Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3119

  • BassNBrew

    3078

  • cosjobs

    2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

27 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Nice. FSLY was mine when I sold it at the peak although only 100 shares were 12 baggers, rest was 7. ZM came close but only hit 8 bagger status when I sold off most of it.

 

I have both as well and haven't sold them, just can't pull the trigger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Swaymoney said:

 

I have both as well and haven't sold them, just can't pull the trigger. 

Sold FSLY at $135 (cost basis for two buys was $17) because I felt like it had run too far. I kept some share but sold probably 85%. The next day the news about Tik Tok came out (random, not earnings date) and it dropped 40%. Sold it $1 off the high on the peak. ZM, sold about the same percentage at $570, just kept a small amount. Very lucky as that was also the peak day. I had owned it for over a year and saw Biden was thinking about messing around with the long term capital gains rates and it had run so hot. Saved myself $41k in losses if I kept holding. Just really lucky, blind squirrel and all. I do think FSLY down the road will get back to that level. ZM probably will as well but I’ve already reinvested the gains to keep diversified.

Edited by stbugs
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

He's had more than one of these exits IIRC.....

We miss him in the gambling thread as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Crypto back on the upswing. Now is the time to buy if you are considering anything.

First crypto purchase of any kind....in GBTC @ $36.33 🤞. Thanks all!

@BassNBrewalmost up the same percent as my Amazon which I’ve had for 5 months 😂

Edited by pmedina
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Big League Chew said:

@hooter311not sure if you've went over this or not. Thoughts on DOGE coin?

With Elon attached to it, hard to fade the cult of "daddy elon".

That said, the only other thing I really know about it is that it was first developed as a joke.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically alt coin markets have been driven by a bunch of wreckless nerds making a boat load on bitcoin and then jumping into smaller markets speculatively hoping for a larger opportunity for exponential gains.

 

I like ethereum as well, and I have smart friends that are all about chainlink.  Everything else is speculation imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, SFBayDuck said:

Any thoughts on XOM long term?  I'm finally back in the green on this one and considering getting out to put the money elsewhere, but that 8% yield is staring me in the face.  Can they maintain that level of dividend?

Didn't get any responses to this, and didn't sell it.  Morgan Stanley just upgraded it to overweight with a $57 price target, and indicated a belief the dividend wouldn't be cut.  Glad I held, it's up 5% since I asked and keeping an 8% dividend in the portfolio sure is nice.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Sorry I've been awol.  Typed a whole long worded post and it got deleted by accident.

 

The sky is not falling on btc.  Now is the time to buy if you were waiting for the dip.   The correction yesterday wasn't a bubble, it was over leveraged futures being liquidated en mass.  

 

Favorite btc stocks at the moment:

1. GBTC- holding company where 1 share = 1/1030 btc.  Usually trades at a 12-30% premium over market price.  Other grayscale products trade at 300-500% premium but at much lower quantities.

2. MARA- bitcoin miner.  Could control 7% of worldwide bitcoin mining by the end of the year.

 

3.  MSTR- currently sitting on 70k+ btc.  They should be ready to adapt fastest and strongest to future btc implementation worldwide.

 

Thanks again, man. Appreciate the insights here.

Grabbed some MARA at the dip today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SFBayDuck said:

Didn't get any responses to this, and didn't sell it.  Morgan Stanley just upgraded it to overweight with a $57 price target, and indicated a belief the dividend wouldn't be cut.  Glad I held, it's up 5% since I asked and keeping an 8% dividend in the portfolio sure is nice.

 Congrats. I’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested sellingI’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested selling

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

 Congrats. I’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested sellingI’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested selling

You don’t have to say that again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

 Congrats. I’m glad I kept my mouth shut because I would have suggested selling

Don't worry, I wouldn't have listened to you.  You own a bunch of Amazon, after all, so you obviously don't know what you're doing.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFBayDuck said:
On 1/6/2021 at 12:54 PM, SFBayDuck said:

Any thoughts on XOM long term?  I'm finally back in the green on this one and considering getting out to put the money elsewhere, but that 8% yield is staring me in the face.  Can they maintain that level of dividend?

Didn't get any responses to this, and didn't sell it.  Morgan Stanley just upgraded it to overweight with a $57 price target, and indicated a belief the dividend wouldn't be cut.  Glad I held, it's up 5% since I asked and keeping an 8% dividend in the portfolio sure is nice.

I still hold a sizable position in XLE for the dividends that I would like to trim smaller. Starting to look at selling some calls, but have been expecting what we are finally seeing (SA/Russia announcing production cuts). Think there is still room to run in oil prices over the next year.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 2:53 PM, NajehHejan said:

BLPG:

I usually try to get at least a double out of a penny but sometimes I hold for the home run. I could have sold SFIO at .08 and now it's down to .05 but I'm still holding for $1. Probably dumb on my part but I never put more than a grand or two in it usually so it's money I can lose all of and not kick myself too much

Grabbed a few shares today. Up 12% so far. (Which of course could fall immediately)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold my $IMMR for a 25% gain, will set a reminder to look again a month or so out as we approach earnings. Put some of the proceeds into super spec play $BNGO, genomics company with a platform they are showing off this week, rumors once they get their listing fully reinstated funds including ARK looking to load up. Picks and shovels genetics play, basically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 1:37 PM, Big League Chew said:

Just signed up with voyager going to use that to buy crypto

I hope you waited until it went on sale 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

If I keep DCA'ing on TRUFF I'm going to end up owning the whole company. 

I'm still in the boat.  I hope we like truffles and acid.

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

If I keep DCA'ing on TRUFF I'm going to end up owning the whole company. 

Yeah, I'll have to increase my micro dosing if this is going to continue going down.

Edited by Ridgeback
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Sorry I've been awol.  Typed a whole long worded post and it got deleted by accident.

 

The sky is not falling on btc.  Now is the time to buy if you were waiting for the dip.   The correction yesterday wasn't a bubble, it was over leveraged futures being liquidated en mass.  

 

Favorite btc stocks at the moment:

1. GBTC- holding company where 1 share = 1/1030 btc.  Usually trades at a 12-30% premium over market price.  Other grayscale products trade at 300-500% premium but at much lower quantities.

2. MARA- bitcoin miner.  Could control 7% of worldwide bitcoin mining by the end of the year.

 

3.  MSTR- currently sitting on 70k+ btc.  They should be ready to adapt fastest and strongest to future btc implementation worldwide.

 

 

 

 

 

What are your thoughts on DMGGF? I loaded up when you mentioned it earlier and even after today, I am up over 40% after adding steadily over the last month. Should I sell on the (huge) dip and go with MARA?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

ZOM en fuego - still time to jump on board - train just leaving the station!

 

8 hours ago, Big League Chew said:

in!!!

ALL ABOARD

Dang...already a double up.  Is this the Vet stock?

Hopefully Bezos did something this quarter and we get enough of a pop to get me out of that dog and get more money into stocks guys here suggest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2020 at 3:09 PM, McBokonon said:

SoftBank getting into the SPAC game, ticker will be SVFAU. Looking for comms, AI, Robotics, Cloud, fintech - pretty much just name a hot sector and they say it’s in their crosshairs. This will be a hot one.

Seems to be catching some bids.  Thanks for the rec - gonna ride this one a while.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 1:22 PM, NajehHejan said:

About to finally venture into crypto. My account with binance is pending authorization. I got a hot tip from a FB group about IOST. I'll have to buy BTC or Ether then use that to buy IOST. The chart shows a long downtrend, but just reversed significantly on Friday. My opinion (not confirmed) is that it is becoming available on more exchanges (mainly, binance), which is driving the reversal. I plan to gamble with around 2 or 3 grand. If I can get in while it is still in the pennies, I'm a sucker for that kind of potential.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iostoken/

BVFWIH :unsure: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFBayDuck said:

Don't worry, I wouldn't have listened to you.  You own a bunch of Amazon, after all, so you obviously don't know what you're doing.

I'm still pissed at them for the Valdez incident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ericttspikes said:

Rumor in Bloomberg that CCIV merging with Lucid Motors. Just a rumor, but if it turns out to be real, should be huge. 

I have a friend who writes/reports on the EV space, and he looooves Lucid.  He interviewed the CEO and a couple of the product VPs last year, and has been really high on them since.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

What are your thoughts on DMGGF? I loaded up when you mentioned it earlier and even after today, I am up over 40% after adding steadily over the last month. Should I sell on the (huge) dip and go with MARA?

Let's just say I'm currently holding about 200k worth of dmggf off a 30k investment in November.  I like them as much as anyone long term.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stbugs said:

LMND has made up for me missing on U. Can't own everything, but man it's nice to already own the stock when MF SA announces it as the buy. Bought it mid-December and it's just about doubled all my shares. I bought 3 different times as it was right above and then dipped under $90.

I sold a little LMND before close and a little more when they announced their secondary (not surprised by that.) I’m not really a fan of their COO going on Twitter rants whining about Seeking Alpha bearish pieces. That’s one step away from shooting a paid Proactive video. Made we want to just take all of the gains and move on but I’ll sleep on it.

Edited by McBokonon
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Historically alt coin markets have been driven by a bunch of wreckless nerds making a boat load on bitcoin and then jumping into smaller markets speculatively hoping for a larger opportunity for exponential gains.

 

I like ethereum as well, and I have smart friends that are all about chainlink.  Everything else is speculation imo.

Have liked ethereum for some time.  I hold about 80/20 bit and ETH mix.  Won’t touch any of the alt coins at all, speculation like you said.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ericttspikes said:

Rumor in Bloomberg that CCIV merging with Lucid Motors. Just a rumor, but if it turns out to be real, should be huge. 

CCIV is up ~40% since yesterday but LCDX* is down ~7% from yesterday.  Does it make sense to own LCDX stock in case this deal goes through?

*LCDX is the correct ticker for Lucid Motors, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steeler said:

CCIV is up ~40% since yesterday but LCDX* is down ~7% from yesterday.  Does it make sense to own LCDX stock in case this deal goes through?

*LCDX is the correct ticker for Lucid Motors, right?

No. Lucid isn’t public - the point of SPACs is to bring private companies public.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

LPCN up 7% premarket

Conference Call Scheduled for 8:30 a.m. ET today

-- Both LPCN 1144 treatment arms met the primary endpoint with statistical significance

-- Statistically significant reduction in liver fat was observed compared to placebo

-- -- Up to a mean of 9.2% absolute and 46.9% relative reduction in liver fat

-- Statistically significant reduction in markers of liver injury were observed compared to placebo

-- -- Up to a mean of 22.4 U/L decrease in alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and 10.4 U/L decrease in aspartate aminotransferase (AST)

-- Adverse events in both the treatment arms were comparable to the placebo arm

 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lipocine-announces-positive-topline-phase-130000144.html 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, forgot who put me on ACTC, but thanks!  

Quote

ArcLight Clean Transition to Take Proterra Public in $1.6B Deal

Press Release: Proterra, Commercial Electric Vehicle Technology Leader, To Become Publicly Listed Through Transaction with ArcLight Clean Transition Corp.

@CR69 Thanks, man!  It was your tip on 12/16 that I tailed.  

Edited by beef
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, beef said:

Sorry, forgot who put me on ACTC, but thanks!  

 

Wonder if this is one where the pop is bigger pre or post merger. What's the play everyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Wonder if this is one where the pop is bigger pre or post merger. What's the play everyone?

I had to sell.  Anytime I can almost free roll half my position I'll take it.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beef said:

I had to sell.  Anytime I can almost free roll half my position I'll take it.  

The SPAC subreddit is happy about it. Given what we've seen with other EV companies lately I'm going to hold. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SPACs/comments/kvr2hv/evbus_manufacturer_proterra_to_go_public_through/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...