Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Finally green (for now) in PLTR

anyone else in this?

Still got it. Inching up on a full share for me. My basis was around $24 because I dumbly added more at $27. That’s up now too so good now!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Anybody else here wishing that sell off would have lasted a couple of more days? 

:kicksrock:

Yes and no. I still have more to buy, probably always will but some things I might sell have gone up too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Nah. I own enough. Let’s make money. 

Big baller man. I feel ya, the stuff I’ll buy is small potatoes. A good day like today’s profit is well more than the additional cost of adding a new stock at $60 instead of $50.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, General Malaise said:


Yeah, if you made money in U related names already, ring the register.  I, on the other hand, am stubborn and stupid and will see where this goes.  But I like pain.  I've been married twice.

 

I sold all my URA this morning and will retain the UUUU (long term play for me that I intend to keep for a while) and the stupid URG for kicks.  URA was a costly gamble.  

Bought DKNG this morning and added some more DIS.  Soooooooo original.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Fidelity fees were a mixup from a bank transfer, they had not charged a thing, thankfully.  Sorry for bringing it up.

Got greedy and put in limits earlier this week on Airbnb and Moderna during the dip.  Just missed adding to both positions, so dumb.  ABNB is going places.

Loading up more on DKNG.  Feels like it could be Last Chance Saloon in low 50's.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pmedina said:

Was so close to even on MARA, go to bed and down 8% 🤕. Will hang on, but crypto not for me for the long run. 

Based on the peak in 2017 or so, it’s about time for crypto to roll back down.

One thing that I think is funny about miners is that in a couple years their revenue potential gets cut in half with the halving. If you told me any company had two years before their revenue was cut in half, I might hesitate to buy their stock. There are also now tons of competitors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stbugs said:

Based on the peak in 2017 or so, it’s about time for crypto to roll back down.

One thing that I think is funny about miners is that in a couple years their revenue potential gets cut in half with the halving. If you told me any company had two years before their revenue was cut in half, I might hesitate to buy their stock. There are also now tons of competitors.

It was never going to be a long term hold, just a trade from what I thought was a big dip. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Will DKNG ever have positive earnings?  

 

I haven't dug into their earnings reports.  Is it because they keep buying up others to get more established in Europe?  BofA reported the other day that they're dominating US Markets and the Revs are coming.  Our lady friend also bought 600K shares in ARKK on 9/22.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, beef said:

I haven't dug into their earnings reports.  Is it because they keep buying up others to get more established in Europe?  BofA reported the other day that they're dominating US Markets and the Revs are coming.  Our lady friend also bought 600K shares in ARKK on 9/22.  

Their customer acquisition costs are really high. Lots of marketing and bonuses.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Their customer acquisition costs are really high. Lots of marketing and bonuses.

I’m sticking with the shares I got in the mid 30s. It’s up nice so far and is some exposure but the gambling thing reminds me of the pot stocks where initially people were acting like everyone and their moms would be toking up. I think some of those stocks will do well but the initial market caps were based on crazy TAM projections. I feel kind of the same way on gambling stocks where analysts think every fan will be betting in game with the TAM. There’s a bunch that went up a ton but will all succeed and after these bonuses go away will they capture all those bettors as real clients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m sticking with the shares I got in the mid 30s. It’s up nice so far and is some exposure but the gambling thing reminds me of the pot stocks where initially people were acting like everyone and their moms would be toking up. I think some of those stocks will do well but the initial market caps were based on crazy TAM projections. I feel kind of the same way on gambling stocks where analysts think every fan will be betting in game with the TAM. There’s a bunch that went up a ton but will all succeed and after these bonuses go away will they capture all those bettors as real clients.

:lol:  I give it the "70's+ dad" test.  If he knows about it, it's worth considering a buy.  If he uses it, back the f'n truck up!  I'll never forget the day my dad tried to explain to me what gummies are and feelings it gives him.  Or how he could bet on Badgers football and golf without having to go to Vegas.   

Should add that I haven't owned a pot stock since 2018-19???  This was 2015-16 when I got the gummies story.  Don't think I'll ever buy one again.  

Edited by beef
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pmedina said:

Was so close to even on MARA, go to bed and down 8% 🤕. Will hang on, but crypto not for me for the long run. 

 

The trade was working, just got caught up in bad timing with the China news.  Then again China news popping up at the wrong time is always a risk w/ crypto trades.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I’m sticking with the shares I got in the mid 30s. It’s up nice so far and is some exposure but the gambling thing reminds me of the pot stocks where initially people were acting like everyone and their moms would be toking up. I think some of those stocks will do well but the initial market caps were based on crazy TAM projections. I feel kind of the same way on gambling stocks where analysts think every fan will be betting in game with the TAM. There’s a bunch that went up a ton but will all succeed and after these bonuses go away will they capture all those bettors as real clients.

 

I don't necessarily disagree, but the dollar amounts wagered on the black markets especially during major events like the Super Bowl had to have dwarfed what was being spent on weed in the black market, right?  

A friend of mine names Admiral Moutard used to buy an ounce of weed for $300 in the olden days.  It would last him 2 months easily.  Same fella would burn through $300 on a Sunday.  Every Sunday in the fall.  Saturdays too.  

Now Moutard can grow an ounce of weed for free and still loses the same on football only it's way way way easier now to lose!  

 

This might not mean anything, really.  

 

Edited by General Malaise
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

 

I don't necessarily disagree, but the dollar amounts wagered on the black markets especially during major events like the Super Bowl had to have dwarfed what was being spent on weed in the black market, right?  

A friend of mine names Admiral Moutard used to buy an ounce of weed for $300 in the olden days.  It would last him 2 months easily.  Same fella would burn through $300 on a Sunday.  Every Sunday in the fall.  Saturdays too.  

Now Moutard can grow an ounce of weed for free and still loses the same on football only it's way way way easier now to lose!  

 

This might not mean anything, really.  

 

With how prices are plummeting right now in Oregon, dispensaries are able to buy a pound of killer greenhouse for $300-500, and indoor for $600-$900. This would have been double that rate even three months ago.  

Funny how times have changed. In college, ounces went for $300 and were sold for $50 per eighth. Classic story of supply and demand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Buy Nike, I said.  Safest stock out there I believed. People always need shoes, I thought.  

Good God, somebody hug me.  :(

 

Well, at least you didn't buy UVXY days ago for $26+. I'm holding though until the SPY flips back to bullish on the daily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

 

I don't necessarily disagree, but the dollar amounts wagered on the black markets especially during major events like the Super Bowl had to have dwarfed what was being spent on weed in the black market, right?  

A friend of mine names Admiral Moutard used to buy an ounce of weed for $300 in the olden days.  It would last him 2 months easily.  Same fella would burn through $300 on a Sunday.  Every Sunday in the fall.  Saturdays too.  

Now Moutard can grow an ounce of weed for free and still loses the same on football only it's way way way easier now to lose!  

 

This might not mean anything, really.  

 

I legitimately have no idea how to respond. I feel like I’m in a grass field and an alien ship lands in front of me. An alien comes out and his left hand looks like a blaster of some sort but his mouthful of shark teeth appears to be smiling. In a deep growl he says bleep bloop. Do I pull my rifle out and start shooting or do I shake his claw? Yep, just like that, I’m at a total loss.

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I legitimately have no idea how to respond. I feel like I’m in a grass field and an alien ship lands in front of me. An alien comes out and his left hand looks like a blaster of some sort but his mouthful of shark teeth appears to be smiling. In a deep growl he says bleep bloop. Do I pull my rifle out and start shooting or do I shake his claw? Yep, just like that, I’m at a total loss.

 

I feel like this whole thread popped some gummies today.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I legitimately have no idea how to respond. I feel like I’m in a grass field and an alien ship lands in front of me. An alien comes out and his left hand looks like a blaster of some sort but his mouthful of shark teeth appears to be smiling. In a deep growl he says bleep bloop. Do I pull my rifle out and start shooting or do I shake his claw? Yep, just like that, I’m at a total loss.

 

:lmao:

Today, I shake his claw, french kiss him and beg him to shoot me.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Healthcare newsletter I subscribe to. I was down on Teladoc.  Virtual care will maintain for mental health but otherwise people are going back to see doctors in offices. 
 

“I was curious about the performance of Teladoc Health stock since announced its acquisition of Livongo for $18.5 billion in August 2020. Shares are down 30% versus the Dow’s 27% increase, with the company’s market capitalization now being barely more than the acquisition price of what was touted to be a $37 billion merger (the company is now worth $21 billion). TDOC shares are 56% off their 52-week high. The company lost $134 million in Q2.”

Edited by Judge Smails
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 10:40 AM, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Most of us I think. 

:hey:

In and out, holding long, options, the whole shebang.

---

I'm sure I'm the only one in this, but DMYI is going nutty today as they are finally merging.  This is a shot in the dark with the first pure quantum computer play in the market.  I'm gonna make billions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, Ridgeback said:

With how prices are plummeting right now in Oregon, dispensaries are able to buy a pound of killer greenhouse for $300-500, and indoor for $600-$900. This would have been double that rate even three months ago.  

Funny how times have changed. In college, ounces went for $300 and were sold for $50 per eighth. Classic story of supply and demand.

 50 for an 1/8?  Where? Maybe like Lincoln Nebraska.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, identikit said:

Doing ok here in downish markets....

Looking to sell BNKU if it hits $62.

Might be today....

 

I trimmed some at 61.50.  Trimmed some NRGU at 147.50 too.  Haven't set any other limit sells yet.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, beef said:

I trimmed some at 61.50.  Trimmed some NRGU at 147.50 too.  Haven't set any other limit sells yet.  

 

Out of BNKU @ $62...

Will wait for the next cycle.

Edited by identikit
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, culdeus said:

 50 for an 1/8?  Where? Maybe like Lincoln Nebraska.

 

It was $40 for an eighth in Oregon ever since I moved here in '96.  No seeds or stems, good bud.  They grow some amazing stuff out here.  

But yeah, now you can get solid flower for like $10 or less 1/8.  I was buying ounces of shake for $50 to cook with.  It's bananas out here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

 

It was $40 for an eighth in Oregon ever since I moved here in '96.  No seeds or stems, good bud.  They grow some amazing stuff out here.  

But yeah, now you can get solid flower for like $10 or less 1/8.  I was buying ounces of shake for $50 to cook with.  It's bananas out here.  

😅 The farm I'm working with is trying to unload their remaining inventory of last seasons crop for $200 per POUND. B buds, but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Healthcare newsletter I subscribe to. I was down on Teladoc.  Virtual care will maintain for mental health but otherwise people are going back to see doctors in offices. 
 

“I was curious about the performance of Teladoc Health stock since announced its acquisition of Livongo for $18.5 billion in August 2020. Shares are down 30% versus the Dow’s 27% increase, with the company’s market capitalization now being barely more than the acquisition price of what was touted to be a $37 billion merger (the company is now worth $21 billion). TDOC shares are 56% off their 52-week high. The company lost $134 million in Q2.”

Utilization and satisfaction of telemedicine has remained high according to the neurosurgeon associations I work with. These guys aren't GP's, so maybe both can be true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

😅 The farm I'm working with is trying to unload their remaining inventory of last seasons crop for $200 per POUND. B buds, but still.

 

Wow!  Well, if you ever need to off-load some, I'm around.  I just making butter and coconut oil with it these days with an occasional hand-rolled joint for old-time's sake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

 

Wow!  Well, if you ever need to off-load some, I'm around.  I just making butter and coconut oil with it these days with an occasional hand-rolled joint for old-time's sake.

Unfortunately, this mule has to take product directly to dispensaries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ridgeback said:

😅 The farm I'm working with is trying to unload their remaining inventory of last seasons crop for $200 per POUND. B buds, but still.

I have no idea if this is ridiculously expensive or cheap.  :lmao:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

How do we play the potential government shutdown?  Is there some kind of ETF that shorts the market? 

These were ones I played when Covid first hit the markets.

SPXS 3x Bear for S&P

TZA 3x Bear for Small Cap/Russell

SDOW 3x shorts the Dow 30

SQQQ 3x short for Nasdaq (I don't think I played this one because I'm too scared to bet against MS, APPL, Jeff, Goog...)

Instead of starting any positions in any of these, I'll play the bulls (TQQQ, TNA, SPXL) if/when they dip.    

Edited by beef
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...