What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (21 Viewers)

If I were @chet I'd pull down 25-33%. 

If it goes to 20 then you're costing yourself about 3-4MM, but you're also locking in a nice chunk in the event Phase 3 comes back bad. These small Biotechs can be unpredictable.

But I also pulled my cost basis out by selling 1/3 of my position at the first 3.50 spike, so WTF do I know :lol:  

The good news Is I think we are now realistically looking at a floor in the $2-4 range... if #### news came out (barring something completely catastrophic) 
These are exactly my thoughts. Frankly, I am surprised that chet and his company have not sold enough to cover their cost basis at this point. If they bought a million shares at a average cost of $1 (I know it is lower than that), they only need to sell about 10% to get to even. His steadfast holding has served to inspire me to hold longer than I typically would, so thanks for that, but I have taken profits at several benchmark numbers and look to sell a bit more around $10. I guess it all comes down to our level of risk tolerance (and in my case, trying to balance the holdings in my Roth). Good problems to have.

Yah, I just did the math and actually not terrible because its already gone up so much with a $ cost avg of $1.88.  If I pull out 20% it increases my $1MM target price by 10%.

F short term capital gains tax though
I’m not worrying about short term tax. I’ll get destroyed in my taxable account since my wife and I work, but this is about capturing the gains not waiting a year. The results would have to be epic to the point where you felt like it would be a long standing biotech company.

I wonder if there was a buyout if we’d be stuck with short term taxes regardless. I’d say PFE bought them and we got shares of PFE instead, are you automatically stuck with short term gains and the cost basis starts over with the PFE shares? Or, do you continue the progress towards getting long term because you didn’t technically ever put in a sell order? If it’s the latter, some of us might actually welcome a buyout because it’s less risky to hold a giant company like PFE for another 6-7 months to reduce the taxes 20-25%. 2/3rds of my shares are in an IRA so that I’ll sell whenever necessary.

Darn, I checked and an acquisition would hit us all with short term taxes on anything not in an IRA (Roth or traditional) or other self-managed retirement vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just ridiculous at this point. 
:goodposting:

I (unfortunately) don’t have enough to impact retirement or anything near that magnitude, but still a decent chunk of change.  More significantly for me, it’s been fun following along knowing just how much Chet and a few others have at stake here and running back the what if (I had been more carefree or had bigger balls) and dumped just a bit more into this one.  Awesome ride this has been, and it’s not over!

Yes.  FOMO kicking in with me, but I am gonna hold and not buy more.  I only own 1000 shares.  At one point I think I had almost 5000.

I suck at getting rich
I've had the itchy trigger finger to buy more as well, but I am going to let this ride. Have 13,000 shares, but not at that ridiculously delicious .30 per share. I am averaging more along $5/share.

$10 seems like a psychological boundary. Would guess that is when a lot of us simpletons think about taking some profits. Will be interesting if it just plows right through it. 

Why wouldn’t that person just have placed some sell orders spread out over the book? They just lost a ton of money lol. 

I tapped out at 9 late yesterday.  Bought at 1.0x something.   The market cap is approaching that of pharma companies that I've previously worked for and I had an appreciation for the scale of those.  What a great ride!!! 9 bagger!

A close above $9.50 seems like a big win. Obviously $10 is resistance and seems like getting a good wave of selling. Just given where most bought in, could trigger a lot of profit taking. 

A close above $9.50 seems like a big win. Obviously $10 is resistance and seems like getting a good wave of selling. Just given where most bought in, could trigger a lot of profit taking. 
I completely agree a close above 9.50 would be a big win. 10 is such a mental barrier but it seems to have found its corridor between a 9.50 floor and a 10 cap for now.

Pattern looks a lot like yesterday - Sideways trading for another hour or so and then a nice afternoon lift and close.

sold 20k at 9.74

looking to sell total of 100k shares
Thanks

I have no idea of your overall financials (sounds like you're doing quite well) but I know I'd be selling off a good chunk (half?) if I reached over $1M in a single company, which had just seen these gains. 

Although the 100k shares likely isn't half your holdings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread