What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (24 Viewers)

Finally had a chance to look. So he didn't schedule a sale (It's not like he's planning to divest X shares/year for Y years). He just filed notice of intent to sell. Which he had 90 days to do from 3/30. I guess the question is, does it make you feel better if it was March 30 rather than June 4 that he decided to sell 1.26M/53.4M shares? Does it matter that he didn't wait the max days to see if he got approval? Or does it move the needle at all either timeframe?

Lots of reasons for people to sell (at least 10, that we know of). The worst is probably, "I don't think we're getting approval," but do you think he had a solid indication 90 days ago?

The most likely is probably, "I needed the money for something" or "I don't KNOW if I'll ever get this much per share again, so I might as well get something now." Can't blame him either way there, but I don't know that it's predictive. This is, generally, why I pay no attention to insider sales whatsoever but give purchases some consideration. It's just that it's coming ahead of a binary event that makes it hard not to question.
If you think it has a 95% chance of approval, don't you sell 5% of your shares as a hedge?  If he thinks it's not getting approved he'd be unloading more like Nadar and the CFO's wife did.

Let's work under the assumption that the remainder of 2021 will include two quarters of high inflation (that is my working hypothesis.) What is the best way to trade / invest in this environment? For me it means holding less cash, investing in gold, real estate, crypto (in that order), and staying invested in stocks. What else am I missing? I'd like to at least keep pace with inflation if not outright ride the wave to some profits.
It kinda depends because expectations of elevated inflation for the rest of the year are pretty baked in. What matters for speculation would be expectations more about 2022. I want to say real estate, but prices are so insane right now. Maybe REITs are a good way to play it. Banks if you think rates are going up.

NKLA is still in business???

Id like to short it, but it doesnt make any sense that its even alive.  such a scam

Ditto on both. Waiting until next week on $UPST due to lockup expiration. 
$UPST lockup expiration is today. Not sure how long the selling lasts. It’s possible it could go on for a couple of days or it’s possible it bounces several hours into today, who knows? I’ll nibble later today and complete my position throughout the week.

Humanigen Initiates Submission for Lenzilumab Marketing Authorization in COVID-19, to the United Kingdom's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)

going after 🇬🇧 now 

$UPST lockup expiration is today. Not sure how long the selling lasts. It’s possible it could go on for a couple of days or it’s possible it bounces several hours into today, who knows? I’ll nibble later today and complete my position throughout the week.
I’m hoping it keeps dropping, maybe getting close to 110. Definitely plan to add more today, not sure how much. It moves so fast that I’d be worried about it popping tomorrow just because.

Humanigen Initiates Submission for Lenzilumab Marketing Authorization in COVID-19, to the United Kingdom's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)

going after 🇬🇧 now 
I don’t know why but I may nibble here. I was trying to completely stay out of this space, had enough of that other guy for many years.

Also, nice to see CRSR pop even if it’s somehow meme related. I brought them up before and I really liked their value/growth so while it’s a nice pop, it’s not like other meme stocks which are usually companies in bad shape. I mean it’s actually pretty cheap considering the revenue/earnings and growth. No declining revenue or potential bankruptcies here. I’ve only got 100 shares as it wasn’t one of my recommended stocks, just something that I read about and liked the numbers.

What do you like about this company (UPST)?
Revenue growth, expanding guidance and gigantic addressable market. I also think as they continue to grow their AI/learning (non-Terminator style) will continue to make their numbers look good enough that it will be hard for customers not to use them. This one is a definite long term horizon. I wish I jumped in with both feet in the 80s. I grabbed almost 100 shares but I never imagined it was going to pop so fast but here we are again back down into reasonable range.

Revenue growth, expanding guidance and gigantic addressable market. I also think as they continue to grow their AI/learning (non-Terminator style) will continue to make their numbers look good enough that it will be hard for customers not to use them. This one is a definite long term horizon. I wish I jumped in with both feet in the 80s. I grabbed almost 100 shares but I never imagined it was going to pop so fast but here we are again back down into reasonable range.
Kicking myself for not selling when it ran into the the 160s.  These stocks usually faded back after a run like that.

I don’t know why but I may nibble here. I was trying to completely stay out of this space, had enough of that other guy for many years.

Also, nice to see CRSR pop even if it’s somehow meme related. I brought them up before and I really liked their value/growth so while it’s a nice pop, it’s not like other meme stocks which are usually companies in bad shape. I mean it’s actually pretty cheap considering the revenue/earnings and growth. No declining revenue or potential bankruptcies here. I’ve only got 100 shares as it wasn’t one of my recommended stocks, just something that I read about and liked the numbers.
Only 20 shares here but I'm trimming half here.  Hopefully we are back into the buy at $35, sell at $42 pattern again.

NKLA is still in business???

Id like to short it, but it doesnt make any sense that its even alive.  such a scam
If you don’t like that scandal enough jump on RIDE. They announced delays and then that they might run out of money before they have a production vehicle. This morning the CEO and CFO resigned.

I mean, it doesn’t get much better than that. Amazing that I made a decent amount on that one.

Kicking myself for not selling when it ran into the the 160s.  These stocks usually faded back after a run like that.
On a stock like this, I buy and hold. It moves so fast that I’d rather see if I can add some more today and any other time it’s in the $100-120 range. You miss one announcement and you miss a year of gains. I can’t see it sub $100 anymore, but if it is, I’m selling some other stuff to jump in like I should have.

If you don’t like that scandal enough jump on RIDE. They announced delays and then that they might run out of money before they have a production vehicle. This morning the CEO and CFO resigned.

I mean, it doesn’t get much better than that. Amazing that I made a decent amount on that one.
Did either the CEO or CFO tweet anything that we can make an anagram out of to convince us it’s going to the moon? 

Did either the CEO or CFO tweet anything that we can make an anagram out of to convince us it’s going to the moon? 
Probably why they were forced to resign. No popcorn or frogs pooping ice cream gets you fired.

By the way, WTF with UPST? Should have added pre-market. It was in the $110s.

Probably why they were forced to resign. No popcorn or frogs pooping ice cream gets you fired.

By the way, WTF with UPST? Should have added pre-market. It was in the $110s.
I’d be guessing. Maybe everyone sold ahead of today waiting for the firesale but the employees are hanging on. 

Amazed that RIDE has held up so well. It became a meme stock and rallied but down only 16% when they just announced they may run out of money before producing anything and their CEO and CFO just suddenly resigned? As Whyatt said in Weird Science, boy, I wouldn’t give a squirt of piss for your ### right now. If you ever wanted to see a company go to $0 before, this might be it.

Oh, I forgot a great nugget. The CEO that resigned owns 27% of the shares. If he dumps, damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol it’s up like 25% in the last two months but I get that isn’t solace for anybody who bought recently. 

my main concern is there is just never any volume. 
I am still up. I got in at 18.50. It is just a weird stock. Not that I am good at this or even have a lot of experience. 

TRCH is running hot again, including AH. 
Can anyone explain the special dividend? No cash but 1-1 additional shares in the new merged company. Is that right?

If so, is that a good deal or just ok? The stocktwits board is crazy excited and that's good enough for me.

I only have 350 @$2.18. Not enough free cash to buy a crap ton... But, could be a pretty good win for such a small gambled amount.

• Thinking
Reactions: KGB
Can anyone explain the special dividend? No cash but 1-1 additional shares in the new merged company. Is that right?

If so, is that a good deal or just ok? The stocktwits board is crazy excited and that's good enough for me.

I only have 350 @$2.18. Not enough free cash to buy a crap ton... But, could be a pretty good win for such a small gambled amount.
trch is merging with Meta materials before the end of the month and a special dividend from the sale of its oil fields will be going straight to its share holders. So not only will you get 1 -1 shares in new company, but you will get a payout for your shares held. All shorts need to cover before merger... so the squeeze is on.

trch is merging with Meta materials before the end of the month and a special dividend from the sale of its oil fields will be going straight to its share holders. So not only will you get 1 -1 shares in new company, but you will get a payout for your shares held. All shorts need to cover before merger... so the squeeze is on.
I should have bought moar

Users who are viewing this thread