What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

What ever happened to FC42? I truly hope he held NIO forever. Also wish I had tailed him.
This is the one I'm really kicking myself over. Almost did the same thing but waited for it to pull back a bit as it had just risen a lot before I considered it. 

That's a good $60k I won't have :(

Big League Chew said:
CVS $76 $1.30 1/22

WFC $33.5 $.83 1/22

randall146 said:
I, and the rest of the investing newbs, would appreciate some explanation rather than just a ticker with no context. 

guru_007 said:
These are options with strike prices, costs and expirations.  I'd suggest you steer clear if you need explanation.
But even just a quick note of:  Stock options, I feel company FUXYZY will do such and such or I plan to hold or hold for about 2 months would help less experienced start to pick up on things.

Not a big deal if you don't want to share more but to just say " if you need an explaination then steer clear" doesn't help the community.

I am picking up stuff throughout the thread.  Probably just enough to get myself into more trouble.

Thanks to everyone in here.

Took a ride on my first SPAC by picking up some SVFAU on Friday. @ $12.08

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both as well and haven't sold them, just can't pull the trigger. 
Sold FSLY at $135 (cost basis for two buys was $17) because I felt like it had run too far. I kept some share but sold probably 85%. The next day the news about Tik Tok came out (random, not earnings date) and it dropped 40%. Sold it $1 off the high on the peak. ZM, sold about the same percentage at $570, just kept a small amount. Very lucky as that was also the peak day. I had owned it for over a year and saw Biden was thinking about messing around with the long term capital gains rates and it had run so hot. Saved myself $41k in losses if I kept holding. Just really lucky, blind squirrel and all. I do think FSLY down the road will get back to that level. ZM probably will as well but I’ve already reinvested the gains to keep diversified.

Historically alt coin markets have been driven by a bunch of wreckless nerds making a boat load on bitcoin and then jumping into smaller markets speculatively hoping for a larger opportunity for exponential gains.

I like ethereum as well, and I have smart friends that are all about chainlink.  Everything else is speculation imo.

Any thoughts on XOM long term?  I'm finally back in the green on this one and considering getting out to put the money elsewhere, but that 8% yield is staring me in the face.  Can they maintain that level of dividend?
Didn't get any responses to this, and didn't sell it.  Morgan Stanley just upgraded it to overweight with a $57 price target, and indicated a belief the dividend wouldn't be cut.  Glad I held, it's up 5% since I asked and keeping an 8% dividend in the portfolio sure is nice.

hooter311 said:
Sorry I've been awol.  Typed a whole long worded post and it got deleted by accident.

The sky is not falling on btc.  Now is the time to buy if you were waiting for the dip.   The correction yesterday wasn't a bubble, it was over leveraged futures being liquidated en mass.  

Favorite btc stocks at the moment:

1. GBTC- holding company where 1 share = 1/1030 btc.  Usually trades at a 12-30% premium over market price.  Other grayscale products trade at 300-500% premium but at much lower quantities.

2. MARA- bitcoin miner.  Could control 7% of worldwide bitcoin mining by the end of the year.

3.  MSTR- currently sitting on 70k+ btc.  They should be ready to adapt fastest and strongest to future btc implementation worldwide.
Thanks again, man. Appreciate the insights here.

Grabbed some MARA at the dip today.

Didn't get any responses to this, and didn't sell it.  Morgan Stanley just upgraded it to overweight with a $57 price target, and indicated a belief the dividend wouldn't be cut.  Glad I held, it's up 5% since I asked and keeping an 8% dividend in the portfolio sure is nice.
 Congrats. I’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested sellingI’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested selling

Any thoughts on XOM long term?  I'm finally back in the green on this one and considering getting out to put the money elsewhere, but that 8% yield is staring me in the face.  Can they maintain that level of dividend?
I still hold a sizable position in XLE for the dividends that I would like to trim smaller. Starting to look at selling some calls, but have been expecting what we are finally seeing (SA/Russia announcing production cuts). Think there is still room to run in oil prices over the next year.

BLPG:

I usually try to get at least a double out of a penny but sometimes I hold for the home run. I could have sold SFIO at .08 and now it's down to .05 but I'm still holding for $1. Probably dumb on my part but I never put more than a grand or two in it usually so it's money I can lose all of and not kick myself too much
Grabbed a few shares today. Up 12% so far. (Which of course could fall immediately)

Sold my $IMMR for a 25% gain, will set a reminder to look again a month or so out as we approach earnings. Put some of the proceeds into super spec play $BNGO, genomics company with a platform they are showing off this week, rumors once they get their listing fully reinstated funds including ARK looking to load up. Picks and shovels genetics play, basically.

hooter311 said:
Sorry I've been awol.  Typed a whole long worded post and it got deleted by accident.

The sky is not falling on btc.  Now is the time to buy if you were waiting for the dip.   The correction yesterday wasn't a bubble, it was over leveraged futures being liquidated en mass.  

Favorite btc stocks at the moment:

1. GBTC- holding company where 1 share = 1/1030 btc.  Usually trades at a 12-30% premium over market price.  Other grayscale products trade at 300-500% premium but at much lower quantities.

2. MARA- bitcoin miner.  Could control 7% of worldwide bitcoin mining by the end of the year.

3.  MSTR- currently sitting on 70k+ btc.  They should be ready to adapt fastest and strongest to future btc implementation worldwide.
What are your thoughts on DMGGF? I loaded up when you mentioned it earlier and even after today, I am up over 40% after adding steadily over the last month. Should I sell on the (huge) dip and go with MARA?

NajehHejan said:
ZOM en fuego - still time to jump on board - train just leaving the station!

Big League Chew said:
in!!!

ALL ABOARD
Dang...already a double up.  Is this the Vet stock?

Hopefully Bezos did something this quarter and we get enough of a pop to get me out of that dog and get more money into stocks guys here suggest.

SoftBank getting into the SPAC game, ticker will be SVFAU. Looking for comms, AI, Robotics, Cloud, fintech - pretty much just name a hot sector and they say it’s in their crosshairs. This will be a hot one.
Seems to be catching some bids.  Thanks for the rec - gonna ride this one a while.

About to finally venture into crypto. My account with binance is pending authorization. I got a hot tip from a FB group about IOST. I'll have to buy BTC or Ether then use that to buy IOST. The chart shows a long downtrend, but just reversed significantly on Friday. My opinion (not confirmed) is that it is becoming available on more exchanges (mainly, binance), which is driving the reversal. I plan to gamble with around 2 or 3 grand. If I can get in while it is still in the pennies, I'm a sucker for that kind of potential.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iostoken/
BVFWIH :unsure:  

stbugs said:
LMND has made up for me missing on U. Can't own everything, but man it's nice to already own the stock when MF SA announces it as the buy. Bought it mid-December and it's just about doubled all my shares. I bought 3 different times as it was right above and then dipped under $90.
I sold a little LMND before close and a little more when they announced their secondary (not surprised by that.) I’m not really a fan of their COO going on Twitter rants whining about Seeking Alpha bearish pieces. That’s one step away from shooting a paid Proactive video. Made we want to just take all of the gains and move on but I’ll sleep on it.

Historically alt coin markets have been driven by a bunch of wreckless nerds making a boat load on bitcoin and then jumping into smaller markets speculatively hoping for a larger opportunity for exponential gains.

I like ethereum as well, and I have smart friends that are all about chainlink.  Everything else is speculation imo.
Have liked ethereum for some time.  I hold about 80/20 bit and ETH mix.  Won’t touch any of the alt coins at all, speculation like you said.

Rumor in Bloomberg that CCIV merging with Lucid Motors. Just a rumor, but if it turns out to be real, should be huge. 
CCIV is up ~40% since yesterday but LCDX* is down ~7% from yesterday.  Does it make sense to own LCDX stock in case this deal goes through?

*LCDX is the correct ticker for Lucid Motors, right?

LPCN up 7% premarket

Conference Call Scheduled for 8:30 a.m. ET today

-- Both LPCN 1144 treatment arms met the primary endpoint with statistical significance

-- Statistically significant reduction in liver fat was observed compared to placebo

-- -- Up to a mean of 9.2% absolute and 46.9% relative reduction in liver fat

-- Statistically significant reduction in markers of liver injury were observed compared to placebo

-- -- Up to a mean of 22.4 U/L decrease in alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and 10.4 U/L decrease in aspartate aminotransferase (AST)

-- Adverse events in both the treatment arms were comparable to the placebo arm

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lipocine-announces-positive-topline-phase-130000144.html 

Users who are viewing this thread