What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

Anyone own DMTK? @stbugs?

I think it is a MF recommendation, but I do not know that. That's why I asked you specifically.

I'm interested and have been watching a bit since it ran. Trying to figure out if this is my entry point, bouncing off the $30 low or if there's another leg down to come.

I don't get worked up when insiders sell shares, but I'm always intrigued when they buy or receive shares, even restricted shares, without shedding some of what they have at current prices.  Especially when it's someone with a CFO's background
I own a little, like a quarter share. Am I reading it correctly that the CFO acquired shares? I don't know the company inside and out, hence using their recs, but I do want to add. I've just been adding slower this year since some of the things I bought (aside from UPST) dipped with everything else. I probably should have known and honestly, I think I got one of the recent bottoms (5/13) right, but didn't take advantage. I am hoping for long term, don't really care that much short term, that maybe we have another dip starting today to really finish out some buys. I've created a list of some stocks that I'm thinking of selling to move money elsewhere. I feel like I have a little too much diversification.

Since, I answered your question, I'll throw out the symbols to see if any of these are things you (or anyone else) likes long term:

CLOV, IPOD, SPOT, CHWY, API, BAND, KALA, SHSP, MITK*, GWRE, MRVL (acquired IPHI), FTCH*, HQY, SPT*, LITE and ALM*

Note that most of these, I don't have a lot in and some have actually done very well for me. Since they are small shares, that's part of my thought on consolidating into full shares of other stocks I like better. I marked those with a * if they've done really well.

sold all crypto this morning and SOFI options.  Sold crypto to cash some gains.

Forgot to mention in prior post I also hold TWTR and PEJ...bought at the dip a few weeks ago.

So current non retirement holdings are

TWTR

MAR call options

PEJ

ABNB

SI

Very heavy cash

Last edited by a moderator:
Threw a chunk into NVDA a couple days ago @ $647.

Up 5+ %

Planning to hold it at least through the split.

Now, maybe longer.
NVDA is one of many stocks I looked at buying last March/April and wish I did, but it really seems extended at this point. Love the company, but a P/S of 20+ is a lot for a company with a $430B market cap. AMD for example is growing at a similar pace and has about half the revenue, but is worth 1/4 of NVDA. It kind of reminds me of TSLA where the price at $900 was just disconnected from the reality. NVDA just seems really rich at $700. I'm not planning to start a position now, should have back when it was much cheaper. Then again, almost everything has done awesome since March of last year.

I own a little, like a quarter share. Am I reading it correctly that the CFO acquired shares?
No, a board member received about 9k restricted shares, but he's a Finance guy and a former CFO. He couldn't move those specific shares, as they vest over the next 12-18 mos. Often times, however, you'll see those awards offset with a sale of shares already owned. Could be he's one to wait until vesting. Could be 50k shares @ $40 don't really mean much to him. It's a minor thing, but it's a thing when I'm already interested.

I own a little, like a quarter share. Am I reading it correctly that the CFO acquired shares? I don't know the company inside and out, hence using their recs, but I do want to add. I've just been adding slower this year since some of the things I bought (aside from UPST) dipped with everything else. I probably should have known and honestly, I think I got one of the recent bottoms (5/13) right, but didn't take advantage. I am hoping for long term, don't really care that much short term, that maybe we have another dip starting today to really finish out some buys. I've created a list of some stocks that I'm thinking of selling to move money elsewhere. I feel like I have a little too much diversification.

Since, I answered your question, I'll throw out the symbols to see if any of these are things you (or anyone else) likes long term:

CLOV, IPOD, SPOT, CHWY, API, BAND, KALA, SHSP, MITK*, GWRE, MRVL (acquired IPHI), FTCH*, HQY, SPT*, LITE and ALM*

Note that most of these, I don't have a lot in and some have actually done very well for me. Since they are small shares, that's part of my thought on consolidating into full shares of other stocks I like better. I marked those with a * if they've done really well.
What do you consider a full share on a percentage basis?

What do you consider a full share on a percentage basis?
I do it on a dollar basis, usually around $10k +/- $1k. I honestly don’t worry as much about overall %. I do have some stocks well above a full share. Some I’ve trimmed when they got too high and some I’ve just let run. I’ve just been thinking about cleaning up some of the smaller shares and just shoveling into my favorites. You want to have enough stocks that can grow big time or protect you but I’ve definitely got a few too many (mainly thanks to this thread).

What's driving the economy???

I manage rental properties.  Last year the HOPE programs was sending us money to help people behind on right.  This year they are paying rent for people in advance.  I've had two tenants this month who have never been a day late get 3 months future rent paid and 6 months future rent paid.  Talk about a bonanza!!!

I manage rental properties.  Last year the HOPE programs was sending us money to help people behind on right.  This year they are paying rent for people in advance.  I've had two tenants this month who have never been a day late get 3 months future rent paid and 6 months future rent paid.  Talk about a bonanza!!!
Will they pay my mortgage?

Bread and circuses for everyone!

I do it on a dollar basis, usually around $10k +/- $1k. I honestly don’t worry as much about overall %. I do have some stocks well above a full share. Some I’ve trimmed when they got too high and some I’ve just let run. I’ve just been thinking about cleaning up some of the smaller shares and just shoveling into my favorites. You want to have enough stocks that can grow big time or protect you but I’ve definitely got a few too many (mainly thanks to this thread).
So your bond fund might have 10 full shares of Amazon for example?

Tomorrow should be quiet interesting for the stonks. Last option close before the 6/9 AH earnings call for GME and AMC has hundreds of millions of dollars expiring at $60+.  

• Q1 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.44 beats by $0.16 (+267%YOY); GAAP EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.15.
  • Revenue of $469.08M (+57.9% Y/Y) beats by $31.42M.
  • Billings of $527.4M vs. consensus of $463.9M for the quarter (+54% YOY)
  • Q2 Guidance: Revenue $479M to $485M (consensus $474.73M); and FY Revenue $2.03B-$2.04B (consensus $1.99B). +35-36%YOY
  • Subscription revenue +61%YOY
  • Net dollar retention rate 125%
  • Free cash flow $123m (vs. $32.8m in Q1 '20)

• Q1 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.44 beats by $0.16 (+267%YOY); GAAP EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.15.
  • Revenue of $469.08M (+57.9% Y/Y) beats by $31.42M.
  • Billings of $527.4M vs. consensus of $463.9M for the quarter (+54% YOY)
  • Q2 Guidance: Revenue $479M to $485M (consensus $474.73M); and FY Revenue $2.03B-$2.04B (consensus $1.99B). +35-36%YOY
  • Subscription revenue +61%YOY
  • Net dollar retention rate 125%
  • Free cash flow $123m (vs. $32.8m in Q1 '20)
That's 74 new large customers. 

In 1 quarter.

The one where we're supposed to be coming out of a pandemic.

And stay-at-home stocks are supposed to be dying.

MDB up nicely blowing out numbers. CRWD did nicely but not much of a pop. Sometimes you just have to be patient.
CRWD survived the tech wreck pretty ok compared to most. Looks like it might actually be consolidating a little which is good and refreshingly normal.

Threw a chunk into NVDA a couple days ago @ $647.

Up 5+ %

Planning to hold it at least through the split.

Now, maybe longer.
My brotha!

I'm in Very big @ $624.60 :hifive:  up 8.6% and holding.

I think they announce the shareholder decision to split or not today :excited:

Five more quarters like that and I might be back too even.
You'll get there.

It's possible I'm bat#### crazy, but I think 5-10x from here is doable. 

5x leaves them 20% smaller than ADBE is riiiiiiiight now. No, now.

If I'm wrong by half, we'll just have to suffer through that.

Last edited by a moderator:
@David DoddsCan I borrow your expertise to do some quick research on SNDL to see if it has true gamma squeeze potential like GME and AMC? I’m seeing stuff about 200+% short and $9 call options coming to roost etc. but I’m not versed enough to know if it’s just BS talk or real actionable ape territory. Thanks in advance!

You'll get there.

I bought on the first big dip and should have sold when it approached $300 but was reluctant because I only started with 4 shares.  Not much talk in here about it so I’ve been reluctant to DCA down and have liked the other beaten up stocks like flgt sofi square dm etc   Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

I bought on the first big dip and should have sold when it approached $300 but was reluctant because I only started with 4 shares.  Not much talk in here about it so I’ve been reluctant to DCA down and have liked the other beaten up stocks like flgt sofi square dm etc   Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 
Full disclosure: It's my largest holding. By a decent margin. And my cost basis is in the $40s. So easy for me to be patient.

Unlike other positions, however, I've never sold a share of it, and I don't know when I will.

You'll get there.

What stock are you talking about?

Full disclosure: It's my largest holding. By a decent margin. And my cost basis is in the $40s. So easy for me to be patient.

Unlike other positions, however, I've never sold a share of it, and I don't know when I will.
I'm new but I've followed this thread closely for some time now.  You have my full attention here.

I would love to hear why/where all the conviction comes from.  I like it already, just would love to learn even more about it.  You must know this space intimately and for good reason. 

Feed me.

Volume on AMC seems to have finally slowed down.  I think this is a good indicator for a drop later today.  But I don't have faith that it will crash back into the teens or lower.  The apes might keep this propped up indefinitely.  I'll probably exit with a small profit in the 30s if the opportunity presents.  ::paperhands::

Users who are viewing this thread