What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Yo @General Malaise how do we convert from betting turnover to revenue on our friend $PLGNF? I see in some sort of deck it should be like 6-12% - you have any intel on this? 

I was informed there would be no math in this debate......

The calculation I'm told works like this:  Take the turnover of $54MM and multiply it by 2.5%, which is the 'hold'.  Then take that figure and multiply by 10% to get the net revenue.  So, $135K for the month.  

Think 2023 and beyond with this one.....

Naked Wines up 40+% after being mentioned on CNBC a few minutes ago.  I've traded these mentions a few times in the past for a quick short term spike, but missed this one.  Damn work!

My buddy just bought a 2020 with 6K miles on it.  Got a steal of a deal and he showed it off to me on Sunday.  God, what a nice rig.  I'm not manly enough to own a pick-up and wouldn't really know what to do with it (I don't have anything to tow and most of my tools can fit in a few shoe boxes) but when the EV F150 comes out, I'm going to be a very interested party to it.  
The man-card comes with the tow package. Pretty much standard on all F150's.

Just dumped 20% of my Apple.  Those were the shares I bought when it tanked after the last great earnings annoucement.  

Went to buy an Imac last weekend at Best Buy.  Options were a 2 yo model or wait a month or longer unless I wanted a blue colored one.  I know that doesn't fall into last quarter, but it's concerning when consumers can't buy your product when they want it.

Psychologically weird when you look at Amzn up $75 (2.2%) and say #### yeah and then look at Apple only up $3.43 (2.3%) and wonder why it's such a slacker.

I was informed there would be no math in this debate......

The calculation I'm told works like this:  Take the turnover of $54MM and multiply it by 2.5%, which is the 'hold'.  Then take that figure and multiply by 10% to get the net revenue.  So, $135K for the month.  

Think 2023 and beyond with this one.....
Aha thanks. Smaller than I had hoped. They are going to need some cash. Or just to 30x again October to November :)

Just dumped 20% of my Apple.  Those were the shares I bought when it tanked after the last great earnings annoucement.  

Went to buy an Imac last weekend at Best Buy.  Options were a 2 yo model or wait a month or longer unless I wanted a blue colored one.  I know that doesn't fall into last quarter, but it's concerning when consumers can't buy your product when they want it.
Have no idea what will happen with AAPL today, but that hasn't hurt GNRC. I was looking into getting a whole house generator late summer and was told I'd have to wait 9 months. I bought GNRC that day, a 100 pts ago.

Are you trimming today before the bear market begins?
Nah. I got in around 800 so I don’t really want to pay the taxes. 

I do have some more I’ve bought along the way but may as well just keep riding the wave. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have no idea what will happen with AAPL today, but that hasn't hurt GNRC. I was looking into getting a whole house generator late summer and was told I'd have to wait 9 months. I bought GNRC that day, a 100 pts ago.

Fair point.  My only counter argument is that's a once and done where a computer has x amount of life and postponing a purchase now is likely permanently postponing future purchases.  

Facebook renaming to Meta, new ticker $MRVS.  Market seems to approve.

Most importantly, does this mean we're going to have to start referring to them as the MAANG stocks?  It doesn't have the same ring to it.

Facebook renaming to Meta, new ticker $MRVS.  Market seems to approve.

Most importantly, does this mean we're going to have to start referring to them as the MAANG stocks?  It doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sounds very taking-over-the-worldish 

I for one will not bend the knee to these wannabee overlords.

Last edited by a moderator:
identikit said:
When's the last time Willis made a good movie?
Die Hard with a Vengeance?

I couldn’t remember that movie title, but on IMDB would it surprise you that he’s been in almost 150 movies? Unreal. He’ll do anything. 

Die Hard with a Vengeance?

I couldn’t remember that movie title, but on IMDB would it surprise you that he’s been in almost 150 movies? Unreal. He’ll do anything. 

He's been churning out tons of B-movie schlock lately

Direct-to-stream

Tried to watch a couple of them

:X

What a day.

This means tomorrow just blows right?

Generally speaking, Fridays have been pretty solid this year.  Tomorrow is the last trading day of the month and many fund managers are eager to lock in good gains in the first month of the 4th quarter because the next two months will determine bonuses and Oct. has been largely good across the board (unless you were a dedicated short seller).  So, unless earnings come out and just disappoint greatly, I think the big boys will be gunning to close Oct. on a high note and swing for the fences in Nov/Dec.  We can't let the boys of Reddit get all the lambos.

Maybe this just isn’t a growth stock anymore. It’s been the love of my investment life for 7 years but maybe it’s time to rotate out. Annoying. 

Users who are viewing this thread