What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (28 Viewers)

Took profits on some cydy last week, but still sitting on 2500 shares.  Given some other bets I’ve made that haven’t paid off, I’m really considering unloading another portion here to hedge my bet.  FOMO weighing heavily telling me to buckle up and hold, though.

Was in there Saturday and they are swamped.  Rode by a few days last week and every day the lot is full.  I was in to get a few things for the yard and was talking to one gentleman who said he's had too much time at home and the honey-do list has become too long to keep ignoring.  Spring is usually jumping in there with folks getting everything from potting soil and plants to pool supplies to weed/feed and pavers.  Our local Lowe's, at least, is always busy.  That said, it doesn't have a HD across the parking lot/street to compete with.  

Everyone knows LOW can't compete with AMZN in terms of stock value and no one is suggestion that, but in its space I see Lowe's doing pretty well.  
I still prefer HD, but there's room for both.

Lots of bio stocks up. AYTU soaring. MESO, not so. 

Nasdaq 10k soon?  Was reading something over the weekend about the S&P being off 17% from highs, but the majority of those companies are still 27+% off.  It's the big boys driving this rebound.
GS put something out about the narrowness of the rally. There is also the pie chart showing the weightings and it's pretty absurd and also looks like an intern formatted it. I know they use breadth or lackthereof as a bullish indicator but as someone who is bearish, I think that shows some rationality to the markets. I mean sure, indices might pull back when these guys can't prop it up but if you're investing in individual stocks, is down 28% the right answer? I don't know but it's a lot better than only down 17%. 

"The U.S. benchmark is around 17% below its February record, but the median stock trades 28% from its peak, Goldman strategists including David Kostin wrote in a note Friday. Meanwhile, the five largest companies make up 20% of the gauge’s market capitalization, exceeding the 18% level the measure reached in March 2000 and raising investor concerns about narrow market breadth, they said."

ETA: https://twitter.com/HedgeyeDDale/status/1254459139964768259/photo/1 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to find anything at a discount today.
We're basically where we were last summer, you know, excluding 20% of the workforce being unemployed, malls/restaurants being empty, deficits exploding, and The Fed printing forever.

I see no reason to pull the punch bowl away right now.

I there's one store I see shopping accelerating, it's Lowe's.  Hard to find a parking spot anymore.  Now that I think about it, that may be because the hours have been cut back by 25%.  Local grocery store had plenty of marked down meat today.  Porterhouse steaks at 3 something a pound.
Went to Home Depot yesterday.  What an absolute SH!T show.  I am beginning to think that the people staffed by businesses that remain open to the public are all the rejects who couldn't land the jobs normally but are willing to work.  It is a bad bad sign when the people working at a hardware store are less knowledgeable about the products they sell than I am.  Because I assure you, on the scale of masculinity and men who know how to do stuff with their hands (not counting that) I am the least manly man out there.  But my god, the people I encountered yesterday wearing the orange and roaming the vast halls of Home Depot were head-spinningly stupid and unable to help.  

I don't know why I'm posting this other than the need to rant, but I might try out Lowes just to see if it's less populated by booger eaters than Home Depot.  I want to short HD stock out of pure spite.  

Went to Home Depot yesterday.  What an absolute SH!T show.  I am beginning to think that the people staffed by businesses that remain open to the public are all the rejects who couldn't land the jobs normally but are willing to work.  It is a bad bad sign when the people working at a hardware store are less knowledgeable about the products they sell than I am.  Because I assure you, on the scale of masculinity and men who know how to do stuff with their hands (not counting that) I am the least manly man out there.  But my god, the people I encountered yesterday wearing the orange and roaming the vast halls of Home Depot were head-spinningly stupid and unable to help.  

I don't know why I'm posting this other than the need to rant, but I might try out Lowes just to see if it's less populated by booger eaters than Home Depot.  I want to short HD stock out of pure spite.  
This mirrors my experience here in Memphis. 

Best comparison I have found: 
Lowes = Costco
Home Depot = Sam's Club 

that was a solid rant and pretty much covered it .

They are for the most part clueless. It's TOTALLY do it yourself. I need a lot of stuff but will not even go near that place on a weekend. I get up too late to go 1st thing. I'll go at lunch this week one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they interviewing him and discussing herd immunity etc. He’s no more qualified to talk about this than any joe walking down the street. 
No idea why they listen to any of these people on any of this stuff. I suppose because the scientists can't really speak markets so they try to find the people closer to the scientists. I also think it's probably because the scientists won't say anything definitive. Doesn't fit their narrative. 

The only business person I'd listen to is Gates. Did an interview on CNN yesterday and just a straight shooter. What is fascinating to me is how calm him and Fauci are while saying things like we aren't going back to normal until we have a vaccine and at best, that is 12 months away. Meanwhile, market just goes up. 

PFGC - Performance Food Group - ( Food Distribution) rallying nicely on the food shortage news.  :lmao:   Kostanza!

It's in one of my small cap fund options. 

PFGC - Performance Food Group - ( Food Distribution) rallying nicely on the food shortage news.  :lmao:   Kostanza!

It's in one of my small cap fund options. 
I've been more wrong about this short. Underestimated their ability to deliver food to grocers over restaurants. Have to think they're rallying along with the restaurants since they seem to be rallying on a reopen. 

So, I stop paying attention for a couple days and CYDY.... anything specific happen? This thread is a little cumbersome to hunt around.

Any market-timers out there still sitting on a bunch of cash waiting for the market to "re-test the low?"
I still have a nice chunk of cash, maybe 15% that I wish I had just pushed in since everything I bought during the downturn is up and most is up 50-100%. That said, since I am all in on all my 401ks, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have some cash. I do feel like we are irrationally exuberant. Unemployment is pretty bad, but the market is happy as a clam. Definitely the haves versus the have nots now.

So, I stop paying attention for a couple days and CYDY.... anything specific happen? This thread is a little cumbersome to hunt around.
Big announcement today. It had been anticipated for a few days.  The announcement is they finished filling their BLA.  It’s a big step

Users who are viewing this thread