What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (30 Viewers)

FWIW - Been looking at Biosimilar companies in the drug segment. All of the main players have some of these in the pipeline:

Link

Mylan NV seems to be out ahead to some degree and they have an interesting next few days as they are merging with Pfizer's Upjohn segment into a new company called Viatris. Upjohn has some legacy drugs that are winding down but can act as a cash cow and knowledgebase to help push Mylan's biosimilars forward. All PFE and MYL shareholders as of close tomorrow get an equal number of VTRS shares on Monday. Might be worth a look. 

There are going to be some big shutdowns coming very soon with new daily Covid cases approaching 150k per day and the cold coming.  For example I live in Northeast Ohio and as of this coming monday schools are closing due to the surging of new cases.

How do we profit?
I'm expecting things to change real quick in WI too.  Rural areas are starting to become cesspools.   

For my day-trading plan, I'll buy the dips and play some leveraged Bull ETFs.  I'm staying out of the Inverse/Bears completely.  I'd rather get stuck in a Bull and have to ride it out than a Bear. 

I'm a little more than 50% cash right now and just waiting to see if/when/what I deploy it too.   But also not really in a rush either.  Really a stupidly vague answer on my part, but nothing on my watchlist looks like a great buy right now.   MRNA is my only day trading buy this week.  

Last edited by a moderator:
with the uncertainty (election + pandemic), what is everyone doing with your retirement accounts? rebalancing to a more conservative outlook until there's some clarity, or just leaving it alone?

with the uncertainty (election + pandemic), what is everyone doing with your retirement accounts? rebalancing to a more conservative outlook until there's some clarity, or just leaving it alone?
Just keep doing what I’ve been doing. S&P up 11.5 on the year, just keep riding those funds and the stocks I like. 

Corona cases accelerating combined with positive vaccine news makes me think a lot of names are going to be very choppy. I've taken some profits and reallocated to companies I like more long term, but these have been marginal moves ~5-10% of overall.

I wonder about the need for a stimulus package win 70 million people can afford to subscribe to Disney+. That must equate to half the households in the US

I am not touching mine.  I'm fine playing around with trying to time the market in my taxable brokerage but my 401k is money I'm depending on to retire so I'm just leaving it alone.  20 years to retirement for me though to be fair.

And with money going in automatically every 2 weeks we kind of get to buy every dip automatically.  So I don't have as much "ah I wish I had some dry powder to take advantage of this dip" FOMO as I do in my brokerage when the market pulls back and I'm already 100% leveraged.

MOON

MOON invests in 50 early-stage companies, with the highest allocation of resources to research and development, along with the degree to which firms stress an innovative culture and mission.

New ETF, sounds interesting.  Going to have to make some room in my Roth for this.

With Biden’s covid head saying he would recommend a 4-6 weeks shut down of the entire economy, this is a great question.  Obviously the market will react in a negative fashion so I’m moving 50% of my portfolio to cash.  

MOON

MOON invests in 50 early-stage companies, with the highest allocation of resources to research and development, along with the degree to which firms stress an innovative culture and mission.

New ETF, sounds interesting.  Going to have to make some room in my Roth for this.
Interesting

With Biden’s covid head saying he would recommend a 4-6 weeks shut down of the entire economy, this is a great question.  Obviously the market will react in a negative fashion so I’m moving 50% of my portfolio to cash.  
:sigh:

MIL received her first Schwab statement in the mail we me driving part of the bus for a full month.  She commented that the package was big and heavier than usually.
I still don’t know why I get so many books when I’ve set every setting I can find to paperless. I got, I kid you not, a book as big as the Bible with 8.5x11 pages for one of the SPACs. I can’t recall which one but based on the number of investors, they had to have sent out a half billion pages of paper.

stbugs said:
I still don’t know why I get so many books when I’ve set every setting I can find to paperless. I got, I kid you not, a book as big as the Bible with 8.5x11 pages for one of the SPACs. I can’t recall which one but based on the number of investors, they had to have sent out a half billion pages of paper.
I've been getting those on the SPACs too.  

stbugs said:
I don’t quite get what they do. They say e-commerce platform so do they sell this to used car dealers or do they compete with Carvana/Carmax/Cargurus/etc.?
They compete but you don't have to leave your home.

Texas Football said:
Bought a decent sized chunk of ZNGA after a $1 drop. Motley keeps telling me it is on the buy list and figured this was a decent entry price.

Any thoughts on this? Planning on this being a long term hold.
Anyone else trailing this?

Maik Jeaunz said:
Unless you're retiring unexpectedly in the very near future, leave it alone. As in don't look at it. I like to check in once a month similar to how I would sports scores, just as a "hmm, well that's cool 😎" thing. while taking no action in those accounts. 

I might sell a little of my non retirement accounts, but just the "fun money".

FWIW, MF just sent a video to members this morning suggesting this stock as a way to get people to sign up for one of their products. :oldunsure:
What means this and what video? I didn’t get anything with IPHI although I had purchased it already from their recommendation. I only have 30 shares, but definitely want to get more before their earnings call later this week. I hope this doesn’t mean I should have added yesterday.
I've got a theory here that if you know one pick from a service, the Yahoo "People Also Watch" feature can tell you some of the others. This was after watching a video emailed to me talking about FLGT today and doing some investigation. YMMV

COTY is up around 55% since 10/27. Knocking on the door of $5 for first time in a while. Cheap stock still. I own some Jan 2022 $8 calls that I bought on 10/27 and am up 75% on. I’m new to options, what’s my best move here? Hold and hope this thing hits $20 by late 2021?

I was not excited 
Yep, figured it would be another WFH (which basically means tech now, although it shouldn’t) bad day and CYDY/HGEN/others bad day.

I meant to post that an hour ago. Honestly holding up better than imagined although I think that’s because the broader market was kind of assuming MRNA would report the same as PFE since they are the same method of creating their vaccine. MRNA popped when PFE did. It’s like a mini version of what happened last Monday and I’d expect the same type of result. That’s why AHs trading is so dangerous. Small trading makes for easier jumps and drops that aren’t in line with the much bigger normal trading.

Kinda wish they'd save these vaccine pumps for days when futes are red and quit dropping them when futures (including Naz) were already way up. 

Dude...Amazon...get on it.
Probably going to have to wait until some Christmas shopping news comes out or next quarter’s earnings. They lowballed earnings forecast for Q4 so that dinged the stock and yes, I truly believe they lowballed it. They are 100% still in investment/growth mode and still earned $6.3B last quarter on $96B in revenue. They forecast $1 to $4.5B (pretty big range) on $20B more in revenue. Maybe they were setting up some additional spending like they did with one day shipping build out and CV prep, but it seems hard to believe they’d come anywhere close to $1B in earnings. I’d be shocked if they didn’t beat the $6.3B of last quarter. Heck, I think AWS will actually benefit next year from a vaccine. Cloud isn’t going away, ever, but there’s no doubt in my mind that IT staffs have not been spending as much as they will with a vaccine. ZM is different, that’s why I sold most of it at $570. I don’t think it’s a bad company but it accelerated its revenue by years. Other tech stocks may have kept growing but many larger scale projects and revenue got out on hold. Sorry to segue into a different topic but I’m still very bullish on tech (not the same as WFH) over the next 5-10 years. My 5G stocks have done really well lately and some other lesser known names.

Users who are viewing this thread