of the company’s shares were traded. This isn’t just a squeeze as not every short would even have to cover today, so this is just FOMO on steroids of people jumping in hoping for a free ride. Man, this could fall as much as GME did after the short squeeze down to $2-5, without much effort. When GME first squeezed the short interest was way above 100% which is ludicrous as well. AMC being worth $12.4B, 5-6x what it was worth when it was at its revenue/cash flow peak, when it’s potentially a year or so away from running out of cash to meet the debt obligations is truly amazing.

I don’t like GME at all, but it does have a rallying hope in Cohen and plenty of cash to live a while. AMC isn’t close to that at all. The company diluted the #### out of the shares, has debt they can’t handle and a CEO who’s compensation doubled in 2020 and their institution whale was more than happy to get out in the teens and hand its shares to retail investors.

Users who are viewing this thread