What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

Bought some more at 6.15.  Transferring some more cash into Schwab - hoping it hits before the we hit $9 next week.

I would be very disappointed.
Haven’t sold a single share but I don’t have You money so being up as much as I am makes a buyout OK for me. I do agree that I would love even more, but I’m nervous because right now it is real money. Staying the course. 

@chet When you see a massive run up over the last three days like we have on basically zero new news are you fearful or optimistic? Fearful in the sense of a takeover and optimistic in the sense that word has just finally gotten out.  

I'm shorting the #### out of them. No sports, ergo no sports betting. Raging pandemic amkes for dubious forecast.
I'm completely out of DKNG and BETZ right now.  When you can't even organize a tennis charity event without spreading Covid, I just don't have a lot of confidence that sports is close to figuring this out.  

It's funny, I usually don't do tips and such. I've had my little 3k a year IRA for 20 years, and have done very well with QQQ, BoA, etc. And I'm 99% "buy and hold", so I tend to think very long term.  I go months without checking the account. 

For some reason, back in Dec, when Chet mentioned this, I had about $500 "cash" in the account, and said what the heck, and bought 750 shares. Then totally forgot about it.

Then in March or April, I saw it again in this thread (think it was about $2 then), and said "oh, let me look at this stock", not realizing I already had 750 shares @ 60-something cents (nice little surprise).  I've added more, and what the heck, let's see where this goes.

If nothing else, it's fun thinking "geez, what if this is THE drug for Corona..."  
Now think about what if this is THE drug for cancer. Not the same immediate impact, but...

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
I'm completely out of DKNG and BETZ right now.  When you can't even organize a tennis charity event without spreading Covid, I just don't have a lot of confidence that sports is close to figuring this out.  
European soccer leagues seem to be working well, I'm guessing these sites don't have that?

European soccer leagues seem to be working well, I'm guessing these sites don't have that?
Good to know.  Maybe I'm just too detached from some of those leagues.  BETZ should.  They're pretty heavy in European companies.  I fully expect to get back in DKNG and/or BETZ again, just not feeling it yet.  

They have soccer but I think that is a fairly saturated market since you can gamble on it in Europe and the following in the US is still paltry compared to the Big 3/4. I'm sure some degenerates are all over it just like they've been betting on Korean Baseball but imagine they've had illegal bookies. The thing again that I can't get over. As someone who spends time in MA and NY, who would through a few bucks on a game, I can't even do it. Unless I take the PATH train to NJ and sit in Hoboken to make my picks, which doesn't sound fun. 

@chet When you see a massive run up over the last three days like we have on basically zero new news are you fearful or optimistic? Fearful in the sense of a takeover and optimistic in the sense that word has just finally gotten out.  
Before the move we've seen in the last week, the stock had been in a holding pattern since early April.  But the company had accomplished a lot in that time--fully enrolling one study and getting ready to submit interim data on the other.  A COVID approval would be enormous and I think people are just starting to realize that CYDY is ahead of everyone else.  Add short covering, institutional buying and possible uplisting and you've got a perfect storm .  I just really hope that it's not big pharma establishing a position in advance of a buyout offer.

I receive the live price in my watchlist on Interactive Brokers, but the chart is delayed 15 minutes. 

I also cannot buy in Interactive Brokers where a good portion of funds are bc it is pink sheet (otherwise, good chance I'd prob own a lot more... those mother####ers :rant: )

yep. I still have tomorrow. But somehow winning / losing a couple hundred on that doesn't bother me when I'm making 4-5 figures a day on ChetYDY.

Also, I seldom directly tell someone to buy or not buy something, but Wind Cries Mary has had such a tough run, I wanted to prevent him from getting another gut punch.
😅 No worries, I've got iron abs. CYDY has helped tremendously, even if I only have 1500 shares. I'll happily name my next dog Chet.

I just really hope that it's not big pharma establishing a position in advance of a buyout offer.
But if the data is coming back to them very strong, why would they sell now? And that's just for Covid.

The only thing that would have me worried with your statement is NP seems like a dolt in over his head. I really hope I'm wrong about that. 

Before the move we've seen in the last week, the stock had been in a holding pattern since early April.  But the company had accomplished a lot in that time--fully enrolling one study and getting ready to submit interim data on the other.  A COVID approval would be enormous and I think people are just starting to realize that CYDY is ahead of everyone else.  Add short covering, institutional buying and possible uplisting and you've got a perfect storm .  I just really hope that it's not big pharma establishing a position in advance of a buyout offer.
Could this be buildup for a partnership with BP related only to COVID?  Not a buyout of CytoDyn as a whole.  There are too many positive factors going on now for a sellout, unless the deal is too good to refuse.  

HIV BLA

NASH trials

Cancer basket trials

COVID trials (75, 390 patients) with results coming soon

COVID - Mexico FDA filing?

Uplisting out of OTC

Hopefully a peer reviewed article from Dr. P published soon

Samsung production deal.

COVID related indications came out of the blue this year.  I hope the company doesn't sell based on that alone.  Lots of promise for Leronlimab beyond covid.  

Why whole portfolio is beating the market by almost a percent.  Everything else adds up to zero except CYDY - it's the only reason I'm up.  That's insane.

ETA:  When I bought this it was with my old poker account money - taxable.  So I really don't want a taxable event of this size at regular income tax rates.  Can we please stretch any acquisition activity out until early next year, CYDY?  It would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a limit sell order at $99.  Did this to prevent short sellers from borrowing against my shares.  Not sure if thats how it works but something that came up on this board.

Think I might need to bump it to $200 to be safe 😀
I entered a limit order to sell at $99, also. It says, essentially, if this sale goes through, you will be trading 5500 shares for $544,500, and I'm like, yup.

Why whole portfolio is beating the market by almost a percent.  Everything else adds up to zero except CYDY - it's the only reason I'm up.  That's insane.
I’m up 2.8% better than the S&P today. I think I’ve beaten the market by 10% this past week between AMZN, FSLY and CYDY. Insane is right. I think I’m close to 50% better than the market this year.

But if the data is coming back to them very strong, why would they sell now? And that's just for Covid.

The only thing that would have me worried with your statement is NP seems like a dolt in over his head. I really hope I'm wrong about that. 
CYDY has no intention of selling but it might not be their choice.  

You're not wrong about NP.  When all is said and done, I will share some stories that will horrify you.  

I entered a limit order to sell at $99, also. It says, essentially, if this sale goes through, you will be trading 5500 shares for $544,500, and I'm like, yup.
Wait, you can do that to prevent shorts? What do I do a limit order with no end date?

I'd think we are sorta out of the woods for shorts with this move.

Huge risk 

Huge risk to try and short or huge risk for us with no more short squeeze?
IMO it would be very risky to short this stock (CYDY) rock now. This run up and volume screams good news leaking or takeover.

Either of those would crush shorts and be completely immune to hack job twitter smear attempts. 

Yeah who cares if you cost Chet $20mm so you can grab an extra 5K.
Huh? How do I cost him anything? He’s already up what $5M? No need to be snarky which you’ve said I was before. I’m thinking about retirement and college costs not a yacht. I think it’s OK for me and others to be happy we could make 6 figures or 5 figures. People can have different goals. I don’t know what the upper limit of this stock is and I haven’t hopped off yet but you’d be an extremely bad investor if you aren’t thinking about the exit plans.

Huh? How do I cost him anything? He’s already up what $5M? No need to be snarky which you’ve said I was before. I’m thinking about retirement and college costs not a yacht. I think it’s OK for me and others to be happy we could make 6 figures or 5 figures. People can have different goals. I don’t know what the upper limit of this stock is and I haven’t hopped off yet but you’d be an extremely bad investor if you aren’t thinking about the exit plans.
Sorry. Wasn't meaning to be snarky. Sometimes humor is meaner than intended. Was just saying what you were wishing would probably cost Chet a lot of money. This coming from the guy shorting the #### out of Draft Kings.

IMO it would be very risky to short this stock (CYDY) rock now. This run up and volume screams good news leaking or takeover.

Either of those would crush shorts and be completely immune to hack job twitter smear attempts. 
Checking a borrow now.  Been 'pending' for 15 minutes which usually means no borrow available, but I'll report back.

This has been General Malaise for YouTube stock loan department reporting.

I receive the live price in my watchlist on Interactive Brokers, but the chart is delayed 15 minutes. 

I also cannot buy in Interactive Brokers where a good portion of funds are bc it is pink sheet (otherwise, good chance I'd prob own a lot more... those mother####ers :rant: )
I own quite a bit in my IB account fwiw.

I'm such a degenerate I've been submitting both NASCAR and PGA lineups in Draftkings. 

What are the overhead costs that DKNG has to maintain?  I wouldn't think they'd be much.  They can temporarily slash their marketing budget and the cost of creating contests has to be almost nothing, with a 12% rake just for hosting it.  It seems like they should be able to ride this out until CYDY changes the world.  ;)

Sorry. Wasn't meaning to be snarky. Sometimes humor is meaner than intended. Was just saying what you were wishing would probably cost Chet a lot of money. This coming from the guy shorting the #### out of Draft Kings.
No worries, just throwing a little back at you. It would cost me a lot too, but I’m very close to the if anyone gives me an out that lets me feel like I didn’t bail early phase. There’s still a worry about results that aren’t good enough.

Also, less wishing for a $10 buyout just saying I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing for me. I’d much rather ride this train to $30 a share too.

We have reached the portion of the show where we trade sideways for a little bit.

Feel free to get up, stretch your legs, take a piss and shower if you like.
The behavior is so systematic, it's almost scary. Today seems like you probably had some algos/day traders pumping it up. I'm beginning to lean towards a buyout. Maybe a less sophisticated biotech fund? But this trading pattern is ridiculously obvious (until it isn't). But seems like some pharma told a bank to accumulate a position and only accumulate so many shares at % appreciation per day. Not the worst ride in the world assuming it holds. 

@General Malaise  My bad.  I didn't realize the merger was halted 2 years ago.  So much  press when it was announce and not much around here when it fell apart.
No biggie. :thumbup:

Not sure why, but I've always just used Fanduel to bet PGA with my boss.  Guess I should swap over to Draftkings since I'm a large shareholder of 25 shares (for my son). 

As the days pile up behind us in the rearview mirror, I'm growing less and less convinced that sports are coming back to us any time soon.  I think the PGA might rethink things after this weekend.  

I'm such a degenerate I've been submitting both NASCAR and PGA lineups in Draftkings. 

What are the overhead costs that DKNG has to maintain?  I wouldn't think they'd be much.  They can temporarily slash their marketing budget and the cost of creating contests has to be almost nothing, with a 12% rake just for hosting it.  It seems like they should be able to ride this out until CYDY changes the world.  ;)
My question is why people pay a 12% rake on this bull####. I've seen meat raffles with better odds. 

Users who are viewing this thread