What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

although I moved most of my money to crypto.  and its fun to post big gains, sometimes it doesnt work out.

I killed it in BROS and stupidly purchased dwac at the all time high.  I'm down $60K in trump bucks :kicksrock:
Ouch.

I do envy you guys who have these big numbers to play with. Congrats on getting there. I’m still happy notching $50 wins on a trade. 

Yeah, Ive just been seeing my name pop up from time to time.  So, I wanted to at least , if nothing, else, show all.

No one should listen to me.  im a gambler, not an investor.
You are a high roller gambler. I’d honestly say my portfolio is probably way riskier than most. I think most folks in here are heavy on their 401ks and retirement funds in ETFs/mutual funds/index funds/target year funds and then have a portion in individual stocks. I’m the opposite at 80%+ in individual stocks and 15-20% in 401ks. I feel like a slot machine gambler compared to you, but it’s fun to watch!

I will say that I see nowhere but down for DWAC for what it’s worth. I wouldn’t put a penny in it.

Just a reminder for value investors...

DOW is down from where @Todem first mentioned it as a buy.  PE in the 7s and a 5% dividend.

LYD is also down with a forward PE of 5 and a dividend around 5%.

Here's a fun earnings report. TWLO is down 10% AHs. You'd think, maybe they barfed it like HOOD. Welp, here's the result:

Twilio (TWLO) said it earned 1-cent per share on an adjusted basis vs. a 4-cent profit in the year-earlier period. Revenue jumped 65% to $740.2 million, including acquisitions, said the communications software maker.

Analysts had estimated Twilio would report a 14-cent loss on revenue of $681 million.

How do you pummel the numbers that much and drop 10% you might ask? Well, their COO is stepping down. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but he's made millions I'm sure since he worked as COO at Salesforce before that, but Salesforce sure didn't fall apart when he left to Twilio 4 years ago. If it was their visionary CEO/founder or their CFO, after saying they need to restate revenue, leaving then I could see it, but losing 10% in market cap for a COO?
Buying opportunity?

So is anyone making the smart move and selling off some Amazon today?  I was hoping for $3450 today but that isn't looking likely now.

Never mind on $SHOP, up over 5%. $TWLO climbing back a little, too.
I’ve been holding TWLO for a while now so it’s still way up. Not planning to sell for a while. After the acquisitions, seeing them have a quarter with more expenses but still raising revenue guidance doesn’t worry me long term. Actually, compared to most high growth tech stocks their P/S is on the cheap side around 17 I think. Not bad for 60-80% growth.

Tesla really gave her the world. That bet alone made up for any mistake and made her a star. Those HOOD numbers were not good.

The first time or the second?

This latest run may not have been 15x or whatever like the first time, but let's not forget how bearish the majority of the investing world was on TSLA when it dropped below $600 and Burry had a huge short position and people thought this thing was more likely to go back to $60 than back to ATH's.  Well on its way to that $1300 call she made now.

But in general yes, I agree.  I said even during her peak that Cathie Wood was basically a retail investor with lots and lots of money behind her.  Her daily buy list, even at her peak, wouldn't have looked very different from WSB's weekly buy list minus the meme stocks.

I still remember watching her on CNBC talking about PLTR.  Something like "well we have no idea what they're really doing but they have government contracts so they must be doing something right".  Sounded exactly like what an average WSB user might call "Due Dilligence".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I would be careful buying BLDP on breakouts right now unless you like PLUG.  It's basically running 100% as a sympathy play to PLUG right now, not moving on its actual business fundamentals or even speculation on BLDP itself.  PLUG moves, that entire sector moves in tandem.

If you believe in BLDP itself as many here do (I have a good sized position for such a speculative stock) I think there will be better buying opportunities.  I bought my initial position way high in the 30's before I realized it was just moving with PLUG at the time, but I've been averaging down a lot down here.

Still a believer in the company mostly on Todem's rec, but if you're looking to build a position you can really take advantage of the sector movements up and down that affect the stock price a lot without anything really changing about the company itself.  That makes dips attractive to me because it's really PLUG dipping, not BLDP itself, even though you're getting a better price on BLDP.

I’ve been holding TWLO for a while now so it’s still way up. Not planning to sell for a while. After the acquisitions, seeing them have a quarter with more expenses but still raising revenue guidance doesn’t worry me long term. Actually, compared to most high growth tech stocks their P/S is on the cheap side around 17 I think. Not bad for 60-80% growth.

Liking my $280.01 and $285.01 buys this morning.

IONQ 18% up.  Love the concept there, but if someone wanted to add it's a highly volatile stock, so it's likely to see -10% tomorrow.  MTTR and SOFI also having great days.

I appreciate all of you selling some AMZN.  Now they can finally announce a split.
Still almost 20% of my account so I’ll take a split! Raising a bit more cash and taking advantage of a smaller short term gain that is canceled out by existing short term losses. On an up day like this, I may sell a bit more in my IRA. Nicer when there are no tax ramifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a F150 two weeks ago.

You're welcome.   :banned:
My buddy just bought a 2020 with 6K miles on it.  Got a steal of a deal and he showed it off to me on Sunday.  God, what a nice rig.  I'm not manly enough to own a pick-up and wouldn't really know what to do with it (I don't have anything to tow and most of my tools can fit in a few shoe boxes) but when the EV F150 comes out, I'm going to be a very interested party to it.  

Users who are viewing this thread