What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (14 Viewers)

I mean nobody is investing in this with data right now, right?  We are buying the PR.
There's a fair amount of data.  Perhaps not clinical in all respects, but data nonetheless.  We're not just taking someone's word for it.  There have been trials, there are results, there are ongoing clinical trials, there are scientific explanations as far as how this drug works, there are anecdotal stories of efficacy.  There's a variety of data out there that's driving this.

We're now getting into the realm of hard facts and clinical data from a double blinded trial, a gold standard for results.  The first set of results coming from it are better for a Covid-19 drug than any others out there, and suggest efficacy.  So thus far, we're in pretty good shape.

Would I love to have had more data, on efficacy, etc?  Yes.  But there are factors such as the CEO promising results today, so they had to deliver something.  They have a shareholders meeting tomorrow, so they likely wanted to get something out in front of that if they couldn't get it all out.  Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes but it's not as easy as just holding onto data until you have it.  Investors want results, and the company needs to keep the investors happy.  It's clear what happens when shorts are given sufficient rope to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a fair amount of data.  Perhaps not clinical in all respects, but data nonetheless.  We're just just taking someone's word for it.  There have been trials, there are results, there are ongoing clinical trials, there are scientific explanations as far as how this drug works, there are anecdotal stories of efficacy.  There's a variety of data out there that's driving this.

We're now getting into the realm of hard facts and clinical data from a double blinded trial, a gold standard for results.  The first set of results coming from it are better for a Covid-19 drug than any others out there, and suggest efficacy.  So thus far, we're in pretty good shape.

Would I love to have had more data, on efficacy, etc?  Yes.  But there are factors such as the CEO promising results today, so they had to deliver something.  They have a shareholders meeting tomorrow, so they likely wanted to get something out in front of that if they couldn't get it all out.  Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes but it's not as easy as just holding onto data until you have it.  Investors want results, and the company needs to keep the investors happy.  It's clear what happens when shorts are given sufficient rope to work with.
True.  :thumbup:

Headline: 39% of Patients in Placebo Arm Had SAEs as Compared to Only 14% of Patients in Leronlimab Arm Had SAEs, Which Were Unrelated to Leronlimab.

My super thorough analysis.

I think my biggest gripe is the headline just isn't true. 21% of patients had SAEs compared to 9%. Could have been written like "X percent reduction in SAEs between Leronlemonade and the placebo". Still boggles my mind they can't write better press releases. But, whatever, love me some BP. 

Adam Feuerstein is a despicable human:
This guy is an #######.  "When a drug maker promises clinical trial results and then fails to deliver, the true reason is obvious: The study failed."

This is all I need to read.  He didn't promise full clinical trial results on Tuesday.  He got out a PR this morning because he did say most likely Tuesday for some results.  Full results are coming.  But AF spins it to say he's hiding the failed study because he didn't release the full results.  Never mind that the PR included positive numbers for safety and the PR specifically said that full efficacy results are coming out and they look forward to it.  Can't believe people listen to this guy.

Wow, that was fast. Placed my order to buy back at $5.25 when I saw the price at $5.20 and by the time I entered it, the share price was north of $5.50. Yoyo day.

Schwab is lagging today :sadbanana:  showed it at 5.30 and I thought I was gonna buy more. Good thing I selected limit and not market because it still says 5.50 and not 6 plus

Was sooo close to adding 25% more at 5.15.

Had it in when it crossed over that line, but the volume of sales likely wasn't there.  Damn.

Users who are viewing this thread