What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (28 Viewers)

You would be surprised the level of audit these dudes do when you apply for long term assistance.  They make you explain “Excessive” cash withdrawals and birthday/Holliday checks.  It’s not like they make your return the $$  But they say you can’t account or gave away $15K so you are ineligible for assistance for the first three months as the avg cost is $5K a month.

its a brutal process.
had no idea.  As I'll be in that same situation in the not too distant future, interested to hear how this plays out.

NJ allows a one time gift of 15k to next of kin.  Before the clawback or upon liquidation of assets for someone to enter an assisted living facility.  Does FL have anything similar?
Love to see a online snapshot of this rule, I can’t find it.

you are allowed to give a one time tax free gift federally, but that’s not exempt from Medicare look back.

this probably should be it’s own thread.  Thanks for all the great feedback, I appreciate it.

had no idea.  As I'll be in that same situation in the not too distant future, interested to hear how this plays out.
Not sure what the right answer is here.  Hope we find her dead tomorrow or hope she spends every dime hanging on for years.

always though to gage quality of life balance when you start to get to this stage (My wife’s grandmother died at 103 last year).

Love to see a online snapshot of this rule, I can’t find it.

you are allowed to give a one time tax free gift federally, but that’s not exempt from Medicare look back.

this probably should be it’s own thread.  Thanks for all the great feedback, I appreciate it.
Medicare is federal, the state program here in nj is Medicaid. So you are correct in that the federal program allows a transfer, and I was wrong.  The 14k does not escape the state lookback.

You would be surprised the level of audit these dudes do when you apply for long term assistance.  They make you explain “Excessive” cash withdrawals and birthday/Holliday checks.  It’s not like they make your return the $$  But they say you can’t account or gave away $15K so you are ineligible for assistance for the first three months as the avg cost is $5K a month.

its a brutal process.
I probably would be. I’m aware of it but never went through it. If it was $15k in one month, then I could see the issue but I just can’t imagine how they call it excessive over many months. I was saying that based on your 3 year timeframe, but I could have misread that.

Sorry to be a thread nazi, but can this grandma stuff be moved to the personal finance thread? It’s almost 9:30 AM on Monday and we need to start talking about if stonks are poised to go up or down. 

Sorry to be a thread nazi, but can this grandma stuff be moved to the personal finance thread? It’s almost 9:30 AM on Monday and we need to start talking about if stonks are poised to go up or down. 
My bad. I responded but I thought we were in that personal finance thread.

So, they going up? I think tomorrow is a down day. Well I expect Apple to go up and maybe keep things even for me.

Just going off a weekend where there was really no news good or bad. Just the same churn.

So, they going up? I think tomorrow is a down day. Well I expect Apple to go up and maybe keep things even for me.

Just going off a weekend where there was really no news good or bad. Just the same churn.
Futures looking good so far. Nasdaq up almost 1%. Dow and S&P up around 1/2%. No bad news and I think today will be decent. 

So far not bad at all.

This Sea (un)limited company is pretty nice. 
AAPL, SE (😍), MSFT all rolling for me today.

I mentioned in here when it was happening but it’s hard to find on mobile - recently SE went into the 130’s in AH for no real reason so I actually sold some. I then bought them back (plus a few extras) when it had its mini-swoon. I was actually relieved to see it because these things need a breather sometimes. Looked like healthy consolidation to me and now this trip into the 130’s feels more authentic.

Still gonna see gyrations, though.

Hmmm...I was looking at my account this morning after taking Friday off.  I was shocked to see all my Amazon stock was gone.  I thought I had sold 1/2 off before earnings so I was fearing the worse that I had sold all.  Checked my history...Not sure what I did, but it was all liquidated at 3244 at 9:30 Friday morning.  Just bought half back at $3139.  

Had some leftover cash sitting around, so bought VSTM @ $1.35 not a lot yet, just getting a toe hold.

Will probably buy some more soon.

Had some leftover cash sitting around, so bought VSTM @ $1.35 not a lot yet, just getting a toe hold.

Will probably buy some more soon.
So a quick question, and this is just from a learning perspective for me. Why did you choose this stock?  As I'm trying to learn more about how to do research about potential stocks, what is it about this one that made you take a look? 

So a quick question, and this is just from a learning perspective for me. Why did you choose this stock?  As I'm trying to learn more about how to do research about potential stocks, what is it about this one that made you take a look? 
@FreeBaGeL suggested it a couple pages back. 

Literally taking a stock tip from an internet stranger here. 

McBokonon said:
If you're building a long-term position, don't time it. Just buy it. Maybe split it up by thirds or whatever. Check back the last few pages.

Steeler said:
I agree with McBokonon after costing my self a couple percentage points waiting for a pull back on Friday.  I was waiting for a pull back and then ultimately purchased shares ~2% higher than I could have had I just bought immediately.  @caustic said waiting for AAPL to pull back has rarely worked for him and that proved to be true on Friday.  Based on my (limited) experience with AAPL I would DCA into the position with either 2 or 3 lots over the next week or so.
thanks guys...added a position this morning.

Kept looking for an AAPL pullback since the announcement and it kept going up.  Ended up buying some at $440 this morning.  With the small amount I can afford at this point, I guess it's not that bad in the long haul... should have had that thinking last Friday.

$WKHS gets a piece of the Lordstown pie. It's up big today, too, but you can play with options on that one if you're interested in this.

Sometimes blind squirrels catch nuts.
Damn, convertible bonds in a Barron's article which of course is behind a paywall after reading it. I believe it said there are 44M shares outstanding and convertible bonds would take that to 75M. Based on the market cap, that means $10 a share. That of course doesn't take into account that these bondholders are getting a huge windfall and likely would be selling to net their gain. Seems like way too much actual risk for me to ever buy any. If you bought before the news, no worries, but after you'd be crazy not to secure the gains if you haven't already. Maybe they end up doing well, but now that most of the cronies have likely already gotten out who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread