What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

AMC right back at it again in pre-market this a.m.

I keep waiting for a good spot to short this donk of a stonk ... But those danm apes ... Are their pockets bottomless?

Now I'm thinking, what the hell, I might as well join them. Where else am I going to make 20% in one day?

I keep waiting for a good spot to short this donk of a stonk ... But those danm apes ... Are their pockets bottomless?

Now I'm thinking, what the hell, I might as well join them. Where else am I going to make 20% in one day?
It was spiking and then they announced mote dilution. I'll be taking profits this morning. 

$GLBE looks interesting. Under the radar IPO last week, didn’t crater or moonshot but has been strong overall. They facilitate cross-border e-commerce, backed by Shopify and just partnered with Facebook.

Has actual earnings, growing like crazy. Israeli and founder-led. I’m starting a small position and will watch it for a quarter or so and see its first earnings before deciding to add more.

Added a wee bit more $GLBE. Still want to see an earnings report. I found that MF did an Industry Focus on it before the IPO this past weekend and listened to it, which made me want to own just a little more than I initially bought. But now I'm definitely waiting before I add again. Probably.
$GLBE reported this morning:

Gross Merchandise Volume +133% YOY

Revenue +134%YOY
-Service fees revenue +146%YOY
-Fulfilment revenue +128%YOY

Gross Margin: 29.4% -> 33.3%

Adjusted EBITDA $5.2million (vs. a small loss in Q1’20)

Fiscal Year Revenue Guidance +53-56% YOY

I’ll be adding. Looks like growth might take it on the chin today so I’ll wait and see if it pulls back with everything else. Hasn’t gone parabolic but it has gone from $25 or so to $35 since its IPO. Right now it’s basically even premarket but it’s a small cap.

The 11.5 million shares are from April 27. This is old news. SCARE TACTIC. They are desperate.
I don't think so.  The SEC filing from April 27:

"This prospectus relates to sales of the Class A common stock, par value $0.01 (the “Class A Common stock”) of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. by us or our selling stockholders from time to time in one or more offerings. We or the selling stockholders, who will be named in a prospectus supplement, may offer and sell shares of our Class A common stock from time to time in amounts, at prices and on terms that will be determined at the time of any such offering. We will not receive any proceeds from the sale of shares of Class A common stock to be offered by the selling stockholders."

The SEC filing from today:

"On June 3, 2021, AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (the “Company”) entered into an equity distribution agreement (the “Equity Distribution Agreement”) with B. Riley Securities, Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as sales agents (each, a “Sales Agent” and collectively, the “Sales Agents”), to sell up to 11,550,000 shares of Class A common stock, par value $0.01 per share, of the Company (the “Common Stock”), from time to time, through an “at-the-market” offering program (the “Offering”)

Subject to the terms and conditions of the Equity Distribution Agreement, the Sales Agents will use reasonable efforts consistent with their normal trading and sales practices, applicable law and regulations, and the rules of the New York Stock Exchange to sell the Common Stock from time to time based upon the Company’s instructions for the sales, including any price, time or size limits specified by the Company.

Each Sales Agent will receive a commission up to 2.5% of the gross sales price of the Common Stock sold through it as the Company’s Sales Agents under the Equity Distribution Agreement, and the Company has agreed to reimburse the Sales Agents for certain specified expenses. The Company has also agreed to provide the Sales Agents with customary indemnification and contribution rights.

We believe that the recent volatility and our current market prices reflect market and trading dynamics unrelated to our underlying business, or macro or industry fundamentals, and we do not know how long these dynamics will last. Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment."

Looks down to me right now. Seems like the party is over. You’ve got the touch man.

11.5 M shares is 2.5% of the total shares of 450M - for AMC

I am holding for now - the timing is curious as it helps the fear mongering of the media but the reality is it does not change the fact that there are not enough shares at current prices for shorts to cover. 

It was spiking and then they announced mote dilution. I'll be taking profits this morning. 
Very smart move even if it can go higher. You’ve made a great return and let’s be honest, AMC is not even close to worth its current market cap even if you assume they get back to their peak revenue/cash flow. At some point, AMC will continue to dilute and the market cap will reflect the actual fundamentals. So, unless retail investors want to lock their money up in a slow burn loss for years, people will jump ship after earnings reports keep coming in that show it’s not worth the price or when they are tired of dilution. It could happen really fast.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Very smart move even if it can go higher. You’ve made a great return and let’s be honest, AMC is not even close to worth its current market cap even if you assume they get back to their peak revenue/cash flow. At some point, AMC will continue to dilute and the market cap will reflect the actual fundamentals. So, unless retail investors want to lock their money up in a slow burn loss for years, people will jump ship after earnings reports keep coming in that show it’s not worth the price or when they are tired of dilution. It could happen really fast.
How? they can not create more shares without shareholder approval

11.5 M shares is 2.5% of the total shares of 450M - for AMC

I am holding for now - the timing is curious as it helps the fear mongering of the media but the reality is it does not change the fact that there are not enough shares at current prices for shorts to cover. 
I know it doesn’t seem like much, but a year ago, AMC had about 100 million shares. At this point, I think they are close to 500 million.

This is not GME. There is no fear no fear mongering. AMC has diluted every original share from pre-pandemic by 80%. The market cap of AMC when it was at its  peak was about 10% of what it is today. So, basically shares are worth 20% of what they were but the share price is still way up. Fundamentally, the stock is ridiculously overpriced. That’s not fear mongering, that’s actual fact.

I don’t like GME. I think they are priced as if they are already really successful (versus reality of declining revenue) and that’s not a given especially at the inflated market cap. That said, their market cap and dilution aren’t close to AMC. AMC is a company that very likely would have filed for bankruptcy if it wasn’t able to raise money at inflated prices. I don’t see AMC executives as being truly behind retail investors. The popcorn thing was a gimmick as seen by their dilution as soon as the price ran up like crazy. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
How? they can not create more shares without shareholder approval
They literally just filed to sell more shares today and I believe they already passed a motion to dilute if necessary. They have also taken share count from just over 100 million to almost 500 million in a year. They’ve already diluted the #### out of the stock over the past year.

Are you actually arguing that AMC is really a $28B company? Pre pandemic they were  worth $3-4B and their revenue has declined every year since around 2017. That was before Disney+, Apple+, HBO Max, Prime (buying MGM studio) and others were even around. Yes, movies will come back but outside of maybe a little pop, it’s not a growing business and AMC with all the added debt isn’t worth 10x their peak.

They literally just filed to sell more shares today and I believe they already passed a motion to dilute if necessary. They have also taken share count from just over 100 million to almost 500 million in a year. They’ve already diluted the #### out of the stock over the past year.

Are you actually arguing that AMC is really a $28B company? Pre pandemic they were  worth $3-4B and their revenue has declined every year since around 2017. That was before Disney+, Apple+, HBO Max, Prime (buying MGM studio) and others were even around. Yes, movies will come back but outside of maybe a little pop, it’s not a growing business and AMC with all the added debt isn’t worth 10x their peak.
You aren't doing this right.  We don't price stocks like that anymore.

Who knows what is going on inside the head of some of these AMC investors, but they are making boatloads (on paper) so I can't fault them.  I expect shares to trade in a narrow channel today, about $20-$120.

Tried to short one share of amc for the lolz and it said no shares were available. :lmao:  

And I loaded the Hgen train again at 18. 
I added another 7% to my HGEN total at $18.06.  Keeping a little powder dry in case it drops more and resisting the urge to chase the falling Amazon knife.  I think I'll add some more HGEN at $17 unless Amazon hits $3100 first.

For those who like to roll the dice, I'm eyeing the June 18 calls on AYX with $80 strike price. I think AYX rebounds from the mid-70s but whether it does it in the next few weeks or not, who knows. Those calls are trading for $1.30 which is pretty cheap for a company that was in the $100s not that long ago. 

Caveman33 said:
Who knows what is going on inside the head of some of these AMC investors, but they are making boatloads (on paper) so I can't fault them.  I expect shares to trade in a narrow channel today, about $20-$120.
Oh, nothing I am saying has anything to do with what the short term prices will be. There is truth to things are worth what people will it but there is also truth behind the actual company fundamentals and numbers. All overpriced tulips eventually crash, it’s just a matter of when because no one knows the peak until after it happened.

BassNBrew said:
You aren't doing this right.  We don't price stocks like that anymore.
I know you are joking but I do laugh at some articles about the new world of investing. Long term, fundamentals will always drive the price. While there may be some insanity both ways (shorts and short haters), that’s short term. Company profits, revenue, growth, products, revenue potential, outstanding share count, etc. drive the price. Free popcorn isn’t a fundamental! Diluting the #### out of shares is. 

For those who like to roll the dice, I'm eyeing the June 18 calls on AYX with $80 strike price. I think AYX rebounds from the mid-70s but whether it does it in the next few weeks or not, who knows. Those calls are trading for $1.30 which is pretty cheap for a company that was in the $100s not that long ago. 
I divested myself from them months ago. Made some money but not as much as I could have when it was at its peak. I’m not a big fan of it anymore. A lot of other software related stocks I like better.

Last edited by a moderator:
stbugs said:
I know it doesn’t seem like much, but a year ago, AMC had about 100 million shares. At this point, I think they are close to 500 million.

This is not GME. There is no fear no fear mongering. AMC has diluted every original share from pre-pandemic by 80%. The market cap of AMC when it was at its  peak was about 10% of what it is today. So, basically shares are worth 20% of what they were but the share price is still way up. Fundamentally, the stock is ridiculously overpriced. That’s not fear mongering, that’s actual fact.

I don’t like GME. I think they are priced as if they are already really successful (versus reality of declining revenue) and that’s not a given especially at the inflated market cap. That said, their market cap and dilution aren’t close to AMC. AMC is a company that very likely would have filed for bankruptcy if it wasn’t able to raise money at inflated prices. I don’t see AMC executives as being truly behind retail investors. The popcorn thing was a gimmick as seen by their dilution as soon as the price ran up like crazy. 
Agreed - but if a bunch of Apes just won't sell and the stock is completely shorted..................... 🚀

The current price has nothing to do with the fundamentals. Lets be honest. 

Tried to short one share of amc for the lolz and it said no shares were available. :lmao:  

And I loaded the Hgen train again at 18. 
This is important.  The new DTCC rules say the clearinghouses need to report on their coverage on an on-going basis.  This means people are watching and shenanigans are being reduced.  

Anyone own DMTK? @stbugs?

I think it is a MF recommendation, but I do not know that. That's why I asked you specifically.

I'm interested and have been watching a bit since it ran. Trying to figure out if this is my entry point, bouncing off the $30 low or if there's another leg down to come.

I don't get worked up when insiders sell shares, but I'm always intrigued when they buy or receive shares, even restricted shares, without shedding some of what they have at current prices.  Especially when it's someone with a CFO's background

3 stocks to look into purchasing from Motley. 

1. DermTech

Between 4 million and 4.5 million surgical skin biopsies are performed each year. Only around 180,000 cases of melanoma are found from these biopsies. That's a lot of cutting that ultimately proves unnecessary. Worse, these skin inspections sometimes fail to detect when melanoma or other skin cancer is present.

DermTech (NASDAQ: DMTK) addresses these problems. The company currently markets its Pigmented Lesion Assay (PLA) for diagnosing melanoma. There's no cutting required. Instead, an adhesive patch is placed on the skin, then removed and sent to a lab. Genomic testing is performed on the lesion to determine if the individual has melanoma. 

This approach is 17 times less likely to miss a melanoma diagnosis. It's nearly 25% less expensive than surgical biopsy. Is there a big market for such a game-changing technology? You bet. DermTech estimates its total addressable market in skin cancer is close to $10 billion per year. 

For now, the company is focused only on melanoma. However, its pipeline includes other products in development that could enable DermTech to target other types of skin cancer. The company's market cap currently stands at around $1 billion. DermTech should have a massive growth runway ahead of it. 
Apparently this is what put it on my radar

Anyone own DMTK? @stbugs?

I think it is a MF recommendation, but I do not know that. That's why I asked you specifically.

I'm interested and have been watching a bit since it ran. Trying to figure out if this is my entry point, bouncing off the $30 low or if there's another leg down to come.

I don't get worked up when insiders sell shares, but I'm always intrigued when they buy or receive shares, even restricted shares, without shedding some of what they have at current prices.  Especially when it's someone with a CFO's background
I have some. I paired it with $OM as a derisked (FDA Approved) small cap biotech basket. I think now is probably a decent entry point to start. 

Holding up ok today. They need to win over the entrenched (same as $OM) so now we’re just seeing how well they can get commercialized. Long haul play, for sure. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread